Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Dance Hall In The Tenement Basement
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Buildings
Avril
Does anyone remember the dance hall that was in the basement of a tenement in Springburn Road? I think it was orignally an air raid shelter. I have mentioned this to many people and they don 't remember it? I went to Albert Secondary School and we used to go there in the early '60's on a Saturday night, it was like being down in a cave....great atmosphere! Some of the boys from our school had a band and they used to play there. rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Avril
dizzybint
sorry dont know the area, but there was one , a dance club in a tenement at Whitevale st near the Gallowgate in the early 60s..
Avril
Thanks dizzybint, A reply at last after 4 years smile.gif Ah wiz beginnin' tae think that everybody was sleepin' ur maybe ah'm usin'the wrang deodorant laugh.gif
dizzybint
naw Avril am sure you smell like a daisy.. i hadnt noticed when that was posted, jeez all that time and not an answer, whats wrong with some folk hahahaha... sorry I couldnt help you there..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.