Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Bunty
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Childrens' Comics/Games/Toys
stuarty
watching the tv they showed an old copy of the bunty and its 50 years old this month a know we talked aboot the bunty before but refresh oor memories of all the peeple in it the 4 mary's went to marr school is that right and the cutty out doll at the back oh a used to go mad if a cut aff the piggin wee bit that kept it attatched on the doll grrrrrr hive you ever did that ?????? loads a times a bet laugh.gif
penny dainty
Is the Bunty only 50 years old? I thought is was a lot older that that mellow.gif
Melody
Now so did I Penny, I'm sure I was younger than that when I used to get the Bunty. Oh joy of joys the Bunty. Anyone remember one time getting a copy with a ruby ring inside, oh tae go tae school wi that ring was just somethin' else. laugh.gif A Princess wisnae in it. laugh.gif
mrssnuffy
My Granny gave me the Bunty every week for years. I remember, and still have, some of the wee easy receipes that were in it. My Granda used ti slip me a sixpence!!!
dizzybint
QUOTE (stuarty @ 22nd Jan 2008, 06:50pm) *
watching the tv they showed an old copy of the bunty and its 50 years old this month a know we talked aboot the bunty before but refresh oor memories of all the peeple in it the 4 mary's went to marr school is that right and the cutty out doll at the back oh a used to go mad if a cut aff the piggin wee bit that kept it attatched on the doll grrrrrr hive you ever did that ?????? loads a times a bet laugh.gif
loved the Bunty had it from the very first issue, as you say The Four Marys... Moir Kent ballerina.. Mr Minette.. One about the circus.... oh aye I loved it with all the wee gifts each week..
dizzybint
1958 the Bunty started.. long time ago..
Melody
Aw this was the first issue of The Bunty with The Ruby ring inside:

Click to view attachment
Dave Grieve
Sorry wrong topic
sumac
I loved the Bunty and the Judy! Bunty was definitely my favourite, though. Every week I carefully cut out the doll and clothes and kept them all together. At the time, I was staying with 2 old aunties (that was done in those days, kids papped off to Grannies or aunties because our flats were too wee). They bought the 2 comics every week for my sister and me. Ah, the memories!
taurus
I loved the School Friend,the poor girl with the bad eyesight and glasses,plain as a plain loaf,I don`t remember her name,but she was the butt of all the nasty jokes by the pretty girls. That and the Dandy and the Beano,and my big brother ,(home from work at dinner time (lunch ) and me from school,we fought over who got to read it first while we ate.no contest I always lost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.