Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Barras
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Buildings
stuarty
wub.gif can you pinpoint these pictures to the place in the barras that they were taken wub.gif
stuarty
and more wub.gif
stuarty
and the finalle laugh.gif
Geezabrek
Smashing piccies Stuarty.. Thanks 4 that.. but I widny huv a clue.. :-)
stuarty
one is the name of a loch laugh.gif and you need a lot of brawn or is that bray maybe
penny dainty
Smashing photos Stuarty and Witsi, don't know where they are , but ...erm...you didnt atually eat those things on your plate did you? bolk! bleah! ohmy.gif
angel
Hi Penny, I think they are great photos, and if Stuarty and witts a pigging out on mussels<; !
I think that is fantastic " .. I envy them.. tongue.gif tongue.gif
penny dainty
Hi Angel , well I tell you I admire anyone that can eat those things , oysters as well, I cannot for the life of me bring myself to chew one , I have managed to get both mussels and oysters into my gob , not at the same time let me say laugh.gif but the chewing part beat me , PTOOWEe out they came again into a napkin, nope canny do it sad.gif
angel
Thats ok penny,, wit cin a say, I still love yi..... tongue.gif tongue.gif
penny dainty
wub.gif hee!
stuarty
A love all seafood oysters with lime juice is best glugged down as that is how I normally eat them or a wee tin of john west smoked oysters or mussels noo my mouth is watering oh a wish a was at the barras laugh.gif
witshisname
Penny, linda had tae drag me away oot of the shoap,as i was just gettin started oan the mussels.
After eatin aww them lovely mussels,linda bought a takeaway of mussels and whelks,which we shared with her brother.
In total that wee trip to the restaurant cost 22 quid,but it was well worth it,plus it was great tae have a cup of Bree again mmmmmmmmm. smile.gif
penny dainty
Aw STOPPIT wits , that's mingin, bree, double bolk!! ohmy.gif
Elma
I'm with you Penny sad.gif
Gemini
Stuarty wis any o' these pics taken at the peoples palace by chance, and as fur the mussels, ah remember anytine I went tae the barras ah always stoapped in at that wee shoap and bought a bag of whelks, boy ah jist loved them.
betty2
Have tae admit never put whelks, mussels clappie doo,s or anything else of the like in my mouth , the sight of them makes me sick, not condemning those who dae but not for me wink.gif
stuarty
laugh.gif no gemini they are very near the barras or inside the barras the answers is the first pic is the sarecen head outside and the mussels are in loch fyne seafood bar and the place where the painting and the old bomb are in the barras up the stairs at the tea bar and the old bomb used to be situated in the st enochs train staition as they also had one in the central station but I dont know if it is still there wub.gif
Luceo
Stuarty,

...the painting and the old bomb are in the barras up the stairs at the tea bar and the old bomb used to be situated in the st enochs train staition ...

Thanks for that. You have solved a mystery for me as I have often wondered what happenned to the "Shell" from the old St Enoch's Station. There is still a Shell in Glasgow Central. It is situated just to the right as you leave the station at the Gordon Street exit.

Luceo
stuarty
thanks luceo that must be in the same place as the last time a was in the central was going to say bye to my wee mammy at her funeral .then a got a car and passed my test and drive everywhere even now wub.gif
Muroo
Gawd! I loved going into the "Oyster Bar" doon the barras.A couple a bags of wulks and a pin to pick them oot wi. Where I live now has a wee fish shop an it sells wulks so I cannae resist buying them...but! I draw the line at puting the wulks on an ootsider of breed,thats just no right LOL
CAT
Well bein a posh burd fae the east end ah like ma mussels in white wine or garlic.
Bu if ahm bein honest there's nothin like the mussels in vineger fae the barras. Ah still pop doon the odd Sunday for a wee cup. " ye cannae wak thum"
mrssnuffy
There used to be a really wee shop outside the Barras that had nothing but mussels in the window and I had to have a bag every time I went there. When you walked along the street all you could hear were mussel shells cracking under your feet. I still love mussels in any shape or form, YUM!!!
Cash-Ma-Giro
stuarty, this is the first time I've been in this great thread of yours. I too didn't know where the shell from St Enoch's disappeared to. Is it still in the same place in the Barra's, three years on from your photo do you know?

cash.
TeeHeeHee
> Glasgow Guide Boards > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Shells Memorial In Central Station, Photo request

Look in here Cash.
Cash-Ma-Giro
Gosh, I forgot I posted in here THH.

I tried to find your link just now without success, thanks though.

I'll keep trying every so often.
cheers,
cash
TeeHeeHee
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 8th Apr 2010, 07:03pm) *
> Glasgow Guide Boards > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat> The Shells Memorial In Central Station, Photo request

Look in here Cash.

Cash I don't know how to transfer links viz a viz Click Here but if you follow the series above then you'll come to it; (4 replies with 2 photos)
Cash-Ma-Giro
Here's some instructions for you THH
Click to view attachment
TeeHeeHee
clicky here tongue.gif

Don't bother clicking it's just a trial run ... and it worked. Mind you it's quicker just to post the link intit? biggrin.gif
Thanks Cash.
Cash-Ma-Giro
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 9th May 2010, 11:45pm) *
Brilliant, good on yer.

QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 9th May 2010, 11:45pm) *
<snip>Mind you it's quicker just to post the link intit?
Aye, as long as you urrnae me, A huvnae found the damp thing yet. Well I have actually, it just took me longer laugh.gif

I haven't been able to go out to take more shots for the Then and Now thread for a while, but Blimey, I've just spotted I've stolen someone's thread.
See above this thread = Glasgow- Now And Then Click to view attachment
andy wilson
QUOTE (Cash-Ma-Giro @ 8th Apr 2010, 07:10pm) *
stuarty, this is the first time I've been in this great thread of yours. I too didn't know where the shell from St Enoch's disappeared to. Is it still in the same place in the Barra's, three years on from your photo do you know?

cash.

Aye still next tae the tea stall in the main shed-for noo anyway till they pull the barras doon! sad.gif
dizzybint
QUOTE (stuarty @ 3rd Nov 2007, 10:48pm) *
and the finalle laugh.gif
The Sarrie Heid and the Oyster Bar next to the Cabin Vaults..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.