Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1524 Pages V  « < 1522 1523 1524  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 14th May 2021, 12:47pm
Post #22846

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Congratulations Anum on winning the Airdrie and Shotts by election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scot...litics-57087381

Isn't it strange that we never had the 24 hour rolling news on the English based news channels like we had in the run up to the Hartlepool by election last week, i wonder why? unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 14th May 2021, 04:44pm
Post #22847

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Surely you're not suggesting a media bias rolleyes.gif ( yes.gif )

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th May 2021, 06:37pm
Post #22848

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 14th May 2021, 05:44pm) *
Surely you're not suggesting a media bias rolleyes.gif ( yes.gif )

I would never suggest such a ridiculous notion Ash, the good old Beeb is a paragon of impartiality, and i hear Old Rug Head Andrew Kneel's GB news will be every bit as impartial. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 15th May 2021, 07:35am
Post #22849

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 14th May 2021, 07:37pm) *
I would never suggest such a ridiculous notion Ash, the good old Beeb is a paragon of impartiality, and i hear Old Rug Head Andrew Kneel's GB news will be every bit as impartial. laugh.gif

Well, his hair does resemble a Fox tail (and we all know what us under a Fox tail tongue.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 26th May 2021, 12:19pm
Post #22850

Mega City Key Holder
I'm just guessing here but I don't think Boris and his pals are all that happy with the second Cumming rolleyes.gif

While I'm here, can anyone enlighten me. If I'm reading it right, did Boris Johnston basically say it's ok to use racist and offensive (and homophobic) language if you are a journalist but he wouldn't do it now as he is PM? So if Martin Bashir promises not to interview any Princesses again (after 27 years) will the Tory witch hunt of the BBC stop huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 26th May 2021, 07:06pm
Post #22851

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th May 2021, 02:05pm) *
I know, what ever happened to their 350 million per week for our NHS that was on the side of bus, or why isn't Johnson dead in a ditch?
Maybe if that propaganda had had any substance the nurse whom Bojo the Clown praised for saving his life (Bojo's Kung Flu) would have had no reason to jack in her job at the NHS after his lot had awarded the nurses a measly 1% pay rise after all the hospital workers did, and are still doing, during the pandemic
We used to refer to gettin' aw yer thanks oan the wan plate rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 2nd Jun 2021, 07:41am
Post #22852

Mega City Key Holder
Very grateful to ITV who are bringing us nearly 3 hours of an England football friendly tonight. Back in March they brought us three England international matches (including one against the mighty San Marino) on the same evenings as Scotland were playing qualifying matches.

Do I think we are treated like second class citizens, I sure do rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post 2nd Jun 2021, 08:55pm
Post #22853

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jun 2021, 07:41am) *
Do I think we are treated like second class citizens, I sure do rolleyes.gif

yes.gif shaddup and eat yer beansl laugh.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 3rd Jun 2021, 07:27am
Post #22854

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 2nd Jun 2021, 09:55pm) *
yes.gif shaddup and eat yer beansl laugh.gif

Everybody knows I'm spaghetti "hoops" man tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Jun 2021, 11:27am
Post #22855

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 3rd Jun 2021, 08:27am) *
Everybody knows I'm spaghetti "hoops" man tongue.gif

Typical 'Selik' fan, Hoops with everything. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th Jun 2021, 11:55am
Post #22856

Mega City Key Holder
What is it with self loathing Jocks?

"People can't stop laughing at Unionist's plan to scrap Scotland's football team"

WITH the Euros around the corner, Scots are united in a feeling of giddy excitement.

It’s been 23 long years since the men’s football team qualified for a major tournament.

The sense of anticipation is tempered by a healthy dose of trepidation, but most of us are just pleased to be there instead of watching on from the sidelines.

Yet there are always those who want to spoil the party.

Step forward prominent Unionist blogger Effie Deans, who thinks the whole tournament should be torn to pieces.

Getting the ball rolling on the bonkers bandwagon, she argued that it’s ridiculous for individual member states of the EU to participate.

The blog reads: “The most baffling aspect of Euro 2021 is that it is an international tournament involving places that do not have an international relationship to each other.

"If the EU is the process of becoming a federation, which can be the only interpretation of its goal of 'ever closer union' why does it continue to have 27 separate football teams?

“The only teams that ought to be taking part are Turkey, Switzerland, Russia, Ukraine and North Macedonia, with only people from the European parts of Russia and a tiny corner of Turkey allowed to play. Clearly if you believe in the unity of the EU, and if you don’t what is the point of remaining, then the EU should have a single team as this would help develop the common identity so crucial for the EU project.”

Amazingly, there was even worse to come.

Deans argued that the four nations of the UK should disband their football teams to form Team GB.

“The criterion for members of Fifa is being a sovereign state with wide diplomatic recognition. In 2016 Fifa defined a country as ‘an independent state recognized by the international community’.

“But Scotland is not an independent state, precisely because we rejected the chance to become one in 2014. Having explicitly done so it would have been logical for the Scottish Football Association to have disbanded … It’s no use those who lost complaining about this.”

You heard her, no point complaining about her watertight plan.

Deans continued: “It is like arguing that Scotland is both independent and not independent. Of course, the SNP like to treat Scotland as being something that it is not (independent), but you cannot logically campaign for independence if you already have it.”

She concluded: “Just as the British government has finally seen the sense of ceasing to refer to the United Kingdom as four nations, because this only helps the separatists, so it should do what Germany did in 1990. It should unite our football teams.

“If the EU is serious about unification, it should do the same. At least then Scottish nationalists would understand that independence in Europe is a senseless concept as it would make clear that the parts of the EU are mere regions.”

So there you have it, Schrodinger's Scotland should disband its team and sign up to Brexit FC – what could possibly go wrong?

Not finished with her SNP bashing, Deans also claimed the party simply would not exist were it not for the landmark first international game between Scotland and England in 1872. Get your head around that one.

Astonishingly, her blog post didn’t go down that well.

Aberdeen University’s Dr Malcolm Harvey commented: “Absolutely bonkers Brit Nattery. 10/10 would read and guffaw at again.”

Stirling University academic Iain Docherty added: “This is a work of art in so many respects.”

Twitter user James put it more succinctly: “This is up there with the most ridiculous bollocks I've read in a good while.”

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19363547....feedback-anchor

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 11th Jun 2021, 02:14pm
Post #22857

Mega City Key Holder
Never heard of her, is she the chair of the David Icke appreciation society wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Jun 2021, 10:00pm
Post #22858

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 11th Jun 2021, 03:14pm) *
Never heard of her, is she the chair of the David Icke appreciation society wacko.gif

She is very well known in far right wing circles. yes.gif

+Quote Post

1524 Pages V  « < 1522 1523 1524
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Jun 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.