Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Liquid Gold, The near Future
peter.howden
post 12th May 2021, 04:08am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,485
Liquid Gold ;(1/18)
Fuel;

Two strangers slowly moving closer towards each other, individually surveying the whole public area with prying eyes for lackeys, who would sell their grannies if the price were right. A final security check completed, they nod discreetly, then a quiet, but stern voice asked, “Did you get past security without suspicion…Mr G?”. Mister ‘G’ did not answer, his stone face, and his silence made it clear…he trusted no one. The other man had no choice but to follow the strict protocol dictated by the covert association.

During the recent months, many of their best operatives had been ruthlessly picked up by local agencies. These law henchmen accepted bribes, to bring the prisoners into the clutches of the junta. What then happened, no one knew, but grimly predicted. Therefore, single letter’s introduction, so no one could name anyone, or give away titles when subjected to all forms of torture. A few secret signals in sign language instructed his title was ‘Mr C’, reduced the tension between the two couriers. Once the careful Mr “G” was satisfied everything safe had been completed as best they could, he replied shrewdly, “Yes, I trust so, without one single drop being discovered”.

They both moved into the Shadows offered to them by the honeycomb of the half-demolished building. Only the previous week, horrendous fighting, ended by mortars being used by the overzealous regime forces. “How did you get by the detectors without a bar code?”, curiously asked Mr “C”, to the now more relaxed other man. “ In these fraught times, as well as you know”, replied Mr “G” picking his words carefully, continued, “since 2069, nothing passes the protection corridor without one such markings, so I created some of my own”. “As far as these goons believe, their detectors picked up I was carrying some valuable sperm for a bull” whispered the dark caddied Mr “G”

“But is it the genuine article” crocked Mr “C”, his posture displaying some anxiety; “Will it convince the cynics?”. “This;” replied Mr “G” with a built-up authority in his voice, “Will blow their tiny little minds, even to the harden sceptics, how this reputed cherished leader, and his cronies, have been deceiving the populace for such an incredible long time”.

Unexpectedly, an unusual clatter from beyond the dimness , instantly both men crouched in defence mould…scrutinizing all directions their slim position would allow, they remained motionless until a rat scurried past Mr “C”. Without a word passing, slowly they turned to face each other, nodded to move closer to the main wall deeper in the darkness. Once ensuring safety, they exchange notes and Mr “C” took hold of the valuable cargo.

Before moving off in separate ways, Mr “G” looked at his counter partner with cold steel eyes, and instructed him; “Be extra careful, real cautious; many a good man has died so you can do your part”. Standing eyeball to eyeball, they locked gripped hands as old comrades, “I wish I knew your clan so I could salute you?” ruffed Mr “C”. Mr “G” replied, “but in our hearts, we will know”. With this final remark, he moved away towards the light. Mr “C”, almost running, sprang in the opposite direction, in the direction of some darker buildings further on.

Only a few hasty minutes passed before Mr “C” heard the familiar noise of gunfire coming from a sub machine gun. These bastards had silent laser guns but liked to make as much clatter as possible, warning everyone what will become anybody who disagrees with the law maker. Silence fell once more. Mr “C” moved even swifter to be as far away from the scene as possible. He checked his specific cargo was whole…there was a long road ahead.
-=-=-=-=-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Jun 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.