Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1524 Pages V  « < 1521 1522 1523 1524 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 30th Apr 2021, 06:58pm
Post #22831

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (ashfield @ 30th Apr 2021, 05:44pm) *
Signed and passed to our European friends thumbup.gif

Well done Ash, i was surprised there was no Russian translation but thankfully most of my Russian friends speak English.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 5th May 2021, 04:43pm
Post #22832

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Come oot, come oot, wherever yi' are tongue.gif

Don't forget the morra, vote early and vote often laugh.gif

I see the party heirarchy were contributing today, Gordon Brown and Boris Johnson reminding us of how lucky we are not to have them around eyebrow.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 5th May 2021, 09:53pm
Post #22833

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 5th May 2021, 05:43pm) *
Come oot, come oot, wherever yi' are tongue.gif

Don't forget the morra, vote early and vote often laugh.gif

I see the party heirarchy were contributing today, Gordon Brown and Boris Johnson reminding us of how lucky we are not to have them around eyebrow.gif

Yes, when those GG members who wanted us to remain in 2014, and most of them who wanted us to vote for separation from the EU in 2016 and who wished for a Tory majority in 2019, why are they not on here shouting from the rooftops how stupid we were not to believe them? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 7th May 2021, 07:39am
Post #22834

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Apr 2021, 12:06pm) *
Of course people will still vote for them, they have been conditioned all their lives to accept that they're inferior and need looked after by their generous benign Westminster leaders, i did mention to one of our GG Tory members that Johnson and Co could throw her family out on to the street, set fire to her house, shoot her dog and come the next election she'd still vote Tory.

Looks like your theory has been proved correct in Hartlepool unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 7th May 2021, 10:04am
Post #22835

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 7th May 2021, 08:39am) *
Looks like your theory has been proved correct in Hartlepool unsure.gif

Incredible, Mrs Jagz comes from that area and can't believe how that part of the North East of England has turned to the Tories, it'll all end in tears. yes.gif

+Quote Post
mcfergus
post 7th May 2021, 07:05pm
Post #22836

Special Visitor
Member No.: 11,765
I have a good friend from Rotherham married to a Greenock girl and living in Ayr. He is more determined than I am that Scotland should be independent and my phone has been ringing constantly with each SNP victory announcement
We have been asset stripped by Westminster Tory and Labour governments and freedom cannot come quick enough.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2021, 11:55am
Post #22837

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (mcfergus @ 7th May 2021, 08:05pm) *
I have a good friend from Rotherham married to a Greenock girl and living in Ayr. He is more determined than I am that Scotland should be independent and my phone has been ringing constantly with each SNP victory announcement

Delighted to see the SNP gain Ayr, your friend will be over the moon. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 8th May 2021, 12:26pm
Post #22838

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th May 2021, 12:55pm) *
Delighted to see the SNP gain Ayr, your friend will be over the moon. biggrin.gif

Not so sure our Ayr board member will share that emotion unsure.gif

Hard to believe that clown Mundell still trotting out the "once in a generation " guff, how many times does this need to be debunked angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2021, 01:05pm
Post #22839

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th May 2021, 01:26pm) *
Not so sure our Ayr board member will share that emotion unsure.gif

Hard to believe that clown Mundell still trotting out the "once in a generation " guff, how many times does this need to be debunked angry.gif

I know, what ever happened to their 350 million per week for our NHS that was on the side of bus, or why isn't Johnson dead in a ditch?

They really are worse than children, picking up their ball and tripping over their big petted lips on the way home.

And i'm sure Carmella will be incandescent with rage, after all the hard work she and her fellow Brexshit separatists did to deny their children and future generations the opportunity to visit and work freely in 27 EU countries and this is how they thank them. wink.gif

Unlike Danny i'm sure she'll be able to give many examples of how our lives have improved since we separated from the EU...Won't she? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 9th May 2021, 12:43pm
Post #22840

Mega City Key Holder
Well, as the dust kinda settles, a couple of things to be thankful for. Firstly the people of Scotland were not taken in by the Prat-in-the-hat, George Galloway. Thanks also to Alex Salmond for filtering out those individuals whose unrealistic ambitions for the independence process probably placed a referendum in jeopardy. His true colours have since emerged, so perhaps it's time he retreated quietly into the background.

Onwards and upwards thumbup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 9th May 2021, 12:47pm
Post #22841

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th May 2021, 02:05pm) *
... Unlike Danny i'm sure she'll be able to give many examples of how our lives have improved since we separated from the EU...Won't she? unsure.gif

An example of how my life has changed since the finalising of Brexit is that I have now lost my previous "indefinite residence" status as a citizen of a member state of the EU living in Germany.
It's only a crumb on the bedsheet of course but it now means that I have to apply for a new resident's ID card on August of each year. The card carries a biometric picture of the holder and the photo must include a minimum
of 80% 0f the, unsmiling, face. The guy who took the picture must have read that as a maximum of 80% because the photo excludes hairline, ears and a bit of chin leaving an image of a bawfaced miserable auld jooker: all my previous IDs; social security card, driver's licence, resident's permit etc.,) still bore those nice photies of yours trully fron 35 years ago tongue.gif
The good thing is that I have to change it again (at a cost to me of another 37) and this time I'll make sre that my hair and ears are in the picture and I'll crack a wee grin to knock a couple of years of and not look like a grumpy ol' geezer on the replacement.
So thanks to Brexiteers I now have an additional 37 expence.
Not that I'm complaining (much) but it's 12 sausages a year less for Dylan, Carmella, know what I mean pal? tongue.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 9th May 2021, 03:04pm
Post #22842

Mega City Key Holder
That's a shame Tomi, and you a poor, err, elder statesman like masel' tongue.gif

After all the fun last week with the French fishermen in the waters around Jersey, and the embarrassment of the UK government sending gunboats to the area, just wait to see what happens when the UK tries to impose the same licence restrictions on EU fishermen rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 10th May 2021, 07:09am
Post #22843

Mega City Key Holder
Just a further thought on the post election performance of the leader of the Tory branch office in Scotland. He said of the FM, no mention of improving the NHS, no mention of improving education, no mention of employment.

So what exactly has he and his cohorts been banging on about over the past year, nothing except stop indyref 2. What a clown.gif yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 10th May 2021, 01:08pm
Post #22844

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Saw this in the FT this morning wink.gif
"Post Brexit deals scotch freeport tax benefits for trade with 23 countries"
Emily Thornberry:
I fear that manufactures in towns, cities and regions across our country who have succeeded in bidding for freeport staus risk missing out on access to key markets

Freeports are set up to allow companies to receive components and ingredients from abroad without paying any duties including tarifs, vat or excise duties ... but busnessies that enjoy the advantages will be obliged to pay tarifs when exporting finished products to any of the 23 countries in question.

See that small print rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 10th May 2021, 05:08pm
Post #22845

Mega City Key Holder
Talking about clown.gif 's, I see that "I saved the world" Gordon"The Vow" Brown thinks he still has some clout when it comes to sorting out Scotlands future. He does of course, with the same voting rights as the rest of us.

Meanwhile I suggest he should haud his wheesht rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1524 Pages V  « < 1521 1522 1523 1524 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Jun 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.