Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

Glasgow Boards/Forums _ Lost Friends & Relatives _ Bogany Terrace and Auld Castlemilk Streets

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 3rd Jan 2005, 09:44pm

the auld streets doon now but does anybody know anything aboot this street in castlemilk,they called the flats the hilton,good parties up there,any info would be good please,thanx and a happy new year to yous good folks.

Posted by: marina 4th Jan 2005, 09:40am

hi jimmy, was bogany terrace near to the old castle or is it nearer tormusk? did you mean the mitchellhill flats? happy new year

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 4th Jan 2005, 03:02pm

bogany terr. was pulled down about 15 years ago,it sat in the middle of c/milk dr,and a wee path took you right up to m/hill flats and this was the original bundy came from,if anybody knows any of the good people that came from here gies a shout biggrin.gif

Posted by: marina 4th Jan 2005, 09:44pm

i know the LAYDENS and the O'KANES if this helps

Posted by: isa 5th Jan 2005, 09:12am

Hello,
just to let you know, I am one of those people that lived in the new high rise in Bogany, we were one of the 1st families to get one, we lived at number 3 on the first floor, I remember playing on the swings at the front of the flats and also many an evening round the back, in the summer we used to build tents, if i remember rightly, we had a teepee, also we used to cut through the back to go to St.Doms.
We used tohave many parties when we lived there and my cousin lived up the stairs, 17th floor i think it was.
this was the late 60's as we used to live in Ardincraig before that, facing the Mitchell flats.
Isa

Posted by: marina 7th Jan 2005, 10:38pm

hi jimmy, do you know the irvines from bridgeton, my granny came from there also helen orr aka nellie

Posted by: Guest_angela 13th Jan 2005, 06:23pm

i used to live in the high rise in bogany terrace. i lived on the 13th floor i lived there for 11 years have a lot of good memories from that time.i still live in castlemilk and i love the place and always will.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 13th Jan 2005, 06:50pm

good tae see that yous folks remember my auld street,13th floor angela,it wis ma wee pal that painted the white face oot in the stairs in your floor hen,how is the milk noo,

Posted by: Guest_angela 13th Jan 2005, 09:04pm

i remember the white face, me and ma pal were scared of it .i have got some great memories of there,as i said i still livi in the milk i know it sounds nuts but i would miss it if i left.all my relatives come from bridgeton,i was born there,the milk has changed an awful lot you would not know it.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 13th Jan 2005, 09:37pm

hia angela,could you tell me if an old friend i used tae run aboot wie many moons ago,his name is hutchie,great bloke from the terr.and dae you remember the street parties doon in the wee pitch.

Posted by: Guest_angela 13th Jan 2005, 10:25pm

i stayed oppisite hutchie i also lived in 14 bogany terrace i could not tell you much about him now jimmy his wife was kinda quiet.my ma and da used to help run the club under the flat and the street parties. i remember after my daughter was born i went to a party up mitchellhill flats at the bells and hutchie was blitzed and he came with us we had some laugh.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 14th Jan 2005, 08:38pm

AYE hen i remember the street parties well,i remember the punk rockers on diving aboot this big mat,crashing there heids into each other and a wee guy daieng his elvis wie a tennis racket,have they built hooses on the auld street yet biggrin.gif

Posted by: Guest_angela 15th Jan 2005, 12:50am

no they have not built anything there.i dont think they have any plans to anyway.i would go back and live there in a minute had some of my best times there.memories eh.

Posted by: AmazingGrace 15th Jan 2005, 03:24pm

It saddens me to read about the demise of Bogany Terrace. My Gran and Granda lived at No 6 Bogany Terrace and I remember the Adams family who lived across the landing on the top floor. Mr Adams was a butcher and he used to give my Mum the spices for her famous steak and kidney pies she used to make for New Years Dinner. wub.gif

Posted by: Guest_angela 17th Jan 2005, 03:22pm

would like to catch up with anyone who lived in the high rise in bogany terrace 1971- 1981.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 17th Jan 2005, 09:46pm

has anybody any photos of the old street ,

Posted by: weesue 18th Jan 2005, 11:21pm

Well Guys here's a picture that all you ex Bogany terrace Tenants
will Like! My sister used to live in Bogany Flats... Are you ready for a laugh?

Posted by: marina 18th Jan 2005, 11:24pm

the graffiti on the wall at the back of the picture is quite appropriate, dont you think haha

Posted by: isa 19th Jan 2005, 11:35am

hya,
does anyone know who the woman is standing next to the black and white minstrel at the back?
she is the image of my sister.
isa

Posted by: Guest_angela 19th Jan 2005, 12:49pm

the woman on the right side of the black and white minstrel is margaret the women on the left side of him is maisie. i know this because my mum margaret is the woman standing behind the bride hope this helps isa

Posted by: Heather 19th Jan 2005, 03:59pm

Never having lived in Castlemilk, I do not know anyone in the picture but, the woman dressed as a bride reminds me of Elaine C. Smith. rolleyes.gif

Posted by: isa 19th Jan 2005, 11:00pm

hya,
thanks for the reply, she looked like a mcdonald or mclaughlin, does anyone know what year this was taken as i left there in 71
isa

Posted by: Guest_angela 20th Jan 2005, 09:33am

the photo was taken in 1981 isa.you said you left in 1971 thats when i moved there we just passed each other. rolleyes.gif

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 20th Jan 2005, 02:28pm

pure class,give me more photos please,thanx 4 the memories

Posted by: Guest_ANGELACHICK 21st Jan 2005, 02:06pm

hi isa what floor did you live in at bogany terrace wub.gif

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 21st Jan 2005, 08:55pm

angela,is the labour club still opened and if any body has any more pics please post.i remember the auld wimin that stayed in the flats and she sat at the window all day and if she see you doing any thing wrong the windae would get rattled,i dont know how it never smashed,

Posted by: isa 21st Jan 2005, 08:56pm

hya,
i lived on the 1st floor #3 i beleive, we had our main window facing the front, i remember we lived next door to the caretaker, my cousin lived on the 17th floor also i had cousins that lived in castlemilk road and croftfoot, my brother lived in machrie too,
isa.

Posted by: Guest_ANGELA 22nd Jan 2005, 01:58pm

aye jimmy the labour club is still going strong.i am trying to remember the old dear you are talking about who rattled the window.what floor did you stay on.

Posted by: Angela Chick 22nd Jan 2005, 02:10pm

as i said i lived on the 13th floor .and everytime i went in the lift and said what floor i was going to.no matter who it was they always said ;unlucky for some; without fail it got on my nerves haha

Posted by: weesue 25th Jan 2005, 01:35am

Hi guys I remember going to visit my sister in the flats in the late 70's early 80's. and remember a poor wee soul of a wummin... I think they called her misses touchy, cos she went around touching things like poles, fences and cars etc. I don't know if she stayed at Bogany flats or just went around Castlemilk. I felt very sorry for her.
It must have been Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Which we have more understanding of these days, especially me cos my young daughter suffers with it, and it's a very stressfull thing for all the family. She would worry about contamination in her food etc, Gawd! I could write a book on the subject now.
I only know some of the faces in the photo, not the names, but will ask my sister next time I see her. Good photo tho' eh!
Weesue

Posted by: Allan D.Sim 25th Jan 2005, 02:25am

I never lived in Castlemilk, in fact I have never lived in the southside of Glasgow. The three houses I've left are history, but no4 is safe I hope. Anyway, back to the reason for post. Castlemilk House which we all know was demolished in 1969 mad.gif , was situated near Barlia Terrace. I went to find the base of the tower in 1986, it was sunny Saturday evening. I got off the Magicbus (it was white then) around Tormusk Road. I found my way round walking past Swimming Pool, and right round Ardmaleish Road, thinking it was odd houses on one side, and trees on other. I finally found Barlia Terrace, but not the site. I walked through a side street and found myself at the hole in the wall, I got a 75 back to city centre, and then went home.Story concludes 2 1/2 years later. I went back in March 1989 and found it, if I had walked 30 yds from bus stop, turned left I could have been there in about 5 mins, not the 40 it took last time. And where was the site, on top of a hill 50 yds behind me... stupid me, next time i'm taking a camera. Can I come back please, if so, I'm the idiot with the camera taking pics of a few stones!!

Posted by: Angela Chick 25th Jan 2005, 04:04pm

hi sue i remember the lady you are talking about who touched everything.my friend suffers from OCD as well so i know were you are coming from;as you said its a recognised condition now.

Posted by: weesue 26th Jan 2005, 01:35am

Hey Allan. Shame about first your journey to C/milk. Most of C/milk looked the same anyway in them days. I used to be confused as a child too. and I lived there! You should have a look around now... It's lovely with so many different types of architectural designs. The ruins are still there, but incorporated into a childrens play park. at least they have been preserved. As a former member of the history group for C/milk, we commissioned an archaeological dig to be done before the playpark was started. And insisted that the ruins be preserved.
You will be welcome back anytime to Castlemilk, so get that camera oot eh!

ANGELACHICK - Thanks for being so understanding. You have to have a lot of patience eh!
I have attached a news clipping from the Milkround mag. which is on my web site ir you want a further look. Taken in 1993 when Bogany flats were demolished.

Posted by: Angela Chick 26th Jan 2005, 01:39pm

hi sue i appreciated the photo you sent in of the street party with everybody dressed up because my mum was in it .brought back good memories for me.my friends ocd is in the form of cleaning my heart goes out to her al she does is clean her house so i kind know how you feel.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 27th Jan 2005, 09:07pm

sorry angela hen ive not been oon for a while,i stayed oon flat 9 next tae a family called hughes,dae yie know them,i remember the faither well and i remember the andersons as well,hope tae hear fae you soon,cheers folks for the memos.
biggrin.gif

Posted by: Angela Chick 27th Jan 2005, 09:19pm

aye jimmy i remember the hughes family; susan and davie they had two boys. i dont remember the andersons.did you look at the picture wee sue posted in of the flat being demolished.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 27th Jan 2005, 10:26pm

thats right angela,susan and davie,good family ,is that susan in the pic ,i thought it was her,whit aboot the the browns or the broons etc big alfie and that

Posted by: Angela Chick 27th Jan 2005, 11:06pm

aye jimmy i see alfie brown now and again a lot of the bogany punters are still about. i dont know if you remember some of these people john conway joe vallery john hamilton the reason i am saying this is they all died within months of each other

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 29th Jan 2005, 10:50am

sorry tae hear that aboot your auld boy angela,i think i knew your da fae the labour club,good snooker player if i remember, sad.gif

Posted by: Angela Chick 29th Jan 2005, 01:38pm

aye jimmy that was my da he used to say to me he was a shark at snooker ha ha i lost him in july 2002 and its only know i can speak about him it tore my family to bits but we are getting there its the only thing you can its a case of sink or swim

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 30th Jan 2005, 01:42pm

keep the heid up hen,send my love to your family,

Posted by: Angela Chick 30th Jan 2005, 02:33pm

thanks jimmy i appreciate that.i must admit i loved bogany flats ma mum said she would never find neighbours like she had in the flats anywhere cause they were so friendly and helpful.at the bells her and my da used to go up and down al the floors and in and out al the houses for parties and i laughed cause they never had to leave the building

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 30th Jan 2005, 09:51pm

thats right hen,there were at least 3 parties oon 1 landing and nae trouble at all,aw you needed was a can of beer, biggrin.gif

Posted by: Guest_ANGELACHICK 22nd Apr 2005, 09:41pm

Hi jimmy i haven't posted here for a while, how you doing. smile.gif

Posted by: scarlet 16th May 2005, 09:54pm

hi i have just joined this site and i remember bogany terrace well my mum and her friends ran a mothers and toddlers group in the room at the bottom of the flats for years and my grandpas retirement party was held in there. a number of my mums friends lived up the flats the most memorable one being Aggie Devlin...great we woman! we lived on the drive 185, just round the corner. great days...great people

Posted by: Angela Chick 16th May 2005, 10:08pm

hi scarlet i lived in bogany flats for 11 years, my mum and dad helped to run the club under the flats, my mum was the treasurer i remember aggie devlin to.

angelachick

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 18th May 2005, 05:50pm

aw rite angie,how you doing hen ive not been oon thisfor donkeys,i jist seen yir last post there,you must be a jinx,every flat you have stayed in is coming doon biggrin.gif ,when is the flats coming doon anyhow,hope tae hear fae you soon hen,

Posted by: Angela Chick 18th May 2005, 06:18pm

Hi jimmy, a reckon a must be a jinx ha ha, hope your well. I dont know wen mitchellhill flats are coming doon but a thiink they are in discussion aboot it the noo. i sent a post tae you in april on the topic you started aboot c/milk streets.

best wishes

angelachick

Posted by: marina 20th May 2005, 10:06pm

does anybody remember a woman who everyone called bella queen that lived in the close next to 229 castlemilk drive it was in the square at the top of the drive or my mums friend cathy clark who lived at 229 around 1978 onwards her husband was jim and adopted son kevin

Posted by: Angela Chick 20th May 2005, 10:15pm

marina i know bella queen well i have never spoken to her but i know who she is and i know some of her family

angelachick

Posted by: marina 21st May 2005, 12:03am

i remember she used to sell things to all the local women, kids clothes and such, we lived at 229 for a while

Posted by: Guest_guest 11th Jun 2005, 08:16pm

I used to stay at 183 Castlemilk Drive, we stayed on the top flat the back of the flat faced on to Mitchelhill Primary and i have loads of happy memories of Bogany Terrace especially the wee path that came down from our back door to Bogany Terrace the bin men used to wheel the bins down it in a cradle thingy with two wheels, was great going down there on a two wheeled scooter. If i remember right i remember a girl called Sally Pickles we were all scared of lol and a girl who used to babysit me was called Christine Smith she stayed in Bogany terrace I don't think i knew anyone in the high flats there but i do remember playing in the lift and getting stuck for a couple of hours in it

Posted by: Trooper 999 12th Jun 2005, 08:09am

Jimmy i knew a few guys from bogany terrace . And Machrie drive PS Jimmy Glesca and the fleet used to knock F..k out off us up here in Ardmaleish . the only time i passed bogany when i was in the no37 bus going up the drive . Last time i saw Jimmy was in the queens park cafe 4 years ago . still smart . Going now Jimmy cheers

Posted by: stuarty 12th Jun 2005, 11:38am

that was short and sweet a didny get it ma brain is frazzied a think doh rolleyes.gif

Posted by: Luckyangelgirl 20th Jun 2005, 09:48am

smile.gif Hello ther Bogany people! Its good to know there's still some folks out there who remember those times. I lived on the 3rd floor - my name's Linda Cuthbert - mum is Margie, brother Jeff and my granny is Aggie Devlin. I've got photos - I'll put them on soon - when I get the chance.

Posted by: jimmy fae bridgeton 20th Jun 2005, 07:22pm

good tae hear from you linda and i love tae see your photos of the auld street, biggrin.gif

Posted by: Guest 24th Jun 2005, 12:12pm

I'd love to see any pictures of my old school, Mitchelhill Primary does anyone have any?

Posted by: stuarty 24th Jun 2005, 02:50pm

dennis findley use to live in ardencraig road and ma wee ma lived at 173 ardencraig road then the bogany flats 141 she died there 12/12/87 very sad sad.gif

Posted by: marina 24th Jun 2005, 04:14pm

i have my school photos of mitchellhill primary but i dont know how to get them on the site

Posted by: Guest 27th Jul 2005, 07:05pm

remember the mcphee family at block7 8 up they were one of the first family to move into flats

Posted by: Angela Chick 27th Jul 2005, 07:16pm

You must be thinking of mitchellhill flats there was 5 of them

Bogany terrace was only the one high rise flat.

angelachick

Posted by: Big Stuff 23rd Feb 2006, 01:14pm

I lived in Bogany Terrace and remember Sally Pickles. Her real name was Sally Aitken and she lived top floor at 14 Bogany Terrace, and she became a fish filleter! Christine Smith stayed opposite Sallys close in the ground floor, the close nearest to the school driveway. Any-one remember Patricia Mithell, Sadie Mitchell, Danny Kelly, Alex Gray ( he was the paperboy across from the bundy selling the Evening Times), Alex Watt, Stephen Brown, Brian McKay, Archie Syme, Tich (Sadies brother), Alan Gourley, Janet McClean, Helen Godfrey, or Tam McMahon.
Dennis Findlays nickname was was "Fiddle" and was in my class at Grange, now Castlemilk High School.
A few musicians and artists came out of Bogany Terrace. Cool place.

Posted by: Hawthorn 3rd May 2006, 09:48am

QUOTE (jimmy fae bridgeton @ 4th Jan 2005, 04:02 PM)
bogany terr. was pulled down about 15 years ago,it sat in the middle of c/milk dr,and a wee path took you right up to m/hill flats and this was the original bundy came from,if anybody knows any of the good people that came from here gies a shout biggrin.gif

Hi Jimmy I stayed at No4 Bogany Terrace and at my Grannies 8 Ardencraig Terrace. I remember playing on the wee pitch on a Sunday. Iain Macdonald

Posted by: bundybhoy 3rd May 2006, 10:41pm

QUOTE (Hawthorn @ 3rd May 2006, 10:48 AM)
Hi Jimmy I stayed at No4 Bogany Terrace and at my Grannies 8 Ardencraig Terrace. I remember playing on the wee pitch on a Sunday. Iain Macdonald

are you sammys bhoy

Posted by: jimmie01 5th May 2006, 11:25am

QUOTE (Big Stuff @ 23rd Feb 2006, 02:14 PM)
I lived in Bogany Terrace and remember Sally Pickles. Her real name was Sally Aitken and she lived top floor at 14 Bogany Terrace, and she became a fish filleter! Christine Smith stayed opposite Sallys close in the ground floor, the close nearest to the school driveway. Any-one remember Patricia Mithell, Sadie Mitchell, Danny Kelly, Alex Gray ( he was the paperboy across from the bundy selling the Evening Times), Alex Watt, Stephen Brown, Brian McKay, Archie Syme, Tich (Sadies brother), Alan Gourley, Janet McClean, Helen Godfrey, or Tam McMahon.
Dennis Findlays nickname was was "Fiddle" and was in my class at Grange, now Castlemilk High School.

I was born in the top story at 2 Glenacre terrace. on the corner of Gelnacre tce & Glenacre Drive.I remember an Alan Gourlay used to live in the flat below us. We (Hewitts) immigrated to Australia in 1967. And there was an Alan Bain that lived a couple of doors down too. They're the only names I remember. I also Remember on my second day at castleton school I walked home with a girl who lived in the Dougrie Rd tenement and she lived on the top floor. We went to her place up in the lift and when I went to go home we couldn't reach the lift buttons and I had to go down the 13 floors of stairs. It was the scariest thing i had ever done and I can still remember it 40 years later.

Posted by: Hawthorn 5th May 2006, 03:03pm

QUOTE (bundybhoy @ 3rd May 2006, 11:41 PM)
are you sammys bhoy

No mate

Posted by: stuarty 5th May 2006, 11:13pm

dennis findley fiddle lived in ardencrag st then he was in bogany flats about 3 flights up and ma ma lived in the flats when a went to wraf and was the mcmahon guy have a sister linda if so a was in her class in the maggies

Posted by: soko 19th Jun 2006, 03:01am

Reading these posts has been a joy as the memories come flowing back. I lived at 6 bogany terrace with my Ma n Da (Katie n Watty) before leaving for the "big smoke" down south in 1978. sad to say never bin back. My best pals were Rab & Oweny McAuley, Tam McMahon & Big Eck. Great neighbours included The Lee's The Shifranics (Eric had an ice cream van) , Albert McKay + family, The Andersons, the Wards The Coyles to name a few. My brother (Big Jim) lived in the flats for a while with his wife (Vicky) and brood (Peter,James & Veronica). Great memories - thanks yoo lot.

Posted by: TAM AGNEW 9th Aug 2006, 08:52pm

HELLO THERE

I LIVED IN 11 .BOGANY TERRACE BETWEEN 1963-1970 I WORKED ON A MILK RUN WITH MY MATE JAMES MONTGOMERY HE STAYED AT NUMBER 7
WE WORKED FOR PERRATTS DAIRIES AND DEIVERED TO BOGANY HIGH FLATS OUR CUSTOMERS GAVE GOOD TIPS. WE WENT TO ST DOMINICS AND THEN TO ST MAGGIES.

HAPPY DAYS

Posted by: guest#1 17th Aug 2006, 09:47am

I lived in Ardencraig terr but visited bogany often. I remember loads of names the mcghees toners millers browns hamiltons could go on .... anyone else remeber them dry.gif

Posted by: Matthew F 4th Sep 2006, 01:28pm

Eddie McGurin that lived there is now an engineer his partner is Carol Queen, also the area is now earmarked for private housing.

Posted by: isa 14th Sep 2006, 06:51am

Hya,
does anybody remember the murray's and the hunters fae bogany terrace?

Posted by: Angela Chick 14th Sep 2006, 12:01pm

Isa i remember a family called Hunter that lived in the 17th or 18th floor of the flats the daughter was called carol, and the only Murray's i remember was Dennis Murray who at one time was the caretaker of the flats.

Posted by: marina 14th Sep 2006, 12:36pm

i went to school (braeside primary) with an anne hunter she would be 36 now

Posted by: isa 15th Sep 2006, 06:25am

Hya,
the Hunters I know did live on the 17th floor I think it was, but the mum was Carol and the daughter Sharon, she is about 42 now.
Also the murray's were on the 1st floor and the dad was asst caretaker but his name wasnt Dennis, they all lived in the flats around 67-69.
isa

Posted by: Guest_Danny 30th Sep 2006, 04:16pm

hi, im currently lookig for some footage of the bogany bang for a website im building, if anyone can help please email me

danny@castlemilkonline.com

Posted by: danny39 30th Sep 2006, 04:44pm

hi,
im looking for some footage of the bogany bang for my website that im building, if anyone can help please email me

danny@castlemilkonline.com

Posted by: lindamac 9th Oct 2006, 03:08am

Are ye interested in any of the other streets ,i noticed up top there it says other streets in castlemilk.If its of any help tae ye,I myself had a few relatives frae castlemilk.My Grandad Bill mearns lived at 23 Knockhill rd with my 2 uncles George &Joe &Georges daughter tae 1st wife Kathleen Mearns,My uncle George married a wuman frae 1 up 1st left of close named Agnes mooney even though their awe deceased now Agnes left behind twin sons,paul?joseph&big sister tae the twins was lilian mooney.Kathleen is well&on the go still in Glasgow. Also my Uncle Bill&aunty gracie mearns lived at 25 Biirgadale avenue or ?cres,uncle bill died but Gracey is going strong as are her sons Billy George&Joe &the daughter evelyn iam unsure of where or what but older sister Gracie died couple of years ago.

Posted by: Smash 15th Nov 2006, 12:06am

This place bring back a few memories!

I lived in Ardencraig Rd and went to Mitchellhill Skool (about 1975-1986). Got some school photos if anyone is interested, but not of the skool. Eddy McGurin was my mate (top guy). There was about 15 of us growing up around the same age. Used to remember Mrs Touchy, she lived in Tormusk.

Ended up in Blackpool with 4 sprogs now :>

Posted by: smash 15th Nov 2006, 01:08am

Man found this place by accident and it brings back memories!

Grew up in Ardencraig Rd between 1975-90 ish and used to be called smash. Knew Eddy McGurin (+ Rocky) and there was about 10-15 of us. Went to Mitchellhill and Glenwood skools and left in 86 or so. Remeber Mrs Touchy (she lived in Tormusk). Moved away about 16yrs ago and still visit my Ma.

Not got any pics of Castlemilk, but a few scary skool photos of Mitchellhill if anyone interested.

All the very best to all of u!

Posted by: bundybhoy 20th Nov 2006, 03:33pm

QUOTE (smash @ 15th Nov 2006, 01:08 AM)
Man found this place by accident and it brings back memories!

Grew up in Ardencraig Rd between 1975-90 ish and used to be called smash. Knew Eddy McGurin (+ Rocky) and there was about 10-15 of us. Went to Mitchellhill and Glenwood skools and left in 86 or so. Remeber Mrs Touchy (she lived in Tormusk). Moved away about 16yrs ago and still visit my Ma.

Not got any pics of Castlemilk, but a few scary skool photos of Mitchellhill if anyone interested.

All the very best to all of u!

how you doing smash,i knew yir brother well m8,still a hun,not doing to good ehh biggrin.gif get in touch m8,miss the auld st as well m8 sad.gif stik yir photies up pal

Posted by: smash 25th Nov 2006, 09:08pm

Hey mate, don't really see much of my brother now as he moved home a bit ago.

Got some photies of my sprogs at:-
http://redirect.php?url=http://nixeat832.blogspot.com/

Take care mate

Posted by: Capone 2nd Dec 2006, 12:49am

Bogany Terrace .. What a place !
Anyone remember the Conway's dog called Teddy that used
to chase the motors all the time ?

Posted by: stuarty 2nd Dec 2006, 02:34am

there are pic in this site and also in history of castlemilk my ma moved from 173 ardencraig road up to 141/14 bogany terr wee wummin on her own cathy stuart was her name died there in 12th december 1987 rip my wee mammy

Posted by: bundybhoy 3rd Dec 2006, 11:57am

QUOTE (Capone @ 2nd Dec 2006, 12:49 AM)
Bogany Terrace .. What a place !
Anyone remember the Conway's dog called Teddy that used
to chase the motors all the time ?

used tae hate big mark mghee that dug,used to go bonkers everytime he clocked him biggrin.gif whit wis the owners name again,i new him well anaw huh.gif

Posted by: Angela Chick 3rd Dec 2006, 12:09pm

That dug was aff its nut big time biggrin.gif funny you should mention mark mcghee bundybhoy a remember that dug hating him. biggrin.gif
think it was Anthony's dug.

Posted by: bundybhoy 3rd Dec 2006, 05:05pm

QUOTE (Angela Chick @ 3rd Dec 2006, 12:09 PM)
That dug was aff its nut big time biggrin.gif funny you should mention mark mcghee bundybhoy a remember that dug hating him. biggrin.gif
think it was Anthony's dug.

thats ryte angie i knew his auld boy,drove the big lorry which was always parked outside the close.any other auld faces ye can remember

Posted by: Angela Chick 3rd Dec 2006, 05:25pm

Aye bundybhoy the big Pilkington Glass lorry ye could nae miss it biggrin.gif

A probably know everyone you know biggrin.gif

Posted by: Capone 3rd Dec 2006, 08:22pm

Teddy hated magoo & derbo cause they leathered it in the lift, well thats what i heard lol
Anyone rmember mrs rathey (plastic face) ?

Posted by: bundybhoy 4th Dec 2006, 07:07pm

QUOTE (Capone @ 3rd Dec 2006, 08:22 PM)
Teddy hated magoo & derbo cause they leathered it in the lift, well thats what i heard lol
Anyone rmember mrs rathey (plastic face) ?

aye m8 mrs rathey fae five up.whit aboot the auld thing that used tae sit it her windae going mental when she saw ye daeing anything wrang,i dunno how her windae never smashed when she banged it,the wee club wis the best in the scheme,some days oot in the summer holidays,someone must have the photies fae the street partys as well ehhhhh biggrin.gif

Posted by: danny39 3rd Jan 2007, 09:40pm

if anyone would like to submit old picture's or video's please visit my website http://redirect.php?url=http://www.castlemilkonline.com

Posted by: Guest 1st Feb 2007, 07:43pm

QUOTE (Big Stuff @ 23rd Feb 2006, 01:14 PM)

Don't Beat about the bush and tell us who these musicians and artists are

Posted by: Guest_maniloonie 3rd Feb 2007, 12:41am

I remember Christine Smith, she used to babysit me when i was about 5 or 6, she was some lassie. My mum came home and caught me sitting smoking with christine and that was the end of the baby sitting for her lol, i stayed along the back court from her, in castlemilk drive, 183. We stayed in the top flat on the right hand side and we had the welches next door down below us was Sam Dodds, he had a daughter called helen and then over the landing from Sam was an old woman called Mrs Hall, down the stairs from Sam was a family called the Murphys and i think there was a big guy called Fred lived next to them but cannot remember his name. I used to get battered by the girl in the next close in 181, Sandra Peever and she had a sister called Carol-anne.

Posted by: harmony row 9th Mar 2007, 07:32pm

KNEW THE MCLAUGHLANS AT NO.8 MICK BERNADETTE AND ANNA MID 60,S WONDER IF ANYONE KNOWS OF THEM

Posted by: stuarty 9th Mar 2007, 08:09pm

QUOTE (Smash @ 15th Nov 2006, 12:06 AM) *
This place bring back a few memories!

I lived in Ardencraig Rd and went to Mitchellhill Skool (about 1975-1986). Got some school photos if anyone is interested, but not of the skool. Eddy McGurin was my mate (top guy). There was about 15 of us growing up around the same age. Used to remember Mrs Touchy, she lived in Tormusk.

Ended up in Blackpool with 4 sprogs now :>

mrs touchy was helen derby she had a stroke that cause her illness and she used to frighten me a readhead woman, I lived just up the stairs fay tormusk shops 173 ardencraig road and a remember fiddle from across the five apartments when he was younger and a had a smooch way him when a was a youngster anaw and we all used to play kiss kick torcher oh the memories but a left in 1978 to join the W.R.A,F but happy days in the milk

Posted by: francie 1st Apr 2007, 01:41pm

QUOTE (stuarty @ 9th Mar 2007, 08:09 PM) *
mrs touchy was helen derby she had a stroke that cause her illness and she used to frighten me a readhead woman, I lived just up the stairs fay tormusk shops 173 ardencraig road and a remember fiddle from across the five apartments when he was younger and a had a smooch way him when a was a youngster anaw and we all used to play kiss kick torcher oh the memories but a left in 1978 to join the W.R.A,F but happy days in the milk

Mrs touchy and helen darby were not the same person. Mrs touchy stayed near tormusk shops were helen derby stayed at scarrel road, and fiddle stayed across the road from the fives at a/craig street

Posted by: AUDREY MCNAIR 9th Apr 2007, 09:14am

tongue.gif HI my name is Audrey Dykes formerly McNair . Ilived on the 14th floor ,would like to hear from anyone who remembers me or my sister Debbie.My mum is Margaret and my dad is Sam.

Posted by: audrey 14th Apr 2007, 10:59am

hi everyone my names audrey and i use to live on the 14th floor. i lived there for 16 years and still stay in c/milk. i have great memories living there

Posted by: nutty 14th Apr 2007, 11:18am

hi audrey, do you remember the toners?????

Posted by: bundybhoy 19th Apr 2007, 07:34pm

QUOTE (nutty @ 14th Apr 2007, 12:18 PM) *
hi audrey, do you remember the toners?????
aye i remember them,knew them well,do you know them,

Posted by: stuarty 20th Apr 2007, 12:12pm

hi audrey my mammy lived in 141 after ardencraig rd at bogany terrace mrs mcnair used to do my mammy,s turn of the stairscause she had cancer and empasema so a dont know if you knew her cathy stuart .......................................sorry a got helen derby mixed up as a dont remember touchy as that must have been after a left castlemilk also ardencraig st is across from the 5 apartments in ardencraig rd as the hintons of whom i am a relative and the docherty,s and crosbys c goldricks and the rest a knew them well

Posted by: stuarty 20th Apr 2007, 12:17pm

QUOTE (francie @ 1st Apr 2007, 01:41 PM) *
Mrs touchy and helen darby were not the same person. Mrs touchy stayed near tormusk shops were helen derby stayed at scarrel road, and fiddle stayed across the road from the fives at a/craig street

francie am no disputin where fiddle lived as the last place a seen him was the bogany flats as my ma moved there sorry if a sound curt but its the way a answer things so dont mind me ok

Posted by: audrey 21st Apr 2007, 04:10pm

hi stuarty. yes i do remember ur mum.. i use to help my mum with the stairs.

Posted by: jane collins 29th Apr 2007, 05:02pm

Hi there

Another memory for all you Malkies out there. My dad was a lamplighter in Castlemilk in the 60's. His route started on Ardencraig Road at the bottom of Ardencraig St ,where we lived, and went up to Castlemilk Drive,along Bogany & Ardencraig Terrace then back to the top end of Ardencraig Road and finished opposite St Martins. He always used to have a load of kids follow him round Bogany. I remember he had to check the little green light in the wooden box in the close and if that was dim it meant there was a light out somewhere, usually on the top landing!!

Posted by: bundybhoy 20th May 2007, 10:40am

does anyone remember the cambells lassies who stayed next to the flats,just heard some sad news that the young vivian passed away,sad news ehh..... sad.gif

Posted by: stuarty 20th May 2007, 02:24pm

hi audrey thanks for that info as my mammy felt safe in the flats as when in ardencraig road the hoose was always geeting broken into and we asked for a move fast as a went to the forces and a used to visit her when a was hame with my twins a wee flat and 4 of us sleepin there
it was murder a tell you
laugh.gif

Posted by: weesue 24th May 2007, 01:20pm

Hi Guys.
It's been a while since I've been on here, but have any you guys seen the videos that I've uploaded on "you tube"?
I might have made a post on the GG site already but can't remember, so here are the links again...
They are old videos that I've got and converted and put on you tube...

This was the History Group's first ever exhibition in conjunction with the launch of the Big Flit book by the pensioners action group or (People's History Group) as they were formerly called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMvMLChRww

This next link is The Archaeological Dig that we commisioned in 1991 at the Ruins of Castlemilk House.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcXbyJQ17G0&mode=related&search=

This is The Dig Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCKT3RklcCY&mode=related&search=

The final Video. The Dig Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5VfFlUe6A&mode=related&search=

Hope you enjoy the memories...

Posted by: bundybhoy 24th May 2007, 08:00pm

i would love to see the bogany bang,anyone got it

Posted by: weesue 24th May 2007, 10:24pm

I think I have a copy somewhere... Will try and upload it when I find it!

Posted by: bundybhoy 25th May 2007, 09:27am

QUOTE (weesue @ 24th May 2007, 11:24 PM) *
I think I have a copy somewhere... Will try and upload it when I find it!
thanx weesue would love to see it

Posted by: nutty 26th May 2007, 10:38am

YE A KNEW THEM AUDREY, SAD LOSS IS MARTIN

Posted by: Angela Chick 10th Oct 2007, 07:25pm

QUOTE (nutty @ 24th Sep 2007, 03:37 PM) *
Angela reading thru the posts i see joseph gauchan is dead is that true?

Yes nutty he died dont know exactly when but he lived in Thailand when he passed away.

Posted by: nutty 11th Oct 2007, 07:53am

That's really sad I was talking to his mum after Martin died but she never mentioned he was dead just joked about how him and martin were either best of buds or hated each other.

Posted by: molly 13th Oct 2007, 01:34pm

Does anybody out there remember the Smith (original, eh?) family that lived at No 6 Ardmaleish Rd in the early 60s? 4 kids, mum and dad (Bill). Would appreciate any info on where they all are now if anyone knows.

Posted by: stuarty 13th Oct 2007, 02:09pm

Hi Molly a went to st Dominics in the sixties with a john smith but a dont know where he stayed in the milk he had a cooslick at the front of his hair blonde as a recall .

Posted by: molly 14th Oct 2007, 03:05am

Hi Stuarty

Thanks, it might be one of the boys. Don't suppose you know where he'd be now?

Posted by: eddie shoestring 22nd Oct 2007, 05:50pm

QUOTE (jimmy fae bridgeton @ 14th Jan 2005, 08:38 PM) *
AYE hen i remember the street parties well,i remember the punk rockers on diving aboot this big mat,crashing there heids into each other and a wee guy daieng his elvis wie a tennis racket,have they built hooses on the auld street yet biggrin.gif

One of the punks broke his arm

Posted by: pork winchester 22nd Oct 2007, 06:09pm

orite capone aw these people must remember more characters than what they are letting on.
remember all the big bundy
Whitey,harpo,eddy mcauley,billy grifis,skinner,jerry carlin,tam mcgurk,
or the she bundy
fiddle,michelle broon,tracey hamilton.
any more that you can remember

Posted by: James/Jamie 1st Nov 2007, 01:47am

I was the last resident bar one to leave the Bogany Hilton. Between me, my brother Martin and the Legend that was Tam Scott. Both are ufortunately no longer with us but they are hopefully both resting in peace.

Posted by: bundybhoy 1st Nov 2007, 11:19pm

QUOTE (James/Jamie @ 1st Nov 2007, 01:47 AM) *
I was the last resident bar one to leave the Bogany Hilton. Between me, my brother Martin and the Legend that was Tam Scott. Both are ufortunately no longer with us but they are hopefully both resting in peace.
how are ye james,are ye still up the milk m8,good times we had up the hilton eh m8,drop me a pm m8 speak later,cheers

Posted by: stuarty 2nd Nov 2007, 01:29am

sad sad.gif Ijust heard that Joe boyle from birgidale died through liver disease he would have been the same age as me and went to st margaret mary,s and his best pal was john boyle who lived in stravanan
shock is the way i also am feeling I hope it was quick what a waste of a life .

Posted by: Capone 3rd Nov 2007, 04:23pm

QUOTE (eddie shoestring @ 22nd Oct 2007, 05:50 PM) *

Jeff Cuthbert was the punk that broke his arm, Steven Hughes was the Elvis impersonator and Len Wright was stealing the snowball money.

Posted by: stuarty 3rd Nov 2007, 04:45pm

wub.gif sorry molly a did here he drank in the florida cafe but my pal susan said it as am no in scotland anymore either .

Posted by: pork winchester 3rd Nov 2007, 05:04pm

QUOTE (Capone @ 3rd Nov 2007, 04:23 PM) *
Jeff Cuthbert was the punk that broke his arm, Steven Hughes was the Elvis impersonator and Len Wright was stealing the snowball money.

Patsy kelly was in that photo as well is that martin bottom left and i think bottom right was jamie stewart dont know who was dressed up in the pram could be jonny carlin

Posted by: Bogany Cosmos 7th Nov 2007, 01:09pm

QUOTE (weesue @ 18th Jan 2005, 11:21 PM) *
Well Guys here's a picture that all you ex Bogany terrace Tenants
will Like! My sister used to live in Bogany Flats... Are you ready for a laugh?

Back row: Margaret Harrison, Margaret McManus, Alice Anderson, Charlie Jones, Margaret McNair, Jim Greg, Maisy Porter and Freda Greg

Middle row: Ann Jones, Ian Anderson, Susan Hughes, Kevin Docherty, Johnny Carlin, Mark McGhee, Mark Melvin and Patsy Kelly

Front Row: Martin Toner, Stevie Porter and Jamie Stewart

Posted by: bundybhoy 7th Nov 2007, 03:52pm

any other photies from the street,great thread btw

Posted by: stuarty 7th Nov 2007, 04:20pm

go to the castlemilk district in this site and there are lots of pictures mr mc nair used to do my wee mammies turn for the stairs as she was to poorly that was on the 14th floor in 1982/87 house 141 stuart was her second name

Posted by: keelie gal 7th Nov 2007, 05:52pm

Great photo biggrin.gif

Posted by: stuarty 7th Nov 2007, 07:15pm

that photo was posted already on post 17 of this topic by wee sue a think rolleyes.gif

Posted by: bundybhoy 7th Nov 2007, 07:28pm

QUOTE (Bogany Cosmos @ 7th Nov 2007, 01:09 PM) *

Back row: Margaret Harrison, Margaret McManus, Alice Anderson, Charlie Jones, Margaret McNair, Jim Greg, Maisy Porter and Freda Greg

Middle row: Ann Jones, Ian Anderson, Susan Hughes, Kevin Docherty, Johnny Carlin, Mark McGhee, Mark Melvin and Patsy Kelly

Front Row: Martin Toner, Stevie Porter and Jamie Stewart
who is the wee fella jist at the side

Posted by: Bogany Cosmos 7th Nov 2007, 11:23pm

QUOTE (bundybhoy @ 7th Nov 2007, 07:28 PM) *

I think its Chris Stitt's little cousin

Posted by: Bogany Cosmos 7th Nov 2007, 11:24pm

QUOTE (stuarty @ 7th Nov 2007, 07:15 PM) *
that photo was posted already on post 17 of this topic by wee sue a think rolleyes.gif

I know stuarty, i just reposted it to refresh memories when i was naming them biggrin.gif

Posted by: Bogany Cosmos 7th Nov 2007, 11:28pm

QUOTE (bundybhoy @ 7th Nov 2007, 07:28 PM) *

Did you stay in the high flats bundybhoy ?

Posted by: stuarty 8th Nov 2007, 12:27am

nae bover cosmos wink.gif

Posted by: bundybhoy 8th Nov 2007, 02:36pm

QUOTE (Bogany Cosmos @ 7th Nov 2007, 11:28 PM) *
Did you stay in the high flats bundybhoy ?
aye m8 i was brought up there all my days,gies a pm m8 wink.gif

Posted by: rab con 25th Feb 2008, 09:21pm

reading the bogany posts sent a shiver through me r.i.p martin, I stayed in 4 ardencraig terr next close to ingie from 1963 to 1983 remember the flats being built, martin james & agnes, steph broon, my granny at 28 bogany lily smith . ardencraig terr ruled the wee pitch on a sunday, bobby brand & co

Posted by: Guest Corson * 26th Feb 2008, 11:21pm

QUOTE (Big Stuff @ 23rd Feb 2006, 01:04 PM) *

I always thought Sally Pickles was a ficticious character.I was at Mitchellhill from 62-66 and played in the back courts of Bogany, Ardencraig Rd and Castlemilk Drive.
I palled about with Wullie,Jim and Laurence Gallagher,Tommy Russell,Billy Joyce,Iain Munro,Podgie Wills,Jim Kavanagh,Alan Horn,Alistair McKillop Gerry Docherty,Duncan Barnwell and my cousins John and Derek Forbes.

I knew Archie Syme,Alex Gray and his wee brother,also Elizabeth and Helen Godfrey.

Does anyone have any info on Nancy Liddle from Bogany?

Thanks,,,,,,,,Ian(John)Corson.

Posted by: Guest Hawthorn * 28th Feb 2008, 05:29pm

QUOTE (pork winchester @ 22nd Oct 2007, 05:59 PM) *
orite capone aw these people must remember more characters than what they are letting on.
remember all the big bundy
Whitey,harpo,eddy mcauley,billy grifis,skinner,jerry carlin,tam mcgurk,
or the she bundy
fiddle,michelle broon,tracey hamilton.
any more that you can remember

Aye myself Eary! The Munros, Moonster (Gary Mooney), Sav (Peter Savege0, Mockey (Harry Mackan), Ommy, Ingie, Rab Connoley, Jap so many more. Great to see so many familier names. Whit a place! Great memories fae they days. Stealling the Fleet's bony wid wink.gif

Posted by: stuarty 28th Feb 2008, 11:07pm

sorry to be the barer of bad news laurance galleger died up the resovoir when swimming in it and one of his brothers is married to pat atkins

Posted by: Guest Hawthorn * 28th Feb 2008, 11:30pm

QUOTE (rab con @ 25th Feb 2008, 09:11 PM) *
reading the bogany posts sent a shiver through me r.i.p martin, I stayed in 4 ardencraig terr next close to ingie from 1963 to 1983 remember the flats being built, martin james & agnes, steph broon, my granny at 28 bogany lily smith . ardencraig terr ruled the wee pitch on a sunday, bobby brand & co

Rab! How is the rest of the family (Lilian, Chas...?)?.. Some great day's there. Choppin doon trees & putting them on pram wheels for the middle post of the bonny. Getting ommy to fight the wasp's nest's after we set fire to them:mellow: Building hut's, flooding the burn so we could swim after Eddie Blythe went diving for the ginger bottles. The GREEN mile (Walking throught the tunnel under Ardencraig road), where the burn was. The ' Bogany Bullet' John McCluskey's skateboard doon the hill between Grange and Mitchellhill. The scary Jannie/Jannies Hoose at Mitchelhill School. Wee Bert Munro falling off the zip slide trying to rescue McGoo.

Jamie Toner get in touch, mate!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Corson 28th Feb 2008, 11:57pm

QUOTE (stuarty @ 28th Feb 2008, 10:57 PM) *
sorry to be the barer of bad news laurance galleger died up the resovoir when swimming in it and one of his brothers is married to pat atkins

Thanks Stuarty,,,,,,,,I knew about Laurence.

Posted by: Dan Dan 6th Apr 2008, 05:29pm

Just came across this site and delighted to see that Bogany Terrace has finally been mentioned somehwere, as various street searches it would seem that there is "no valid address" However we all know better! We were amongst the first families to move into Bogany Terrace, which at that time did not have the multi storey at the end. There were no schools at the time and we had to get a bus back to the Gorbals until schools were available. With few shops so we relied on various vans to bring our groceries etc. Brown the butcher, Neilly the fruiterer and the Co-op grocer were only some I remember.

Playtime was so safe and secure, we were able to play out with no one worrying where we were and often would go off for the day with our picnics to Cathkin Braes, Kingspark or Overton Park, walking of course, taking short cuts through the scheme. (We would often take neighbours babies/small toddlers, thereby helping their Mum free up some time to do chores) There were no areas that we could not walk. I often dream that I am taking the short cut through the woods at the top of Bogany Terrace, across the burn to school! Coming home it would again consist of shortcuts through the wood and it was not unusual to crawl through the drain at the burn at Ardencraig, coming out at the Glenwood side.

Does anyone remember some of the families that I grew up with, at number five there were the Hynd, McNicols, McClelland families with the Ferguson's coming much later. At number three the Edgars, across the road were the Coyles a big family, and I remember they had a new baby girl, with at the time such a posh name as I thought, Linda Lee, not many with double barrelled names in the mid sixties.

As I say there were many good times prior to the high flat going up, and from what I read here, it looks like that was another great community also.

Look forward to hearing other nemories.

GG

Posted by: Guest Davie * 9th Apr 2008, 12:27pm

Hi There,

Was wondering if anyone remembers a linda McKay that lived at 26 Bogany Terrace in the late 70's early 80's and where she ever went etc?

Cheers

Posted by: wee tricia 20th Apr 2008, 09:47am

does anyone remember the Youngs from 19 bogany terrace they were one of the first families to move there, they moved to Penilee in the mid sixties.

Posted by: Dan Dan 20th Apr 2008, 03:25pm

Was 19 facing the entrance to the school? Give some indication of the christian names please and who else lived beside them.

Posted by: weedoc 20th Apr 2008, 03:38pm

catherine young is the oldest member of the family, followed by jim, samuel, stewart, steven and moira.

can't remember any other family names

Posted by: marina 20th Apr 2008, 06:09pm

hi wee doc, you wouldnt happne to be my uncle jeffs pal would you (layden)?

Posted by: kewlscot 19th May 2008, 04:18pm

Hi

I lived in Dunagoil, and one of my best mates lived in Bogany Terrace, his name was Raeburn and my cousin live iup the Bogany flats i was alway scared to go there (i was an ootsider cause i was fae up tha road lol), but i used to go there to meet my pal before gaun doon tae Tormusk or tae the swimmin lol great days rolleyes.gif

Posted by: stuarty 19th May 2008, 05:36pm

QUOTE (kewlscot @ 19th May 2008, 04:08 PM) *
Hi

I lived in Dunagoil, and one of my best mates lived in Bogany Terrace, his name was Raeburn and my cousin live iup the Bogany flats i was alway scared to go there (i was an ootsider cause i was fae up tha road lol), but i used to go there to meet my pal before gaun doon tae Tormusk or tae the swimmin lol great days rolleyes.gif

HI KEWLSCOT DID YOU KNOW MY NIECES AND THERE 2 BROTHERS ELSIABETH AND CATHERINE STUART AND MARK AND BARRY DEMPSEY they lived in no2 dunagoil terr and a knew the mcglaghlins and coulhouns around the corner also the dempseys was a huge family

Posted by: weedoc 21st May 2008, 07:32pm

Hi Marina,

is you're uncle jeff any relation to Helen Layden, who went to St Margaret Mary's

Posted by: Guest davie * 24th May 2008, 12:30am

Still trying to find out any info on where the mackays went after leaving 26 bogany terrace there was david and margaret and their daughter linda i belive they left around 1990ish any help would be much appreciated

Posted by: Guest Andy Albatross * 17th Aug 2008, 07:51pm

QUOTE (Guest Hawthorn * @ 28th Feb 2008, 05:29pm) *
Aye myself Eary! The Munros, Moonster (Gary Mooney), Sav (Peter Savege0, Mockey (Harry Mackan), Ommy, Ingie, Rab Connoley, Jap so many more. Great to see so many familier names. Whit a place! Great memories fae they days. Stealling the Fleet's bony wid wink.gif

They were all from Anderncraig Terrace ma man !!! Ommy the Mexican bandito and co.

P.S. If anyone from Bogany is looking for me, im up in EK now ...

Posted by: Guest Andy Albatross * 17th Aug 2008, 08:12pm

Does anyone remember Aldo Tamberini ?

Posted by: scoob77 11th Sep 2008, 09:21am

QUOTE (soko @ 19th Jun 2006, 03:48am) *
Reading these posts has been a joy as the memories come flowing back. I lived at 6 bogany terrace with my Ma n Da (Katie n Watty) before leaving for the "big smoke" down south in 1978. sad to say never bin back. My best pals were Rab & Oweny McAuley, Tam McMahon & Big Eck. Great neighbours included The Lee's The Shifranics (Eric had an ice cream van) , Albert McKay + family, The Andersons, the Wards The Coyles to name a few. My brother (Big Jim) lived in the flats for a while with his wife (Vicky) and brood (Peter,James & Veronica). Great memories - thanks yoo lot.

the andersons?? if that is alice and jack, and they're 3 kids, well that's my auntie and cousins!

Posted by: karen hutchison 3rd Dec 2008, 05:13pm

hello people a dunno if anyone would remember me fae bogany but would certinly member ma da baldly hutchie we stayed at 15 bogany terrace some crazy memories fae they days does anyone member the big street party we had n the papers n that where oot was fcken brillant

Posted by: wee dan 15th Dec 2008, 10:02pm

QUOTE (karen hutchison @ 3rd Dec 2008, 04:55pm) *
hello people a dunno if anyone would remember me fae bogany but would certinly member ma da baldly hutchie we stayed at 15 bogany terrace some crazy memories fae they days does anyone member the big street party we had n the papers n that where oot was fcken brillant
hows the auld yin doing karen,tell him i wis askin fir him pal,hows yir wee bhoy biggrin.gif

Posted by: Guest angie * 26th Dec 2008, 04:59pm

hi there, my mum was one of the first to live up there, thery had to pick straws to see what house they had lucky we were 4 , i remember all the street partys a remember being in them tongue.gif it was sad for the flats to come down a lot of good memorys . angela xxx

Posted by: Guest angie * 26th Dec 2008, 05:04pm

QUOTE (Guest Andy Albatross * @ 17th Aug 2008, 07:54pm) *

Posted by: Guest angie * 26th Dec 2008, 05:07pm

QUOTE (Guest Andy Albatross * @ 17th Aug 2008, 07:54pm) *

yes a remember him it was my mums pal boy aldo, john,robert, and more

Posted by: john anderson 27th Dec 2008, 10:06pm

QUOTE (scoob77 @ 11th Sep 2008, 09:03am) *
the andersons?? if that is alice and jack, and they're 3 kids, well that's my auntie and cousins!

hi john anderson here, so who r u ? i am alice and jacks son. ian is younger brother alice is my sister. r u a tamburini? or r u margaret?

Posted by: Guest david * 9th Jan 2009, 11:41pm

i lived in the terrace from 1980 untill 1985,number 17 top floor with my mum jean blyth.sadly moved to darnley after that but always came up to stay every holliday with my nana and granda janet and john blyth and there kids john edward and donna in number 22.driving by the old terrace brings a tear to the eye still after all these years.

Posted by: joycewilson 10th Jan 2009, 09:40am

Hi All I Lived At 9 Bogany Terr For A Short Time In The Early Eighties...Came From Tormusk Originally x

Posted by: weesue 10th Jan 2009, 12:24pm

Hi John
Susan from the old Castlemilk History Group here... How are you doing... have you seen the links to the Castlemilk videos that you filmed with Brendon Makay that I put on you tube...?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dcXbyJQ17G0 Part 1
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oCKT3RklcCY Part 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5VfFlUe6A Part 3

Did you see this picture that I posted earlier when my sister lived in the flats?
http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2574&st=15&p=45739&#entry45739
Catch up soon John... Hope you are doing well...

Posted by: scoob77 10th Jan 2009, 12:26pm

QUOTE (john anderson @ 27th Dec 2008, 09:48pm) *
hi john anderson here, so who r u ? i am alice and jacks son. ian is younger brother alice is my sister. r u a tamburini? or r u margaret?

yep, i am margaret, i didnt realise u were on here!! lol

Posted by: Guest david * 15th Jan 2009, 10:06pm

joyce i was only 5yrs old in 1985 so cant remember you.i remember ann jones she used to cut my hair.was friends with her boy barry.

Posted by: joycewilson 18th Jan 2009, 12:20pm

David, we didnt stay there for very long moved on to govanhill from there wink.gif

Posted by: scoob77 18th Jan 2009, 12:26pm

QUOTE (Guest david * @ 15th Jan 2009, 09:48pm) *
joyce i was only 5yrs old in 1985 so cant remember you.i remember ann jones she used to cut my hair.was friends with her boy barry.

are you the same age as barry, coz i went to school with a barry jones!

Posted by: Guest 18th Jan 2009, 09:45pm

scoob im about a year or 2 younger than barry.think he must b about 30 or 31 now.

Posted by: scoob77 23rd Jan 2009, 12:29pm

that is the same barry jones then, coz im 31!!! smile.gif

Posted by: olly12 24th Jan 2009, 12:06am

hello everyone from castlemilk was reading through all the posts a lot of nostalgia there i noticed that two of your guests mentioned tam mc gurk does anyone know if it was the same tam mc gurk who used to run about the calton if he is does anyone know how his life went a crowed of us used to hang about together with a tam mc gurk he was a very good looking guy if any body knew or knows of him could you let me know thanks. oly12

Posted by: John Clark 1st Apr 2009, 05:00pm

I used to live at 6 Ardencraig Terrace from 1985-1994 with my folks John and Linda (nee Campbell), Who now live up the top end of Castlemilk Drive,. Prior to that we lived at the corner of Ardencraig Road and Downcraig Road behind St. Margaret Mary's Primary which I went to from 1975-1981.

My Gran, Marion Campbell, who used to be one of the checkout ladies in Galbraiths/Templetons, and my Grandpa, Colin Campbell lived Top Right at 173 Castlemilk Drive.

Does anyone remember us?

Posted by: irnbru1970 25th Apr 2009, 12:08am

I have a pic of Bogany coming down, but I dont want to post incase it makes the memories too sad !? If someone else has already posted, apologies for repeating...

Posted by: joycewilson 28th Apr 2009, 04:25pm

Hi Irn Bru think it would be good to see it...where you from? x

Posted by: Hawthorn 7th May 2009, 10:08am

QUOTE (John Clark @ 1st Apr 2009, 06:12pm) *
I used to live at 6 Ardencraig Terrace from 1985-1994 with my folks John and Linda (nee Campbell), Who now live up the top end of Castlemilk Drive,. Prior to that we lived at the corner of Ardencraig Road and Downcraig Road behind St. Margaret Mary's Primary which I went to from 1975-1981.

My Gran, Marion Campbell, who used to be one of the checkout ladies in Galbraiths/Templetons, and my Grandpa, Colin Campbell lived Top Right at 173 Castlemilk Drive.

Does anyone remember us?

I lived in number 8 above Annie & Davie Mcdonald

Posted by: fisherman 20th May 2009, 10:15am

QUOTE (Guest davie * @ 24th May 2008, 12:42am) *
Still trying to find out any info on where the mackays went after leaving 26 bogany terrace there was david and margaret and their daughter linda i belive they left around 1990ish any help would be much appreciated
Hi Davie first time on this site I am sorry to say sadly Margaret passed away sometime ago Davie a couple of years back I am married to Brian if you want to get in touch will let Linda know about the site smile.gif

Posted by: fisherman 20th May 2009, 11:14pm

QUOTE (Big Stuff @ 23rd Feb 2006, 01:26pm) *

Hi yes we remember all the folk above - I stayed in Lennihall ( the 5 apartments & married Brian McKay) rolleyes.gif

Posted by: linda mckay 21st May 2009, 07:17pm

QUOTE (fisherman @ 20th May 2009, 10:27am) *
Hi Davie first time on this site I am sorry to say sadly Margaret passed away sometime ago Davie a couple of years back I am married to Brian if you want to get in touch will let Linda know about the site smile.gif

HI DAVIE ITS LINDA MCKAY I NOW STAY IN GRANGEMOUTH AND ONLY VISIT THE MILK NOW AND AGAIN DUE A VISIT SOON MAYBE CATCH UP WHEN IM DOWN biggrin.gif X X X

Posted by: *linda mckay* 21st May 2009, 08:36pm

hi davie its linda mckay i stay in grangemouth now and visit the milk now and again

Posted by: LINDA MCKAY 23rd May 2009, 10:57am

QUOTE (Guest Davie * @ 9th Apr 2008, 12:39pm) *
Hi There,

Was wondering if anyone remembers a linda McKay that lived at 26 Bogany Terrace in the late 70's early 80's and where she ever went etc?

Cheers

HI DAVIE ITS LINDA MCKAY. BOGANY WAS A LONG TIME AGO MATE I LIVE IN GRANGEMOUTH NOW GOT TWO KIDS DAVID AND KURTIS STILL VISIT THE MILK NOW AND AGAIN biggrin.gif WHAT ABOUT U biggrin.gif X X X

Posted by: Gallusbisom 23rd May 2009, 03:46pm

Hi all,

Do any of you remember the Barbour families or a wee dug called Terry? We are going back a while here starting about the late 50's?????

Posted by: LINDA MCKAY 23rd May 2009, 05:36pm

QUOTE (fisherman @ 20th May 2009, 10:27am) *
ITS LINDA I LIVE IN GRANGEMOUTH MISS BOGANY AND THE MILK X X X

Posted by: Carol-Anne Peevor 24th May 2009, 11:08pm

My name is Carol-Anne Wilson, it used to be Carol-Anne Peevor, I lived in 181 Castlemilk Drive until 1975 and I went to St Martin's Primary School, my mum and dad were John and Isa Peevor, my brother is John and my two sisters are Sandra and Maureen. My friends were Gwen Henry, Elaine Mooney and Lorraine Bennett. The Murphy's lived next door to us and I remember the Sarfraniks in Bogany Terrace who lived across from my Auntie Ethel and uncle James Montgomery, their kids were James, Marie and Brian who went to St Dominic's. I remember me and Elaine Mooney phoning the fire brigade when I was 5 years old at a phone box in Mitchell Hill Flats for five days for a laugh but then got caught and got sent to all the teachers for the belt which bloody hurt!!! I read most of your posts and thought they were funny and they brought back a lot of memories, does anyone remember the "rag and bone"? I used to love getting a balloon.

Posted by: joycewilson 3rd Jun 2009, 08:53pm

Hi Carol-Ann welcome to the boards....really good site this isnt it can spend hours roaming around on here.
Dont know you from Castlemilk I lived in Tormusk Road, went to Braeside then Glenwood, which are both long gone now. Take Care

Posted by: John Clark. 5th Jun 2009, 11:27am

QUOTE (Carol-Anne Peevor @ 24th May 2009, 11:20pm) *
My name is Carol-Anne Wilson, it used to be Carol-Anne Peevor, I lived in 181 Castlemilk Drive until 1975 and I went to St Martin's Primary School, my mum and dad were John and Isa Peevor, my brother is John and my two sisters are Sandra and Maureen. My friends were Gwen Henry, Elaine Mooney and Lorraine Bennett. The Murphy's lived next door to us and I remember the Sarfraniks in Bogany Terrace who lived across from my Auntie Ethel and uncle James Montgomery, their kids were James, Marie and Brian who went to St Dominic's. I remember me and Elaine Mooney phoning the fire brigade when I was 5 years old at a phone box in Mitchell Hill Flats for five days for a laugh but then got caught and got sent to all the teachers for the belt which bloody hurt!!! I read most of your posts and thought they were funny and they brought back a lot of memories, does anyone remember the "rag and bone"? I used to love getting a balloon.

I knew the Murphy's from 181. My aunt (Moira Yakova) used to live in 185 (ground floor next door to the Cunnighams), and my young cousin, Mari was friendly with Nadine Murphy.

Posted by: maniloonie 12th Jun 2009, 12:16am

QUOTE (Carol-Anne Peevor @ 24th May 2009, 11:08pm) *

Hi Carol_Anne, i lived at 183 Castlemilk Drive till about 73 and i remember you well, a wee cute lassie with blonde hair, I was scared silly of your sister Sandra dunno what it was about me but every time she saw me she battered hell out of me lol. Gwen Hendry stayed in the next close and i used to play with her, i also remember another girl up that close called Janice Little. I remember the rag and bone man well and also was it Alec's van that used to stop outside our close in the morning, we got our tattie puffs from him before we went to school. My family's name was Welsh.

Posted by: joycewilson 7th Jul 2009, 03:03pm

so good to see these memories amazing isnt it...such a small world really eh? x

Posted by: moonster 28th Jul 2009, 06:25pm

stay ed at ardencraig terr through the back from bogany

Posted by: moonster 28th Jul 2009, 06:32pm

QUOTE (rab con @ 25th Feb 2008, 10:21pm) *

we ran amock every sunday on the wee bogany pitch

Posted by: moonster 28th Jul 2009, 06:39pm

QUOTE (Guest Andy Albatross * @ 17th Aug 2008, 08:51pm) *
They were all from Anderncraig Terrace ma man !!! Ommy the Mexican bandito and co.

alright eary remember stealing the ginger they stole fro m coco cola rab con bobby b inggy plankit and we found it

Posted by: moonster 28th Jul 2009, 06:40pm

QUOTE (Guest Andy Albatross * @ 17th Aug 2008, 08:51pm) *

alright eary remember stealing the ginger they stole fro m coco cola rab con bobby b inggy plankit and we found it

Posted by: Hawthorn 14th Aug 2009, 06:11pm

QUOTE (moonster @ 28th Jul 2009, 07:40pm) *

Gary how are you doing? I remember them all going up to the schwepps factory in EK and we found their stash. Would love to know where a few of them are noo and what they are all doing. Do you remember Brian Beattie when he moved to Australia. What ever happened to The Allans, Eddie Allan etc? Stuart and Angie Bruce. Harry Mocan, Peter Savage. The Gaitens sisters...loads of brilliant memories.

Posted by: stuarty 14th Aug 2009, 07:20pm

a went to school with rosmary savage long brown hair and glasses she was at st margaret mary's 69/72

Posted by: joycewilson 26th Aug 2009, 07:54am

I have seen Rosemary Savage on a site recently dont know it its this one or Glascapals...

Posted by: *Castlegirl* 1st Oct 2009, 09:58pm

QUOTE (jane collins @ 29th Apr 2007, 05:50pm) *
Hi there

Another memory for all you Malkies out there. My dad was a lamplighter in Castlemilk in the 60's. His route started on Ardencraig Road at the bottom of Ardencraig St ,where we lived, and went up to Castlemilk Drive,along Bogany & Ardencraig Terrace then back to the top end of Ardencraig Road and finished opposite St Martins. He always used to have a load of kids follow him round Bogany. I remember he had to check the little green light in the wooden box in the close and if that was dim it meant there was a light out somewhere, usually on the top landing!!

Was your dad called Bobby Hosey?

Posted by: Luckyangelgirl 31st Oct 2009, 10:07am

QUOTE (jimmy fae bridgeton @ 14th Jan 2005, 08:19pm) *

I've got photos - I'll defo dig them out and put them on - I promise!!! rolleyes.gif

Posted by: Luckyangelgirl 31st Oct 2009, 10:23am

QUOTE (eddie shoestring @ 22nd Oct 2007, 05:31pm) *

That was my brother Jeff - he stayed a punk for years after that! Think he was about 9 or 10 when that happened.

Posted by: Luckyangelgirl 31st Oct 2009, 10:51am

QUOTE (scarlet @ 16th May 2005, 09:35pm) *
hi i have just joined this site and i remember bogany terrace well my mum and her friends ran a mothers and toddlers group in the room at the bottom of the flats for years and my grandpas retirement party was held in there. a number of my mums friends lived up the flats the most memorable one being Aggie Devlin...great we woman! we lived on the drive 185, just round the corner. great days...great people

Aggie Devlin (R.I.P.)

My Granny was Aggie Devlin - a well-known woman from Castlemilk. She moved to Ardencraig in the 1950's and moved to Bogany Terrace flats in the 70's. She lived on floor 5 (me, my mum and brother Jeff lived on number 3)...

Aggie did a lot of 'work' (all from the goodness of her own heart) helping people get the right information about housing, welfare rights, legal rights, mental health problems, etc...and was always there to help a poor soul...she was involved in community councils, tenant's groups and built up her own 'Disco' for young folk in the early 70's at the Community centre...she didn't make a profit - the 10pence entry went to buying new records for the next week...(She later went on to lend Martin Toner the equipment for use in the club downstairs...he had masses of respect for her for that...she said she was too old for it by then and was glad to see young Martin showing such entrepreneur skills). She worked as a dinner lady (firstly in Grange Secondary, then Ardencraig nursery and latterly in the wee nursery across from St. Margaret Mary's secondary)...

She encouraged people to campaign for their rights and really believed in people - especially Catlemilk folk.

She suffered from Alzheimer's for the last 9 years - sadly passing away on Thursday 29th October, 2009.

The funeral will be at The Linn Crematorium next Friday (November 6th, 2009) at 1pm. The family welcome all friends and people whose lives she has touched and who may wish to say a last farewell.

Farewell to thee, Aggie Devlin, xx, sad.gif

Posted by: scoob77 31st Oct 2009, 12:47pm

awww sorry to hear of aggie's passin, i don't remember her but the name rings a bell, i think some of family knew her

Posted by: johan 10th Nov 2009, 07:28pm

QUOTE (Matthew F @ 4th Sep 2006, 01:09pm) *
Eddie McGurin that lived there is now an engineer his partner is Carol Queen, also the area is now earmarked for private housing.

ah used to live at 6 ardecraig road, the mc gurns were and still are good friends
does any1 remember gary, brain mc gregor, sav, tubber, eddie allan, weeman aka frankie boyle

Posted by: johan.67 10th Nov 2009, 10:59pm

just came across this site
a used to live up the bundy wen a was younger
6 ardencraig rd, the wee square across fae glenwood
no most of the people mentioned on here
a ran about wae ga, brain mcgregor, the mc gurns, sav, wee harry,the allans tubber and eddie, the mc brides.
was wae a good bundy bhoy couple of weeks ago tinney

Posted by: david mccunnin 26th Nov 2009, 08:38pm

Posted by: david mccunnin 26th Nov 2009, 08:41pm

i remember the the hall at the bottom of the flats.my nana janet and my mum jean blyth used to take me there.can anyone remember a tyre that had wheels on it?.

Posted by: hooden hadden 27th Nov 2009, 09:39pm

QUOTE (moonster @ 28th Jul 2009, 06:13pm) *
we ran amock every sunday on the wee bogany pitch

Diesel john fae the M1

Posted by: danny k 1st Jan 2010, 11:12pm

Hi folks,
I have just come across the site. We lived at no 25 from 1964 until 1974.
Things were so different then - it almost seems like a different world.
Before the high flat was built each summer a big tent was erected and I think it was for Sunday school meetings. We used to climb to the top and slide down, hoping not to break our necks. If we sat really still then Miss George would give us a penny dainty and most of us hardly breathed in the hope of a sweet.
When the high flat was being built I remember we made up a dummy of a man and leaned him up against the fence beside the watchies hut - someone would hunker down behind the dummy and talk to the watchie. He must have had really bad eyesight because he would have long conversations with the dummy - we were all wetting ourselves.
Big stuff and I wrote some tunes - he got famous and I didn't - boohoo.

Best

Posted by: friend 1 9th Jan 2010, 03:35pm

QUOTE (johan.67 @ 10th Nov 2009, 10:40pm) *
just came across this site
a used to live up the bundy wen a was younger
6 ardencraig rd, the wee square across fae glenwood
no most of the people mentioned on here
a ran about wae ga, brain mcgregor, the mc gurns, sav, wee harry,the allans tubber and eddie, the mc brides.
was wae a good bundy bhoy couple of weeks ago tinney

Posted by: wee dan 11th Feb 2010, 01:11am

QUOTE (Luckyangelgirl @ 31st Oct 2009, 10:32am) *
My Granny was Aggie Devlin - a well-known woman from Castlemilk. She moved to Ardencraig in the 1950's and moved to Bogany Terrace flats in the 70's. She lived on floor 5 (me, my mum and brother Jeff lived on number 3)...

Aggie did a lot of 'work' (all from the goodness of her own heart) helping people get the right information about housing, welfare rights, legal rights, mental health problems, etc...and was always there to help a poor soul...she was involved in community councils, tenant's groups and built up her own 'Disco' for young folk in the early 70's at the Community centre...she didn't make a profit - the 10pence entry went to buying new records for the next week...(She later went on to lend Martin Toner the equipment for use in the club downstairs...he had masses of respect for her for that...she said she was too old for it by then and was glad to see young Martin showing such entrepreneur skills). She worked as a dinner lady (firstly in Grange Secondary, then Ardencraig nursery and latterly in the wee nursery across from St. Margaret Mary's secondary)...

She encouraged people to campaign for their rights and really believed in people - especially Catlemilk folk.

She suffered from Alzheimer's for the last 9 years - sadly passing away on Thursday 29th October, 2009.

The funeral will be at The Linn Crematorium next Friday (November 6th, 2009) at 1pm. The family welcome all friends and people whose lives she has touched and who may wish to say a last farewell.

Farewell to thee, Aggie Devlin, xx, sad.gif

i was brought up in the hilton,so many names been mentioned and many passed away,RIP the lot of them,i done my elvis and shaky stevens at the bogany st partys and what a place it was,so sadly missed..please any photies get them posted

lol...cmilkbundy...xxx

Posted by: *castlemilkbhoy85* 10th Mar 2010, 01:52pm

awrite im new on this site. ave stayed in castlemilk aw ma life and a was just wantin tae know if anybody oan this remembers any my family im sure my gran anne (or nancy) mcglauglin stayed in bogany when she was younger she married bernard cassidy and they had lots of kids one being my dad peter cassidy and they stayed in ardencraig does anyone know them? or my mum patricia milligan who was brought up in ballantay in the 70s her mum and dad (my grandparents) were william (wullie) milligan and mary harrity(milligan). both my mum and dad had lots of brothers and sisters does anyone remember any of them milligans and cassidys? thanks

Posted by: PRYCEOFFOFKILLIENO 9th Apr 2010, 11:30pm

On hols this week and came across this site by accident, what a find. I am John Pryce, lived at 16 Bogany Terrace, top flat from about 1974 until about 1983 ish. My mum is Grace and my dad is Tom. I run a small architectural consultancy out in the suburbs and was looking for photos of the old terrace. Visited recently, strange the original street is there still but all the tenements are completely gone, like finding a road on the moon. Approaching the big 40 now with kids and stuff. Would love to hear from anyone from that era or if anyone has photos, I have some myself of my family, William and Elizabeth (Gillian just a baby when we left) playing doon the backs on bikes, taken from fourth floor, would be happy to share. Happy Happy memories of the Terrace and the woods behind. I remember the Carson’s, McKinley’s, Stuart's, Stit's, Haldeen's, Bridgewater's, Martin's, Spence, Macadam’s, Shield’s, Cunningham's, to name but a few.

Posted by: *johanna* 2nd May 2010, 05:32pm

QUOTE (James/Jamie @ 1st Nov 2007, 01:47am) *

hi just found website my name is johanna i stayed at 24 bogany terrace with my mum and dad betty and john and my 2 brothers john and anthony and our dog teddy i am sure you will remember us sorry to here about martin .

Posted by: June Febers 6th May 2010, 03:17pm

QUOTE (guest#1 @ 17th Aug 2006, 09:47am) *
I lived in Ardencraig terr but visited bogany often. I remember loads of names the mcghees toners millers browns hamiltons could go on .... anyone else remeber them dry.gif

Posted by: wee dan 11th May 2010, 12:21am

QUOTE (*johanna* @ 2nd May 2010, 05:32pm) *
hi just found website my name is johanna i stayed at 24 bogany terrace with my mum and dad betty and john and my 2 brothers john and anthony and our dog teddy i am sure you will remember us sorry to here about martin .

Auld teddy used tae go nuts wie the mgheess, lol, i knew anthony well and yir auld bhoy drove the big pilkinton truck.

Posted by: johanna conway 15th May 2010, 08:19pm

QUOTE (wee Dan @ 11th May 2010, 12:07am) *
Auld teddy used tae go nuts wie the mgheess, lol, i knew anthony well and yir auld bhoy drove the big pilkinton truck.

that dog was lovely man's best friend lol that dog loved mark and Derek he just like to see how fast they could run and they done that rolleyes.gif how did you no Anthony?

Posted by: llorraine 19th May 2010, 11:03pm

QUOTE (olly12 @ 23rd Jan 2009, 11:52pm) *
hello everyone from castlemilk was reading through all the posts a lot of nostalgia there i noticed that two of your guests mentioned tam mc gurk does anyone know if it was the same tam mc gurk who used to run about the calton if he is does anyone know how his life went a crowed of us used to hang about together with a tam mc gurk he was a very good looking guy if any body knew or knows of him could you let me know thanks. oly12

tammcgurk still lives in castlemilk and is still with karen taggart.he was a hansome guy,karen was a friend of mine i stayed in bogany flats until 1985.

Posted by: whytyey 18th Jul 2010, 01:09pm

ye must know me then.

Posted by: johan.67 11th Aug 2010, 09:15pm

Is that the one and only
awe rite alec, how tricks
no seen ye fer awhile, since the pub shut doon

Posted by: weesue 24th Oct 2011, 02:53pm

Hi here's a link to my new Castlemilk History Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Castlemilk-History/116432021792052

Loads and loads of interesting History, old schools, old Streets, Archaeological dig... etc

Posted by: *John* 8th Oct 2012, 06:30am

Does Anyone know why bogany came down as i was born there in 1990

Posted by: GuestJB 25th Nov 2012, 10:15pm

The street and the flats became very rundown,bad with crime,ctc,by this time all of the original residents had moved away,the flats had lost its community spirit that it had become well known for,it was cheaper to demolish than to spend more money on the maintenance of the building and the bogany terrace street also,they only building there now is an old folks home on the site of the old mitchellhill primary school