Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Viva Las Vegas
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
betty2
It was with a heavy heart I was at my daughters tonight giving her a hand packing. Both she and her husband with a group of friends are Las Vegas bound on wednesday for the celtic convention . Why was I heavy hearted ?"cos am no gawn" Whilst there two members of their party are being married so a good time is ahead of them

sure its a grand old team rolleyes.gif
Java
Betty, could ye jist check if there's any room attaw in the cases....ah could squash up really really wee...... cool.gif
betty2
Wish ah could tae but am left tae keep an eye oan their 15 yr old daughter. jave the worlds no fair sure its no.

still here in glesca
Java
Wid we get away wi sayin wur the flower girls?...ah've some daisies doin nuthin here....
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif am jealous betty would luv to see vegas can just imagine java as flower girl god help the bride
hubert
Betty2 you could stay wae us, sorry but a canny afford the plane ticket.
Celtic come in the morra and my wife and I are going to the Riviera to see some of the auld players, a couple of years ago I spoke to Billy McNeil, real friendly man.
Celtic have signed Massimo Donati an Italian 26 year old, sounds like a goodyin I know the name but canny remember his game. Hail Hail!
Lennox
Hello Hubert,
A few months ago I wis tring to convince the boards to have a meet in Vegas, I told Java we All could stay with you .. laugh.gif only 95 of us!!!!! unsure.gif don't panic it fell through
betty2
Thanks for the offer Hubert but am to stay here an keep an eye on the house and g/daughter. But I,ll be there next year its in santa ponsa. Dont know which hotel they are staying at , but I do know its costing an arm and a leu. but money well spent. Hope you and youre wife have a lovely time tomorrow , I,m sure you will. Its a grand old team rolleyes.gif
hubert
Not sure what that Santa Ponsa is Betty but on the internet its to do with a hotel probably a fancy place?
I will get to the Celtic convention Tuesday, maybe we can see you here next year?
Lennox we could hold the do in the golf club hoose, dont know what they charge, I have never booked it before, my daughter got married in Vegas about 20 years ago and we had it at a verygood restuarant, then back to first house which was bigger than the one we have now.
Although I know you were jesting! LoL
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif hubert a dont think lennox was joking jist dont post your address fur safety
betty2
Hubert Santa Ponsa is in Majorca, thats where the convention is next year. New York New York is the hotel in vegas where my daughter is staying but she,ll be at the convention ball in the Riviera Thats where they will also be celebrating trhe marriage of their frinds, she mentioned something about a box being booked for them. Oh the merr ah talk aboot this the merr ah want tae go. As a consolation ah,ve just booked masel a week in portugal at the end of august
Enjoy you,re day

sure its a grand ol team

iGie Neil Lennon a hug fae me ah luv that guy
glasgow lass
betty ahcin see yir very good tae yirsel and thats jist great hen,,,,,,,,life can be sweet and you've got to go for it while yi can, aw the best,,,,,but wait is this wee trip before the weddin or efter it. tongue.gif
betty2
The vegas trip is no tae next year but got tae book it early tae be sure o good accomodation, Ttip tae Portugal is at the end o august so the weddin will be between noo and then. Aye glasgowlass its ma fondness o the good life that keeps me trottin roon the globe . Cos ah luv tae party. But am still no happy wae no gettin tae vegas sad.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
OOPS ERROR THAT SHOULD READ THE SANTA PONSA TRIP ISNAE TAE NEXT YEAR

i STAND CORRECTED laugh.gif
wee mags
Betty I hope your family are home by now ,as I just heard on the news that some guy was shooting at people in the Hotel New York,New York I hope all is well
hubert
QUOTE (wee mags @ 6th Jul 2007, 07:55 PM) *
Betty I hope your family are home by now ,as I just heard on the news that some guy was shooting at people in the Hotel New York,New York I hope all is well

Mags that guy was tackled a soon as he started shooting there are a lot of brave people over here too, theres a stupid comparison going around about that Glasgow guy Smeaton is it, and what happens in America, bloody nonsense, the guy in Vegas injured 5 people, but he was nailed by people, immediately.
valleyboy38
great to hear people are tackling the bad guys just hope nobody becomes a dead hero [GOOD GUYS RULE OK]
wee mags
thaanks for the onfo Hubert
betty2
Mags am booked intae that hotel for next june , so heres hopin that wis a one off. Tho my family and their friends had a great time there and cant wait to go back for the next convention in 2009

still here in glesca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.