Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sfa Racism
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
dunkey
It shows the looney tunes are in every aspect of our life's. SFA President, John McBeth, speaks out about the corruption in African football and FIFA and instead of tackling the problem they brand him as racist. Yes typical, the easy way to stop any investigation, shout racism and the games a bogey.

sfa racism
hubert
QUOTE (dunkey @ 29th May 2007, 11:07 AM) *
It shows the looney tunes are in every aspect of our life's. SFA President, John McBeth, speaks out about the corruption in African football and FIFA and instead of tackling the problem they brand him as racist. Yes typical, the easy way to stop any investigation, shout racism and the games a bogey.

sfa racism

Thanks for the article dunkey! No further comment!
Oor Wullie
Mr. McBeth, unfortunately, is not always very clever in the things that he says.

He is, for example , quoted as having said that he got his FIFA role in preference to English candidate Geoff Thompson because

“…the rest of the world hates their [England's] guts".

The SFA have been quick to issue the following statement :-

"John McBeth's remarks were in no way representative of the views of the Scottish FA as an organisation."

They also stated on behalf of the home nations:-

"The four British associations wish to confirm that the statements attributed to Mr John McBeth most certainly do not represent the views of the British associations. We support the decision of FIFA to refer the matter to the FIFA ethics commission."

It looks like Scotland's 2014 Commonwealth Games bid might just have gone out the window.
hubert
QUOTE (Oor Wullie @ 30th May 2007, 02:45 AM) *
Mr. McBeth, unfortunately, is not always very clever in the things that he says.

He is, for example , quoted as having said that he got his FIFA role in preference to English candidate Geoff Thompson because

“…the rest of the world hates their [England's] guts".

The SFA have been quick to issue the following statement :-

"John McBeth's remarks were in no way representative of the views of the Scottish FA as an organisation."

They also stated on behalf of the home nations:-

"The four British associations wish to confirm that the statements attributed to Mr John McBeth most certainly do not represent the views of the British associations. We support the decision of FIFA to refer the matter to the FIFA ethics commission."

It looks like Scotland's 2014 Commonwealth Games bid might just have gone out the window.

I chose to not comment, sure glad you did, thanks, Oor Wullie! wink.gif
dunkey
QUOTE (Oor Wullie @ 30th May 2007, 03:45 AM) *

Save Glasgow a fortune then, well done Mc Beth now could you say the same about the African Olympic committees being corrupt and lose us the Olympics too. Save us all being fleeced.
jimmyd
Bear in mind the article is from the Daily Whitdaeyecallit , and if any rag can distort facts , that one can. laugh.gif laugh.gif
dunkey
Jimmyd Quite a few speaking in support of McBeth. It was definitely a politically correct cry of Racism to stop any tackling of the corruption. Everyone should be speaking out against it rather than being afraid of the old Racism war cry by the witch hunters. These people are screwing the game for financial gain. Until people speak out then it will stay endemic in such cultures and countries.

Pat McManus, Johnstone, said: "McBeth just said what the rest of us think. What's so wrong with that?"

Bill McGhee, London, said: "I've worked extensively across Africa and the Caribbean and what McBeth said was true.
"Anyone can be bought in these places. Bribes are common with the police and politicians."

Alan Reid, Glasgow, said: "I would like to talk about this so-called gaffe made by McBeth.
"Even Panorama produced a documentary on the corruption in these countries. He said nothing which isn't true."

Norwich, said: "I think John McBeth showed a lot of courage by stating his belief that African football nations are corrupt.
He is spot on and I just wish he added Italian and Eastern European nations to the list."

Harry Connor, Glasgow, said: "I would like to jump to the defence of McBeth who I feel has been hung out to dry. All he did was state a fact and to call him racist for calling some countries corrupt is out of order.

"Everyone knows there are nations that are riddled with corruption and he's been hounded out of office for telling the truth."

James Gray, Nitshill, Glasgow, said: "McBeth is being made a fall guy for saying what everyone else thinks.
"FIFA officials such as Jack Warner have been caught selling tickets for three times their face value and it's laughable that they are allowed to stay in power."
jimmie
laugh.gif laugh.gif
hubert
Right, wrong, or indifferent, it looks like McBeths heid is oot the windae? rolleyes.gif
dunkey
Aye Hubert but it brings light to bear on the subject and a few torches are needed to rid the game of such people.

Mc Beth told the truth and at least he can say he told the truth while the silent majority sat back and watched his demise knowing the corruption stinks to the high heavens
jimmie
laugh.gif laugh.gif
hubert
QUOTE (dunkey @ 2nd Jun 2007, 11:21 PM) *
Aye Hubert but it brings light to bear on the subject and a few torches are needed to rid the game of such people.

Mc Beth told the truth and at least he can say he told the truth while the silent majority sat back and watched his demise knowing the corruption stinks to the high heavens

He without sin cast the first stone, there is corruption everywhere not only in fitba but sports period, Italy, Germany, the USA, hell everywhere, and it WILL continue, to say this guy McBeth speaking out will help especially the manner in which he did it, again right, wrong, or indifferent is in my opinion a mistake?
Why didnt the man get into the job and get things changed, and all this screaming against so called political correctness is not a joke, its downright blindness to reality yes even today, you see the auld bloody racists, segragationists, sectarianists still are alive, I see it and hear it almost everyday if I step out the bloody door. Scream bloody murder and let me hear those that say the minorities are the ones that are getting the best treatment, bloody bullshit!
All this screaming about Muslims this and Muslims that, sure there are Muslims that are bastards, so also are there Christian bastards, and all else to boot.
The second world war the allies fought the axis is that what they were called, anyway, both sides were Christian mainly.
Apparently McBeth even referred to the Old Firm, saying something about them fighting racism, he said they are doing it to make money, do you know he may be right, and he may be right about Africa and Jamaica, T&T Bermuda, or wherever else, you see he was talking about human beings, Mans Self Love, GREED, thats the bottom line.
I am not religious but I sure wish I could even come close to a miniscule attempt to what St Francis of Assisi said in his prayer, yet I fail miserably daily!
Sorry Martin I dont know how to explain things verywell and I know I went off topic?
Rant over, McBeth f**ked up and will suffer the consequences!
dunkey
He was getting in to the job Hubert and would have got things changed, that's why the collective hand to keep him out.

The rest of your argument has nothing at all to do with football or the corruption within and your oration I would put in the context of preventing discussion on such a topic.

Where are these racists and segregationists still alive and well because British Football does not have the problem.

You would be very naive to believe the Old Firm were tackling sectarianism and racism for anything other than money but it sure as hell does not detract from the corruption in African football nor should it prevent anyone voicing concern on the matter.

As for your muslim, christian, minority claims they are a totally different topic and our views on that would be diametrically opposed on that topic because, like you, I see discrimination, segregation and apartheid but certainly not from the community that you speak of.

So we should speak out about corruption. We can post that Rangers and Celtic tackled their problem for financial gain but we are not allowed to voice concern about corruption in African football.???? Your argument doesn't stack up.
hubert
QUOTE (dunkey @ 3rd Jun 2007, 08:59 AM) *
He was getting in to the job Hubert and would have got things changed, that's why the collective hand to keep him out.

The rest of your argument has nothing at all to do with football or the corruption within and your oration I would put in the context of preventing discussion on such a topic.

Where are these racists and segregationists still alive and well because British Football does not have the problem.

You would be very naive to believe the Old Firm were tackling sectarianism and racism for anything other than money but it sure as hell does not detract from the corruption in African football nor should it prevent anyone voicing concern on the matter.

As for your muslim, christian, minority claims they are a totally different topic and our views on that would be diametrically opposed on that topic because, like you, I see discrimination, segregation and apartheid but certainly not from the community that you speak of.

So we should speak out about corruption. We can post that Rangers and Celtic tackled their problem for financial gain but we are not allowed to voice concern about corruption in African football.???? Your argument doesn't stack up.

Well so be it dunkey, you say my argument doesnt stack up, however its how I feel!
get1
been lurking for a while, thought i'd post my views. interesting that gordon smith is now the top boy at the sfa. many are unhappy with the appointment as he has quite rightly said in the past that he is a rangers man. his views on the offensive songs sung by the 'old firm' and other clubs is quite posistive as he quite rightly said that songs that all clubs sing are offensive to someone at times. he certainly does not seem to be tolerating the songs of hate about fenians/masons/the pope/the queen/terrorist groups/orangemen. i think to keep uefa happy he will advocate, at some point, next season, rangers and celtic being deducted points when they step out of line, most likely at away grounds. anyway.
dunkey
Your entitled to say how you feel and I expressed how I feel on it. My opinion is nothing changes if we all stay silent.

Get1 I'm sure Smith will do a job and after the George Cadete case I'm sure he'll try to be neutral, he wouldn't want caught out in something like that.

What's your view on Mc Beth and the racism accusations, strange how once they binned him they admitted he wasn't racist. So why did he lose the job then, simple he spoke out against crooks.
get1
everyone knows that many of the african and caribean fa's are corrupt, he was stating facts. if he had said it about italy no-one would have been bothered. it's just typical hand-wringing by the PC mob.

never has been and never will be racist to criticise black (or whoever) people. the hand wringers want to make it so.
Oor Wullie
I don't know for a fact what McBeth said but the BBC quotes him as follows :-

"By and large, the four British countries know what fair play is and when we are stepping out of line.

But, as soon as you hit Africa, it's a slightly different kettle of fish. They're poor nations and want to grab what they can.

I presume the Caribbean is much the same - they just come at it in a different way."

From this we can conclude that Mr McBeth thinks [but doesn't offer any evidence] that all African countries are corrupt and presumes [ also no mention of evidence] that Carribean countries are the same.

Only he knows for certain if his comments were racially motivated or not, but I can understand why people might think they were.
dunkey
This in the Scotsman is one part. This corruption claim is no new thing it's been going on for years and Panorama did an expose that goes to Africa and the Carribean.

corruption

panorama investigation
Oor Wullie
The "corruption" article was very interesting and if it tells us nothing else it tells us that allegations of corruption in FIFA are not limited to those associations which operate in Africa and the Caribbean.

It was, at the very least, naive for Mr. McBeth to single these regions out.

It seems to me that he would have better off getting the job of vice president and then trying to do something about this alleged corruption. As it is, he can do nothing now.
dunkey
I think what he said was exactly how he felt, that FIFA was corrupt from top to bottom, that we know exactly where it is and how it operates in the European countries and that African countries do like wise but use different methods.

The thing is, it's now accepted that he wasn't racist, so how come he's not getting the job. That to me seems to show how endemic the corruption is in football from top to toe.

He said what he honestly believed and I respect him for saying what a whole load of officials would like to say but are too busy with their greedy noses in the trough of finance.
Oor Wullie
QUOTE (dunkey @ 5th Jun 2007, 05:54 PM) *
I think what he said was exactly how he felt, that FIFA was corrupt from top to bottom, that we know exactly where it is and how it operates in the European countries and that African countries do like wise but use different methods.

I don't know what he said but that's certainly not what he is reported as having said.

In any event, saying exactly what you feel might be all right for Oor Wullie ,dunkey, et al on GGBB but it's the kiss of death for anybody who hopes to make a career in administration.

If he didn't know that, he was trying for the wrong job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.