Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manu
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Sport & Leisure
Cameron
I watched the game yesterday what a game Manu were certainly in a groove all on there own Ronaldo was fantastic in fact all the team were in great form .I hope Liverpool win today with there 3 away goals they should win unless PSV do a Manu lets hope not
hubert
An outstanding game against a good Roma team that were destroyed. the clinical finishing was superb, needless to say I prefer to watch Celtic games, but the EPL for me is the best league in the world.
Man Utd players all played first class, even O`Shea put at right back played good, and the one Scot on the park Darren Fletcher was good.
Man Utd are my English team, sure hope they become EPL champions this season. smile.gif
big al
As a Man Utd fan I thought it was a wonderful game - however it would have been even better if Roma had played as well as they did last week - then the result would have been a far sweeter one for me.

Ferguson got the tactics spot on with Alan SMith playing a key part in the process with Ronaldo and Giggs outstanding - wonderful to watch.

Can only hope that they get to the final now - I guess it looks easier now than it did before yesterday but either of the teams they can play will be tough to beat
jimmyd
It was great game ,I was up at 4 30 am watching it. Was certainly worth the loss of sleep
penny dainty
Deary dear , couldnt figure out what Manu meant , then I read on, Man Untd, I am behind the times
hubert
Marching on Utd, yes they are into the Final of the FA CUP, after taking care of Norwich City, 4-1.
Manchester Utd are playing some clever fitba and are in the running for a treble, ie, the EPL championship, the CL Cup, and the FA Cup. smile.gif
kmacc
Norwich City???
hubert
Sorry Watford, it was the yellow shirt I guess? wink.gif
hubert
QUOTE (hubert @ 14th Apr 2007, 09:50 PM) *
Marching on Utd, yes they are into the Final of the FA CUP, after taking care of Watford, 4-1.
Manchester Utd are playing some clever fitba and are in the running for a treble, ie, the EPL championship, the CL Cup, and the FA Cup. smile.gif
norrie123
Man U v Roma was the best game I have seen in years, lets have more.

Bye for now, Norrie
jimmyd
No bad eh Hubert ! , both our teams in the cup finals ! dry.gif dry.gif
hubert
QUOTE (jimmyd @ 15th Apr 2007, 01:12 PM) *
No bad eh Hubert ! , both our teams in the cup finals ! dry.gif dry.gif

Yes jimmyd Man Utd get Chelsea, and Celtic have to wait for the replay Hibs/Dunfermline?
kmacc
Hi Hubert,are you going to the Celtic convention

in vegas in june??
jimmyd
Hubert has stirred that many up on other forums ,they probably will no let him in the door Kmacc. laugh.gif laugh.gif Only joking Hubert mate !!
hubert
QUOTE (kmacc @ 16th Apr 2007, 07:38 PM) *
Hi Hubert,are you going to the Celtic convention

in vegas in june??

Yes I am going down to the Riviera!
Jimmyd you can laugh I was banned this morning at talkceltic forum, the guy that banned me lost the arguement of course! LMAO
I also got banned from another one about a year ago celticminded it was, but went back on under another name! HaHaHaHa
I tell it like it is, and some Tic fans dont like it.
Jimmy I could go on ad infinitum about fitba, often fitba fans all over not just Celtic fans exaggerate about their players, and their team!
Oh well!
Of course I am not always right, what was it, yes back 1956 I was wrong I think? LoL
jimmyd
Hey ! that was the same day I was wrong Hubert LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif
jimmyd
Man U 3 AC Milan 2. this was another cracker , it had all a Euro tie should have ,drama good football , luck , dry.gif dry.gif good goals .I was glued to the box. Hope Liverpool can do it as well .
big al
Dead right there Jimmy - pity about the second Milan goal though - that might just be the one that puts them out when it's all over....but there is still another 90 minutes to play and Milan won't fancy the speed of United back at their ain midden....I still take MU to go through.

Celtic obviously gave Milan a much harder time across the two legs than MU did last night - Kaka was different class last night but the Tic seemed to control or subdue him better than MU - Nesta and Seedorf were brilliant but Scholes and Carrick and Fletcher were brilliant in the second half as well as Rooney and Ronaldo - great advert for the game - if only all of the Champions league games could be as good as this one was...

Hope Liverpool take Chelsea to the cleaners tonight - could be a classic - might be a big let down - but would like to see the Pool go through
hubert
I saw the 3-2 game, first class third goal from Rooney, you just never know when that guy is going to do the deed!
Man Utd will find it tough as expected I guess in Milan, but I think Ronaldo will be the player this time to do the deed!
Liverpool looked a bit nervous to me against a Chelsea team the started off meaning business, and liverpool to me being nervous played some poor passes to each other, Liverpool can do it at home, although they will need to hit hard and fast.
jimmyd
Just watched the replay of Liverpool v Chelsea .What a game , great attacking fitba played at a hunner miles an hour.Glad to see Liverpool get through , now if Man U make it tonight I think we will have final to remember dry.gif
iancameron
Got to agree with you Jimmy, but if Man Utd do the business tonight I wish they would be playing Chelsea in the final, I think Utd would take them on no problem. Great game last night and great goalkeeping.
wink.gif
hubert
Liverpool will be a very tough opponent for Man Utd if they go through, they were the better team against Chelsea.
Sure hope Man Utd do it, and think Ronaldo will see to it they do!
big al
Liverpool never really looked like scoring in the normal run of time against Cech - one of their big problems and one which should not trouble United if they get through to the final - but there is along way to go yet
Oor Wullie
Arrivederci Man U
jimmyd
Yes Wullie , was good game AC were really up for it .Will just have to get behind Liverpool now .. dry.gif
iancameron
Good game, just unfortunate that ManU were beaten by a better team on the night. But sorry I wont be shouting for Liverpool, I,ll sit on the fence and watch as a neutral. May the best team win.
wink.gif
hubert
United didnt show up for that game, Ronaldo along with others was poor, thought that was the worst game I have seen Heinze play, bloody terrible, oh well, could be Liverpool for the CL, Chelsea for the FA Cup, and Man Utd for the EPL championship, we shall see?
mitchell
Yes indeed the better team won on the night. I watched the replays of Milan's goals from different angles also in slow motion and I was under the impression that the first two goals where slightly offside!
Cameron
I watched the game yesterday i know a lot of people do'nt like Renaldo i do'nt think he deserved the boot he got from Ball of Man City it definitely was intentional , the ref di'nt see it happen but it was on camera they say he mite get booked for it still . I thought the city team were all out there trying to put the boot in
iancameron
League Champions
jimmyd
Yes well done Man U , glad they beat Chelsea to it. laugh.gif laugh.gif
hubert
Congratulations to Man Utd and Alec Ferguson, Chelsea only getting a 1-1 draw against Arsenal gave Man Utd the title! smile.gif
hubert
I watched the Manchester United 3 Bayern Munich 2 game which put Man Utd out of the CL, I blame the young lad Rafael that got a second yellow card getting sent off for the loss, I believe it was around the 49th minute, which was a long time for United to play with ten men.
Ferguson after the game said Bayern players got Rafael sent off, and it was only a little tug at the player.
Too bad Fergie tugging is NOT allowed at anytime, even Rafaels first card, was for retaliation more or less, nothing big, but still illegal per the laws of the game.
I remember playing fitba way back and even to put your hand on a player was a no no, now there is pulling of shirts, of arms, all kinds of to me illegal contact, the game is becoming a combination of fitba and rugby noo. LoL
I wanted United to win, but I am glad that kid got sent off he deserved to be.
hubert
I notice today in the BBC website that Ferguson is still complaining, yet I think he should be partly responsible for not having his players play with discipline.
BBC quote:-
"Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson heavily criticises the behaviour of Bayern Munich's players as his side go out of the Champions League on away goals".
hubert
Sky sports today:-
Uefa has confirmed that Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will not face any disciplinary action after his 'typical Germans' comment aimed at Bayern Munich.
bilbo.s
I reckon he should at least have his chuddy taken away. laugh.gif
hubert
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 8th Apr 2010, 04:51pm) *
I reckon he should at least have his chuddy taken away. laugh.gif

He`d probably start sucking lollipops. LoL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.