Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Puddin' Suppers
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Food and Drink
sboyd
from the chippy is my absolute fave food ever ever ever in the wurld!!!

Every time I go up to Glasgow I have to get to the chippy and get one with a bottle of irn bru.

They used to sell a pack of it in Farmfoods years ago and that was ok if you lived in Liverpool and that was the nearest you could get to that boss taste but they don't do it now.

Buggers!
stuarty
you mean blackpuddin suppers like this laugh.gif
big al
still my favourite BUT recently in some of the Turkish style chip shops they tend to use a very thin soft batter which is not as good as the old crunchy batter I love to get - tempting photo there stuartie - i feel hungry already..
big al
still my favourite BUT recently in some of the Turkish style chip shops they tend to use a very thin soft batter which is not as good as the old crunchy batter I love to get - tempting photo there stuartie - i feel hungry already..
witshisname
I loved goin tae the Blue lagoon chippy in St Enoch's square when i was back home, and gettin a Blackpuddin supper and a bottle of Irn-Bru,and fer only 2 pound 85p what a deal.
Nice and crispy batter,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Rab-oldname
Man!. You've all got me salivatin here. That lovely spicy tang, the soft melting texture after the light crunchy batter oooooohhhh!. Whens the next train fae Euston?. biggrin.gif
wee mags
awe right Rab am gonnae make you realy salvate I had some nice Irish Sausage and bacon wae a bit of black puddin for ma breakfast the day tongue.gif
glesgagirl
Every year when my sisters and me come home to Glasgow a Black Pudding Supper is ALWAYS our first meal. I cannot wait for October 8th.
jimbo
hello sboyd
i see your favour place is pollok where can you get a good b p supper jim mcgeachy ex househillwood
TeeHeeHee
I've been doing a "Full Monty" breakfast for my mates on Saturdays and Sundays for the past couple of years now; two fried eggs on toast, four sausages (small), four rashers Irish Bacon, fried tomato, Heinz baked beans and sliced beetroot.
When they introduce me to their friends I get "Oh, you're Tomi the breakfast man !"
A couple of months ago I saw some real (looking) black pudding and added a few slices to each thinking that would get some applause !!
Germans have got NO TASTE !
All I got was "Aarrgh" and "Yuuuch" and "That's pigs blood !"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.