Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christmas Foods & Drinks
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Glasgow Memories > Glasgow Memories > Food and Drink
lindamac
biggrin.gif We eat portugease chicken at an airconned restraunt xmas eve Night when a bit cooler, however I once loved eating xmas cake as long as it had alchohol,same with my trifle,xmas pudding & Brandy custard too. Now my favourite things are changed to the fruit jellies or after 8s,as a sweet at night.

Australia during the day,well it gets too hot for eating so we eat at airconditioned chinese restraunt at 1pm (to be Traditionaly untraditionaly different) at home we then have some Ham& salad sandwiches later at night ,icecream or icey lollies tae keep cool haha

Funny how styles & choices change with your enviorment. What is different for you ?& yours? as I know familys change with their enviorment etc wether culturaly,new crazes,your country changes or age differences incurr change to what we liked then & what we like now. whats yours? biggrin.gif
sumac
That's something I really WOULDN'T like about Christmas in a hot place - sometimes snow, traditional dinner - hot and spread out over a few hours.
I love a crisp Christmas morning, going for a walk all wrapped up and seeing the kids out with their new pressies, the dog all excited and not knowing why, just that she knows it's not the same as every other day.
mad mo
HAD ONE XMAS DAY IN AUSTRALIA DIDNT LIKE IT IT DIDNT FEEL LIKE XMAS AT ALL
penny dainty
Hi Mo , didnt feel like Christmas for a long time for us here in Australia , now I look forward to it , I love the heat and Christmas day isnt the same without it any more.
Anne1
Like you penny I loved our hot Xmas,s in Malaya loved the dinner all the trimmings and the Xmas mornings were just the same with the pressies for the kids decorations the lot could do with some of them now laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.