Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyber Pub
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170
RonD
Any one interested a pub meeting, here at GG.
We'll need a name all suggestions count. I would like a real classy traditional Scottish name like "Mulligan's Tyre" or the "Stoat 'n Jimmy"

We'll need a manager some flashy bar maids and bunch of regulars. Ah' no runnin' it, ma joab will be to go to the lieu when it ma shout!
jaybee
I'm in.... must think of a name. It could be the "See You Jimmy Bar".... no, not good enough. Oh by the way rdem.... my job is holder of the loo key, so you don't get it till your shout is over. lol. Jeanie
stuarty
what about THE GG COME ON INN as a pub name thats my wee contribution what do u THINK wink.gif
Java
Ron since ah've been practicin ma tap dancin on another thread kin ah be a barmaid? Ah'll work fur tips....(an ye kin throw in a wee advocaat snowball if ah'm doin a good job....) biggrin.gif
Rab-oldname
Hows about - 'CAMPBELTOWN BAY' (I wish you were whisky, I would drink you dry).
tammy
How about Martin's bar and grill? laugh.gif By the way I can mix a good drink. I'll volunteer for bartender. One for you one for me.
Elma
Think we need a bit of class here folks, how about 'Martin's in the Square' with the 'Squinty Pub' unless that name is already taken, check with Ross for that!!

I'm too old to run around with drinks although I could do with the tips, haha. I'll just be a regular, can I have a wee table in a corner where I can see all the action, canna, canna. I'll need someone to sit wi' me, any offers? ....... laugh.gif
Lennox
QUOTE (ems @ 19th Sep 2006, 04:24 PM)
  I'll just be a regular, can I have a wee table in a corner where I can see all the action,  canna, canna.  I'll need someone to sit wi' me, any offers? ....... laugh.gif

Can I sit with you Ems? I don't drink much, cheap date, but I could drive home the ones that need a driver ....
RonD
Jings, the place is filling up and we're no even opened yet!
First we'll have to have a job fair. Jaybee has volunteered for the adminstration of the "comfort zone" making sure that they do spend a penny! I'm thinking that Jaybee can do better than that , so Jeanie I putting you in charge of security. ( I did say I wasn't running this thing didn't I?)
The lovely tap dancing Javamol is first barmaid, how she can dance around the tables with a tray of drinks is magic! She will catered to by our new Barmaid Tammy, juggling the martini shakers behind the bar, what a show.

All good namesfor the pub , let's have a few more and we'll vote on it.

Er!!! Java, Tammy !, the ladies in the corner are waiting for their drinks,
I believe it Ems and Lennox!
Catherine
Whit aboot the 'Cyber Barfly'

Years ago ma pal and I werr aye gaunni open up a pub an call it the Barfly an the Bookworm.......an for every drink ye bought ye'd tae give a recommendation of a book, plus..ther'd be a wee Library an book exchange corner.

Ahm really good at sittin oan ma jacksy wae a splash Ron......but ah kin puul a guid pint so Java if ye need me ahint the bar pet ahm yer wummin an jist gies a shout, a very loud wan...an mind make sure it's fur ten minutes afore ye need me so's ah kin soart masel furst. laugh.gif
jakka13
What about "The Comfort Zone" we all come together for a wee bit of comfort sometimes .For the opening night I'll make my famous Punch .Known on both sides of the ocean as Jean's "Knock Out Punch".That should get the ball rolling .Java ,pet you haven't danced yet till you've had a glass or two of my punch .For all you non-drinkers out there I make a nice gentle version this one known as Jean's "Soft Punch " laugh.gif
Java
Ron yer a star, ye'll no regret this, mah big chance....ah can only fit wan tap shoe oan at the minit so wid it be awright if a jist put segs in ma stookie? (slight accident wi the practisin, but nuthin tae worry aboot, ah'll be fine on the night..)..Catherine ah'm no much use at pullin pints so you can do the beers, ah'll do the wines an spirits and Tammy can do the martinis...no that ah dont trust yees wi the wine ye understand...Jakka, bring yer punch oan, ah kin dance wi two stookies.....now Ems an Lennox, whit can ah get yees?

Oh an ah think the name should be 'The Jistpop Inn'...
RonD
Where's a' the punters? Much as a love the female company Rab and I are out numbered, no that ah'm complainin' mind ye!
Catherine , ah knew ye'd be in a flash once the word goat oot there's a new local! Nice o' ye to help Tammy and Java ahint the bar.
Jakk I like the name and yer offer on non alcoholic punch is a good addition to the bar. No countin' mine we have 6 names suggested which are all , we'll take a few more then you lot can decide. Ah wiz thinking of something very "weegie" like the Square George ( George's Square) or the Highlander's Umbrella.
jaybee
rdem, just howlin my head off here. Me in charge of security??? I am 5' tall and weigh about 110 lbs. Do I fit the bill? If you say yes then it is fine, I can take anybody on...lol, jaybee ps: can I have a wee T-shirt that says "security" on it????
RonD
Jaybee, ah'm sure you'll fit the bill, jist let 'em know yer wee terrier if they get ye goin' sorry nae T shirt , wan look fae you should send 'em the message!!!

Talk aboot laffin' ah' picturin' Java runnin' aroon' the tables playin' "hoppin' Cherlie'" wi' that bad fit.

Noo did the ladies get their drinks?????
Catherine
What aboot 'Stoaters Coarner'

Ron ye'll need tae chinje that barrel fur me .....therrs a wee wummin ower in the hub therr wae a T'shurt sayin Security Doll oan it.....aye her......well she's hud seven pints awready.
Oh look it's Jaybee laugh.gif
jaybee
lol, efter seven pints ah couldny punch ma way out of a wet paper bag. But never mind,,,, jist keep them comin Java. Hey there Catherine, you wisny lying when you said you could pull a mean pint, yer dayin great there hen.....Jaybee
tammy
Alright Catherine you're spilling more than you're pulling into the glass pal! Now who wants a martini? I'm making lovely apple martinis today to get us into the spirit of the changing leaves and fall weather. Jakka your punch is lovely , but I think we should save that for opening night and special occasions. I've got plenty of non-alcoholic fancy drinks up my sleeve too for all you non drinkers! Now who's gonna play the music and get the dancing started? laugh.gif
Java
Tammy can ah huv wan of yer non alcoholic concoctions or ah'll be changing leaving and falling masel....an there's a coupla auld yins in the corner ther playin dominoes...ah've asked them whit they want but they jist keep sayin thur chappin...jaybee could ye sort them oot?
jaybee
Aye, nae bother Java..... bit whit are the chappin the door for? I've goat the lavvie key...... lol. Noo I am going to be away for a couple of weeks, who will I leave the key with and who will do my security stint over the next couple of weeks.... (leaving for Glasgow tonight...wahoo). Jaybee
stuarty
this is true there is a pub in my area called the nowhere in particular public house laugh.gif ask the directory
Java
laugh.gif Stuarty.....

Jaybee, chappin jist means ye canny play a domino...so if ye get intae a game when yer in the toon ye'll know whit tae say....

Ah wid leave the key wi Stuarty....naebuddy'll mess wi hur...
Rab-oldname
I wouldn't mind being typecast - again! - so can I volunteer to be the Tom Jones lookalike who just has to sit in a corner with his hairy chest exposed with medallion dangling to get wimmen hingin aff him and buying him drinks? Please Ron cool.gif
Rab-oldname
Another name suggestion 'The GeeGees Bar'.
stuarty
neigh neigh rab laugh.gif
Elma
I like that one Rab.

We're still waiting to be served here.........and wid ye tell that one in the corner that his medallion's catchin' the light and I canny see the double six........... laugh.gif
Java
laugh.gif Hahahahahahahahahaha...thunk!...(that's me fallin off the bar laughin at Elma.....anybody got another stookie?) Catherine'll serve ye Elma, ah've medallion man tae attend tae...
RonD
Help ma Boab, ah go away fur a day! and as Georgia says like a "bumatitit" translation: a bomb had hit it!.

Who's the curly heided mutton dressed like lamb ower in the coarner wi' a' the bling hinging aff him never mind the wummin??

Stuarty kin ye fill fur Jaybee while she's away?

Tammy huv ye no sellt any o' yer brilliant martinis yet, we'll have tae get these punters up market and huv them try some.

Great names being added a' the time, we'll huv tae choose soon. Rab, i wiz thinkin Gigi''s a pun on GG but sounds dead continental!!! <wink>

Jings yer a rerr terr at pullin' those pints Catherine, any merr oan the flerr and ye'll need some o' Billy Connelly's wellies <smile>

Yer right aboot some music we'll need some and entertainment tae.
But fer noo, how aboot some o' yeez gie'n us their party piece.?

Java huv those ladies been served yet, ah think the only thing that's chapping ur thier lips fae lack o' bevvie <smile>?

While yer away Jaybee check out the latest bars on yer trip, we don't wannae be ahint the times.

Is a shout, where's the loo?
jakka13
We should book our own TORI to give us a song .I hear she is a belter .Gonny ,Geese,Me and Bobby mc Gee .Another name came to mind what about "The Wild Rovers " we do get up to some high jinks .Rab you jist sit tight pet and do your Tom Jones look alike just don't expect any undies coming your way ,the size of some of us would be like getting pelted with tents wub.gif
peter-f
I am jist waiting on a freind, never mind I see her over there I'll have a pint and can you send a babycham over to my sister Lennox and what ever her pal wants as well, I'll be over there jist as soon as I ask mr bling bling here if he needs a stand in so he can make a fast get away. I'd be happy to lend a hand, of course all you loverly ladies will have to stay with me to keep up the pretense tongue.gif
Rularedhead
Hullo you punters in the Cider Bar (Cyber Bar) you probablly all have hangovers today but I really thought you were party animals and the drinking session wid hiv went oon fur a few days cause I wanted to join you lot as I am A pole dancer, well these 4 young lads fae Poland has came to work beside us and its only fair if I teach them the trade they should show me how to dance FAIRS FAIR
stuarty
oh rularedhead you pole away mind your drawers thow as a dont want no smut in the cyber pub ok doll get your kit on and swing aroon and make the galas punters thursty ok doll laugh.gif
Isobel
Hey Jaybee you locked me in the loo last night .A need a rum after the night av had.Here a thought a would just have a wee chat with Ems at that corner table .A was looking forward to the Karioke night. Someone told me Melody was going to be doing her stuff.What happened where did eveyone go ?
jakka13
Hi Isobel ,sorry you got shut in the loo .Don't know what happened to Melody but I thought Tori was going to give us a song .How about some Irish Coffee ? Then we can sing together "Ah ! wan Ah! two ,When Irish eyes are smiling La la la .
Things brighter here .Talk to you soon .Cheers Jakka
Elma
Hell-ooo Isobel, I'm over here. Coiuld you maybe bring a wee scotch over with you and then we'll all join in wi' Jakka, c;mon now "I belong to Glasgow....." laugh.gif Where is Melody when ye need her, I saw Tori here a wee while ago....
Java
Boss, ah'm askin whit they want bit they jist keep bletherin....an ah thoat sumday had hauf inched the tips furra minit ther, but its mibbees that thur aw jist a wee bit slow tae pit thur hauns in thur poakets....gies that karaoke micrafone.......

Kin ah get onybuddy anythin?
keelie gal
You get up on the karaoke java and keep the punters entertained i will jump behind the bar and keep the drinks flowing pal as i know ye canny wait to get up there and gee it laldy pal i know our tori will be up there with you me and tammy will tend to the drinks oh and a hear oor jakka is bringing her famous punch ohhh i canny wait fer that so that will be me up dancing on the tables later laugh.gif they will all be stoatin in later wunnering wit all the commotions aboot eh ....
RonD
Well that's better, the place is almost fu' but there' aye room for merr people. Good work Jaybee in locking up Isobel, don't tell her ye meant dae it. Welcome Peter, we need punters but nae merr T. J. look alikes, try Englebert! We're still looking a fer a gaffer by the wey. Thnks fer helpin' oot Keelie. Java, Tammy are daein a great joab, Catherine an a', look at the size o' they erms wi' pulling pints !!! Rural come away in and bring yer Poles tae, a' ur welcome.
stuarty
can i be food manager food galore and a chip butty will try and make the grub great and can i sugest A PUB NAME ?????????? THE PUB WITH NO NAME ???????????????????
RonD
Magic Stuarty! Ah never thoat o' food, we'll a' be looking fer a take away at end o' the night . Good on ye.! the naem sounds good tae. Mibbe we'll jist call it "Oor Local!"
Rab-oldname
Here I am girls. Your Rab lookalike. Ready, willing and ABLE to help get your pub rocking!
tammy
Right I'm not sure who's got the job of picking up all the underwear, but it's not me! I'm just back in with my stock of Bailey's scotch and coffee beans for the special coffees to keep you all warm. I've got Stuarty whipping the whipped cream as we speak! Right Java where are you hen? Order is up..EMS is getting agitated waiting for you. Catherine you're doing a lovely job pouring that beer, but could you maybe get a little more in the glass than the floor, it's getting awfully slippery back here. What happened to that crate of red wine by the way? Oh no bother. Who's next? What can we get you? tongue.gif
RonD
Things are looking good, Anyone for darts???
Melody
What about ' The Keelie's Rest' or ' The Wanderer's Return' or, oh ah canny think of anything else. Right gies a shout when ye want a sing song. Och ah'll jist start ye's off wi....

Whisky you're the Devil, you're leading me astray
Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter
You're spunkier nor tay
Oh whiskey you're me darlin' drunk or sober.

smile.gif

Ok Ron, 501 double to start.
Rab-oldname
Never been any good at darts Ron but how about a 'Tig' match?. That should liven up your boozer in a slightly different way!.
Melody
Rab whit's a tig match?
Lennox
QUOTE (Melody @ 21st Sep 2006, 01:52 PM)
Rab whit's a tig match?

Melody I was just wondering that myself!!, but TJ was looking good in that photo I saw him on TV last week he looks like he had a hard few years.
Melody
Actually Lennox ah think Rab looks better the way he is. Whit's tig got tae dae wi Tom Jones?. Think ah've got a wee bit mixed up somewhere it's no like me. laugh.gif
RonD
Rab: dae ye mean "tig your het?"

Great wee song Melody glad ye kin join us. We'll be looking for more.
Double ten tae start.

By the wey, who's that impostor walkin' in the pub pretendin' he's me??
Melody
Is he no' jist gorgeous. Be still my heart. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.