Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scheme: Black And White Album
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Misc Boards > Questions about Glasgow
Pages: 1, 2
balshyboy
hi all..can anyone tell me where i can find an album by "SCHEME".. IT WAS OUT IN THE 80's and was called BLACK AND WHITE.... if anyone has it and could burn me a copy id be well happy.you can email me at balshyboy@waterdragon.freeseve.co.uk

thanx

paul.......
GG
Hi balshyboy, I have to tell you that I have looked for this album in the past for someone else and have yet to be able to track it down - I can't even find a playlist! I can still remember the cover of the album as I saw it at parties as a teenager in the 80s, but no luck in finding it yet, will continue to look.

I did find this reference to them though:

"Scheme were a rock band from Greater Easterhouse. They formed in 1980, and by 1985 had played the Pavillion and sold out the Apollo - the first unsigned band ever to do so. In 1983 they walked on the People's March for Jobs all the way from Glasgow to London, playing various venues on the way down, and gigging at Crystal Palace. Channel 4 made a documentary about them in 1986.

As a band we all had great times in the rise of our popularity during the 1980's - Denny from Scheme"

http://www.greatereasterhouse-pathfinder.c...dra/heroes.html

GG.
Heather
balshyboy, try Amazon.com you might be lucky. sad.gif
Lilith42
Check out this thread:
Scheme
carmella
There you go one of the GG members has the said album
Wullie has Black and Whites!

Here's the tracks:
White Side:

1. Self Destruct
2. Only a Cowboy
3. Time (Goes By)
4. Time To Wake Up
5. Another Five Years
6. Goat Fell

Black Side:

1. Black and Whites
2. Reveille
3. Come On Young Lady
4. Sing Some Reggae
5. Sixteen Today
6. All In The One Boat
7. Playing The Game
GG
Now we are cooking!

Vocals: Rab McEwan, Denny Oliver, John Smith

Guitars: John Smith, Denny Oliver

Bass Guitars: Rab McEwan, John Smith

Keyboards: Denny Oliver, John Smith, George Wright

Drums: Des Osborne

Saxaphone: George Wright

It was for sale on ebay and might be worth contacting the seller to see if he still has it:

http://www.scheme-fanzine.co.uk/

There's more:

TIME (GOES BY)

See the children playing
It's just another day on
24 hours in one
It's just another day on.

Time goes by, tick, ticking away
Tick, ticking away.
Some minutes seem a lifetime;
This is my first today.
Time goes by, tick, ticking away
Tick, ticking away.
Wave the past goodbye.
This is my first today.
It will never be this time again.
It will never be this time again.
You don't know how much you got;
Might not be a lot.

MP3 of the above song is available at the above website - nothing to do with me, I'm just telling you, of course:

http://scheme-fanzine.tripod.com/sitebuild.../timegoesby.mp3

GG.
ags
balshy i have it m8 ..1 o the tracks jumps a wee bit but will gladly send to u if u want..they still play today although they are now called JAAD......u can purchase this album along with some of their other music at www.scheme-fanzine.co.uk
Anne Mclean
QUOTE (balshyboy @ 7th Nov 2005, 11:50 PM)
hi all..can anyone tell me where i can find an album by "SCHEME".. IT WAS OUT IN THE 80's and was called BLACK AND WHITE.... if anyone has it and could burn me a copy id be well happy.you can email me at balshyboy@waterdragon.freeseve.co.uk

thanx

paul.......

Hey paul i have got it on tape cant burn it sorry,i just got it yesterday.I have been looking for it for years now i have finally got it!
Anne Mclean
weesue
I have copied it onto CD if anyone wants a copy (provided there's not a big demand) you can PM me, with an address. (I can maybe spare about 3 copies). First come first served.
michaelb
Hi,

Are you going down the pub tonight?
Don't you know its going to be alright?
makes no difference at the Black and White!
twist the night away................................

OR.....

Sitting alone in this out of bounds zone,
Napalm clouds getting me down.
Should've moved out of the shelter,
was so frightened when the time came around.
Just an ordinary everyday morning,
the night brings in the dawning,
just living your life seems a crime.........

My God!!!!!

I hav'nt listened to that album in almost 20 years!!

Feck me!

The time that they sold out the Apollo was the best. I thought the upper tier was going to collapse. Did you know that they were the only unsigned band to sell out the great glasgow apollo??

Anyway,

the legendary Black and White..........

I should have an original, if I have kept it with my other vinyl - excuse the tease but it will have been in a lock-up in Shettleston for 15 years now. I never cut the seal on mine, but taped my mate Gibby's version - that is Scott Gibson, went to Cranhill Secondary would have left 1985?? I went to the Greg.

will keep you posted, though it looks as if I'll have to find a deck to burn it to MP3!!

Great band, but the violence that followed was their downfall. who can forget the murder at the Pavillion?
weesue
I saw them in the Castlemilk Community Centre... Gawd knows when...? The 70's. I was young and can't remember the date in all the excitment of seeing them... One of my first concerts so to speak...

We're all in the one boat, together
Shed our skin, no difference
We're all the same...

Brilliant... Eh! cool.gif
marina
hiya weesue where have you been ? hows roxy and floyd doing? are they still as cute
weesue
Hi Marina...
Roxy and Floyd are having a ball... 14 months now, and getting heavier...
How is your Floyd and little skippy doing?
leigh flynn
QUOTE (wullie @ 24th Nov 2005, 12:07 PM) *
balshy i have it m8 ..1 o the tracks jumps a wee bit but will gladly send to u if u want..they still play today although they are now called JAAD......u can purchase this album along with some of their other music at www.scheme-fanzine.co.uk
Tommy-Dee
QUOTE (Anne Mclean @ 27th Jul 2006, 10:45 AM) *
Hey paul i have got it on tape cant burn it sorry,i just got it yesterday.I have been looking for it for years now i have finally got it!
Anne Mclean

hey Paul i Have a Copy of Black&Whites I'll send you a copy if you give me a forwarding address.
mackembhoy
hi ive been after a copy of this album for a long time as well. been trying to finf info about the band, but it apears that the site has closed down . if anyone could possibly burn me a copy that would be fantastic thanks
eileen steele 55
my brothers tommy and jimmy were pals of rab mcewans brother willie in the 70s, they liked the band as well .
darren
Hello balshyboy.I have the black and white album from scheme but it is in vynl and dont know how to put it into computer to burn it has songs like only a cowboy,self destruct.let me know what to do and i would be happy to give you a copy as its hard to get know
darren
QUOTE (mackembhoy @ 23rd Oct 2007, 12:12 PM) *
hi ive been after a copy of this album for a long time as well. been trying to finf info about the band, but it apears that the site has closed down . if anyone could possibly burn me a copy that would be fantastic thanks
Hello i have a copy of black and white album songs include only a cowboy and self destruct if u know what to do let me know i will be glad to burn you a copy C.N.D Me friend
daviboy
to all schemers. I Have BLACK AND WHITE.LATEAGAIN.AND NONRETUMABLE.if eanyone wants copyz.on probz..davieboy..
Tomsk
IF YOU WANT TO SEE LOADS OF INFO, PHOTOS AND SOUNDS OF THE BAND SCHEME CHECK OUT "THE BANDS" SECTION ON "GLASBAND 80"

GLASBAND 80

CHEERS!
TOMMY DEVLIN.
Tomsk
IF YOU WANT TO SEE LOADS OF INFO ON "SCHEME" CHECK OUT THIS LINK

GLASBAND 80 (SCHEME PAGE)

CHEERS, TOMMY D.
The Fat Vamp
The Scheme Album B&W is Free at www.TheSchemeExperience.com
*Rab*
Ive got it Here On cd (Black & Whites Album)
*Donna*
QUOTE (The Fat Vamp @ 20th Nov 2008, 06:16pm) *

i couldn't get a copy of the b&w from the website, they don't ship to the states. anyone have an idea where i can get a copy in america?
pauline f
QUOTE (balshyboy @ 7th Nov 2005, 11:02pm) *

thanx

paul.......

hi i tried for years 2 get it 4 my husband who had it but gave it out 4 a loan 2 his brother but his kid got a hold of it!!!! but if u have real player, u should have a download this video on you tube when you are viewing it click it and it automatically goes on your computer, all u need 2 do is burn the songs on to a disc!!! this is something i have just figured out so i hope that helps anyone trying 2 get the scheme songs on disc biggrin.gif
daviboy
QUOTE (*Donna* @ 5th May 2009, 07:06pm) *
i couldn't get a copy of the b&w from the website, they don't ship to the states. anyone have an idea where i can get a copy in america?

hi donna pm. me and i will send you schemes 3 albums yes thay mabe 3 i will allso send you scheme vids scheme.on.c.n.d...daviboy
tamhickey
Went to the website and couldn't find the free download. Great band though.
sariain
really wanted the album. have lost my original copy x
susiewongo
QUOTE (darren @ 8th Mar 2008, 05:59pm) *
Hello i have a copy of black and white album songs include only a cowboy and self destruct if u know what to do let me know i will be glad to burn you a copy C.N.D Me friend

hi i am trying to get hold of this album, cd can you help me out thanks.
anders
hi please can someone send me a copy of schemes black and white
i was a great fan of scheme in the 80s and i had this on lp years ago this album brings back so many memories of being skint and having to much time on my hands if anyone could send me a copy that would be great

my email addy is anders@hotmail.co.uk

thanks
garthamlock boy
lyn haldane
I HAVE GOT LOADS OF LIVE MUSIC FROM SCHEME,,I EVEN HADE TO WATCH ALANA(RABS DAUGHTER)ONE NIGHT AT THE PAVILION,,MY BEST FRIEND DIED AT ONE NIGHT THERE THROUGH A STABBIN,,WEE WERE THERE TO ENJOY OURSELFS BUT I KNOW HE UP THERE STILL SINGIN "CITY KIDS GET FEED UP" STILL GREAT FRIENDS WITH GEORGE XXXX
*davie*
QUOTE (daviboy @ 20th Mar 2008, 07:37am) *
to all schemers. I Have BLACK AND WHITE.LATEAGAIN.AND NONRETUMABLE.if eanyone wants copyz.on probz..davieboy..

can u burn me a copy of those cd m8 cheers
Ann Marie
QUOTE (lyn haldane @ 20th Dec 2009, 03:16pm) *
I HAVE GOT LOADS OF LIVE MUSIC FROM SCHEME,,I EVEN HADE TO WATCH ALANA(RABS DAUGHTER)ONE NIGHT AT THE PAVILION,,MY BEST FRIEND DIED AT ONE NIGHT THERE THROUGH A STABBIN,,WEE WERE THERE TO ENJOY OURSELFS BUT I KNOW HE UP THERE STILL SINGIN "CITY KIDS GET FEED UP" STILL GREAT FRIENDS WITH GEORGE XXXX

Hi Lynn
I seen your ad on this site and wondered if you had heard about Rab startin up another band called Scusie. There are some songs of theirs on YouTube jist now n we've heard that they're bringin out an album very soon! I noticed on your ad that you have a lot of live stuff by Scheme and wondered if you are willing to trade as i've got a lot of stuff i could give you as well. if you don't already have it lol.. we are looking for some more live stuff and demos if possible as i lost a lot of stuff i had collected over the years. hope to hear from you and if you have messenger i'll send you our addy n we could send files that way. Tell big George when you see him that Cokey from the Calton was askin for him. Last time i seen him was down in Bairds and he hadn't changed a bit!! lol. speak soon and would be really appreciated. thanks
Daggsy
Hi Can anyone sort me out with any scheme stuff???

especially looking for........
The talk back DVD.
Scheme live at the pavillion recording from radio clyde.........or video footage if it exists.
Scheme live at the appollo recordings....or video footage if it exists
scheme demos..any at all.

I can trade the black and whites album on CD with the 7" ep on CD...4 songs on that also.

I'm getting back into scheme in a big way after all these years. What a band.

Daggsy
Daggsy
Hi Can anyone sort me out with any scheme stuff???

especially looking for........
The talk back DVD.
Scheme live at the pavillion recording from radio clyde.........or video footage if it exists.
Scheme live at the appollo recordings....or video footage if it exists
scheme demos..any at all.

I can trade the black and whites album on CD with the 7" ep on CD...4 songs on that also.

I'm getting back into scheme in a big way after all these years. What a band.

Daggsy
mortymoose
Was curious so downloaded two of their video's from youtube, Gee! That lead singer looks pretty stoned..... Sigh! Don't you miss the 80's..... hehehehhe~
*TomKaT*
QUOTE (*Rab* @ 16th Apr 2009, 03:53pm) *
Ive got it Here On cd (Black & Whites Album)

already left u msg lookin for copy of balack & whites album but hadn't registered myself onto the site. same msg any chance of sendin me copy of old balck and white cd an il pay whoteva it costs for disc and postage - tho if u rab is rab mcewan fae scheme an stil in barlarnark, then i think we could save the p+p an just meet at barlarnark shops. cheers
Schemer
QUOTE (lyn haldane @ 20th Dec 2009, 04:09pm) *

Hi Lynn,I was wondering if you could leave an email or contact number.I have many live recordings(the pavillion,george square,zanzi bar,barrowlands,rooftops etc and also have a lot of studio demos etc)but I'm also interested in live stuff I might not have.I could give you copies of the stuff I've got for a copy of the stuff you've got if that's ok?If you could let me know that would be great.Thanks.
michelle waddell
QUOTE (weesue @ 27th Aug 2006, 02:02pm) *
I have copied it onto CD if anyone wants a copy (provided there's not a big demand) you can PM me, with an address. (I can maybe spare about 3 copies). First come first served.

Sue i dont know how to work this im dyiny yo get a hold of the black and white if u can get me a copy il get u a ticket to see them in september my names michelle waddell. I would really appreciate it and u can let me know how many tickets u want if u look on facebook Jonh spence is trying to get as many people to go as poss so let me know thanx a lot pal hope to hear fae u soon xxxlol
*christine*
QUOTE (The Fat Vamp @ 20th Nov 2008, 06:57pm) *

hi i can't not find it dry.gif so can u send it to me please. it would make my day cheers. biggrin.gif
floydian
Hi all just a quick post for all those glasgow music lovers just to let you guys know if you dont already know the group SCHEME are playing at the barrowlands on the 25th september 2010 i cant wait will be a blast from the past for me was a big fan of scheme back in the 80's i'm looking forward to it HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY biggrin.gif
*christine*
QUOTE (susiewongo @ 20th Oct 2009, 08:32am) *
wub.gif hi i am trying to get hold of this album, cd can you help me out thanks.

hi can you do that for me please send a copy of the black&white albam thanks wub.gif
Schemer
QUOTE (floydian @ 23rd Aug 2010, 02:19pm) *
Hi all just a quick post for all those glasgow music lovers just to let you guys know if you dont already know the group SCHEME are playing at the barrowlands on the 25th september 2010 i cant wait will be a blast from the past for me was a big fan of scheme back in the 80's i'm looking forward to it HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY biggrin.gif
It's not Scheme that's playing.It's the singer doing some scheme songs.
rondo
just for all you scheme fans they are apparently coming to glasgow this yr and will play the barrowland so keep ur eyes peeled should be a good one
*hugh*
QUOTE (balshyboy @ 7th Nov 2005, 11:35pm) *

thanx

paul.......

did you get the lp scheme if so can i buy a copy plz
jayjay
Hi Guys smile.gif

I've got 1 original Black and White LP from the 80s and The Scheme songs EP, never been used. Nice Gift. Great condition. Offers for sale? Contact; jay7077@live.co.uk

Thanks
jfrew79
HULLO EVERYODY

i'M LOOKING DESPERATELY FOR AN ALBUM CALLED BLACK AND WHITE BY A BAND CALLED SCHEME. DOES ANONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A COPY OR BUY THE ALBUM.

i AM NEW TO THIS AS WELL AND AM LOOKING FOR SOME HELP.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

KIND REGARDS

JAMIE FREW
drumbhoy inoz
QUOTE (daviboy @ 20th Mar 2008, 06:39am) *

weesue
There are plenty of tunes on Youtube... From Scheme or Scuise Rab McKewans band...
Here's a link to the documentary filmed many years ago... scheme
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.