Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old School Photos
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat
Pages: 1, 2
sjmac
Does anyone know anybody in this photo.

Mieklerigg Primary (Pollok). 1949. Ahm no tellin ye which wans me. wub.gif
sjmac
How aboot this wan. aye ahm in this wan tae. If yer in it let me know. unsure.gif

Mosspark Primary ( Near Cardonald ). Early 1950s.
anne
This is Househillwood primary around 1950 ish. Miss Thomson and me on the left with the legs.

Anne
jimmyd
Jean,wis there a Frances Hamilton among that lot at Meiklerig?????
jannymac
I seem to have a bit of bother trying to download my photo, it saaid it isnt in the right format, the photo is in jpeg, what format is needed?
Tumchie
laugh.gif Hi SJMAC!! I too attended Mosspark Primary School in the 1950's. But I don't think that I'm in your photo, however I think I might recognize some people. I left Mosspark Primary in 1961, when I was going on 12 and went to Albert Road for one year, then on to Bellahouston Academy.
Here's a photo taken at Mosspark, also in the fifties. Not sure what year. I'm in it. Let me know if you recognize anyone!!
Margaret P
I have just loved looking at the school photos last time I was home some school friends had a get togrther they had a photo done for me it was great but i was the sour looking one never cracked a smile when I find out how to put it on hear Ill show you wub.gif
Robbie
Where am I????
sjmac
G'day JimmyD, I'am not sure about a Frances Hamilton in the Mieklerigg Photo, but the other photo of Mosspark has some of the same kids,only a little older, and there is a Frances or Margaret Hamilton in the front row middle, can you tell me who you think might be the one you know in the first photo. Time has taken a lot of my memory, Jean says time has taken my brain, my hair, and her sanity. cool.gif

Let me know please.

Stuart.

Hi Tumchie, I left Mosspark School in 1956,so the kids in your photo are a little younger than me, sorry I don't recognize any of them.

Stuart.
anne
this is Gowanbank School in Priesthill, around 1956. Me at left, second row with the haircut....

Anne Perth Aussieland.
anne
Jannymac,you are in the right format, eg jpeg but maybe your photo is too big, it has to be less than 100, try that.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
wife_of_sjmac
Hi Marg.

He's got hair, 2nd on left bottom row. wee white socks.next to the one with the bandage on his leg.

Am dead meat for this. unsure.gif
Marg
jean I went back looking at some old posts your right he did have hair ........... wonder what happened ....lol
Melody
Could ye no jist eat they weans......mibbe jist wan at a time right enough!! laugh.gif
pshelley
I am looking for a lost child...............me. I grew up in Springburn, Mollinsburn St. I attended Hydepark Primary School from about '63 to '68 and then attended Colston Secondary from '68 to '71. I then moved to the states with my Dad.

I'm looking for any old school classmate photos of either or both of those schools from those times. When my mum died all the photos were lost and I have only one picture from my childhood in Glasgow ( actually standing in Loch Lomand freezing my butt off ). I've seen multiple posts on here with several great images of school classes and have sifted through many of them. As vain as it may sound, I'm looking for me!

My last name is "Shelley", my sisters name is Lynn if anyone knows her drop me a line, her husband grew up on Berneray St, his last name is Thomson and attended the University of Strathclyde for Engineering. If anyone knows either of them, I'd appreciate anything about them as well, be a nice surprise to show them old pictures of times gone by.

Thanks.
thistle46
Hi PC:
You could check out this website:

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/

- there are some photos if you go to the Colston link - the schools are listed alphabetically under Glasgow. There is a 1967/68 class photo at Colston but only one for 1950 at Hydepark. You may recognize the names from the class lists.

Good luck....thistle rolleyes.gif
ElaineMcFarlane
If anyone's interested i am on Friends Reunited under Woodfarm High School and Robslee Primary - there is also a rather fetching picture of me from primary 1 - as my mum says " god knows what happened to me!"
Jan Williams
Hi pshelley. welcome to the Glasgow boards. I went to Colston from 1968-1971. I lived in Auchinairn and went to knockburn primary, I knew quite a few Springburn people as I was born and raised there. Maybe we have mutual friends from those days. I was in class 2b then 3d before I left. Sorry but I don't have any school photo's from my Colston days.
pshelley
QUOTE (Jan Williams @ 5th Apr 2004, 07:02 PM)
Hi pshelley. welcome to the Glasgow boards. I went to Colston from 1968-1971. I lived in Auchinairn and went to knockburn primary, I knew quite a few Springburn people as I was born and raised there. Maybe we have mutual friends from those days. I was in class 2b then 3d before I left. Sorry but I don't have any school photo's from my Colston days.

Hi Jan, thanks for the note.
It was a bad time back then and I'm sorry I don't remember any names of anyone, kind of why I'm looking for pictures, mental block of that entire time of my life in Springburn.

Alcohol abuse by my mum created a kind of blank out for the time frame, now older and wiser and ready to deal with it, I'm trying to get some of that childhood time back to share with my kids before it's too late. Funny looking through ALL the posts here I found many pictures of things I recognize in my old area, like the Teachers bottling plant and Sighthill etc, so it's been educational.

My kids are having a field day with the old pictures of the tenements I grew up in. My oldest said "no way" Dad, you can't have lived in there, it looks like the 1920's, when I showed him the date's.........1960's he almost had a heart attack!! He asked how any one could live like that..............I told him I did and that's why I'm as strong today as I am and appreciate everything I've got..........'cause that's what I came from.........I keep telling him he's a softy !!!!!!!
jackieg
Has anyone got any school photos of lorne street school from 1966 to1970? any from burnbrae (priesthill) from 1970 to 74? craigbank 1g3 2g3 3g3 4g3 from 74 to 78? can you please e mail me any you have to jackelinemcnally@ntlworld.com thankyou all photos appriciated.
ElaineMcFarlane
This is my mums picture from Woodfarm High School - 1967 - she is third from the right in the second row from the top

school photo
George Muir
Here's a class picture with two connections to the GGBB, my late wife Jane and also Rena (doremi), both in the same class at Centre St. School, Tradeston. The picture was taken in the 40s, while the war was still on.
kas
great photos everyone. I need to look mine out. George that's awesome of Jane & doremi-very nice touch
ginny
QUOTE (ElaineMcFarlane @ 5th Apr 2004, 07:47 PM)
If anyone's interested i am on Friends Reunited under Woodfarm High School and Robslee Primary - there is also a rather fetching picture of me from primary 1 - as my mum says " god knows what happened to me!"

Hi elaine,my 2 cousins went to woodfarm high.David and Susan lang.

I went to Levern Primary then on to Nitshill Primary then Craigbank Secondary,my school pic is in Friends Reunited for Nitshill wub.gif
ginny
heres my school photo

try and find ginny, look fer a tiny shy thing wub.gif
George Muir
This is the class of '47 - Annette Street Primary. I am in the back row, third from left. The father of one of the girls, I can't remember which one, had won the Victoria Cross
Geezabrek
Resurrecting this cos I posted a piccy on another board and 'thought' I'd seen something about such photo's elsewhere.... so here it is (again) ...

Bellarmine Sec-Mod circa 1966/67 (not exactly sure - think 67)...
penny dainty
wondeful photos everybody, I could look at old photos all day.
witshisname
Ok Here's the Only full class pic i have,it was taken aroon 1973/74,God ahm auld.Ye'll have nae bother pickin me oot biggrin.gif
stuarty
a know who u are oh my msn is playing up thats why a havent been in ok hunny sorry a will try the laptop when up in my bed ok later wub.gif
Java
Are you the wan right on the end wi the red jumper an the skirt???...laugh.gif laugh.gif
witshisname
Oh Ya cheeky bugger laugh.gif ,Miss Bailey will hate ye fer that.I did however find a pic of you Java,and it does show another side tae ye.
stuarty
oh bob your askin fur it noo if shrek gets a hawd oh this he will set his baby too peuwk on ya and believe me its not a vary nice sight like fater and da deee daa da da
penny dainty
aw jeeze ye scared the livin daylights oota me wi that Bob.That pic of the javminator is enough to shock yer socks off. ohmy.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif which side of javas face dae a like OMG its hard tae choose
Java
Oh the green wans ma best side...the other wan shows ma lasery eye.....laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
och aye a thhink the green side is better myself see that bob trin to gie u 2 faces a think he needs punnished a will sort him oot hen for you in september wont i bob grrrrrrrrrrr laugh.gif tongue.gif and a will get the soap out fur his mooth
witshisname
oh Yummy yumm yumm,i hivnae had a bar of Carbolic in dunkey's ages as a snack.
penny dainty
Thats cause Dunkey's keepin them all to himself smile.gif
ElaineMcFarlane
Here's my P6 pic from 1991. I'm the one at the front with the shiner!! so glad i grew my hair!

Click to view attachment
ElaineMcFarlane
and here i am in 2nd year?! circa 1993

I of course was just a quiet wee thing!....whatcha laughing at??? I was!!

{That is my natural hair colour in case anyone wondered!}

Click to view attachment
brian432
Has anyone got class photos from Saracen Primary from 61 to 66 or High Possil 66 to 68 or Possil Secondary 68 to 71? huh.gif
petalpeeps
any class photos out there of dunard street primary ,in the sixties?
murn
Here's one of Burnbrae Priesthill about 1964.
murn
witshisname
"oh Yummy yumm yumm,i hivnae had a bar of Carbolic in dunkey's ages as a snack."

penny dainty
"Thats cause Dunkey's keepin them all to himself"

just reading back on some things and
I vote this as one of the best kept me giggling laugh.gif laugh.gif
No. 10 Girl
QUOTE (murn @ 1st Sep 2007, 02:43 AM) *
Here's one of Burnbrae Priesthill about 1964.

All say awwwww! Now you know what a pair of wee stoaters we were still are! If you recognize anyone please let me or Murn know. P.S Murn is the clever one I canny pit photos on computer yet in fact still takes me 10 mins to find the b----y question mark! dry.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif a know the feeling hen
No. 10 Girl
Hi Anne1 I nearly fell off my chair when I managed to put the smiley on! Is it anything to do with the name I'm an Anne with an EEEE!
keelie gal
Dont worry number 10 we were all like that at first just takes a wee while getting used to doing smileys pics ect but ye will get there pal wink.gif
Geezabrek
Posted this under one of the 'Priesthill' threads - but thought it may lurk here better?
St Robert's Primary School - not sure of year.. about 1959?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.