Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marion's Wee But An' Ben
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Melody
Marion we thought that since you might not be feeling the best for a wee while we could all blether to you in here. Just a wee special place where we can all chat to you and give you a wee laugh to cheer you up now and again if you don't feel like posting.
Feel free tae post and answer us right enough wi some of yer auld cheek, only kidding. laugh.gif Yer pals.
Marion Dougan
Melody how thoughtfull of you. My pre chemo party was great. My friend Glenda handed out strive for a cure pink bands. Bob, Jim and Craig are wearing one. I think that si soooo special. They all loved my hair cut. We are having a wee get together a week next Sat. at my place. The guys are going to my sons to stay overnight. The gals are coming to my place, including ma wee ANGEL HAYDAN:) wE WILL HAVE DRINKS ( NAW NO ME BOO HOO) SNACKS AND DO MAKE UP AND HAIR A PYJAMA PARTY, iF i DON'T FEEL UP TO IT, THEY ARE STILL COMING TO CHEER ME UP. Oh sorry the caps again hee heee. My youngest son Craig gave me a blue teddy bear last night, had Baby Boy on the Paws. I always call him my wee baby boy. I thought it was sooo cute. I am thankfull to have such a srong support group. Thank you each and every one of you
stuarty
your,e wee but and ben is fantastic laugh.gif
Melody
It's yersel hen! Great to see you. Sounds wonderful support you have there Marion, we'll all be with you in spirit, so if you can't actually drink any you can feel it all round ye. Luv ye.
I can't take the credit for this wee But an' Ben all to myself as another pal of yours came up with the idea, Bunty.
Melody
Here whits yer hair like Marion?
Marion Dougan
Melody whit pal.............Bunty?????? My hair is soooo short, cute though
Melody
Yer pal Buntyq Marion, ye'v no lost yer memory noo huv ye? Ye can come wi me tae the auld age pensioners home if ye like, we'll be company fur each other. Mind we'll be fightin' fur the pink straightjaikets again. laugh.gif Bet yer gorgeous hen wi yer new hairdo.
Melody
Oh Mrs Ware I do like your hair who does it,
I go to Madame Pom Pom round by the gas works
With all that fruit, it looks so cute, I can't believe it it's really you, like a film star laugh.gif
Gemini
thanks Melody and Bunty excellent idea, lovely wee but'n'ben yiv goat here Marion, sounds like yi huv a grrrreat support group doon therr and ah'll bet yir new "do" is fantastic wink.gif
stuarty
make it spiky like oor willie and all get a bucket and some dungarees laugh.gif
buntyq
No credit taken, Marion. You know our Melody. Just brilliant to call it Marion's Wee But An'Ben.
One idea I had is that you keep a diary and you can upper case to your heart's content.
Eartha Kitt was on Sunday Morning. What a gal! She said she is going to be 79 next January. She is still "purring" in front of audiences. Love Bunty wub.gif
jakka13
Hi Marion,like this wee but'n ben.Hope your feeling good . Take all the good wishes sent your way and wrap yourself up in them and soon the worst will be over and you can be just your usual self .Next time I come in I'll bring some cakes and we can all have a wee cup of tea .Keep your chin up. Jakka 13 cool.gif
Isobel
Melody Bunyq or whoever started this for Marion,what a great idea.Your a great wee bunch .Marion today I asked the ladies prayer group at our church to add you name to those they are praying for.Glad to hear you are enjoying you family .Its wonderful to have all that support.I guess you did something right,ha ha . Only kidding. Just you let everyone spoil you ,relax and make the most of it. I think you will look great with your new hair do.You may get to like it so much that you may never have it long again.
wink.gif I will look in here every day and see if you have posted . Take care Marion .As ma wee mother would say ,just you keep your pecker up.
stuarty
marion was your eggs and ootsider good a get scottish plain bread but it is no the same as it tasstes in scotland that fair and plesant land wub.gif
annie laurie
Hello Marion,
Sounds like you are in good hands, with all the family around you, you just miilk it for all its worth, O>K> biggrin.gif [seriously ] take it easy on yourself also, you are in my prayers and I will visit the B & B to hear how well everything is going, Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lizeeloo
Hi Marion
Like the idea of your ain But and Ben....we'll all drop in once in a while to make sure your still comfy and cosy....

Here's a wee sunflower in a pot tae put on your sideboard beside yer best candlesticks.....

lizee
stuarty
bill and ben should be way her 1 each side laugh.gif
Melody
Lizeeloo that's ' Little Weed' yer right Stuarty! smile.gif
lizeeloo
QUOTE (Melody @ 28th Aug 2005, 05:24 PM)
Lizeeloo that's ' Little Weed' yer right Stuarty! smile.gif

Whit's Little Weed, Melody...
are u sayin I bought a weed in a pot ??

Ay thought it was a cute sunflower.....

lizee
Melody
Aye Lizzeeloo it is a lovely sunflower!! However it's also 'Little Weed' from the Flowerpot Men ,...remember? Dae ye know whit ah've jist realised that your probably too young to remember that. Oh for goodness sake kin yes no leave me happy oan a Sunday night, an ah've tae get up fur ma work in the mornin' laugh.gif An ah'm that auld ah don't know if ah'll manage it!
lizeeloo
Oh Melody...laffin my head off here.
I don't remember them but don't forget am on the other side o the pond....oh aye and my grand children might know of them....hehehe...the oldest is fifteen now. tongue.gif

Away tae yer bed hen. Huv a good sleep.

lizee
Marion Dougan
Isobel, keep ma pecker up. Noo come oan av hud two weans a cannae hae a pecker
couldn't resist, thank guys yer a great bunch
Isobel
God Marion a can't stop laughing. You know ma wee mom said that to us all the time.
stuarty
marion a thought it wis only men that hid the pekers have you got somthing to tell us comon noo spit it oot were no prudish honest we can take it laugh.gif
wee mags
its bad enough that we hiv bettys hoose tae keep clean ,noo you hiv wan Marion, ach well the mere the merrier right?noo let me think will a make the dinner the night or the morra night? jist let me know,,as for the pekers ,I jad an elderly scotish woman that my kids called Granny Cambell and when she retired and her hubby died she went to volunteer at the Hospital,and her job was to transport people to get tests and she had this wan auld man and as she walked him in his wheelchair he was telling her his achces and pains [noo this wumminwas 80she was laughing to herself ]she said awe right dont worry jist you keep your pecker up and things will be awe right ,well she said if you could hiv seen his face and he looked at his privates and said its been doon so long I dont think it will evr get back up ,she told me ,and she said whit wis he gabbin aboot Margaret ,noo am tring tae be sensible which isnae too hard for me [jist ask Hubert ] andI tell her what peker ment here she said am noo taking him fir another test he must think am a dirty auld wumin ,naw Isa I bet he thoughgt you wre a sexy auld bugger , wub.gif
buntyq
Mags, that's a great one to start off the week. We should think up other Scottish sayings that can be misunderstood. When I first came to America and lived with relatives in Rochester I asked my uncle to be sure and knock me up in the morning. Was my face red when he told me what that would mean in America. I thought they were daft because it made sense to me to be sure that I would not be late for work. So, come on. What others can you come up with. Are you there, Marion? wub.gif Bunty
Tori G
Hi there Marion and everyone, thought I'd pop in and say hello tae you. Good to see you've got all this support,...just fantastic. Thats what I like to see big big big group hugs,..xxxxxxx. Talk later all. wub.gif
lizeeloo
...and speaking of group hugs...yours for today...hope its a good one

lizee
betty2
Great idea Melody , an Marion aw they cuddles an bear hugs, smashin. This proves wance again whit a fantastic crowd oan here. Its nice tae see how they aw rally roon, an ah bet the herr cut is daen you justice Marion . Nothin like a new herr do tae cheer a wummin up. Keep smilin we're aw wae yi

still here in glesca
stuarty
marion when does your chemo start? am gone oot tae see a few mates the night will be back at tenish i love the winnie and friends are great nice ta hive a wee smile every day laugh.gif
Marion Dougan
Hi guys, had my mug shot this morning, a mean ma Muga scan ha ha ha mug shots already in the post office. Thanks for all the hugs I love it
Melody
Good for you Marion that's one thing over for you. smile.gif well done.
Isobel
Good Marion, Thats one thing over with.Keep strong and positive. I think you have made the right decision. You have to get yourself well for the next meet.Boy wont we all have something to celabrate. wink.gif A can just see wee Meg cleaning up ,Betty getting that special vodka out, and Melody giving us a song.
boots
Hi Marion, I'm just droping in to wishyou well and to see your wee B&B. Great idea Bunty and Melody had, a nice cosy wee place to relax with friends. Lizzieloos group hug represents all of us and if w're not in your B&B, just remember we're still sending positive vibes your way.

psYes do keep your pecker up. My understanding is the pecker is the nose and it's a way of saying Hod your head highnd keep your spirits up
stuarty
not if you were an ann summers party rep like a use to be laugh.gif
tammy
Hi Marion,

Just wanted to add my warm wishes to you and a speedy recovery! Hope you are doing well today. Sounds like you have a lot of support close by, that is good. And of course you have a lot of support here. How can you go wrong? Take time for "you" and let others help you out. Take good care of yourself! wub.gif
Isobel
Hey Boots, a just knew there had to be a good reason for ma wee mum telling us to keep our peckers up. biggrin.gif
stuarty
marion how areyou today we are all rootin for you what do you call a no eye fish answer F S H daft aknow its the silly wans that get me awe the time laugh.gif
buntyq
Hi, Marion, yer wee but'n'ben is noo a B&B. Be sure and serve Oatcakes for breakfast - wish I could find them over here. Gemini is checking the stores where she lives.

I remember the plain loaves with the well fired black crusts. On my first visit home to check on my Mammy after my Dad died I brought one back to the States in my carry-on bag and I was so scared they would take it away from me. Remember that smell of fresh made bread?

Your party with your pals is going to be great. We will look forward to hearing all about it. Love Bunty wub.gif
Marion Dougan
Hi y'all oh Bunty I could go a big ootsider oan butter right now. That's the one thing I have asked my cousin to bring over. Hope to see you with Ria here in Charlotte. I may be tired with the chemo but you are welcome, I do want to see you, if a canny make the dinner Bob will you know that, steak pie, tatties an brussel sprouts sound good, av even goat ma steak pie dish fae hame, a bought it uwer therr yrs ago. Thanks again for all good wishes
jakka13
Here's another word that means something different.When I first came to Canada I lived near a shop that sold lots of stuff, household goods kids clothes,etc.The wee old man who owned it was Polish and had a very strong accent as did I .I went in one day with my wee boy for braces and he said "No braces here ,you must see dental man "!!!!! laugh.gif Keep strong Marion hugs from Jakka 13
lizeeloo
Oh yes jakka and Marion...did you ever ask for " kirbies" or is that goin too far back intae the past.... rolleyes.gif

lizee
wee mags
I asked for kirby grips and the man inthe store said I think you should try the hardware store they might have whay you are looking for I left the store laughing tae maself I didnae want them tae call for the van tae cart me aff tae the nut hoose biggrin.gif oh hi Marion I hope you feel a wee bit better noo
Isobel
good morning Marion ,how you doing today.Getting a laugh reading all the stuff. Its like a blast from the past.When I came here I found Loblaws quite intimidating. I had never seen half the fruit and vegatables they had out on display. Hated to ask anyone what do you do with that. I look back and laugh now.
buntyq
Hi, Marion, you remember what the W.C. was - the toilet. My Dad had an old friend who was really an angel sent from God to make sure my folks were O.K. I always visited him when I would go home to check on my Mother after Dad died. I was sending something back to the States and I asked him if he had any wrapping paper in his closet. Pure bewilderment. Why would I keep that in my toilet. he asked? Also, Marion, if you remember, it wasn't easy to find paper to wrap parcels. I had to remember to take my Mother's message bag when I went to the store. How spoiled we are over here. I used to ask the clerk at Stop & Shop to paper and plastic.
Love, Bunty wub.gif
jakka13
First week in Canada, at the A&P I was looking in the meat section and couldn't see what I wanted .Spotted the bell to ring for service.Can you imagine the look on the butchers face when I asked for gigot chops.Shocked and stunned!!!! laugh.gif Keep smiling Marion ,hugs Jakka 13
Marion Dougan
Thanks guys, you are gien me a laugh. A friend of ours brother was here on vacation yrs back, they went to Harris teeter to do the shopping, well you know how the guys take your cart out to your car, well my friends brother is shouting he's taking the messages away ha ha ha I love it, keep em coming. Going to my fav. Chines Rest. tonight, cause a dinnae think ah'll be able to go therr fur a while
stuarty
oh marion please take me wae you i love chinese grub if a was ritch i would have ma own chinese chef and a would eat it every day and night and the hours inbetween just stick me in your big hand bag kidding aside savour every morsal enjoy enjoy enjoy lots of love stuarty laugh.gif
stuarty
in england if you say a got a lumber they look as if your stupid and flank mutton is called brest of lamb and they stuff it you need a morgage to buy giggot chops a wait until they hive special offers then i buy lamb laugh.gif
Melody
Jakka, does that mean that you don't get gigot chops? Seems strange to me. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.