Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Researching Family ‘black’ From Castlemilk
Glasgow Boards/Forums > Misc Boards > Lost Friends & Relatives
dcip61
Looking for any advice or information on a family named Black (Lewis, Sarah, Mary) who, I believe, may have moved to Castlemilk Drive, in Castlemilk, Glasgow around 1958.......they may have had a connection with Birgidale road, which I believe is in the same vicinity.
I believe Lewis at least, remained in the same area in 1960/61, and possibly longer?
I can locate them in the census for this period, but at the moment, this is all the information I have and feel like I’ve hit a brick wall!
There may have been a sister - Ann/e. I think Lewis may have been born somewhere around 1938, give or take a year or two.

Any assistance with this quest will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
David
dcip61
QUOTE (dcip61 @ 18th Mar 2020, 10:48pm) *
Looking for any advice or information on a family named Black (Lewis, Sarah, Mary) who, I believe, may have moved to Castlemilk Drive, in Castlemilk, Glasgow around 1958.......they may have had a connection with Birgidale road, which I believe is in the same vicinity.
I believe Lewis at least, remained in the same area in 1960/61, and possibly longer?
I can locate them in the census for this period, but at the moment, this is all the information I have and feel like I’ve hit a brick wall!
There may have been a sister - Ann/e. I think Lewis may have been born somewhere around 1938, give or take a year or two.

Any assistance with this quest will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
David
Born in Ross Hospital, Paisley......to Sisters of the Good Shepherd, Bishopton, to Foster care, to adoption, to viewpark.......finally to England.....but home is where the heart is!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.