Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bloody Sunday
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
carmella
With all the other discussions on here, I am very surprised that those with strong opinions have not uttered a word about these charges!

I think it is wrong to make these charges on one or more soldiers who were there at the time, and who gauged each situation as it happened. I have never had to make that call, thank goodness.

These men are now probably in their late 70-80s this all happened almost 50 years ago!
wombat
rolleyes.gif shooting unarmed civilians was classed as murder last time i looked. rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (carmella @ 12th May 2019, 07:55am) *
These men are now probably in their late 70-80s this all happened almost 50 years ago!

I try to avoid squabbles over the Irish divide Carmella but if these men committed a crime then they should be brought to justice just as Nazi war criminals were regardless of age or how long ago the crimes were committed.
carmella
I think we need more information, wombat and jags are right shooting unarmed civilians is murder. My broad spectrum answer is that I don’t believe soldiers should be charged when doing their jobs.

However, as a discussion, the reason I mentioned this in the first place, is why did they wait till this soldier or any other connected to The Troubles we’re old age pensioners.

I have friends who have never got over these deaths because of the circumstances.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.