Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salmond Vs Sturgeon
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 5th Sep 2018, 12:03pm) *
"The hypocrisy and faux outrage of some people never fails to amaze me."

Did you type that with a straight face ?

I did DJ, why wouldn't i? unsure.gif
Kemedian
More proof of the diminishing status of Alex Salmond in the SNP.

Following on from these earlier comments,

QUOTE (Ian Blackford MP)
There is strong support for the first minister and for the government, from parliamentarians and from party members... I’m sure the processes which have been put in place are absolutely fit for purpose.

the former FM's judgement is again being called into question by the Party leadership.

QUOTE (Blackford)
The RT channel is a tool of the Russian state. It is now clear what the Russian authorities have been up to in the United Kingdom. People should think very carefully about being seen on that channel.

Alex's resignation from the Party is looking increasingly permanent. huh.gif

The next episode of Russia Today's The Alex Salmond Show airs tonight at 10:30pm.
JAGZ1876
laugh.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Sep 2018, 05:29pm) *
laugh.gif

My memory is not quite what is was. Now, I’m pretty sure that some guy called Salmond used to be our first minister, sometime leader of the SNP and even once the spokesperson for the party at Westminster. Since the last election, when he lost his seat, was he not just an ordinary member of the SNP until he left?

Methinks there is a (poor) attempt being made at “sugar” stirring and the stirrer is liable to end up covered in “sugar” themselves eyebrow.gif
Dykejumper
Eck and the Russian Govt deny any Russian involvement in the poisoning,who should we believe?

ps.never heard of the expression sugar stirring !?
ashfield
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 6th Sep 2018, 06:39pm) *
Eck and the Russian Govt deny any Russian involvement in the poisoning,who should we believe?

huh.gif rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 6th Sep 2018, 06:39pm) *

You believe who you want to.

And "sugar stirring" is a term used in polite circles, no surprise you haven't heard of it DJ. wink.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 6th Sep 2018, 05:58pm) *
My memory is not quite what is was. Now, I’m pretty sure that some guy called Salmond used to be our first minister, sometime leader of the SNP and even once the spokesperson for the party at Westminster. Since the last election, when he lost his seat, was he not just an ordinary member of the SNP until he left?

Methinks there is a (poor) attempt being made at “sugar” stirring and the stirrer is liable to end up covered in “sugar” themselves eyebrow.gif

Amazing with all that's going on in the UK and the turmoil in the red and blue Tory parties and all they want to talk about is Alex Salmond.

We can only imagine the frenzy they'd work themselves into if he was actually still a politician laugh.gif
wombat
rolleyes.gif novichok poisoning story came at a very convenient time ? rolleyes.gif
Kemedian
Not like you to have something to add to the discussion, Wombat, which is more than can be said for some. unsure.gif
wombat
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Sep 2018, 08:56pm) *
Not like you to have something to add to the discussion, Wombat, which is more than can be said for some. unsure.gif

that's boz most of the time it degenerates into a slanging match kem. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (wombat @ 6th Sep 2018, 07:59pm) *
rolleyes.gif novichok poisoning story came at a very convenient time ? rolleyes.gif

Nothing distracts more than a good Red's under the bed scare. wink.gif
wombat
thumbup.gif just what wis thinking M8 laugh.gif
Kemedian
It's scarier than that. They're on our streets, in our computers, above our heads, under our waters, and on our TVs.
wombat
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Sep 2018, 09:38pm) *
It scarier than that. They're on our streets, in our computers, above our heads, under our waters, and on our TVs.

unsure.gif and unner the bed yes.gif
Kemedian
Then there's a European Arrest Warrant out for your smelly socks, for poisoning. tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Sep 2018, 09:48pm) *
Then there's a European Arrest Warrant out for your smelly socks, for poisoning. tongue.gif

Wombats smelly socks would be more effective than the not so deadly novichok. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Sep 2018, 09:38pm) *
It's scarier than that. They're on our streets, in our computers, above our heads, under our waters, and on our TVs.

Anything would be better than whats on the TV. laugh.gif
Kemedian
They're also meddling in our Politics.

But here's another sensible viewpoint from within the higher reaches of the SNP, in reply to another sore loser going by the name of Tommy Sheridan - remember him?

QUOTE (Stewart McDonald, Glasgow South SNP MP)
Sputnik is owned and controlled by a Billionaire. Many of those ‘denied’ platforms elsewhere and find themselves on Sputnik are holodomor deniers, conspiracy theorists and cranks. Consider why that might be. Decent minded people should body-swerve it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stewartmcdonald/...583593747505154

Interesting times. huh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 7th Sep 2018, 12:02pm) *
They're also meddling in our Politics.

But here's another sensible viewpoint from within the higher reaches of the SNP, in reply to another sore loser going by the name of Tommy Sheridan - remember him?

Interesting times. huh.gif

You're ducking all the interesting times Kem. yes.gif

What has Tommy Sheridan got to do with your Salmond Vs Sturgeon thread? unsure.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Sep 2018, 05:43pm) *

What has Tommy Sheridan got to do with your Salmond Vs Sturgeon thread? unsure.gif

He's on an alliteration kick, Jagz. Sheridan, Shalmond & Shturgeon. laugh.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Sep 2018, 04:43pm) *

Hi Bilbo, are you auditioning to be his sidekick?

Sheridan and Salmond are fellow presenters on Russia Today, Jagz, a station that the SNP has now effectively black-listed. With our former FM not leaving that station any time soon, it could make his resignation from the SNP last week quite timely and convenient for Nicola, as Salmond is giving her extra headaches that she could do without.

I also find the Glasgow MP's language very interesting, don't you?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 7th Sep 2018, 05:43pm) *
Sheridan and Salmond are fellow presenters on Russia Today, Jagz, a station that the SNP has now effectively black-listed.

I also find the Glasgow MP's language very interesting, don't you?

Are Sputnik TV and Russia Today the same company?

Which Glasgow MP are you talking about and what was said? unsure.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 7th Sep 2018, 05:43pm) *
He's on an alliteration kick, Jagz. Sheridan, Shalmond & Shturgeon. laugh.gif

He's talking Sh.. laugh.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Sep 2018, 08:01pm) *
Are Sputnik TV and Russia Today the same company?

Sputnik is a show on RT apparently.

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Sep 2018, 08:01pm) *
Which Glasgow MP are you talking about and what was said? unsure.gif

See post 69.

Salmond a "crank". Interesting.
Kemedian
Apologies, Jagz, got my 'cranks' mixed up. There is a show on RT named Sputnik, but that's presented by another Scottish political outcast, George Galloway. Sheridan's new employer - of the same name - is a separate news outlet from RT.

Galloway, then Salmond, and now Sheridan. The enemy of my enemy... pays rather well.
wombat
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Sep 2018, 09:48pm) *

tongue.gif toxic sock syndrome. tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 7th Sep 2018, 08:49pm) *
Apologies, Jagz, got my 'cranks' mixed up. There is a show on RT named Sputnik, but that's presented by another Scottish political outcast, George Galloway. Sheridan's new employer - of the same name - is a separate news outlet from RT.

Galloway, then Salmond, and now Sheridan. The enemy of my enemy... pays rather well.

Ofcom don't seem to have a problem granting these stations a licence to broadcast in the UK so if the UK government regulator don't have a problem with these channels then why should you?

You really do like taking threads off topic when things don't go your way Kem, even one's you started. yes.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Sep 2018, 08:03pm) *
He's talking Sh.. laugh.gif

Sugar? rolleyes.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Sep 2018, 09:25pm) *
You really do like taking threads off topic when things don't go your way Kem, even one's you started. yes.gif

To be fair to him, it’s not like May or Corbyn are having any issues to deal with right now. Apparently both their parties have leaders based in Scotland, but it appears they aiming for the world “hide and seek” record (surprising since we’re right in the middle of the reality TV season rolleyes.gif ). And the Lib Dem guy announced he’s leaving and most folk didn’t even know he was there in the first place.

I look forward to the future of the thread, perhaps Alec and Nicola, the Tiddlywinks Years or when Alec snapped during a game of cards tongue.gif
Kemedian
You shouldn't trivialize in the circumstances, Ash. Salmond is clearly floundering in shark infested water, and if his old Party gets it way at the Court of Session then this cold war will escalate to boiling point. That's not me scaremongering, here's what he writes himself:

If I lose then I will have to answer to the complaints both comprehensively and publically.
ashfield
Well, why don’t we all wait and see what occurs then comment yes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Sep 2018, 07:51am) *
Sugar? rolleyes.gif

Don't Ash, you'll have DJ on again saying he's never heard that expression. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Sep 2018, 09:11am) *
And the Lib Dem guy announced he’s leaving and most folk didn’t even know he was there in the first place.

To be honest i thought Tim Whatshisname was still their leader. yes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 8th Sep 2018, 09:11am) *
To be fair to him, it’s not like May or Corbyn are having any issues to deal with right now.

Nope, according to Kem and DJ everything is rosy in their green and pleasant UKtopia. laugh.gif
Kemedian
It turns out that if Salmond had gotten his way then this wouldn't have been a story. His legal team attempted to prevent the Party from going public.

The Party believes he has a case to answer, and having had a chance to review the case so now do the police.

Is Salmond fighting a losing battle? If so, then this could be the biggest fall from grace in Scottish Political history.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 15th Sep 2018, 02:16pm) *
Is Salmond fighting a losing battle? If so, then this could be the biggest fall from grace in Scottish Political history.

He's not a politician though. unsure.gif

Remember you said "Let's wait for the outcome of the court proceedings, the police investigation and latterly the Party's due process"?

Why did you lie to us?
Kemedian
QUOTE (Salmond)
I'm not guilty of any criminality.

Now will he be turning again to his supporters for another 100k ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland

Is he lying to us?
Kemedian
Click to view attachment

The 64-year-old is accused of 14 charges. These are:

1) Breach of the Peace
2) Indecent Assault
3) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
4) Indecent Assault
5) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
6) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
7) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
8) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
9) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
10) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S1 (Attempted Rape)
11) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
12) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S1 (Attempted Rape)
13) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)
14) Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009 S3 (Sexual Assault)

Dykejumper
Its good news for the Selfie Queen, it will be months before anyone can ask her more awkward questions about those conversations she had with Eck.
Eck's use of the word 'criminalty' is odd, most people would just protest their innocence.
carmella
I wondered too about his choice of words.
Dave Grieve
Watched a documentary about 'human lie detectors' and what they look out for.
One of the warning signs to look out for is when the accused try to remove themselves from responsibility for the incident or in this case crime.
By not defending himself from the accusations in particular and talking about criminality in general he could possibly fit into that category.
wombat
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 31st Jan 2019, 03:00pm) *
Watched a documentary about 'human lie detectors' and what they look out for.
One of the warning signs to look out for is when the accused try to remove themselves from responsibility for the incident or in this case crime.
By not defending himself from the accusations in particular and talking about criminality in general he could possibly fit into that category.

rolleyes.gif

THEY know what to look out for bcoz that's what THEY used to get themselves off the hook laugh.gif
Kemedian
Not the best timing. blush.gif

QUOTE (Salmond @ 21st January 2018)
One of our features in the national movement has been our inability to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of our political opponents. We have tended to concentrate on what shape we are in. However, right now the Westminster political establishment is at its weakest point in my lifetime... https://www.thenational.scot/news/17372027....pendence-fight/

Click to view attachment
carmella
Nobody’s playing!
wombat
rolleyes.gif brexit shock syndrome carmella rolleyes.gif
carmella
QUOTE (wombat @ 3rd Feb 2019, 06:35pm) *
rolleyes.gif brexit shock syndrome carmella rolleyes.gif

Must be Wombat, or maybe they’ve run out o steam!🙀🙀🙀🤓🤓🤓
wombat
biggrin.gif BORED probably laugh.gif
carmella
laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Kemedian
Well Carmella, for one thing Nats don't want to talk about it, for obvious reasons. Sturgeon says Indy is bigger than one man, but I doubt if Bute House has a big enough carpet or a strong enough air freshener to hide this story. There are questions as to how much and for how long she knew about it, hence the Parliamentory enquiry, which could yet bring down even her!

She is trying to free herself from his influence (some say dominance) and support in the Party but is finding him every bit as tough an adversary as he was an ally. A nation awaits one of its most sensational trials in living memory, the result of which could shine a whole different light on a Political career and personal mission to lead Scotland to independence. If he's found guilty, then a whole new discussion will begin... Why did he do it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.