Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salmond Vs Sturgeon
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
wombat
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Mar 2020, 05:43pm) *
You knew perfectly well I was not talking about England.

The law in England is different from Scots Law.

That might be a separate topic.

laugh.gif and heres me thinkin its aw corrupt laugh.gif
carmella
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 30th Mar 2020, 07:15pm) *
You did not make that clear. Kindly do not presume what I know perfectly well.

I think I have pointed that out already, that Scots
Law is different, being based on Roman Law.

-

Oh dear! The case was taking place in Scotland, why would I have to make it clear that I was talking about Scottish Criminal Law.

I think you must be a wind up merchant.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Mar 2020, 09:53pm) *
Oh dear! The case was taking place in Scotland, why would I have to make it clear that I was talking about Scottish Criminal Law.

I think you must be a wind up merchant.

You did not specify if you meant the past case or the possible future one in England.

I do not know why you contemplate my being a wind-up merchant, when everyone knows you are battery operated. tongue.gif
carmella
For future reference, when and if I discuss a future English case, that will be made perfectly clear by my use of the word “England” in proper context.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (carmella @ 31st Mar 2020, 12:41am) *
For future reference, when and if I discuss a future English case, that will be made perfectly clear by my use of the word “England” in proper context.

Good!
DannyH
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 30th Mar 2020, 10:35pm) *
You did not specify if you meant the past case or the possible future one in England.

I do not know why you contemplate my being a wind-up merchant, when everyone knows you are battery operated. :P

Bilbo, you are the self appointed master of ENGLISH spelling and grammar. So where is your evidence that “everyone” thinks that Carmella is battery operated? You are not “everyone”

Once again, I have to question your mentality. The world is in turmoil and the country you live in is one of the worst affected by Coronavirus. Do you ever stop and think of others who are living in in isolation? Forums like this one should be used to help each other get through this. So please stop this nonsense and try to participate by submitting posts which will generate meaningful discussions.

Danny
bilbo.s
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/202...C9BfCHw_d_hW03w A little light reading for your delectation.

Danny Boy, I will post what I please (Where have I read that before ?)

BTW I have never declared myself as the guardian of English grammar and spelling, but it is highly irrelevant in your latest outpourings. The term "everyone" is an exaggeration (I hesitate to call it "poetic licence" ), but in no way is it ungrammatical.

Now back on topic!
ashfield
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 31st Mar 2020, 10:26am) *
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/202...C9BfCHw_d_hW03w A little light reading for your delectation.

Danny Boy, I will post what I please (Where have I read that before ?)

BTW I have never declared myself as the guardian of English grammar and spelling, but it is highly irrelevant in your latest outpourings. The term "everyone" is an exaggeration (I hesitate to call it "poetic licence" ), but in no way is it ungrammatical.

Now back on topic!

Bill, thanks for the link. I’m not an avid reader of Craig Murray’s stuff but he has produced some interesting insights over the piece. If even 10% of this was true (although I’m pretty sure that all of it is) it would be both astonishing and frightening in equal measure. I’m fairly sure that the repercussions of this case will be felt across Scottish politics for years to come.
bilbo.s
You're welcome, Ash.smile.gif
JAGZ1876
Craig Murray now in the crosshairs of the British Nationalists media for daring to tell the public the truth about the Alex Salmond trial. angry.gif

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics...l-high-21789285

https://twitter.com/CraigMurrayOrg/status/1...013546204901376

ashfield
Suppose it was the predictable outcome, they can't challenge the blog content so resort to a personal attack. Nothing more designed to increase the support he gets.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 1st Apr 2020, 01:16pm) *
Suppose it was the predictable outcome, they can't challenge the blog content so resort to a personal attack. Nothing more designed to increase the support he gets.

It's pathetic Ash, we used to laugh at banana republics and the control of the media the likes of Mugabe and Castro had, but they, and even the the old Soviet Union had nothing on this British Establishment regime.
Dykejumper
Well ! now I know that the Nat govt is totally corrupt and conspired to put an innocent man in jail.
We can now expect a gnat civil war next year, the Sturgeonites v Eck's old guard and the WOS
brigade.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Apr 2020, 08:17pm) *
Well ! now I know that the Nat govt is totally corrupt and conspired to put an innocent man in jail.
We can now expect a gnat civil war next year, the Sturgeonites v Eck's old guard and the WOS
brigade.

Not as corrupt as your "Nat govt" down in Westminster though, and you couldn't give a toss if he was innocent during the trial, you and Kem were getting all hot and bothered and believing the Britnat rags that he was going to the pokey.

How many times is that you BritGnats have been flogging the "Civil War" dead horse now? laugh.gif
Dykejumper
Nice to read that you agree the Nat govt is corrupt.
Dave Grieve
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Apr 2020, 03:31pm) *
It's pathetic Ash, we used to laugh at banana republics and the control of the media

Before the end of apartheid our president PW Botha had his own hotline to the national broadcaster. Any news item he didn't like could and ofter would be cut of in mid report. It even extended to popular programmes when he stopped a sci-fi show called V because "it called for civil defiance"
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Apr 2020, 11:55pm) *
Nice to read that you agree the Nat govt is corrupt.

Don't tell me all the panic buyers have cleared the shelves of straws now?

You really are running out of ones to clutch.
JAGZ1876
A fascinating read to while away the time in these lockdown days as Craig Murray demolishes Ms Garavelli's biased account of what actually happened in the courtroom.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/202...maximum-effect/
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 4th Apr 2020, 11:09am) *
A fascinating read to while away the time in these lockdown days as Craig Murray demolishes Ms Garavelli's biased account of what actually happened in the courtroom.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/202...maximum-effect/

Thanks JAGZ, well worth reading.
wombat
thumbup.gif nice read.

garavelli is herself scots with a serious CRINGE infection (love it) laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (wombat @ 4th Apr 2020, 09:07pm) *
thumbup.gif nice read.

garavelli is herself scots with a serious CRINGE infection (love it) laugh.gif

There are more than a few on here suffering serious symptoms too Wombat. laugh.gif
carmella
Interesting read. I wonder, rather than our own speculation, if the public will ever learn the true facts.

We all have our opinions of course, but I say again if this man did nothing wrong (like hundreds before him) then this case should never have gone to trial.

I await with baited breath.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (carmella @ 5th Apr 2020, 02:00pm) *
Interesting read. I wonder, rather than our own speculation, if the public will ever learn the true facts.

We all have our opinions of course, but I say again if this man did nothing wrong (like hundreds before him) then this case should never have gone to trial.

I await with baited breath.

I think there will be inquiries once the virus situation has passed, i'm sure it'll all come out in the wash wink.gif
carmella
I absolutely agree!
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd Mar 2020, 04:11pm) *
Not such a "fishy affair" after all.

Click to view attachment
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 28th Apr 2020, 09:23am) *

Oh dear Kem, you're setting yourself up for yet another massive disappointment, you anticipated a civil war that never happend, the trial would finish the SNP when Salmond was found guilty, now this. laugh.gif
Kemedian
It's just a headline, Jagz. You read into it what you will, I don't read that rubbish.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 28th Apr 2020, 10:19am) *
It's just a headline, Jagz. You read into it what you will, I don't read that rubbish.

Yet you keep posting that rubbish. yes.gif

And don't shout, i'm not hard of hearing. wink.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 28th Apr 2020, 12:15pm) *
Yet you keep posting that rubbish. yes.gif

I told you the paper has form. yes.gif

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 28th Apr 2020, 12:15pm) *
And don't shout, i'm not hard of hearing. wink.gif

Then how about mustering an opinion on the biggest story of our time and how your country is coping in it over on the other thread, or are you hard of thinking as Ash would say?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 28th Apr 2020, 04:45pm) *
I told you the paper has form. yes.gif

Then how about mustering an opinion on the biggest story of our time and how your country is coping in it over on the other thread, or are you hard of thinking as Ash would say?

And yet you couldn't give one example.

I'll comment on any story when i feel like it, and i don't think Ash had me in mind when he wrote that. wink.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 28th Apr 2020, 07:04pm) *
And yet you couldn't give one example.

So this article has merit?
Kemedian
I've stumped him.

Howzat!
ashfield
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 28th Apr 2020, 07:33pm) *
So this article has merit?

If you don't read it how can you judge whether it has merit or not?

If you don't read " that rubbish", why did you look it up to post here?

Methinks you are still trying to justify starting this thread unsure.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (ashfield @ 29th Apr 2020, 08:43am) *
If you don't read it how can you judge whether it has merit or not?

If you don't read " that rubbish", why did you look it up to post here?

Methinks you are still trying to justify starting this thread unsure.gif

This paper and this paper only saw fit to lead with the story.

It is clearly relevant to this thread.

I don't read it, but I know from articles you've recommended previously that you do. So, does this one have merit? Jagz seems to think so.
Kemedian
I'm on a hat-trick! wink.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 03:11pm) *
I'm on a hat-trick! wink.gif

Aye, the big pointy one with the D on the front clown.gif
Kemedian
Does anyone take that paper seriously? Listening to today's First Minister's daily press conference, there was definitely something in the way that Sturgeon spoke to one of its journalists that conveyed a sense of disdain. While questions from other quarters had consistently challenged the SNP Leader on her Government's response to the ongoing health and economic crisis, The National aimed slightly lower and missed its mark completely. Paraphrasing, her reply to "Will there be a General Election?" was blunt, "It's not that your question isn't legitimate... but... I've simply no time to play Politics."

I believe that there is little love lost in that relationship and mutual distrust. And when readers of the paper on here refuse to comment on headlines like the one we had the other day about Alex Salmond's book, well that tells its own story. eyebrow.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 06:03pm) *
Does anyone take that paper seriously? Listening to today's First Minister's daily press conference, there was definitely something in the way that Sturgeon spoke to one of its journalists that conveyed a sense of disdain. While questions from other quarters had consistently challenged the SNP Leader on her Government's response to the ongoing health and economic crisis, The National aimed slightly lower and missed its mark completely. Paraphrasing, her reply to "Will there be a General Election?" was blunt, "It's not that your question isn't legitimate... but... I've simply no time to play Politics."

I believe that there is little love lost in that relationship and mutual distrust. And when readers of the paper on here refuse to comment on headlines like the one we had the other day about Alex Salmond's book, well that tells its own story. eyebrow.gif

Which paper does anyone , including you, take seriously ? There's the tragedy of British "journalism" !

ashfield
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 05:03pm) *

Let's put this to bed. The only newspaper I read on a regular basis (and have done for over 45 years) is The Observer. I'm an occasional reader of the National and other newspapers if they take my interest (most usually for sport content). There many more I would never read under any circumstances. I have no idea what the story is about the alleged book or its potential contents so I can offer you no insight on its merits or otherwise.

As usual you make too many assumptions and apply false logic.
Kemedian
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Apr 2020, 05:41pm) *
There's the tragedy of British "journalism" !

British? It's barely journalism.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 07:00pm) *
British? It's barely journalism.

Hence the quotation marks, dummy!

As for "British" , I doubt there is a more biased press in the western world.
Kemedian
From Google, the article in full. We might as well read what we're discussing. sign_lol.gif

Jim Sillars says SNP may have to quit after Alex Salmond's book

ALEX Salmond's new book will be like a "volcanic eruption" for the SNP which may need to be replaced by a new independence party, according to its former deputy leader.

The Herald reported that Jim Sillars said Alex Salmond’s recent trial and acquittal had shown there was a need “for a complete clear-out of the highest levels of the party before it is again fit to lead again”.

The extent of this “rot” could require the independence movement “to set up something new, untainted, in its place”, he said.

Salmond was cleared of 13 sexual assault charges at the High Court in Edinburgh last month, and suggested he had been the victim of a politically-motivated conspiracy.

Senior MPs in the party have hit out at the way the case was handled and have called for Salmond to rejoin.

In the forthcoming issue of the Scottish Left Review, Sillars says the "trial of the SNP both at party and parliamentary level is yet to begin".

The revelations in Salmond's book about the case “will gladden Unionist hearts”, and “a tempest of scorn will sweep down on and over on the independence movement”, he adds.

Sillars was deputy to Salmond when he was SNP leader in the 1990s.

He has previously said Salmond shared information about his case with him in advance of the trial which pointed to a conspiracy against him.

Although this was not produced in court for legal reasons – the judge ruled it could lead to the trial straying off course – the former First Minister now intends to make it public in his book.

Sillars said: “The criminal trial of Alex Salmond may be over, but the trial of the SNP both at party and parliamentary level is yet to begin.

“It is unavoidable.

“The book he is writing, with the material he was not allowed to produce at trial, but which has all the authenticity of Scottish government and SNP party documents, will be like a volcano going off underneath some people. Some whose identities I and others know, but cannot name, must tremble at the prospect of what is to come.

There could be another police investigation, this time not into Alex Salmond.”

He continues: “For the rest of us, it is the effect of that coming volcanic eruption on the SNP as a party, as the electoral wing of the independence movement, that matters.

“Not being in the Salmond camp, but in the SNP, and having devoted the major part of my political life to the cause of independence, I see a need for a complete clear-out of the highest levels of the party before it is again fit to lead.

“The cult of personality, the obsessive desire of leaders for complete control of the membership and parliamentarians, the growth of a clique of acolytes, one-person rule – there has been a rot growing at the heart of this organisation for years.”

Sillars also suggests the SNP may no longer be fit for purpose.

He wrote: “The independence movement is not just the SNP, but the movement as a whole has much invested in the party as the instrument to achieve democratic success.

“As the rot is uncovered, the temptation – already being thought of by some - will be to set up something new, untainted, in its place.

“That might need to be done if the damage to come proves fatal. I hope not, because it is not easy to replace and fill the electoral space of a long established organisation.

"I speak from experience of an attempt to do so in the mid- to late 1970s with the Scottish Labour Party.

“It is better to cleanse a sword than to discard it, in the hope of finding another. But if the sword cannot be cleansed enough … well … we shall see.

“There is enormous strength, and ability, in the independence movement.

“Whatever direction is taken, it will eventually succeed.”

The SNP have been approached for comment.

wombat
rolleyes.gif same crap could be said about ANY political party the world over kem.

I would be more concerned about the narcisists and sociopaths running the country. yes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 08:59am) *
Jagz seems to think so.

Because i reply to you don't flatter yourself by thinking i'm validating your pathetic little musings. wink.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 28th Apr 2020, 10:03pm) *
I've stumped him.

Howzat!

Do you honestly think that i'm like you and have nothing better to do than hang around here?

3 hours between your question and you reply. laugh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 08:37pm) *
We might as well read what we're discussing.

I wasn't discussing it.
bilbo.s
Sillars is as daft as Kemedian. At least he has the excuse of senility .
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Apr 2020, 10:15pm) *
I wasn't discussing it.

I noticed. laugh.gif

I wonder why?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 05:03pm) *
And when readers of the paper on here refuse to comment on headlines like the one we had the other day about Alex Salmond's book, well that tells its own story. eyebrow.gif

Asolutely pathetic, commenting on a book that hasn't even been published, what a sad little sheeple he is.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 29th Apr 2020, 10:58pm) *

I can't be the only one to notice that your now thanking the NHS after years of supporting governments who have been cutting the budgets of the NHS?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.