Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salmond Vs Sturgeon
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 11th Mar 2020, 03:16pm) *
You have to feel for his wife having to read all those lurid headlines,at 82 it cant be good for her health.

Let's be honest DJ, you couldn't care less about his wife. yes.gif
JAGZ1876
Wow...Kem's late with papers today, i hope he's ok? unsure.gif

Probably not enough titillating headlines for his liking. laugh.gif
Kemedian
There's more important things going on than that man's trial.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 12th Mar 2020, 01:05pm) *
There's more important things going on than that man's trial.

You wouldn't have thought so with your press coverage yesterday. laugh.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Mar 2020, 06:20pm) *
You wouldn't have thought so with your press coverage yesterday. laugh.gif

Perhaps he was just being kind and helping out, given the "run" on toilet rolls tongue.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 12th Mar 2020, 06:41pm) *
Perhaps he was just being kind and helping out, given the "run" on toilet rolls tongue.gif

Thats about all they're good for. laugh.gif
Dykejumper
His lawyer seems to be saying some of the things Eck did were wrong but not criminal at that time, we shall now have to wait for the verdict. Eck was a described as a 'marmite' man, how true.
Kemedian
NOT GUILTY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52004285

The man who earned if not the praise then the respect of most of us (myself included, and I said as much at the time) during the independence referendum, now has earned his right to repair and rebuild his reputation. He and his supporters are vindicated.

Alex Salmond is innocent of all charges, and we await what is surely not to be his understated return to public life. He now deserves to be heard, and belived, in his own words.
Kemedian
belived believed
JAGZ1876
Very magnanimous of you Kem, not such a "fishy affair" after all, shame you and others didn't wait until the legal system ran it's course before declaring your glee.
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd Mar 2020, 03:11pm) *
glee.

Show me where I overstepped the mark, and I'll address it.

There were many avenues of discussion, but that stops now.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 23rd Mar 2020, 03:14pm) *
Show me where I overstepped the mark, and I'll address it.

There were many avenues of discussion, but that stops now.

I look forward to you posting all the newspaper front pages tomorrow with the same gusto as you did after the first day of the trial. yes.gif

Although we all know the verdict will be buried on page 42 below the For Sale ads with a small paragraph bemoaning the outrageous miscarriage of justice. wink.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd Mar 2020, 05:36pm) *
I look forward to you posting all the newspaper front pages tomorrow with the same gusto as you did after the first day of the trial. yes.gif

Although we all know the verdict will be buried on page 42 below the For Sale ads with a small paragraph bemoaning the outrageous miscarriage of justice. wink.gif

It's a huge story and makes all the front pages today, even with everything else going on.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/...From%20%251%24s

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JAGZ1876
Well done Kem. thumbup.gif

Has anyone seen DJ, is he still dismantling the gallows and taking down the red white and blue bunting? unsure.gif
JAGZ1876
This'll bring DJ scuttling back out, proof (if any were needed) that the original trial was a stitch up. yes.gif

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cleared-...women-nw8z0kmcj

They will hope that trying him in an English court will give them the engineered verdict the High court in Edinburgh didn't.
carmella
I don’t understand people who falsely accuse, or at the very least exaggerate, it’s disgusting. This is why for years I have wanted the law changed on naming accused!.
Kemedian
What do you make of his measured victory speech, Jagz?

Dykejumper
Not guilty of crimes but by his own admission guilty of inappropriate behaviour, he is not a nice
person and judging by his comments yesterday he will be going after former colleagues he thinks
conspired against him. This story is not going away,Eck will make sure of that.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (carmella @ 24th Mar 2020, 01:55pm) *
I don’t understand people who falsely accuse, or at the very least exaggerate, it’s disgusting. This is why for years I have wanted the law changed on naming accused!.

Totally agree Carmella, regardless of political preferences these i believe the actions of these Women will scare off genuine victims of sexual abuse from contacting the police.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 24th Mar 2020, 02:28pm) *
What do you make of his measured victory speech, Jagz?

I thought he was very as you say "measured" he will have his say in any future inquiry, but as he said, everyone is suffering today more than he was.

All in due course.

JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 24th Mar 2020, 02:31pm) *
Not guilty of crimes but by his own admission guilty of inappropriate behaviour, he is not a nice
person and judging by his comments yesterday he will be going after former colleagues he thinks
conspired against him. This story is not going away,Eck will make sure of that.

Not being a nice person is not a crime and he has every right to make sure it doesn't go away, we have to make sure no innocent person has to endure what he went through just because he is an enemy of the British establishment.
Dykejumper
Jagz is delusional, he thinks the British establishment are behind those charges, surely eck has made it clear he has enemies in the party and indeed the Scottish Govt.
wombat
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 24th Mar 2020, 02:38pm) *
Not being a nice person is not a crime and he has every right to make sure it doesn't go away, we have to make sure no innocent person has to endure what he went through just because he is an enemy of the British establishment.

tongue.gif hes between a rock and a hard" plaice"then? rolleyes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 24th Mar 2020, 06:27pm) *
Jagz is delusional, he thinks the British establishment are behind those charges, surely eck has made it clear he has enemies in the party and indeed the Scottish Govt.

Well they have form for this type of thing, and you can hardly accuse others of being "delusional" DJ. wink.gif
carmella
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 24th Mar 2020, 02:32pm) *
Totally agree Carmella, regardless of political preferences these i believe the actions of these Women will scare off genuine victims of sexual abuse from contacting the police.

I have always said this. The women behind this should be investigated to get to the truth.
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 24th Mar 2020, 02:35pm) *
I thought he was very as you say "measured"

Cryptic would be another word for it. huh.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 25th Mar 2020, 11:46am) *
Cryptic would be another word for it. huh.gif

No, i wouldn't describe it as "cryptic" at all, we all know what he was referring to, and you have to admire his lack of triumphalism.
wombat
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 25th Mar 2020, 03:04pm) *
No, i wouldn't describe it as "cryptic" at all, we all know what he was referring to, and you have to admire his lack of triumphalism.

unsure.gif see what hes like after the english are done with him sad.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (wombat @ 25th Mar 2020, 06:04pm) *
unsure.gif see what hes like after the english are done with him sad.gif

If it gets that far Wombat. wink.gif
wombat
laugh.gif laugh.gif thumbup.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 25th Mar 2020, 03:04pm) *
You have to admire his lack of triumphalism.

I agree. He chose his words well, opting to keep his powder dry and maximise its damage. I pity his enemies, whoever they are! ohmy.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 25th Mar 2020, 08:09pm) *
I agree. He chose his words well, opting to keep his powder dry and maximise its damage. I pity his enemies, whoever they are! ohmy.gif

Well said. wink.gif
JAGZ1876
wink.gif
Dykejumper
I doubt many will be surprised by Mr Jackson's comments...

Mr Jackson said: "I don't know much about senior politicians but he was quite an objectionable bully to work with, in a way that I don't think Nicola [current first minister Nicola Sturgeon] is.

"I think he was a nasty person to work for...a nightmare to work for."
bilbo.s
In what tavern did you meet the mysterious Mr Jackson ?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 29th Mar 2020, 05:21pm) *
In what tavern did you meet the mysterious Mr Jackson ?

If it wisnae the Louden, it's the Horseshoe, maybe even the Ludge. laugh.gif
ashfield
There were some interesting stories on the "Salmold" case in a couple of the newspapers I read over the weekend. They were remarkedly similar in text, despite them being written (allegedly) by different people. I got the feeling that someone is trying hard to keep this issue going, for reasons which will no doubt become clear in the coming weeks and months.

The basis of the story was a joint statement from all the women who made the accusations against Salmond. Given that these women have said that there was no collusion on their part and that some of them didn't even know who the other woman were, what are the logistics of a group like that producing a "joint statement"? Something stinks here methinks unsure.gif
carmella
Something is very off about this!
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (ashfield @ 30th Mar 2020, 08:27am) *
The basis of the story was a joint statement from all the women who made the accusations against Salmond.

After an 18 month police investigation, interviews of 400 people, followed by a full trial and a 'Not Guilty' verdict by majority female jury isn't it time to accept their plan failed and retrying it in the media is doing no good to the genuine victims of sexual abuse.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Mar 2020, 10:44am) *
Something is very off about this!

As Kem describes in the title of this thread "A Fishy Affair" indeed. yes.gif
carmella
I have long said in any accusations of rape and all sexual assaults against adults, whether famous or not, females making these accusations should be named if they are not named, then the males being accused should not be named.

Rape Crisis and women’s’ groups say that if that was the case, many women would not come forward. I believe this is probably the case. Therefore name no-one.

I have known of men falsely accused, indeed in two cases the women concerned were not known to these men, one later took his own life because he lost everything including his family and home. I have seen trusted well respected, and sourced documentaries of ruined lives because women falsely accused perfectly innocent men.

I dislike Mr. Salmond and await future responses from him.

The police passed all the information to the Crown Office who would only have brought this case to court with sufficient reason.
bilbo.s
"The police passed all the information to the Crown Office who would only have brought this case to court with sufficient reason. "

Na´vetÚ. they name is Carmella !
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Mar 2020, 12:47pm) *
Rape Crisis and women’s’ groups say that if that was the case, many women would not come forward. I believe this is probably the case. Therefore name no-one.

Totally agree about no one being named Carmella, and i hope that Rape Crisis Scotland aren't being used for political revenge by a spiteful Director, protecting and encouraging genuine victims of sexual abuse should be their only concern, not helping a spiteful person get some personal revenge.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers...mg/appointments

https://twitter.com/MarkYou05730747/status/...2868097/photo/1
carmella
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 30th Mar 2020, 01:28pm) *
"The police passed all the information to the Crown Office who would only have brought this case to court with sufficient reason. "

Na´vetÚ. they name is Carmella !

I know a lot about Scottish Criminal Law, I could have told you that. Be careful what you think you know about me, you don’t know anything about the extent of my knowledge in this area!

We all know the Crown would not have brought this case otherwise.

Confine you’re opinions to less intelligent people you may know.

Apart from sarcasm you never add anything to these boards on any subject other than one liners and links.

Other people on here put some content to their posts.
carmella
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Mar 2020, 02:39pm) *
Totally agree about no one being named Carmella, and i hope that Rape Crisis Scotland aren't being used for political revenge by a spiteful Director, protecting and encouraging genuine victims of sexual abuse should be their only concern, not helping a spiteful person get some personal revenge.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers...mg/appointments

https://twitter.com/MarkYou05730747/status/...2868097/photo/1

Precisely Jagz!

ashfield
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Mar 2020, 10:59am) *
After an 18 month police investigation, interviews of 400 people, followed by a full trial and a 'Not Guilty' verdict by majority female jury isn't it time to accept their plan failed and retrying it in the media is doing no good to the genuine victims of sexual abuse.

I didn't realise there has been significant "media" traffic on this, it just seemed odd to me that two different newspapers were running almost identical stories. Given that there appears to be only one topic in town, it was doubly odd. In the midst of all this I'm grasping at straws for motive, how can you destroy the political career of a guy who has no political career? It would be ironic if all this serves to resurrect his ambitions huh.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Mar 2020, 04:54pm) *
I know a lot about Scottish Criminal Law, I could have told you that. Be careful what you think you know about me, you don’t know anything about the extent of my knowledge in this area!

We all know the Crown would not have brought this case otherwise.

Confine you’re opinions to less intelligent people you may know.

Apart from sarcasm you never add anything to these boards on any subject other than one liners and links.

Other people on here put some content to their posts.

What does knowledge of Scottish Criminal Law have to do with a case in an English court?
Why should I be careful? Is that a threat? Knowledge does not mean intelligence.

Are you saying that the Crown Office is above political shenanigans? This is the reason for my accusation of na´vetÚ.

My opinions are already shared with many of low intelligence. Unfortunately I have no control over who reads them on here.

One-liners and links are preferable to some of the garbage (also known as "content") on here. Quality not quantity!

I do not wish to know any more about you than I already do. I assume the feeling is reciprocal.

Good day !
carmella
You knew perfectly well I was not talking about England.

The law in England is different from Scots Law.

That might be a separate topic.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (carmella @ 30th Mar 2020, 07:43pm) *
You knew perfectly well I was not talking about England.

The law in England is different from Scots Law.

That might be a separate topic.

You did not make that clear. Kindly do not presume what I know perfectly well.

I think I have pointed that out already, that Scots
Law is different, being based on Roman Law.

-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.