Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Local Elections 2017
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Glasgow Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
bilbo.s
"No one in Ferguslie Park voted for a Tory. The Tory got in on the 9th count and got in by default and it's because of how the voting works with STV.
The ward of Ferguslie Park is included with a very middle class area of newly built properties in Paisley north and they are who voted the Tory not the good people of Ferguslie Park !
The MSM would have us believe that a deprived area like the Park voted Tory when in actual fact the Tory candidate wasn't even in the area for the polling station or the count!
Utterly disgusting how they have used these good people to discredit the SNP!"

An opinion from a local.
bilbo.s
http://election.news.sky.com/
john.mcn
I take it that the local is an SNP supporter laugh.gif

Paisley Northwest, which includes Ferguslie park, has under the single transferable vote elected a conservative councillor.. This is a fact.

Over in East Renfrewshire the SNP has lost a seat and the conservatives are now the largest party with each ward now electing at least 1 conservative.

How could anyone one have predicted that the public would react this way after having their EU remain vote hijacked and a year of INDY2 chants from Nicola Sturgeon and her Sturgettes, well loads of people inc myself have been saying this very thing.
The SNP will of course hail this a victory as they have increased their councillors, but if they're not worried that the Tories more than doubling their tally then they're just falling into that same trap Labour did by thinking they're untouchable.
Give it a few years and these areas promised the earth and not had it delivered will dump the SNP just as it did Labour.
bilbo.s
Yer bum in a tinny!

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/201...-super-triumph/

Just to add, Shettleston Ward includes Sandyhills, Mount Vernon, Carmyle etc, not only the deprived district of Shettleston.
GG
Says it all really...

Click to view attachment

GG.
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 6th May 2017, 09:06am) *
Yer bum in a tinny!

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/201...-super-triumph/

Just to add, Shettleston Ward includes Sandyhills, Mount Vernon, Carmyle etc, not only the deprived district of Shettleston.

So what is Craig Murrays point? Is he against new properties near to 'deprived' areas, does that mean he disagreed with the crap load spent on 'Feegie' in the 90's building new homes or the close by Phoenix retail park with an Asda, pictures, car showrooms and restaurants offering loads of jobs.

The Tory candidate 'only' got 13%, well the Labour party candidate came second but due to the STV only got elected after the 8th count, after the SNP's 2nd candidate.. Whats my point, PR is fine and dandy for some SNP supporters when it suits their purpose but as soon as it doesn't then it a dodgy way of counting votes. The Tories quite rightly get a representative in the area because the people wanted one!

JAGZ1876
Great result for the SNP, as Ruths Party campaigned on a "NO to a second referendum", then after only getting 276 seats to the SNP's 431 will she now accept the democratic will of the people of Scotland? unsure.gif
john.mcn
Did the SNP win more than 50% of the vote, councillors or do they have control of any councils?
fourbytwo
It was interesting to see Labour Councillors from last election, scrambling to see if they were still in the 'honey pot' which is the City Chambers.
Not too certain having more Tory councillors in the Chambers, will result in anything other than 'negative' objections to everything proposed.
The main point to my submission is this......
Will the new 'SNP or whatever' control the Chambers, and be able to for once in 40 years, open the books to see where Glasgow's monies have been going..?
If I had anything to do with it, the first sets of books would have to explain where these 'at arms length' organisations and committees got their funding.
Showing how the Labour Council fiddled the budgets and robbed the Glaswegians of monies for road repairs, social funding, elderly care to name only a few.
The 'at arms length' funding allowed the corrupt Labour Council to fund 'pet projects' that disappeared from normal budget scrutiny, and allowed certain councillors to hold power in some locations, many with a 'good remuneration' for their services, whatever that may mean.
Here is hoping that the SNP will be brave enough to open this can of worms.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th May 2017, 11:41am) *
Did the SNP win more than 50% of the vote, councillors or do they have control of any councils?

In all honesty John, are you saying the SNP had a bad night?
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th May 2017, 12:11pm) *
So what is Craig Murrays point? Is he against new properties near to 'deprived' areas, does that mean he disagreed with the crap load spent on 'Feegie' in the 90's building new homes or the close by Phoenix retail park with an Asda, pictures, car showrooms and restaurants offering loads of jobs.

The Tory candidate 'only' got 13%, well the Labour party candidate came second but due to the STV only got elected after the 8th count, after the SNP's 2nd candidate.. Whats my point, PR is fine and dandy for some SNP supporters when it suits their purpose but as soon as it doesn't then it a dodgy way of counting votes. The Tories quite rightly get a representative in the area because the people wanted one!

The point, as anyone including you knows, is that the media are hailing a victory for the Tories in deprived areas, when the wards in question are not wholly in that category. That is the only point, no matter how you try to divert attention with all sort of crap about developments and new properties. wacko.gif
john.mcn
No crap at all, unlike the aforementioned professional blogger I know where the area is (hence me calling it Feegie) and also I'm fully aware of the millions pumped into it in the 90's (not to mention the scandal of the security company there )as well as the development of the new estate and the businesses built up just along from it.
He is saying that because some of the area has more expensive houses then thats the reason they got it, he somehow neglects to mention that the Tories got nowhere in the ward in 2012 so either the electorate had a massive lottery windfall or that there was another reason enough of them voted Conservative to get one elected.
Now that reason according to the Mirror could be that the people aren't enough to read and mistook a Tory for a local independent candidate with a similar name, or it could be that people did in fact vote Tory as a result of the SNP's drive for another referendum.
john.mcn
coudn't edit the above
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th May 2017, 03:44pm) *
Now that reason according to the Mirror could be that the people aren't smart enough to read and mistook a Tory for a local independent candidate with a similar name, or it could be that people did in fact vote Tory as a result of the SNP's drive for another referendum.

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th May 2017, 12:38pm) *
In all honesty John, are you saying the SNP had a bad night?

LOL so you're not replying to my question then..

will Nicola Sturgeon now accept the democratic will of the people of Scotland now that the majority of them did not vote for the SNP

Its basically the same question you're asking of the Tories but you forget that the SNP did not win a majority anywhere.

Did they have a good night, they unseated Glasgow Labour and thats a scalp wee Nic would sacrifice a lot of other areas for.
Billy Boil
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th May 2017, 10:18am) *
Great result for the SNP, as Ruths Party campaigned on a "NO to a second referendum", then after only getting 276 seats to the SNP's 431 will she now accept the democratic will of the people of Scotland? unsure.gif

When did the will of the people ever conform to the will of the politicians or should that be the rule of the politicians conforming to the will of the people; Brexit????
GG
Orange Order elected to councils as Labour and Tory members

Members of the Orange Order have won council seats in the local elections by standing for the Labour and Tory parties, the Sunday Herald can reveal. The Orange Order has boasted that its elected councillors will work to derail a second independence referendum, the organisation’s Scottish leader said.

Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland Grand Master Jim McHarg said the organisation now wanted to stir the Unionist population against independence.

A “huge number” of Lodge supporters are Tories, McHarg said, as he praised Ruth Davidson for basing her council election campaign on opposition to a second referendum.

However, McHarg said most of the Protestant Order’s members are Labour supporters as he revealed the organisation’s attempt to extend its political influence. He said the majority of Orange Lodge members who had successfully been elected as councillors were Labour, but added that at least one Tory had also been voted in.

McHarg said at least six of members had been elected as councillors, with dozens more sympathisers also returned in the local elections.

The Grand Master said the Orange Order now had more elected politicians in Scotland among its membership than at any time in nearly 20 years. He said the organisation had members on councils in North and East Ayrshire, as well as in South and North Lanarkshire.

Members of the Orange Order could now sit on council committees that will make decisions on local education policy, including the funding of Catholic schools.

Labour and the Conservatives may end up running some local authorities after they became the largest party in nine areas, including South Ayrshire and North Lanarkshire.

The Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland’s website describes state sponsored Catholic education as “a thorn in the flesh”. It also criticises legislation which “fully legitimised religious apartheid in Scottish schools by enriching the Catholic Church by paying the full price for its school buildings”.

McHarg refused to reveal the identities of those winning seats, but claimed the victories were a growing sign of pro-Union strength. [...]

Full story here:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1527006...nd_Tory_members

GG.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th May 2017, 04:57pm) *
Did they have a good night, they unseated Glasgow Labour and thats a scalp wee Nic would sacrifice a lot of other areas for.

But she didn't have to sacrifice any other area though.

If thats a bad night then i can't wait for another bad night in the GE. laugh.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th May 2017, 03:29pm) *
But she didn't have to sacrifice any other area though.

If thats a bad night then i can't wait for another bad night in the GE. laugh.gif

Whit??

The SNP unseated Labour in its home city so it's a win for Wee Nic, lets just forget the losses across the country. 12 new seats in Glasgow but nationwide only a rise of 6 , thats direct figures not notional ones calculated due to the boundary changes which showed a loss.
Aberdeenshire Council -8
Angus Council -6
Argyll and Bute Council -2
Dundee City Council -2
East Ayrshire Council -1
East Lothian Council -3
East Renfrewshire Council -1
Falkirk Council -1
Midlothian Council -2
Moray Council -1
North Ayrshire Council -4
Perth and Kinross Council -2
Stirling Council -1
West Lothian Council -2

Meanwhile the Tories win seats in every council area bar the Islands, thats why they are hailing it a success.
I'm sure that in 2007 when the SNP increased their seats by slightly more numbers they too were hailing it a success
JAGZ1876
If you're happy with a poor second place then you'll be ecstatic at the GE John. laugh.gif
john.mcn

And there you have the same pack mentality of Wee Nic, hey everythings great now wheres that fiddle. I would have thought that you would show concern that the SNP lost 4 councillors and gained 6 Tories in your own area but no, Glasgow is far more important to you and your areas sacrifice will be worth it to seize Labours jewel in the crown.

Funny thing I read about the result in your area was
'North Ayrshire’s SNP leader Marie Burns believes the Conservatives’ ‘one issue campaign’ polarised the vote in North Ayrshire.'
The Tories polarised the vote???, LMAO Wee Nic does not get to shout about Indy2 for a year then shuts up when May calls the election, the public has been polarised but it's the SNP refusing to accept the 2014 referendum thats done it.

Maybe if you broadened your viewing to outside SNP/WoS sites then you might find out that the Conservatives got more votes in the far lower turnout council elections than they did in the General Election 2 years ago. You might also see that while the SNP got the lions share of seats the Conservatives were only 7% behind them in votes.

That doesn't matter of course, to you and Wee Nic it's all those dastardly Red Tories to fault for switching 'sides', I'm sure if they switched to your side it would be no problem of course. The funny thing is that the SNP groups will be hoping to go into coalitions with these people they've been calling all sorts for over 2 years, can you blame them if they flip you the bird and work with the Tories just as the SNP did from 2007 to 2011.

Dykejumper
Thats not going to happen whilst the Selfie Queen is in charge, she needs the Tories to be the big bad wolves.
p.s. just to cheer you up, Pompous Robertson sees no reason why there shouldnt be a Indy3 in the 'unlikely' event they lose No2 lol
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 8th May 2017, 08:46pm) *
Thats not going to happen whilst the Selfie Queen is in charge, she needs the Tories to be the big bad wolves.
p.s. just to cheer you up, Pompous Robertson sees no reason why there shouldnt be a Indy3 in the 'unlikely' event they lose No2 lol

Tories as big bad wolves? Nae problem there then! I telt ye afore- oor Nicola has nae need of selfies!

Why should there not be a succession of referenda? We have a plethora of elections!

Pompous Robertson? This from a supporter of pompous, chinless wonders! Gan ya fiel gype!
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 8th May 2017, 10:13pm) *
Why should there not be a succession of referenda? We have a plethora of elections!

Because the Scottish government signed the Edinburgh agreement and that the current and previous first minister are on record saying it was once in a generation or lifetime event, when pressed he explained he meant around 15 years, its not even been 3.
So it looks like pushing for this means that they go back on signed agreements between governments and that they are liars.

bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th May 2017, 01:29am) *
Because the Scottish government signed the Edinburgh agreement and that the current and previous first minister are on record saying it was once in a generation or lifetime event, when pressed he explained he meant around 15 years, its not even been 3.
So it looks like pushing for this means that they go back on signed agreements between governments and that they are liars.

Absolute bollocks! ( Sorry, Danny Boy). Do you mean to tell us that the Edinburgh Agreement contains mention of this so-called promise?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 8th May 2017, 07:15pm) *
I would have thought that you would show concern that the SNP lost 4 councillors and gained 6 Tories in your own area but no, Glasgow is far more important to you and your areas sacrifice will be worth it to seize Labours jewel in the crown.

You clearly have no idea how the STV voting system works if you think the Tories are on the rise in North Ayrshire, as for Glasgow, get over it.

How about a 50 bet for charity if you think the Tories will beat the SNP in North Ayrshire, if you win i will donate it to the charity of Martins choice, if i win you do the same.

How about it John, put your money where your mouth is if you believe the Tories are on the rise?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th May 2017, 12:29am) *

There is a difference between an individual expressing an opinion and a written agreement, as for liars, hows the vow coming along?
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 9th May 2017, 07:41am) *
Absolute bollocks! ( Sorry, Danny Boy). Do you mean to tell us that the Edinburgh Agreement contains mention of this so-called promise?

The Edinburgh agreement was signed by both governments where they agreed to abide by the result whether it was a YES or NO. By using the votes of Remainers (many of which voted NO) to push for another Ref it shows that they had no intention of ever agreeing to the agreement they signed.
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 9th May 2017, 10:34am) *
You clearly have no idea how the STV voting system works if you think the Tories are on the rise in North Ayrshire, as for Glasgow, get over it.

How about a 50 bet for charity if you think the Tories will beat the SNP in North Ayrshire, if you win i will donate it to the charity of Martins choice, if i win you do the same.

How about it John, put your money where your mouth is if you believe the Tories are on the rise?

Ohh noes Jagz has told me to put my money where my mouth is, just as well he didn't say where his was because I dont think security would let me near Wee Nics ass laugh.gif

What next Jagz, are going to offer me a square go, pistols at dawn, or maybe handbags at noon, do i need to get some hauners biggrin.gif
No Jagz I dont bet but feel free to follow through on your suggestion and gift a charity your money, a bit confused with that though as I'm sure you were greeting about your shopping bill going up 7% not too long ago.

Nice attempt at diversion though but I did notice you avoided my points and instead tried to bring the UK election into it. I dont need any magic ball or degree in the occult to foretell the Tories rise not only in Scotland but in your own area. In 2012 the Tories managed just 3,834 votes and 1 councillor, in 2017 they increased that to 10469 votes and 7 councillors

Ward and voters first preference for the Conservative candidate below
Irvine West 1025
Irvine East 1065
Kilwinning 1224
Stevenston 573
Ardrossan and Arran 1309
Dalry and West Kilbride 1137
Kilbirnie and Beith 705
North Coast and Cumbraes 2686
Saltcoats 655
Irvine South 720

By the way the above numbers are first preference, you might notice that the seat that Wee Nics Da stood for and lost (which he then ranted aboot the yoon conspiracy) actually voted a Tory in place of the SNP pushing the other SNP candidate into 3rd place.

So Jagz there you have it, the tories have risen in numbers this year because more people have voted for them. In future you might want to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 9th May 2017, 10:37am) *
There is a difference between an individual expressing an opinion and a written agreement, as for liars, hows the vow coming along?

So when the first minister says something like 'We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum' it's just an opinion and actually means bugger all .. Glad you agree jagz as I've been saying that all along laugh.gif

The vow was a pledge and from that came the Smith commission. The SNP as you know was involved in a debate where they and the others came to agreement as to what power transfers were to come from Westminster to Holyrood. The SNP voted for this in Holyrood and more importantly, the new 56 SNP MP's voted for the agreed transfer in the Scotland act 2016 so I guess that the SNP themselves think the vow (or was it an opinion ) was fullfilled. BTW tha was a bit of a pathetic responce as I think there should be more powers devolved and that the SNP has missed a big massive chance to lobby for more after Brexit due to their blinkered view of Indy at any cost.
bilbo.s
"no intention of ever agreeing to the agreement they signed." wacko.gif
john.mcn
Well Bilbo given that they're using the feeble excuse of the remain voters votes to push for another referendum I think if it wasn't this it would something else. Wee Nic wasn't going to wait till the public was ready, she didn't ask the public if they wanted one, she told us we were getting another one. She could easily just make it part of the 2017 manifesto and give us the choice by either voting for or rejecting them. Nah this isn't about that because they've already decided and Alex Salmond is sent out to tell us that this vote isnt about Indy but the right of the Scottish parliament, so if you vote against the SNP then you must be against the Scottish parliament huh.gif
bilbo.s
Don't you mean that Nicola wasn't going to wait until john.mcn was ready? She'd be an auld wummin! tongue.gif

P.S. I see you completely failed to understand my previous post. wacko.gif
john.mcn

QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th May 2017, 05:55am) *
Don't you mean that Nicola wasn't going to wait until john.mcn was ready? She'd be an auld wummin! tongue.gif

Wee Nic is younger than me but your point seems to be that 'we' should drive aff a cliff to appease those old yins who want to see Indy before they die and leave the bill to the rest of us.
P.S. I see you completely failed to understand my previous post. wacko.gif

You're right bilbo I didn't understand your point, the human race has progressed past the rather simple use of hieroglyphics as a language so posting a emoticon after quoting part of my post doesn't really say anything to me. I do find it quite funny though that someone who berates others for their use of the written word cant seem to find words to write himself.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th May 2017, 09:00pm) *
So Jagz there you have it, the tories have risen in numbers this year because more people have voted for them. In future you might want to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself

They took votes off Labour and still ended up third in a three horse race.

There's no point in me telling you to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself, as you never do.
bilbo.s
My point was that , seemingly, we all have to wait for independence until we have your all-clear that every single policy of the SNP meets with your approval. That would constitute a tall order in anybody's book. Whether Nicola is younger or older than you does not affect the fact that she would be an old woman, before her ideas coincide exactly with yours, heaven forbid!

BTW a picture can paint a thousand words. Maybe you should try it, as you are showing signs of mental fatigue.

The only plus from your epistles is that we now know that your age falls between Nicola's and Jagz's. Unsure of how this should affect your therapy.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th May 2017, 01:50pm) *
The only plus from your epistles is that we now know that your age falls between Nicola's and Jagz's. Unsure of how this should affect your therapy.

The FM is 47 this year so he's not as young as he had me believing. laugh.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th May 2017, 10:24am) *
They took votes off Labour and still ended up third in a three horse race.

There's no point in me telling you to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself, as you never do.

How do you know they took votes off Labour, previous SNP voters could have switched to the Tories and Labour switched to the SNP. To suggest, as you do, that Labour voters go to the Tories then that means that the SNP has grown as much as it can and reached it's peak. If you checked the 2012 election results you would see that the SNP's figures went up while the Libdems and Tories went down so its quite feasible to suggest that the SNP took votes from Tory voters then but they reverted to the Tories in 2017

Jagz the only one in our debates who makes a fool of themselves is you. You claim this, that and the other but cant back it up with evidence. You claim GERS is good one year, then its all made up two years later when the oil price tanks. Yesterday though you go full retard though and state the Tories aren't on the rise and rather stupidly throw the gauntlet down and want to bet 50 on it. Maybe in yer nut that sounded hard and you thought I would wimper away but in reality I laughed my ass off getting strange looks from my wife in the process. Now if you took your nose out of the SNP's 'how to avoid difficult questions' handbook and actually checked the figures(as I did) you would have seen that the Tories almost tripled their vote from 2012, now I'm no maths guru but over 10,000 votes is far more than less than 4,000 so the Tories have increased their vote.
Now while I didn't take your rather pathetic attempt to shut me up you did say you would donate to charity and I think you should still do so. Dont worry I wont think any less of you if you dont.
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th May 2017, 12:50pm) *
My point was that , seemingly, we all have to wait for independence until we have your all-clear that every single policy of the SNP meets with your approval. That would constitute a tall order in anybody's book. Whether Nicola is younger or older than you does not affect the fact that she would be an old woman, before her ideas coincide exactly with yours, heaven forbid!

BTW a picture can paint a thousand words. Maybe you should try it, as you are showing signs of mental fatigue.

WOW is it any wonder I didn't understand your point when you say thats what you meant when you posted that single emoticon . I mean the Ancient Egyptians used symbols for their written language but I thought it was one symbol per word. Even the Chinese language with its intricate lines and curves that represent phrases cannot match your representation where one emoticon is equal to a paragraph.. We lowly humans really are inferior to your intellect, you were wasted as an accountant, NASA should be headhunting you to decipher Alien artifacts rolleyes.gif

BTW to answer you, there is no 'we' involving you, whether you like hearing/seeing it or not you did emigrate so the direction that Scotland chooses will have nothing to do with you nor will you be involved.
As for the rest of your 'point', well no shit sherlock, Independence will have to wait until the voting public do agree with the SNP's policy, that is called democracy and not the type you seem to talk about on here.
BTW I nor others I know are not waiting for what will never come from Wee Nic but we are still waiting for decent answers to questions put forward in 2014 that have yet to be answered. ohh and while you're in the typing mood can you answer the questions I've put to you on other threads, mainly how would the SNP's plan of being in the EU and UK while the rUK is out of the EU actually work?
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th May 2017, 06:26pm) *
The FM is 47 this year so he's not as young as he had me believing. laugh.gif

Well Jagz you do seem to believe any old BS you hear dont ya!

BTW I didn't imply or allude to anything, you are retired so must be at least 65. I am younger and have said so, if you took that as somehow meaning I was young even though I have said I supported the SNP for over 30 years then you must be using Alex Salmonds calculator
bilbo.s
Click to view attachment

I mean that sincerely, folks! laugh.gif

Dementia has taken on a new dimension. Scary!
john.mcn

I take it you wont, or cant answer the questions then.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 09:28pm) *
I take it you wont, or cant answer the questions then.

Take it any way you want, with or without apostrophes, John Boy. You always do! biggrin.gif
john.mcn

It's very simple, you cannot answer because despite you claims of superiority and obsession with small things (no pun intended, honest) you just aren't very smart.

JAGZ1876
Blood pressure old boy, blood pressure. yes.gif
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 08:00pm) *
Well Jagz you do seem to believe any old BS you hear dont ya!

Not when it comes from you though. laugh.gif
john.mcn

Really Jagz, look at your previous post where you state this or that and see how they stood up against facts. Look at your most recent 'gaff', the Tories aren't on the rise in North Ayrshire, well a simple look at the voting figures would show that they have risen and even beat the SNP in some wards but you opted to just make a fool of yourself by saying they weren't. Hows that donation to charity coming along then?
Billy Boil
My aunt was first to move into "Feegie Park" when it was completed partially to move inhabitants of the slums surrounding the old Paisley Gas works to what were to become future slums. I will not enter into the demographic here ( the usual political "savants" pontificating aside.) save to say that the idea of any denizen of "Feegi" voting tory, except by accident is ludicrous. And before my bona fides are again questioned as to why I should be commenting on the social and political mores of my motherland, I used to run with the "Feegi Boays".
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th May 2017, 07:56pm) *
look at the voting figures would show that they have risen and even beat the SNP in some wards but you opted to just make a fool of yourself by saying they weren't.

Hows that donation to charity coming along then?

We'll see who's right on the 9th June.

It isn't, you bottled out of it, remember.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 07:41pm) *
I laughed my ass off getting strange looks from my wife in the process

I thought you'd be used to that by now. yes.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th May 2017, 11:39am) *
We'll see who's right on the 9th June.

It isn't, you bottled out of it, remember.

What, whether the Tories have increased their votes? I believe they will, I also believe that the SNP will lose seats, I think the SNP know this too and they will concentrate their efforts in an attempt to show they have the backing of the majority(they dont). East Renfrewshire is vulnerable not only because theres a feeling she hasn't done much but also because even though the SNP property tax affected most householders here she stayed schtum, how can we have a UK politician that will not criticise a Holyrood policy when it costs some of her constituents hundreds of 's.
The North east may switch as well, some areas there voted to leave the EU and returned conservative councillors. Previous Libdem seats may go back if they feel their SNP representative does not represent their wishes. The Border areas are Tory, it just depends on whether they get out to vote or not.
How many seats they lose is just down to how constituency borders are drawn.

By the way, believe me when I say I did not bottle it. I do not gamble simply because I have seen members of my family and workmates lives ruined though it, if you waved a whisky under the nose of a non drinker would you say they bottled it if they refused, what if a junkie offered you some smack would you be a bottler if you didn't shoot it up.. Stop being so pathetic. You threw down the gauntlet over a debate about the rise in conservatives votes in North Ayrshire, I proved that they almost tripled their votes and that the Tories got more votes across Scotland in the council elections than they did in the UK election, that in anybody elses books is a rise. You are the one trying to conflate a rise over them winning the seat, not I. I suppose that we'll just have to accept you're all 'mouth' and your 'bet' was just one other way you're trying to shut down bad news about the SNP.
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th May 2017, 11:42am) *
I thought you'd be used to that by now. yes.gif

Laughing at your posts, well Jagz even though I've seen some comedy sketches many times I still laugh at them, you just get added to the list biggrin.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th May 2017, 07:26pm) *
What, whether the Tories have increased their votes? I believe they will, I also believe that the SNP will lose seats, I think the SNP know this too and they will concentrate their efforts in an attempt to show they have the backing of the majority(they dont). East Renfrewshire is vulnerable not only because theres a feeling she hasn't done much but also because even though the SNP property tax affected most householders here she stayed schtum, how can we have a UK politician that will not criticise a Holyrood policy when it costs some of her constituents hundreds of 's.
The North east may switch as well, some areas there voted to leave the EU and returned conservative councillors. Previous Libdem seats may go back if they feel their SNP representative does not represent their wishes. The Border areas are Tory, it just depends on whether they get out to vote or not.
How many seats they lose is just down to how constituency borders are drawn.

By the way, believe me when I say I did not bottle it. I do not gamble simply because I have seen members of my family and workmates lives ruined though it, if you waved a whisky under the nose of a non drinker would you say they bottled it if they refused, what if a junkie offered you some smack would you be a bottler if you didn't shoot it up.. Stop being so pathetic. You threw down the gauntlet over a debate about the rise in conservatives votes in North Ayrshire, I proved that they almost tripled their votes and that the Tories got more votes across Scotland in the council elections than they did in the UK election, that in anybody elses books is a rise. You are the one trying to conflate a rise over them winning the seat, not I. I suppose that we'll just have to accept you're all 'mouth' and your 'bet' was just one other way you're trying to shut down bad news about the SNP.

Boy, the imagery gets more colourful by the day. Not quite Nobel or Pulitzer Prizes, more Spillane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.