Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brewery Fire Around 1956
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat
bonnyscot
My father was Radnor Porter and he lived in Maryhill the Milton area. He was born in 1947. Apparently, he was a bit of a wee rascal and accidentally set a brewery on fire when he was on 9 ... oops.. and ended up inside for his deeds. Does anyone have any memory of a brewery fire - around 1955/56 in Maryhill or Milton area. The place burnt to the ground but I can't find anything in old newspapers ...I'm in Sydney now so it makes it tricky to research and I'm keen to know more to add to my family tree
DavieBoy
bonnyscot, check the thread "Anyone from Maryhill", in Glasgow discussions, post numbers 616 -618, they make reference to a chocolate factory fire and a brewery fire in 1958, there's not a huge amount of info, but there is a reference to two kids and a mother being arrested. You could send Dimairt a PM as he posted the info and might be able to assist you further.
bonnyscot
That's great - I'll check it out. Many thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.