Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scotland
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat
angel
Now if Scotland only had the weather it would be perfect thumbup.gif

Melody
smile.gif Aye Angel but if we didn't have the weather we've got we wouldn't have that fabulous beauty.
angel
QUOTE (Melody @ 17th Mar 2016, 07:32am) *
smile.gif Aye Angel but if we didn't have the weather we've got we wouldn't have that fabulous beauty.

That's true Melody smile.gif anyway , for what it's worth , I bought a raincoat from Robertson's in Glasgow years ago , which I kept in my parents house . I wore it when on my visits to them from Canada , it did come in handy especially as they grew older and as my visits became pretty regular during those times I got lots of wear from that coat but now I do not have it , probably went to some charitable organization after they had died .
Melody
smile.gif Ah it served you well Angel. Robertson's is still there in Queen Street although hopefully on your next visit you won't need one. smile.gif
dizzybint
We can still get to nice wee places fast if we see a bit of sun though.... doon under Erskine Bridge
Billy Boil
QUOTE (angel @ 17th Mar 2016, 05:38pm) *
That's true Melody smile.gif anyway , for what it's worth , I bought a raincoat from Robertson's in Glasgow years ago , which I kept in my parents house . I wore it when on my visits to them from Canada , it did come in handy especially as they grew older and as my visits became pretty regular during those times I got lots of wear from that coat but now I do not have it , probably went to some charitable organization after they had died .

I was once driving through the Fraser Valley on July when I was asked by a young man "how can you possibly wear a jacket in this heat?" I was still living in Melbourne at the time where summers have been known to hover in the mid 30s up to 40s in summer. I now live in subtropical climate near the Queensland N.S.W. border. It hasn't rained here in months but we still have a surrounding of rain forest that tends at times to overgrow the views and develop in to a heavy cloak of verdant growth that is lovely to look at but can be over whelming after severe rains.

Another time when I was ensconced in Sannich on the Island, I was asked what I thought of the "heatwave" (apparently they had equalled their record) It was all of 34.C.
Elma
October 2015 was a beautiful month in Scotland. I was there for the month and it only rained on one day. I was in Inverness that day, but when I was in Edinburgh and Glasgow I had lovely weather, I was going out without my coat most days. Thought I would just let you know thumbup.gif
angel

https://youtu.be/jd6rLhh5WUQ

In my email today , it's the first time
I have heard this young boy . smile.gif
Melody
Angel, that wean is just brilliant. The only problem is, I've now got to explain to Mr Melody as to why I'm crying like a baby into my porridge. yes.gif
angel
QUOTE (Melody @ 2nd Sep 2016, 06:30am) *
Angel, that wean is just brilliant. The only problem is, I've now got to explain to Mr Melody as to why I'm crying like a baby into my porridge. yes.gif

YES Melody it is a sad but very sweet song and that young
singer sang it so well .

However , when I heard it , I thought that my family
had sent me their condolences while I could still
read them . lol

Melody
laugh.gif Aw Angel, ah tell ye auld age disnae come alone.
Talisman
QUOTE (Elma @ 2nd Sep 2016, 12:01am) *
October 2015 was a beautiful month in Scotland. I was there for the month and it only rained on one day. I was in Inverness that day, but when I was in Edinburgh and Glasgow I had lovely weather, I was going out without my coat most days. Thought I would just let you know thumbup.gif

Historically, to the tourist in Scotland complaining about the weather; "Ye should have been here last year it wis GLORIOUS!!!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.