Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oj Simpson
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Betsy2009
Am I the only one who laughed when I read this?

''A top secret investigation is under way after a knife was found buried on the former estate of OJ Simpson , according to TMZ.

The website reports that the LAPD are currently testing the weapon – a folding buck knife – after it was handed in by a construction worker.

It’s believed it is being tested for hair and fingerprints and will later be screened for DNA at a Serology Unit. One source has even suggested to the website there may be blood residue on it.''
angel
Hi Betsy , whatever evidence ,if any is found on that knife it will not affect O.J. Simpson , he cannot be charged twice for the same crime .

However ,my understanding of that knife is , that it was found a number of years ago by a construction worker on that estate when the house was being demolished by the new owners . It was given to a policeman by that construction worker and that policeman who is now retired never turned it into the police . and he could now face charges for not doing so .
GG
[...] Of course the knife may turn out to have nothing to do with the murders, and in any case, the law of double jeopardy protects Simpson from a retrial. He is in prison anyway. Since 2008 Simpson has been serving a 33-year sentence for armed robbery and kidnapping in Las Vegas.

But he can apply for parole from next year, a moment which will surely reignite the controversy. When it comes to OJ, the fascination, the division and the heartbreak never seem to end. [...]

Full story here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35730817

GG.
Betsy2009
That policeman should certainly be in deep trouble.
I know OJ can't be tried again but if this is new evidence can they try?

Still - what's top secret?
Is it just that this has been known for a while but he media has just found out about it?
petunia
QUOTE (angel @ 4th Mar 2016, 10:01pm) *
Hi Betsy , whatever evidence ,if any is found on that knife it will not affect O.J. Simpson , he cannot be charged twice for the same crime .

However ,my understanding of that knife is , that it was found a number of years ago by a construction worker on that estate when the house was being demolished by the new owners . It was given to a policeman by that construction worker and that policeman who is now retired never turned it into the police . and he could now face charges for not doing so .

I agree with you Angel that is what I heard on the news tonight. As he can never be tried again for the murder of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. IF they get any kind of evidence from that knife and it goes nearer to proving Simpson is guilty of murdering these two people it might bring a bit more peace to the families that he did it which they have always believed anyway.

The policeman that has had that knife all these years should be charged with holding evidence which may have been vital to the case and serve some time but then California justice is iffy at the best of times.
carmella
I don't know what they hope to accomplish now with this knife. I say this not because DNA, hair etc., even after 20 years can still be found, but rather given the passage of time, any such material is bound to have become contaminated, but if the DNA extraction proves to have Nicole and Ron's blood on it, either one or the other, then it would certainly confirm OJ (or someone living on his estate at the time) had used that knife.

OJ won't be re-tried anyway, and he won't be released from jail as he's serving his 33 year sentence for fraud.

I think it's a great pity that the officer who was given the knife didn't come forward sooner, otherwise I don't know what is to be achieved, and am curious as to why he didn't hand the knife in.

Very odd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.