Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passing Of A Member
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat
norrie123
I met a girl the other day, I knew her mother was a member on here and had passed away a couple of years ago, I didn't know what her display name was but found out, it was weir 45
Weir 45 was one of my tenants in Norfolk Court Gorbals a nice lady

RIP Patsy, sorry it took so long to post this

Bye for now, norrie
wellfield
R.I.P weir 45
tombro
R.I.P weir 45 and all of those wonderful GG friends who seem to pass on without our knowledge. Lots of my original GG friends seem to have disappeared from sight and I worry about them !

Tombro wub.gif wub.gif

flam
And another great Lady from the Possilpark site her Avator/Nom -De -Plume "Sweetpea" (RIP) one of the most hilarious posters on this Possilpark site, and very sadly missed
wee mags
RIP ladies Weir45 and Sweetpea
Gemini
mercy me a few more I didn't know about R.I.P. friends.
andypisces
To all you early members out there, give us a hello now and then just to keep us in touch. Yes a surprise ahm no deid.
Rab
Hi Andy - it's me - Rab the wee lost soul you showed around Ottawa! Still vertical and warm so canny complain.
Good to hear you are OK.
I look in noo and then but probably not enough so see who still remains from the original GGers.
HALLO everyone!
Rab,
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Melody
Aye, aye Captain. smile.gif
ashfield
Rab, have you been at the ships rations again eyebrow.gif
norrie123
Hi rab, good to see you again

Bye for now, norrie
Rab
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Apr 2016, 08:33am) *
Rab, have you been at the ships rations again eyebrow.gif

Sure I have Ash! Moby Dick and a half ton of Chips went well, washed down with a few cups of hot tar, arrrrr!! thumbup.gif
Doug1
QUOTE (tombro @ 2nd Jan 2016, 09:29am) *
R.I.P weir 45 and all of those wonderful GG friends who seem to pass on without our knowledge. Lots of my original GG friends seem to have disappeared from sight and I worry about them !

Tombro wub.gif wub.gif

Well said.
wee mags
Iam here , I pop out and in to see whats going on [Nosey wee bugger ] i was sorry to hear of the passing of two of the members ,I think of all of you folks and Iam glad to know you all
andypisces
hi rab you are looking good. I see wee mags posting. I keep in touch with her and a few others on facebook.
carmella
Rab it's awful nice to see you're still the Captain of the ship - hope you're well and you're wee lady too, at least just getting on with life.

Nice to see you.
tombro
One of the first people to ever reply to my original posts was Stratson ! Are you still there, Wonderful Person ?

Tombro huh.gif huh.gif
Rab
QUOTE (carmella @ 4th Apr 2016, 10:58pm) *
Rab it's awful nice to see you're still the Captain of the ship - hope you're well and you're wee lady too, at least just getting on with life.
Nice to see you.

Coo-eee Carmella .Click to view attachment Thank you. Wee lady is now housebound so I am Big Chief Carer now and with the marvellous help given by our local Social Services we are managing with a wee bit of a struggle.

Each time I EasyJet over Prestwick on landing, I hope the ATC is as good as you were and I look for you so don't forget to wave! laugh.gif
Awrabest.
Rab.
Click to view attachment

PS I just remembered - it is nearly 10 years (come June) since the Big Meet in Toronto where I gave Wee Mags the fright of her life! Hugs and kisses to all who were there and that includes the ladies! laugh.gif
ashfield
Rab, my nephew is an ATC there so you can wave to him. I'll tell him to look out for you tongue.gif
carmella
ATC would have looked after your flight so well Rab, I was lucky to be able to take early retirement, but I miss my job and my colleagues an awful lot, even though I keep in touch with some of them online.

Chin up laddie, you'll be a great wee carer, hard as it sometimes is I know.
Rab
QUOTE (ashfield @ 5th Apr 2016, 06:50pm) *
Rab, my nephew is an ATC there so you can wave to him. I'll tell him to look out for you tongue.gif

thumbup.gif I'll be the eejit waving oot the windae! laugh.gif
Mary48
Sorry I haven't popped in more often.
I'm still in touch with one of the other women on here but I can't remember her nick...Leen??I
carmella
Click to view attachment

I always think it is so sad each year, to see the Birthday of the late Paul Kelly, who left Glasgow to live and work with his family many years ago in Botswana. Had he not been killed in a car accident in 2009, he was and would have been yet another great attribute to these boards.
I think it's sad to see a member's name showing a birthday so many years after their death.

Those of us who got the shock of his death and for a very long time afterwards missed his knowledge and polite comments. There have been so many members lost to us over the years.

So sad life can be so short.
norrie123
Hi Carmella, another board I am on, it happens as the account is still open or a member mentions it , we have not had any complaints

Bye for now, norrie
carmella
That's right Norrie, it's the same with some of the other boards I'm on. The thing is if the account is never actually closed it will continue. In a way it's nice to keep the memories of a particular person. It struck me that if he hadn't been killed in a car accident he would have been 47 on the 12th.
norrie123
Hi Carmella,we only close an account if we have binned somebody, sometime we have no idea if somebody has died, we look upon it as gone but not forgotten,so many folk join, post for a while and fade away and we have no idea whats happened to them
Bye for now, Norrie
carmella
Thanks Norrie, yes it's same on the other sites, there's no way to tell.
Gallusbisom
Hi, Still alive and kicking here and running after three wee gran weans, with another due in two months. Life is good. smile.gif
norrie123
Nice to see you Gallusbisom
toerag
Got sad news today on the passing of another long time member. Jean (jakka) passed away at Christmas, here in Ontario. Chookie got the message and shared with us, so as she was unable to get signed on I am posting for her. We had many meets and mini meets in Toronto and as soon as weather permits we will have another one and have a wee toast to Jakka, RIP Jakka
Thomas
I've not been on the site for quite some time (possibly over a year or so) but I often wonder what ever happened to Ian Cameron. He usually posted in the Jokes section of the forum and I always tuned in to read his jokes which left me in stitches for hours.

Anyone know anything of Ian? He was last active many years ago.
lizeeloo
Hello toerag and anyone else who remembers me.

Been a long time since I posted. Had trouble getting in for a while as I had forgotten password but suddenly I remembered and here I am still alive and kickin.

I also heard via Chookie about Jean/Jakka's passing and can only remember her as a lovely lady.
We had fun on our Toronto meet ups and she made the best tablet ever. Always had a little gift package for us. We did keep in touch for a while via email but she became ill and so we lost contact.

Rest in Peace Jean mellow.gif

sumac
Oh no! I have been away from GG for ever such a long time and wonder about my virtual friends. It’s so sad to read of the passing of a few I knew on the Boards.
Does anybody know about Java, Stratson, whatsisname, Melody, lindamac?
TeeHeeHee
Hi, Sumac, I've been wondering where they are as well but you can find Linda in fb.
sumac
Thanks, Teeheehee. At least I know Linda’s OK. I do wonder about the others, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.