Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subject: Changes to Canada
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
john.mcn

I brought it up as you mentioned effeminate tendency in a man like its a bad thing, ohh and i'm not that either though i do admit to being young at heart at times and hope i dont turn into a crabbit old bat who spits their teeth oot at the monitor
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Dec 2015, 01:36am) *
I brought it up as you mentioned effeminate tendency in a man like its a bad thing, ohh and i'm not that either though i do admit to being young at heart at times and hope i dont turn into a crabbit old bat who spits their teeth oot at the monitor

Oh' dear . to spit my teeth out at the monitor would be
far to painful for me , I would need dental surgery to
perform such a feat and you ain't worth that .
Nor , are your posts worth a reply so in future on this thread
feel free to talk to yourself as far as I am concerned .
wombat
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 24th Dec 2015, 09:43pm) *
You know wombat, the silent funny types only stay funny when they're silent.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
petunia
I was NOT going to write any more on this site re the refugees BUT listening to the news tonight it was "high profile Syrians arrive in Canada" WHO well it turns out that the aunt uncle and their 5 kids of the little boy who was found on the beach arrived in Vancouver today in a fanfare NOT the father of the wee soul who died who has gone back to Syria but his sister/brother and their family WHOM incidentally had been turned down from entry into Canada
a while ago WHY we do not know but obviously got lucky after the world outcry at the death of that little boy, now they say all they have to do learn English but the mother who was interviewed spoke perfect English when being interviewed, are we getting dooped or what, maybe you can give an actual written response Wombat instead of your usual images to peoples posts since you re in Australia and think it is some kind of joke.
wombat
QUOTE (petunia @ 28th Dec 2015, 11:26pm) *
maybe you can give an actual written response Wombat instead of your usual images to peoples posts since you re in Australia and think it is some kind of joke.

laugh.gif laugh.gif look petunia they're waving at you tongue.gif
petunia
QUOTE (wombat @ 29th Dec 2015, 09:29pm) *

Must have been some beach party you were having with all your pals showing up at once. cool.gif
wombat
laugh.gif will U B making tea and scones for all of the refugees?
petunia
QUOTE (wombat @ 29th Dec 2015, 11:00pm) *
laugh.gif will U B making tea and scones for all of the refugees?

They're your pals so you make the tea and scones and mibbe a wee dram if you haven't "DRUNK" it all
yourself. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
wombat
laugh.gif my GROG supply wid B safe hen muslims don't drink alcohol laugh.gif
john.mcn

You've obviously never met any muslims then..
petunia
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 29th Dec 2015, 11:38pm) *
You've obviously never met any muslims then..

John's right Wombat have known a Muslim guy for many years and he smoked like a chimney and
drank beer like it was going out of style so that is another myth about Muslims they also swear just
like a lot of Christians and any other religion you want to mention.
carmella
Absolutely the case Petunia, they are only 'good' muslims when it suits. Same in Saudi, the Royals drink but openly proclaim they don't, and the consequences of any 'ordinary' ex-pats or others being found drinking or in charge of booze are horrendous.

Muslims drink in secret a lot of the times. Let's not forget also, there are, just as in any religious following, people who would never touch the stuff.

But, it's a fallacy to say muslims don't drink alcohol. But, that's what they want us to believe.
john.mcn

You cant criticise muslims when they become 'westernised' and criticise them when they dont. I'd much rather sit at a table enjoying a beer with one ( as i have done many times over the years) than be slammed by some imam living in the dark ages.
petunia
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 30th Dec 2015, 12:31pm) *
You cant criticise muslims when they become 'westernised' and criticise them when they dont. I'd much rather sit at a table enjoying a beer with one ( as i have done many times over the years) than be slammed by some imam living in the dark ages.

My post was not to criticise Muslims drinking or not drinking it was to reply to Wombat saying that because they are Muslim they don't drink I was simply saying that I know people who are Muslim that drink, it matters not to me if people drink or not (as long as they don't drink and drive) as for the westernising of Muslims they become westernised if they want to (which is a good thing) but there are thousand that want to live in the west but continue the old ways like sharia law, one instance here a couple of years ago and man and his son went for a drive one Sunday with his 2 daughters and a wife and got out the car (father and son) and the car ended up in the canal killing them all because the girls were too westernised, neither of them had any remorse.
john.mcn
'Honour' killings are a regional/cultural thing, not a religion thing.
angel
This is part of an article regarding the Shafia family murders
in Wikipedia .

The Montreal Gazette published a column in which it said that labelling the murders as honour killing is a mistake because domestic violence against women is ubiquitous and framing it into a particular category would mean distancing oneself from a crime that is all too common. The authors argue that premeditation is put forth as a core component to differentiate honour killings from other types of murders, such as crimes of convenience or crimes of passion. However, recent studies indicate that premeditation is as much a component in other cases of domestic violence and murder as it is in "honour killings."

"Calling the murders "honour killings" accomplishes two goals. First, it makes it seem as if femicide is a highly unusual event. Second, it makes it seem as if femicide is confined to specific populations within Canada and specific national cultures or religions in the world at large. But Canadian statistics prove otherwise. According to StatsCan figures, from 2000 to 2009 an average of 58 women a year were killed in this country as a result of spousal violence. In that same period, 67 children and young people aged 12 to 17 were murdered by family members. In contrast, recent estimates tell us that there have been 12 or 13 so-called honour killings in Canada in the last decade. It does not take a genius to see that comparing 12 or 13 against the hundreds of women and children who were victims of familial violence serves only to frame "honour killing" as peculiar, when in reality it is part of a larger pattern of violence against women."[24]
Tally Rand
QUOTE (petunia @ 28th Dec 2015, 11:26pm) *
I was NOT going to write any more on this site re the refugees BUT listening to the news tonight it was "high profile Syrians arrive in Canada" WHO well it turns out that the aunt uncle and their 5 kids of the little boy who was found on the beach arrived in Vancouver today in a fanfare NOT the father of the wee soul who died who has gone back to Syria but his sister/brother and their family WHOM incidentally had been turned down from entry into Canada
a while ago WHY we do not know but obviously got lucky after the world outcry at the death of that little boy, now they say all they have to do learn English but the mother who was interviewed spoke perfect English when being interviewed, are we getting dooped or what, maybe you can give an actual written response Wombat instead of your usual images to peoples posts since you re in Australia and think it is some kind of joke.

Actually it is the old bleeding heart activist guilt trip. Don't let the facts obscure the excuse to wring hands and weep for that which you have no connection to.
Remember these "media Activist" and Save the Migrant ,Refugee Asylum seekers, and / or Illegal entrants, are derived of income, kudos
and raison d'etre if their cause, as it is doing now fails to hog the limelight.
Talisman
QUOTE (wombat @ 29th Dec 2015, 09:29pm) *

And!!!! Funny mans.
Talisman
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 30th Dec 2015, 02:14pm) *
'Honour' killings are a regional/cultural thing, not a religion thing.

When I lived in Israel "honour killing " was tolerated to the extent; that for an "honour killing" the perpetrator would get 12 years in jail with usual time off for good behaviour. This not only applied to Moslems but Christian Arabs were susceptible to this behaviour. As it happens where I caught the bus to go into town in Nazareth, there was an incident where a man and his son gunned down his son in law for beating and humiliating his daughter and immediately went to the local nick and turned himself and his son in. He got 12 years, the son less.
angel
these past weeks Canada has brought in 6000 + refugees , not the 10,000 they had said ,but it's still pretty good and I do hope that the coming year for the refugees will be successful . smile.gif
ExPOW
Two points to consider;

1. Familial Violence is not solely directed at women and/or children. There is a small but measurable percentage directed at men. One seldom hears of it 'though.

2. Canada's stated target of settling Syrian Refugees was originally set at 25,000. Minister Campbell forgot to factor in refugee readiness to depart, weather anomalies, aircraft serviceability and availability and heightened security clearance checks.

It's a wonder that any refugees made it at all.

I'm sad for the people who have lined up and waited months (or longer) or even to try to qualify to get here in the first place.

In this instance it seems negligible that language and job skills are ignored for the Syrians but insisted upon for everyone else. Canada now realises that in bringing in these folks, that a new set of problems opens up for them.

Even our military in some cases were told to find alternate accommodations because the refugees had priority on available housing, theirs as it happened.

Clearly there is no clear answer to either refugees fleeing Syria (or anywhere else) nor the problem of alleviating family violence completely.

That we are currently in a period of, as they call it, limited growth or experiencing an economic downturn means that some people affected will be even more stressed and sadly, in some cases, resort to frustration and violence as a result.

This typed exactly a year and a day after Edmonton's largest mass-family murder of 8 Vietnamese occurred with the perpetrator finally taking his own life in a Fort Saskatchewan Restaurant.

It's all just too sad.
ExPOW
Oooops!

Another synaptic connection bites the dust.

Canada's Minister of Immigration is McCallum not Campbell.

Must remember to buy more Phyllosan. sad.gif
petunia
Watching the news the last few days about these poor people men women and children starving to death in that place in Syria (can't remember the name) that they have not been able to reach before are the REAL REFUGEES and NOT the ones in Turkey etc. where they have clothes, food and shelter, the pictures coming out of their are inhumane, why are they not getting the help the desperately need.
Also we get a show here UK Border ? and watching the number of big huge lorries that cross from Calais every day with all these mostly young guy migrants hiding in them to get to Britain is absolutely amazing, they catch them let them go and they jump on the next lorry and so it goes the whole day, it must be very frustrating for the border people. They recon there is one million illegals in the UK working at anything mostly taxi driving, restaurants and low paying places and none of them has any id so that they cannot deport them back to where they came from if they have no passports so the authorities catch them then have to let them go again so it is a circle that goes round and round and round day in and day out with no end in sight, there has to be a better way. Most of these young guys are from Afganistan or so they say, they catch them sometimes by the smell emanating from them in them lorries, what a way to spend your life for these young men and even if they get to the UK I doubt if their lives will be a lot better but they seem to think it will.
angel
Aid finally reached Madaya and it's starving citizens

http://aranews.net/2016/01/17585/
petunia
My concern about the refugees coming to Canada is starting and they haven't been been here 6 months yet.
On the news tonight there is a family of 5 in Toronto who came as refugees before November when we had a Tory government in power, their ruling was that the refugees coming in then would eventually pay for their own air fares since then however our new Liberal government is bringing in the refugees at the tax payers expense. Tonight we have this family complaining that they have received a bill for $9,000 to be paid back to the government as they came in under the last government and they are saying it isn't fair.
IF the government capitulates to this family then we the taxpayers will be on the hook once again for all the families who came in under the last government which in my mind is ridiculous (no-one paid my fare) as they were aware that was the agreement they made. They seem to be living very comfortably now in Toronto with a nice apartment better off than a lot of people who have been here all their lives like the elderly couple I know of whose house foundations are in serious need of repair or the house could collapse around them, there is no government money coming to that elderly couple to be able to stay in their own home as the government are wanting more older people to do. It will be squeaky wheel syndrome as usual.
angel
A positive story about Cape Breton. and how it will deal with the refugee families and their school age children when they arrive there . smile.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/...yrian-1.3411680
angel
About the Syrian refugees paying the costs of their flights to Canada .

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/mccallum-go...ugees-1.2743139

Out of the other countries who are taking in refugees Canada is the only one who charges interest on these loans .
angel
In today news , Canada will stop it's bombing missions on Iraq and Syria by the 22 Feb. 2016. I'm not to sure that it is the right move , but the bombing that is going on by the coalition hasn't made much difference from what I read and as our Prime minister has said , the people of Iraq do not need the vengeance of the west against Isil on their country... They need the help to fight for themselves against terrorism so Canada will now be a Peace Keeping- force ,as it has been before .

I would like to think that this type of move just might cut down the millions of refugees roaming all over Europe ,

Anyway , here is a link to Canadian thoughts on this topic . if anyone is interested.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/canadian...ssion-over.html
Billy Boil
QUOTE (petunia @ 19th Jan 2016, 11:28pm) *
My concern about the refugees coming to Canada is starting and they haven't been been here 6 months yet.
On the news tonight there is a family of 5 in Toronto who came as refugees before November when we had a Tory government in power, their ruling was that the refugees coming in then would eventually pay for their own air fares since then however our new Liberal government is bringing in the refugees at the tax payers expense. Tonight we have this family complaining that they have received a bill for $9,000 to be paid back to the government as they came in under the last government and they are saying it isn't fair.
IF the government capitulates to this family then we the taxpayers will be on the hook once again for all the families who came in under the last government which in my mind is ridiculous (no-one paid my fare) as they were aware that was the agreement they made. They seem to be living very comfortably now in Toronto with a nice apartment better off than a lot of people who have been here all their lives like the elderly couple I know of whose house foundations are in serious need of repair or the house could collapse around them, there is no government money coming to that elderly couple to be able to stay in their own home as the government are wanting more older people to do. It will be squeaky wheel syndrome as usual.

In Australia we have what is referred to as "The Aborigine Problem"; this relates to Aborigines who have been here for 50,000 years. It deals with massive health issues, extreme poverty, bad educational outcomes, alcoholism, child sexual exploitation and overall hopelessness. This has been going on since 1788.

All "asylum seekers" and genuine refuges who arrived in the country prior to the "Labor" open door policy, where anybody illegally arriving in the so called "leaky boats' were allowed with all the usual allowances to line and not work in Australia. I say not work because due to figures released this week end by Govt. sources, only 7% are in any form of employment. This came as a "Shock" to the government who told us to accept them all as they were an asset to our country.

Since the influx of economic "migrants" to date they have damaged the economy by the sheer weight of unemployable (through choice) and massive families compared to the Australian norm, that financial institution were warning the government to desist in this people smuggling bonanza.
I could go on about middle class arrivals wearing top brand leisure gear and gold Rolexes, with cases stuffed with 10s of $thousands U.S. after paying their Indonesian travel agent $16,000 Ausd. to come to the land of leisure. ( Ex. head of Federal police official investigation into status of boat arrivals). In context of the Aboriginal "problem" if one years money spent on the freebooters were to be spent on the Aborigines there would cease to be an 'Aborigine problem" But then again they are BLACKFELLAS!!!!
wombat
thumbup.gif spot on billy boil.
angel
I see in the news here that the 2nd Invictus Games are being held in Orlando Florida , beginning on May 8th I do hope that they will be a tremendous success , especially for all of those wounded , injured and sick military personnel who will take part . I think these games are a brilliant idea by Prince Harry . and I'm looking forward to them taking place in Toronto in 2017.

Prince Harry was here yesterday to begin the countdown for these invictus games in Toronto . so I'm again hoping they too will be a huge success .
angel
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/05...fire-today.html

It seems that all of the residents have been Evacuated .

From this uncontrollable fire .
ExPOW
Over the past 72 hours, a wildfire in northern Alberta has escalated to cover some 10 hectares and has forced some 70,000 residents of Fort McMurray to evacuate and seek refuge elsewhere. Large portions of the town (not a city, no university nor cathedral) have been decimated by the fire which is still out of control in many places. Undermanned and outgunned by the fire's ferocity and intensity, the situation may only worsen.
One road in and one road out of town meant severe congestion and bottlenecks for evacuees trying to leave. Vehicles misdirected and running out of fuel, no centralised disaster coordination centre and our military still uninvolved, speaks to our total inefficiency and restricted ability to respond effectively to this disaster.

Sure people are chipping in wherever they can but on the whole, the collective mechanism for assessing and dealing effectively with the fire, has failed. Help agencies are doing their own thing to help wherever they can and it will take several days to get a satisfactory level of aid in place.

This is the second major fire that has devastated a town in Northern Alberta in recent years but we seem to be learning little from either one.

Pity the poor folks who were given the order to leave without much notice and then find out piecemeal, that they have lost their homes.

No Disaster Planning, inaccurate threat assessment and poor deployment of resources. Bad show Canada, surely we could have done better than this?

Raging fires and columns of smoke from civilian centres, long lines of refugees streaming away from danger and choking the highway enough to inhibit the movement of first-responders are all harsh reminders (for those who study history) of other disasters.

Fortunately, there is no reported loss of life but the population of Ft. McMurray actually grew by two yesterday. Mothers and babies are doing well.

I hope we may all learn from this.
ExPOW
Update:

Now evacuee figures have reached 88,000.

Four residential districts have suffered from 50 to 80% homes destroyed.

Winds are forecast to pick up this afternoon and fan the flames even more than yesterday.

Premier of Alberta, Rachel Notley stills suffers from a permanently implanted thumb and has not yet declared a State of Emergency.

Soldiers still not deployed although the defense Minister has received a request for help. Obviously the case for keeping uniforms ill-fitting and clean outweighs the need to get this fire under control.

People were so panicked in leaving the town that they clogged up the northbound side of the highway (#63) that impeded relief fire trucks on their way to help.

Ft. McMurray (District of Wood Buffalo) Firechief broke down during a press briefing to
describe the status and destruction so far. More than one person might be forgiven for thinking
that act was a blatant case for"don't fire me because I can't command, delegate nor manage the situation."

England, you can have him back anytime.

Heads should roll over the mishandling of this one including our Minister of Defence.
Elma
This fire has devastated the city of Fort McMurray. It has been a good transition for most of the 80,000 inhabitants and also the 20,000 shift workers who work in the oil fields who have all been evacuated in only a few hours. The highway south was closed yesterday because the fire had crossed the road so most of the remaining people had to drive north. The southern road was opened again about 7 p.m. yesterday. The hospital was evacuated early in the day, my grandson and his partner (he a paramedic and she an R.N.) were there helping, all the patients were then bussed to Edmonton. There are not many surrounding towns but they have all been able to take in the evacuatees, some to hockey arenas, etc. where they have been given places to sleep and eat. A hotel, restaurant and gas station have all burned out as have all the houses in one area of town. I disagree that it was chaos, the fire chief and all the firemen, some of whom came from other Provinces to help have done their best although the fire is yet to be contained. No firemen came from B.C although it is the neighbouring Province because there are 100 wildfires burning in the Province so all are needed here. The evacuation went very smoothly although the roads out of town went very slowly. The Police were driving up and down the roads offering gas to those who had run out and, of course, the gas stations had all run out of gas. As I said My grandson, his partner and her parents all live in Fort McMurray as do my friends daughter, her husband and three children and another friend whose daughter and family also live there. Thankfully there are no casualties but many people will have to return to no home. I see that both the federal government has offered help and has declared a state of emergency and also other Provinces have offered assistance.
I don't know where the previous poster lives but the fire situation has been on our television 24/7 since the fire started. I live in B.C. close of the Alberta border hence the number of people I know who live in Fort McMurray, one person I spoke to this afternoon, her daugher has lost her home.
ExPOW
Situation still worsening.

The nearby community of Anzac has been given its evacuation orders. A township 36 Km from Ft. McMurray with a population of only 760 but now much increased by sheltering McMurray residents who now have to relocate again. The evacuees will all be bussed to Edmonton today.

The Alexis Nakota Sioux First Nation have been told to hit the road too.

New districts of Ft. McMurray are now on fire including Gregoire and Abasand.

So far the new airport, threatened yesterday, has escaped damage.

Over 1600 properties were logged as destroyed yesterday.

Firecrews from Edmonton and Sherwood Park are onsite.

The City of Calgary has also sent fire crews and equipment and are deploying those on site as of today.

Mexico is sending firecrews.

Now the stupid stuff....

The Yukon Territory has offered to send crews and gear too. The FT. M Firechief has not responded to that offer. Please take him back England.

No soldiers are committed as yet. Please resign Secretary of Defence.

The Premier of Alberta finally removed the embedded finger and declared a State of Emergency
yesterday afternoon.

Many of the local oil companies have shutdown operations and evacuated their personnel so guess what, our gas prices will be jacked up despite the current glut of oil.

Figures.

Mysterious how the Nakota Sioux Fire just happened to start up yesterday....hmmmmm.
Betsy2009
I do hope that all your friends/relatives are safe and able to contact you so no-one worries. Such a terrible thing to happen.
Elma
I have more stats about the Fort McMurray fire. There are now 85 hectares on fire and expected to grow as the wind is still blowing the flames, there are 1,110 Firefighters on hand to fight the flames but 1,600 structures have been torched with mostly foundations only left. 88,000 residents have been evacuated and there are 25,000 in work camps in the oil and gas plants round the city. 22 water bombers have been deployed to help but the fire continues to spread.
Sorry to give you such horrific stats but I thought many could understand the enormity of the devastation. My family who live in Fort McMurray are safe in Edmonton although Kyle has gone back to work as a firefighter and Katie is at the Hospital in Edmonton where all the patients from Fort Mac have been relocated.
Billy Boil
One road in and one road out. A recipe for total disaster. This is / was the richest province in the richest country yet infrastructure I.E. diversion roads for clearing evacuees were non existent. It is a wonder that there were no deaths from immolation and a blessing. That was not a forest fire it was a full blown bushfire. "It cant happen here" is no longer an option; it has and will continue to do so. Urgent infrastructure must be put in place. Roads, refuge areas and safe evacuation procedures.
angel
Regarding this Hellish fire that has destroyed a town of some 80/90 thousand people who have been evacuated , lost their homes and most of their personal belongings . and so far according to the news no fatalities directly caused by these wild fires , I would say that a very good job has been done by the province . and now that a state of Emergency has been declared I believe Yesterday , then the whole of Canada will step in to help , which I also understand is already happening .
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 5th May 2016, 05:39pm) *
I do hope that all your friends/relatives are safe and able to contact you so no-one worries. Such a terrible thing to happen.

It is a tragedy happening before our eyes, thousand of people have lost their homes, jobs and way of life, thousand of hectares of forest burned to a crisp and goodness knows how many animals burned to death, only saving grace and I hope and pray it will stay that way is that no-one has been injured or killed.
ExPOW
In 2007, the United Nations General Assembly produced a document that declared the Rights of Indigenous People Worldwide. The document identified the rights as being rights to Self-determination, Language, Equality, Land, Traditions, Identity, Health and Education among others but here's the kicker.......

Canada was among four countries that refused to endorse that document and registered as PERMANENT OBJECTORS to it.

This was done under Harper's regime.

Today that invidious and embarrassing status will be reversed to completely support that document and its premisses whilst the "under new management" of a more enlightened Federal Government.

Finally, we are starting to do it right.
ExPOW
The damage to Ft. McMurray has been assessed at about 20% as of yesterday. Major facilities, schools, government offices, water treatment plant and generating stations were not affected. The fire has moved off northeasterly into unpopulated areas. Nevertheless, it continues to grow in size.

Sadly, two teenagers, thought to be fleeing from the fire, were killed when their vehicle collided with a lumber-carrying truck on Highway 881 last week. One teen was the daughter of the Assistant Fire Chief.

Now the stupid stuff.

A determination has been made that many fires in the Peace Country Region had been deliberately set. A makework project for some perhaps?

The fire that struck Ft. M was allowed to continue for one month before hitting the town.
(Not calling it a city as it has neither Cathedral, University nor population large enough.)

Authorities had more time than enough to address the issue before it became critical.
Some evacuees were given little or no warning to leave.

The local firechief is being hailed as a hero despite the inaction and indecisions.
Go figure.

Some 60 evacuees have contracted a communicable gastrointestinal virus whilst sheltering
in Edmonton's major relief center.

A significant convoy of RCMP Vehicle was seen leaving Ft. M today. Police have refused to say what they were up to but have at least admitted that they were "a special group".
Speculators might be forgiven for thinking the mission may have been to sweep the area for firearms.
Just sayin'.
Talisman
QUOTE (marydee @ 5th Nov 2015, 09:07pm) *
When you think of the carnage that Great Britain created all over this planet with ill regard for lives, religions or cultures in the lands that they ruled and plundered I think the Syrian refugees are quite civilized. One question if you had to seek asylum would you leave your mobile phone at home?

That is why, on independence, most if not all Commonwealth nations adopted British constitutions and systems of legality.
wombat
QUOTE (Talisman @ 11th May 2016, 10:13am) *
That is why, on independence, most if not all Commonwealth nations adopted British constitutions and systems of legality.

laugh.gif so they could dish out the same treatment to their own people? laugh.gif
angel
On the news today May12th I heard that Canada had won 20 medals in the Invictus Games but I have not heard how the other countries did , maybe some members would know and post those final results .
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 12th May 2016, 02:54pm) *
On the news today May12th I heard that Canada had won 20 medals in the Invictus Games but I have not heard how the other countries did , maybe some members would know and post those final results .

Correction .... Canada had only a small team of 28 athletes and won 10 gold medals , 8 silver and 4 bronze , total 22 medals . I think that was great .
angel
Today in the news , it seems that the wild fires in Fort McMurray are still burning and cause for concern , the dry weather conditions of course are the problem and the environment is toxic with the heavy smoke , on a scale of ten , the heavy smoke registers thirty eight way over the top and nobody knows for sure when folk will get back home . No one can go into the area without breathing apparatus . I hope the weather will co- operate soon and bring on that much needed rain .
angel
I now hear that 4,000 oil workers from the oil sands have been told to evacuate their work camps today , Monday , It's for their safety , so I suppose those fires are moving to close for comfort .
angel
In todays news the evacuees will be allowed to go back to Fort McMurray on June 1st to see just what they have lost but it will depend on weather conditions at that time although they will not be able to stay , until I guess a later date , but they will be able to see for themselves and deal with their loss with the insurance companies

I think those fire fighters who fought to save the city from complete devastation from that fire are truly hero's , "well done to all of them " and now they will be fighting the fires that are encroaching on the oil fields . " and on it goes "
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.