Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subject: Changes to Canada
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
angel
[quote name='petunia' date='20th Dec 2015, 12:00am' post='3709922']

Just one of the 200 comments on the post you gave us Angel, I guess what some of the people on
here have been saying is correct.

Now just what post and comment is it you refer to
Page 7 - I made 4 comments
page 6 - I made 3 comments
page 5 - I made 6 comments
page 4 -I made 8comments
page 3 three comments on democracy '
Now where are those 200 that you mention , EH
and also just what have other poster's on this thread been saying
and where are they ....., I don't see them .

As for Mark Smith, I don't give a damn where he works, and as for his opinion
this board is full of the same .

Now and once again , I , like the majority of Canadians
am in agreement with helping those refugees
and I truly hope that it will work out for all
those concerned in this huge humanitarian effort .

Also Madam !I have never at any time said that you or
other's are not entitled to your opinion on this topic or
any other for that matter , that is simply a figment of
your imagination .

Betsy2009
''Just one of the 200 comments on the post you gave us Angel, I guess what some of the people on
here have been saying is correct.''

So what have people been saying, Petunia?
petunia
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 20th Dec 2015, 11:58am) *
''Just one of the 200 comments on the post you gave us Angel, I guess what some of the people on
here have been saying is correct.''

So what have people been saying, Petunia?

Maybe you and "Madam" (your cohort) can get together and figure it out Betsy.

Betsy2009
QUOTE (petunia @ 20th Dec 2015, 01:03pm) *
Maybe you and "Madam" (your cohort) can get together and figure it out Betsy.

So nothing then!

Surely you can't knock angel's warm heart?
petunia
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 20th Dec 2015, 02:57pm) *
So nothing then!

Surely you can't knock angel's warm heart?

Never had that impression of Angel tongue.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 20th Dec 2015, 02:18am) *
Now just what post and comment is it you refer to
Page 7 - I made 4 comments
page 6 - I made 3 comments
page 5 - I made 6 comments
page 4 -I made 8comments
page 3 three comments on democracy '
Now where are those 200 that you mention , EH
and also just what have other poster's on this thread been saying
and where are they ....., I don't see them .

As for Mark Smith, I don't give a damn where he works, and as for his opinion
this board is full of the same .

Now and once again , I , like the majority of Canadians
am in agreement with helping those refugees
and I truly hope that it will work out for all
those concerned in this huge humanitarian effort .

Also Madam !I have never at any time said that you or
other's are not entitled to your opinion on this topic or
any other for that matter , that is simply a figment of
your imagination .

Petunia is referring to a comment from a person on that link you gave, if you click it and scroll down you'll see 201 replies to the story. Mark Smith is one of many who are questioning the politicians policy to offer places while some others are asking why so few Syrians have taken up the offer if they are 'fleeing' the war.

Maybe the Canadian government can instead offer houses and benefits to some people in Glasgow, that would free up some houses for the next lot of in bound Syrians as i'm sure many will jump at the chance.
wellfield
One of the reasons that I don't post too much on opinion type threads is that when one does they get pecked to death.
Betsy2009
''Petunia is referring to a comment from a person on that link you gave, if you click it and scroll down you'll see 201 replies to the story.''

Ah - thank you, John.

Can I go to Canada too please?
Betsy2009
''One of the reasons that I don't post too much on opinion type threads is that when one does they get pecked to death.''

I only asked a question, Wellfield. Honest!
petunia
QUOTE (wellfield @ 20th Dec 2015, 05:30pm) *
One of the reasons that I don't post too much on opinion type threads is that when one does they get pecked to death.

Thank you Wellfield I'm so glad someone read my post properly and wasn't quick to criticise and
as usual abuse in the name of caring, that is also a reason I don't post on a lot of these threads
because of the pecking to death by some if your opinion differs from theirs.
petunia
Thank you Johnmcn for your explanation of my post.
angel
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 20th Dec 2015, 04:48pm) *
''One of the reasons that I don't post too much on opinion type threads is that when one does they get pecked to death.''

I only asked a question, Wellfield. Honest!

HA Ha ! I'm sure Betsy that Wellfield knows that you only asked
a question but I think that his point is , that there are those posters
who will go to any length to prove another wrong .
I'm thinking to much time on their hands ! nothing much else to do .
probably they have a very dull life style !.

Today I made time to watch a TV programme about
the Halifax explosion during WW1 in Nova Scotia , which
is considered the worst explosion in any city since Hiroshima

By the way , I did see this same programme on CBC some
time ago .

Because we are nearing Christmas I thought that I would relate
this story .

During that Horrific time in Halifax , the city of Boston USA
sent all types of medical supplies and help to Halifax which was desperately needed
and to this day , Nova Scotia sends Boston every Christmas ,
A Nova Scotian Balsom Fir tree for Christmas to my favourite city ,
the Fir Tree is considered one of the best Christmas trees
on this planet . thumbup.gif

Betsy2009
Well I've looked at some of the posts under the article and it's same old boring Me, Me, Me.
angel
Hi Betsy , I'm not to sure by your post , if you are
relating to this terrible disaster or actually my post .
However I will post this link and just maybe others
would be interested .

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/a...ifax-explosion/
angel
john.mcn
post Today, 03:38pm

Post #106

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Maybe the Canadian government can instead offer houses and benefits to some people in Glasgow, that would free up some houses for the next lot of in bound Syrians as i'm sure many will jump at the chance.
--------------------------------

The CN Railway Co. have already donated $5million to the housing situation regarding refugees to Canada plus other private companies .
So why does Scotland have a problem dealing with it .

they too can do the same . Yesssssssssssss
john.mcn

Maybe because we dont have companies like the CN Railway Co donating millions rolleyes.gif
angel

oh dear I did expect a better comment from you '

I do however know that the UK railroads are
franchised to foreign Companies who make fortunes
from British rail but by the same token , British rail
also makes a fortune , and I understand that
public Bus transport is also foreign owned , , and all
concerned making big profits .
So I would say that they are not poverised by a long shot and
along with other companies could well afford to donate money
towards housing the immigrants if only on a temporary basis .
petunia
QUOTE (angel @ 21st Dec 2015, 12:06am) *
john.mcn
post Today, 03:38pm

Post #106

Mega City Key Holder30th Mar 2008

The CN Railway Co. have already donated $5million to the housing situation regarding refugees to Canada plus other private companies .
So why does Scotland have a problem dealing with it .

they too can do the same . Yesssssssssssss

Maybe Scotland isn't the only people and place with the problem or will be. Comments from your quoted
article.

Derek Wildstar

Let's hope the grinch Hunter Harrison follows suit. After all he will be forcing us to work Christmas Day while he and his senior staff will be at home for Christmas Day!!!!!

Like Reply 1 Dec 11, 2015 6:21pm
Don White

CN figures it's worth $5 million to keep the Federal watchdogs from questioning their safety track (no pun intended) record

Like Reply 1 Dec 11, 2015 2:32pm
Jon Xavier

Laid off hundreds, if not thousands of their own employees. Employees with families, mortgages, etc., but goes and gives $5M away to refugees. Unbelievable.

Like Reply 1 Dec 12, 2015 12:37am

Derek Wildstar

Hunter Harrison laid off 7000 or so at CP Rail and in his first year was paid over $50 million. That guy is one crooked sob!!!

Like Reply Dec 12, 2015 2:41pm
Ricardo John Deconto

Talk about a tax write off

Like Reply 1 Dec 11, 2015 2:37pm
Gerry Kiplingg

What a scum bag
john.mcn
IRT Angel

Ohh i had another comment lined up but figured it would get deleted rolleyes.gif

Are you really sitting there saying that private companies should put up millions to house foreigners because some short sighted, out of touch, knee jerk, jump on the band wagon reactionary politician says hey lets bring in 10's of thousands of refugees because thats what almost every other idiotic leader in Europe is doing?(and now regretting)
I'm of the opinion that politicians who makes these decisions make them full in the knowledge that the ones who pay for it are the people who get to choose if the politician's are in a job after the next election. If they get away with making these sort of decisions (or any decisions) without any cost to 'us, the people' then they'll continue to make stupid, ill thought out decisions simply because there's no fall back or repercussions . Politics should be about making grown up decisions and taking the fallback, not making decisions then taking no responsibility for paying for them.

Canada by offering to take people who have 'fled' war in Syria and getting rebuffed by the vast majority they contacted has shown what some of has been saying, and thats that the 'refugees' are choosing where they want to go. Why else would so many turn down the opportunity to move to a safe country, are we still to be fed the line that the people smugglers are forcing the migrants to go to a place then maybe canada should hire them to bundle some refugees on planes without a clue where they're going until they land in Ottowa.

If you still want to fill the quota of poor impoverished migrants then i say again, get your new boy PM to offer those free plane tickets, homes, education and benefits to Scots here and you'll soon have those places filled
angel
reply to 119

I see that you are replying in your usual obnoxious manner.
However , no matter how much you scream , shout ,
stamp your feet bash you head through a brick wall , cry and
insult until you are blue in the face , because , as
long as your government offers asylum to those refugees
then you are fighting a losing battle and it is also my
understanding that the majority Scottish people do
support those refugees .

ps John McCallum , our minister of immigration and refugees
said yesterday that Canada would probably take in
50,000 refugees by the end of 2016 . but not to worry asyou won't have to pay for that , Canadians will whether it be private donations or Taxes .

john.mcn

I see you are replying in your usual Forrest Gump manner rolleyes.gif

Neither you, I, or anyone else on this planet know whether the Scottish people want more refugees here or not, simply because we haven't been asked.

Canada can take as many as the politicians want for all i care because you're right i wont be paying for it, the Canadians will and when the taxes go up to do so then i guess your fellow countrymen/women will let your politicians know if they're happy about it.

They can pledge to bring in 50,000 but like your previous link shows there isn't much of an uptake on the offer.. Maybe they need to work on the delivery, the refugees are probably thinking Cana who??? Just get them to put on the next text it's the country north of America. tongue.gif
petunia
We were NOT ASKED either John.

As for McCallum saying they will be bringing in 50,000 refugees by the end of
2016 (I think he was sober at the time) we will see how much more he can get out of the private sector as the economy of Canada isn't good right now.

I don't care how many refugees they let in keep them coming but let them do what I had to do when I arrived (fend for myself) get a job, place to live etc. without getting a dime from the Government, they are even getting social insurance numbers right away, free healthcare and dental (which we have to pay through the nose for) so they are better treated than people that have and do pay taxes in the country. So yes let them all in the more the merrier but let them be treated the same as any other immigrant.
That's all we hear about on our TV news is refugees and the stuff they have collected for them (winter coats, boots furniture for their free houses etc etc)
and of course cash.
angel

Canada does not have the population that it needs .

The birth rate in this country in very low and also
the work force is aging , so in order to get the
population that is needed for this country ,we
must depend on immigration as Canada has always
depended upon it to try and keep it's economy strong ,
although at this point in time isn't doing so well
because of the sagging oil prices " last time I checked
It was $35 a barrel and probably less by now and this has
affected the value of our dollar not to mention the state of the
global economy , another problem .

We never came to this country thinking that we would need government
handouts , but the we never came without any money as many of those refugees have been forced to and if they get benefits from the government
that is good .
Population = survival for a country
and whatever benefits the
refugees get at this time in their life it will be paid back as has been
done in the past .
I remember when we came here we were given or social insurance cards and also the right to move all over this country should we choose ,
and with the right to work and earn a living, and that I hope those refugees get .
, also , I recall receiving family benefits for both our children when
we came here but it was only for one child when we lived in Scotland .

We have never relied on government handouts and worked for whatever
we had to do, even until this day , that is considering that you don't
call my state pension a handout .
As for those refugees , I believe them to be of the same metal and
will be an asset to their new country , God Bless them ,they have
gone through so much .

wellfield
"CANA WHO?.....Just a totie we bit of info' regarding your dig at CANA WHO?....In 1914,the population of CANADA was a mere 8 million,of which they sent hundred's of thousands to defend Scotland/England/Wales and Northern Ireland and in doing so lost more than (67.000 dead and 173,000 wounded in W.W.1)..then in W.W. 2 lost (45,000 and 54,000 wounded) the population then was 12 million,quite a sacrifice to help the people living on the island of Britain,Canada at the end of the war had 700,000 serving...Ooops' I almost forgot all the food that CANADA sent to us starvin' wee weans that were brought up during the war.....Thanks CANADA!
angel
QUOTE (wellfield @ 22nd Dec 2015, 03:12am) *
"CANA WHO?.....Just a totie we bit of info' regarding your dig at CANA WHO?....In 1914,the population of CANADA was a mere 8 million,of which they sent hundred's of thousands to defend Scotland/England/Wales and Northern Ireland and in doing so lost more than (67.000 dead and 173,000 wounded in W.W.1)..then in W.W. 2 lost (45,000 and 54,000 wounded) the population then was 12 million,quite a sacrifice to help the people living on the island of Britain,Canada at the end of the war had 700,000 serving...Ooops' I almost forgot all the food that CANADA sent to us starvin' wee weans that were brought up during the war.....Thanks CANADA!

Cheers Campbell biggrin.gif
A good post , and so true .
I hope that you , your wife and family
do have a wonderful Christmas .
In Sunny California .

By the way our weather here has not been so bad
actually the temp has been above seasonal ,
still waiting for winter .. biggrin.gif

https://youtu.be/Xb50TmP5J3Q
john.mcn

Dont need a history lesson thanks very much, my point that you very obviously missed ( rolleyes.gif ) is that the Syrians may not know who ,what, or where Canada is.
Might be best to keep your lessons for the ones who think Christianity invented democracy wink.gif
petunia
Thanks Wellfield and yes Canadian troops are the best.

I think the CANA what was tongue in cheek for a certain person that keeps the argument going by her nasty responses to people's posts if they don't agree with hers the dig always has to come like "that is if I don't consider the state pension a handout" which I also get as I deserve it for working all these years here, I also get one from the UK as I worked there for years before coming to Canada, nobody mentioned handouts except her.

I don't hear much about the U.S. doing too much for the refugees, where do you stand on that as in California you get a lot of illegals from Mexico looking for a better life so what is difference.
ktv
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Dec 2015, 08:32am) *
is that the Syrians may not know who ,what, or where Canada is.

why would they not know where/who/what Canada is?
wellfield
QUOTE (petunia @ 22nd Dec 2015, 06:48am) *
Thanks Wellfield and yes Canadian troops are the best.

I think the CANA what was tongue in cheek for a certain person that keeps the argument going by her nasty responses to people's posts if they don't agree with hers the dig always has to come like "that is if I don't consider the state pension a handout" which I also get as I deserve it for working all these years here, I also get one from the UK as I worked there for years before coming to Canada, nobody mentioned handouts except her.

I don't hear much about the U.S. doing too much for the refugees, where do you stand on that as in California you get a lot of illegals from Mexico looking for a better life so what is difference.
Hi Petunia'....I did mention in an earlier post regarding the refugees from Syria....I said that if we do get some here,at least they will be documented as opposed to the 11 million + from south of the border that are undocumented and most work under the table,which doesn't help our tax base,also worth a mention is the fact that when people flood into a country unchecked causes many changes,one being,California is now a 'minority'
wellfield
Ooops' forgot to put in the word 'State'.....Merry Christmas to you and Family!.....Campbell
angel
QUOTE (ktv @ 22nd Dec 2015, 03:02pm) *

Ktv in the last week I believe about 1,000 refugees have
arrived in Canada , so they obviously know where it is biggrin.gif
despite the opinions of others

Of course it might possibly be a slow migration at this time
but God only knows what they have been through these
past few years , with a war assad created . and they don't know
which way to turn , and taking all of our human frailties into
consideration and hoping that the war will end soon , coming
to Canada or elsewhere must be a very difficult decision for them
to make . After all we are human all of us , despite the opinion
of other's .
I along with the few others who have posted on this thread ,have never
experienced what those refugees have , but by the same token
they are quick to criticize them without one once of the same
experiences in which those refugees have lived these past 4/5 years .

with regards to them coming to Canada , they will
do so in their own good time . Canada isn't moving anytime soon .
Cheers thumbup.gif

angel
QUOTE (angel @ 22nd Dec 2015, 05:38pm) *
Ktv in the last week I believe about 1,000 refugees have
arrived in Canada , so they obviously know where it is biggrin.gif
despite the opinions of others

Of course it might possibly be a slow migration at this time
but God only knows what they have been through these
past few years , with a war assad created . and they don't know
which way to turn , and taking all of our human frailties into
consideration and hoping that the war will end soon , coming
to Canada or elsewhere must be a very difficult decision for them
to make . After all we are human all of us , despite the opinion
of other's .
I along with the few others who have posted on this thread ,have never
experienced what those refugees have , but by the same token
they are quick to criticize them without one once of the same
experiences in which those refugees have lived these past 4/5 years .

with regards to them coming to Canada , they will
do so in their own good time . Canada isn't moving anytime soon .
Cheers thumbup.gif

ooooooooops /// " without one ounce of the same "
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Dec 2015, 08:32am) *
Dont need a history lesson thanks very much, my point that you very obviously missed ( rolleyes.gif ) is that the Syrians may not know who ,what, or where Canada is.
Might be best to keep your lessons for the ones who think Christianity invented democracy wink.gif

No one misses your point/s ,You just change them when challenged ,

and never have I said that Christianity invented democracy .
Check it out .
john.mcn
QUOTE (ktv @ 22nd Dec 2015, 04:02pm) *

I said may, you even quoted the post. Not having experienced Syrian education i dont know whether they get any geography outside of Israel stole or land or not. They may very well know the story of conquest, empires, geography and history of what became Canada, or they may not. You should look up the word, like in this forum there are ones who dont have a scooby and there are ones who may not have a scooby, a big distinction i'm sure you'll agree.
But anyway as the take up rate for this generous offer to relocate to Canada was very very low i can only think that
A ) They didnt know where, who or what it was
B ) They knew exactly where, who and what it was but were happy in the supposedly war zone they live
C ) They knew exactly where, who and what it was but they were waiting on a better offer or had plans to make their way to Europe
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 22nd Dec 2015, 10:02pm) *
No one misses your point/s ,You just change them when challenged ,

Angel, i often put your name and challenged in the same phrase, but not the one you're thinking.
and never have I said that Christianity invented democracy .
Check it out .

I didn't mention your name at all, so why would you assume i was referring to you regarding Christianity and democracy biggrin.gif
wellfield
*PECK* *PECK* *PECK*
john.mcn

I take it that makes you a pecker?
ktv
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Dec 2015, 10:38pm) *
I said may, you even quoted the post. Not having experienced Syrian education i dont know whether they get any geography outside of Israel stole or land or not. They may very well know the story of conquest, empires, geography and history of what became Canada, or they may not. You should look up the word, like in this forum there are ones who dont have a scooby and there are ones who may not have a scooby, a big distinction i'm sure you'll agree.
But anyway as the take up rate for this generous offer to relocate to Canada was very very low i can only think that
A ) They didnt know where, who or what it was
B ) They knew exactly where, who and what it was but were happy in the supposedly war zone they live
C ) They knew exactly where, who and what it was but they were waiting on a better offer or had plans to make their way to Europe

yes i agree

there are people on here who may not have a scooby, there are also people on here who dont have a scooby so think other people may not have one either but spout utter p!sh regardless biggrin.gif
angel

just one of the many

refugee stories
in Canada , biggrin.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswic...ephen-1.3376469
john.mcn
QUOTE (ktv @ 23rd Dec 2015, 09:29am) *
yes i agree

there are people on here who may not have a scooby, there are also people on here who dont have a scooby so think other people may not have one either but spout utter p!sh regardless biggrin.gif

Hilarious thing about your post is that it fits you to a T, you mock people for not being able to use google and you mock them for being able to use it, you mock them for reading the tabloids and watching TV. In fact anyone who voices a different viewpoint to you and can prove you are talking pish you spit oot the dummy.. quite funny to watch really
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 23rd Dec 2015, 04:30pm) *
just one of the many

refugee stories
in Canada , biggrin.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswic...ephen-1.3376469

I always prefer to read the comments after the articles to see the views of people effected by policies ..
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 23rd Dec 2015, 06:04pm) *
I always prefer to read the comments after the articles to see the views of people effected by policies ..

If you wish to read the comments or the opinions of people from
New Brunswick on this subject , I don't doubt for one second
that I or anyone else has to tell you , "' just google

You will post anything in order to get the last word , which
has always been my belief that, that it is a very childish attitude
and also tends to be an effeminate tendency in a man,
however , I'm sure that you will carry on in you own despicable
manner
"but know this " I do not give one iota
to the garbage that you spew , or of any other on this
matter on this thread .
When I decide to print a post I am content with that. and have
no intension to keep posting like some bliddy fishwife as do you .

like some

john.mcn

Ohh give it a rest i post as its a forum to discuss things going on the world , i read the comments on articles because its there you hear the people views. I guess that upon doing that you're a tad peed off that not everyone shares your view.

The rest of the tripe is your usual, i'm childish, i'm effeminate and a fishwife biggrin.gif
Quite shocking coming from a so called christian, rather intolerant and homophobic some would say... Hold on thats your church to a T, i take it back you'll be up for canonisation soon thumbup.gif
wombat
bliddy fishwife laugh.gif laugh.gif classic laugh.gif
wombat
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 23rd Dec 2015, 08:17pm) *
The rest of the tripe is your usual, i'm childish, i'm effeminate and a fishwife
Quite shocking coming from a so called christian, rather intolerant and homophobic some would say... Hold on thats your church to a T, i take it back you'll be up for canonisation soon

rolleyes.gif and you answer with this tripe. laugh.gif you old fishwife laugh.gif YOU
wombat
rolleyes.gif hey angel .jesus loves YOU yes.gif
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 23rd Dec 2015, 07:17pm) *
Ohh give it a rest i post as its a forum to discuss things going on the world , i read the comments on articles because its there you hear the people views. I guess that upon doing that you're a tad peed off that not everyone shares your view.

The rest of the tripe is your usual, i'm childish, i'm effeminate and a fishwife biggrin.gif
Quite shocking coming from a so called christian, rather intolerant and homophobic some would say... Hold on thats your church to a T, i take it back you'll be up for canonisation soon thumbup.gif

Funny that you should mention Homophobic .

Are you Gay .!!!!!!!!!!
john.mcn
QUOTE (wombat @ 24th Dec 2015, 05:56pm) *
rolleyes.gif and you answer with this tripe. laugh.gif you old fishwife laugh.gif YOU

You know wombat, the silent funny types only stay funny when they're silent.
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 24th Dec 2015, 06:09pm) *
Funny that you should mention Homophobic .

Are you Gay .!!!!!!!!!!

Why, does it matter?

I'm not btw so you'll have one less thing to hate me for biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 24th Dec 2015, 09:47pm) *
Why, does it matter?

I'm not btw so you'll have one less thing to hate me for biggrin.gif

It was you who brought up the term Homophobic
along with all of the other crap that you mentioned
and if you are not Gay , "who cares ."
Heterosexual or Homosexual makes not the
slightest difference to me , so stop trying to turn the
the tables . I do not like the life style
of gays , but as long as they earn a living and pay their taxes
and don't in any way interfere in my life . I DON'T CARE ,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.