Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wonder Weans!
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat
RonD
Click to view attachment

My school picture at 8 years old in 1956.
RonD
Here's a chance to show off how bonnie you were, post a pic of yourself when you were a wean. we also take one of you when you were a bairn too.
RonD
72 reads and not another photie, come on where's yours? ye big fearties!
ashfield
Ron, yi've already got mine on the other thread rolleyes.gif

I did have a look to see if there was another I could post but they're either unsuitable for adult viewing or I look like I've returned after being abducted by aliens sad.gif
bilbo.s
Click to view attachment

I've posted this before, but you asked for it !
bilbo.s
Heerzanurrawan fae the Wild East o' Shettleston. Looks as if that hat fell oan me fae a great height!Click to view attachment
RonD
You cut a fine figure there Bill. Can ah be in yer gang?
cathy52
Me in the middle age 3.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (cathy52 @ 4th Nov 2015, 11:48pm) *
Me in the middle age 3.

Cannae see ye! unsure.gif
cathy52
Cant seem to get my photo to come on
Betsy2009
What a handsome lot you are.
Happy days.
RonD
Come on Betsy you can be the first wee lassie on here.
Betsy2009
I would but don't know how to. Sorry.
I'll have a play around to see if I can work it out.
mlconnelly
Click to view attachment Me at Pheonix Park Cowcaddens about 1962/3
DannyH
Hello Ms Connelly

I remember walking past you on the Garscube Road when that picture was taken. I had an ice-cream cone in my hand, that I had I bought from Gizzi's cafe across the road. You started bubbling because I wouldn't let you have it. That is why you are not laughing!

Regards

Danny Harris
RonD
Awfae bonnie, Mary!
mlconnelly
Thank you Ron. Danny, you probably past me everyday in that park as we were always there.Click to view attachment
About 9 or 10 years later, starting 1st year St Augustine's Senior Secondary School.
RonD
Another nice one Mary, Here's me with my kiss curl !Click to view attachment
mlconnelly
Love it Ron. laugh.gif
DannyH
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachm
ent=49426:Sailor_Boy.jpg]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment[I am going to attempt to join 'Rogues Galley.

First one (I hope), me and my mother, late 1931 - stop laughing, you will all be old one day!

2nd one. Me home on leave from the navy, well actually just back from sailing my wee boat in the canal.

I get the feeling they are not in the correct order!

Next one, me at an uncle's wedding.

Last one. Me in Canada during World War II with my two young cousins when I was about 10.

Wee message for mconnelly. You were a wee stoater. If I had met you then, I would have given you my ice-cream cone.

Wee message for Betsy.
I know you will be having a wee look at this topic. If you don't vote for me as being the best looking wee boy, I won't vote for as being the best looking wee girl - that is if you ever mange to get your photo posted!

Regards

Danny
Betsy2009
Danny, you are the most handsome sailor in the whole fleet.
RonD
Great pics, Dan. Where in Canada did you stay? Betsy, if you are still having trouble posting a pic e mail it to me and I will post it for you.
Cheers
DannyH
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 7th Nov 2015, 10:42am) *
Danny, you are the most handsome sailor in the whole fleet.

Hello Betsy

Listen I am sorry about my comment to you. Reading it now, it comes over as facetious. I honestly didn't intend it to be.

I had difficulty uploding my pictures.

This is how I finally did it.

Click on 'Browse', below. This took me to the files I have on a memory stick. I clicked on the ones I wanted, individually, then clicked 'open'.

This put the file names in the 'manage current attachments', below.

You then select from this list, the picture you want shown, by simply clicking on it s name, then pressing UPLOAD

The Name of the file will then appear at the top of your post, not the picture

It is only when you have finished typing what you want to say in your post, you click on Add Reply below, and hey presto the photos appear.

Hope you still love me.

Danny
DannyH
QUOTE (RonD @ 7th Nov 2015, 10:49am) *
Great pics, Dan. Where in Canada did you stay? Betsy, if you are still having trouble posting a pic e mail it to me and I will post it for you.
Cheers

Hello Ron

I stayed ouside Hamilton, past Parkdale Avenue.but that area was swallowed up by Hamilton many years ago.

If you would like to know more, then my story of my time in Canada is on the GG Boards, under WAR, Evacuation. I think it starts on Page 2.

Regards

Danny

PS I only charge $5 dollars to Canadian readers, others have to pay 5
Betsy2009
''Listen I am sorry about my comment to you. Reading it now, it comes over as facetious. I honestly didn't intend it to be.''

Didn't read it as being facetious at all, Danny. Don't worry - no need to apologise.
RonD
Yes, I forgot to mention after "Upload" it will give a message saying that the upload was successful or not. If successful then hit the submit button. You'll get there.
RonD
Dan I know the area well, it must have been in the "burbs' way back then. I had Scottish shop customer at Parkdale and Queenston Rd. a few years ago.
RonD
This is from Betsy, entitled Me & Teddy! You can do the intro, Betsy
Betsy2009
Photo here thanks to Ron.
It's me and my teddy (and the boy who lived next door) at my gran's in Clydebank.
I've still got teddy!
ashfield
Thank goodness, I thought you were going to say you still had the boy laugh.gif

Great photies folks, I'll try and post another tomorrow unsure.gif
JAGZ1876
Right, it's my turn, here is me in between my Brother and Mother on holiday in Rothesay during the Glasgow fair either 1961 or 1962.
Rab
More hair then than I have now! yes.gif Wee Rab, 6 months. Fortrose St. Partick.
If this disnae win the Most Cuddly Wean prize, am no playing! tongue.gif PS: I'm still cuddly! biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Rab
Click to view attachmentRab a wee bit older, just before High School. I canny believe them lugs - and where has all that hair gone??

DannyH
Nice to see you Betsy; look like a quiet wee girl. Thanks for your response to my apology.

Jagz' the look on your face tells me you've just bought a Saturday Evening Times, sports edition and Partick Thistle lost again to some wee obscure team like Queen of the South after beating Rangers the previous week. Part of the 'joy' of being a Jags fan.

Rab, big lugs are a sign that you were a cheeky wee beggar and your Mum was always skelping you across the lugs. Hope that was your first set of teeth!

Regards to All

Danny
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (DannyH @ 7th Nov 2015, 08:56pm) *
Jagz' the look on your face tells me you've just bought a Saturday Evening Times, sports edition and Partick Thistle lost again to some wee obscure team like Queen of the South after beating Rangers the previous week. Part of the 'joy' of being a Jags fan.

Danny

Close season during the Ferr Danny laugh.gif more likely (if you look at the pavement) it's raining again, even the guy in the backgrounds playing putting with his raincoat on. biggrin.gif
RonD
I'm glad to see this catch on. i was wondering when I saw 72 readers but no other pics. You're all looking good and we would love to have more. so if you were a wonder wean or a bonnie bairn get on here and prove it.!
ashfield
Click to view attachment

This is me at 5 years old in 1954 when I auditioned for the film "Tarzan, the Portobello years" huh.gif

I didn't get the part and I still blame those woollen knitted swimming trunks, not very glamorous eh blush.gif tongue.gif
RonD
Great pic, funny you should say Tarzan, that rock behind you looks like a lion! I loved Portobello. I used to look out to the North Sea and and I would squint and try and see Holland (at least where I thought where it should be).
DannyH
Hi Ashfield

I always thought the people from Possil were a wee bit stange, including my relatives, but were you diving in the correct direction? Is that not the water behind you? I have heard of head bangers, but that is ridiculous! Did you go to the audition with your head bandaged?

Regards

Danny
ashfield
Danny, thanks for your concern but there was nothing to worry about. The sea was (and probably still is rolleyes.gif ) in the direction I was pointing, my cousin took the photo from a small rowing boat. We were at one end of the bay in Portobello. Apart from that, I only learned to move forward in water (can't bring myself to call it swimming) in my late 30s so thee was never any chance of me diving anywhere tongue.gif

We, my older two brothers and me, did need medical attention that day though. My cousin was in shallow water with the boat so we all paddled over to him, and we all sustained cuts in our feet sad.gif
DannyH
QUOTE (ashfield @ 10th Nov 2015, 08:52am) *
Danny, thanks for your concern but there was nothing to worry about. The sea was (and probably still is :rolleyes: ) in the direction I was pointing, my cousin took the photo from a small rowing boat. We were at one end of the bay in Portobello. Apart from that, I only learned to move forward in water (can't bring myself to call it swimming) in my late 30s so thee was never any chance of me diving anywhere :P

We, my older two brothers and me, did need medical attention that day though. My cousin was in shallow water with the boat so we all paddled over to him, and we all sustained cuts in our feet :(

Hello Ashfield

Thank you for taking my post in the spirit it was intended.You were a good looking wee guy. It must have been something in the water in Possil!

That was a bad experience, something you never forget.

Like you I had a bad experinece there too. I was just a toddler, but I still remember, going under the water and being pulled up by somebody.

Regards

Danny
ashfield
Danny, thinking back I was probably praying for the sun to come out laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.