Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gallowgate ... Grange Pub?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > Images Chit Chat
CHOPPY CRAWFORD 1970
Click to view attachment

Evening, can anyone confirm from the old photo that it's the Grange Pub on the left of this picture?
serabash
was the grange not at society st?
http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/grange.html
serabash
I think your right I think that is society st just past it at the next corner. I used to pass it everyday on my way to and from work in the town from tollx on the 61 bus.
backcauseway
Takes me back to the 1950s when I took the tram from Parkhead Cross to Bellgrove Street every day.

Society Street is or was second on left after the bridge.
CHOPPY CRAWFORD 1970
I can remember the remains of the bridge in the early 80s. I assumed that was the Grange I thought the Grange was in The Gallowgate. Across the road on the right would be Holywell Street?
CHOPPY CRAWFORD 1970
Another photo closer. I think the pub is just behind the Tram.

By all accounts The Grange pub stayed after the houses and some of the Croft Bridge came down.
CHOPPY CRAWFORD 1970
This is Camlachie School on the corner of Holywell St and Galliwgate....
dizzybint
QUOTE (CHOPPYCRAWFORD1970 @ 20th Jul 2015, 08:11pm) *
Click to view attachment

Evening, can anyone confirm from the old photo that it's the Grange Pub on the left of this picture?

thats the Grange at the corner of Arch st where my auntie lived.... the pub stood for a long time after the retail park was built
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.