Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82
ktv
I'll post when I want regardless of your ever changing input.
I was mentioned in the thread so I posted...simple.

One post above your bleating about respect then the very next post your saying you don't want it while asking how to get it...... This is exactly why you don't get any because you change your tune constantly.

Maybe you should form an opinion and stick to it for more than 15 mins then people might actually accept what you say as a valid opinion.

But we all know that's how trolls operate.
Kemedian
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 14th Jun 2015, 10:27pm) *
Do you see anyone else bothered that a party whose manifesto stated they were against a EU referendum did what they said they would do ?

I am not criticising the SNP for acting as per its manifesto, as your attempt to avoid the issue suggests. I am discussing the policy - as it is being tested in Parliament - which recent, as well as past, evidence suggests sits at odds with popular opinion.

Click to view attachment

The results of the poll suggested that voters would rather have a referendum on whether or not to leave the European Union than another referendum on Scottish independence.

Voters gave the policy statement "hold another referendum on Scottish independence within the next five years" a score of 5.6 out of 10.

The policy statement "hold a referendum to ask people whether they wish to stay in or leave the European Union" was slightly more popular, with a score of 6.1 out of 10.

The idea of stopping immigrants from the rest of the European Union from claiming welfare benefits until they have been in the UK for four years scored 6.8.

The policy of putting a limit on the number of people coming to live in the UK was less popular, with a score of 6.3.
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 16th Jun 2015, 06:39pm) *
One post above your bleating about respect then the very next post your saying you don't want it while asking how to get it...... This is exactly why you don't get any because you change your tune constantly.

But we all know that's how trolls operate.

It was a rhetorical question.

Back to calling me names again?

Ho hum.
Kemedian
QUOTE (Nicola Sturgeon @ today)
The decisions the European Union takes, the terms of the UK's membership, impacts on our economy, impacts on jobs, impacts on industries like fishing and farming and issues like climate change.

These are all responsibilities of the Scottish government. So you can't simply put it in a box and say it's got nothing to do with the Scottish government. These things matter a lot to people right across this country.

It is absolutely essential that Scotland's voice, and those of the other devolved administrations, is heard to ensure our interests are acknowledged.

That is why I am today calling for a forum to be identified which gives the devolved governments a direct input to the negotiations to ensure that our priorities are listened to and our vital interests are protected.

Last week, her Party seemed to think those issues weren't worth a public vote in Scotland and didn't require her attention. huh.gif

Thankfully, it looks now as if the UKIP led movement for British Independence shall be tested in the hearts and minds of the electorate, and hopefully defeated. yes.gif
Kemedian
Click to view attachment

Could The National campaign for a No?
ktv
yes they could if there was ever a referendum on austerity....

but there isn't going to be.

wont bother you though because you knew fine well this would happen to US when you ticked your wee no box

hope your happy now

Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 08:38am) *
yes they could if there was ever a referendum on austerity....

but there isn't going to be.

wont bother you though because you knew fine well this would happen to US when you ticked your wee no box

hope your happy now

Our Ref wasn't an austerity question, yet you and others on here are attributing every government policy you don't like to the No vote.

So, going by your own judgement - and the front pages - the EU Ref will to a large extent be about austerity. yes.gif
ktv
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 09:24am) *
Our Ref wasn't an austerity question,

and if you knew anything about politics youd know that theirs wasn't an EU in/out question.

are you now saying you weren't aware of the consequence's of voting no in our indy ref?

the tory gov you and your cronies landed us with will continue austerity whether we are in the EU or not so yet again you either totally misunderstand what is going on or your just trolling again.

so which one is it?
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 09:34am) *
and if you knew anything about politics youd know that theirs wasn't an EU in/out question.

I know, but ours is.

QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 09:34am) *
are you now saying you weren't aware of the consequence's of voting no in our indy ref?

the tory gov you and your cronies landed us with will continue austerity whether we are in the EU or not so yet again you either totally misunderstand what is going on or your just trolling again.

so which one is it?

Define trolling again?

Our last Ref was also in/out, but (as anyone can see from your posts) it was most definitely about austerity.

So, UK austerity bad, EU austerity good?
ktv
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 10:01am) *
I know, but ours is.

so what has that got to do with Greece voting against austerity?

Our last Ref was also in/out, but (as anyone can see from your posts) it was most definitely about austerity.

so you knew what would happen but you still voted for it anyway.

Define trolling again?

Kemedian:
A Kemedian, or simply kem in Internet slang, is someone who posts irrelevant, contradictory or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

So, UK austerity bad, EU austerity good?

showing your lack of knowledge again with that question....maybe you should try and do some of your "research" into what was happening in Greece and why the people have voted not to leave the EU but against the ECB's austerity demands.
Betsy2009
Does anyone actually know what happens to the money we give to the EU? What is it used for (apart from their lavish lifestyle)? If all EU countries are being forced into austerity - what savings have the EU made with our money? Have they cut back on anything?
ktv
a lot of the money countries give the eu goes on capital/regeneration projects all over the place. a short walk around Glasgow and youl see the wee "EU funded" signs all over the place.

although a someof the money goes to the central bank who then load it to other banks with Wonga style interest so the banks/govs have to then attempt to pay it back by cutting services for the general populous (austerity) whom the money has never reached in the first place.

bank lends bank money, bank cant afford repayments, gov bails out bank then recoups the money from the general population.

bankers get rich...poor get poorer.

capitalism is great aint it
Betsy2009
So if we went back to the Common Market within Europe (albeit with shared armed forces), lived within our means rather than borrowing, didn't pay the EU a fortune, we'd be able to afford our own regeneration projects.

Beats me why we're in in the first place!

OK - hugely over-simplified, I know, but ...
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 10:45am) *
so what has that got to do with Greece voting against austerity?

I asked: 'Could The National campaign for a No vote?'

You answered: 'It could.'

You then made it abundantly clear that, despite your initial rebuff about our EU Ref not being about austerity, it clearly will be.

Hence your next comment below...

So you knew what would happen but you still voted for it anyway.

Showing your lack of knowledge again with that question....maybe you should try and do some of your "research" into what was happening in Greece and why the people have voted not to leave the EU but against the ECB's austerity demands.

In short, the Greeks want a different deal from the ECB in order to stay in the EU, you're right; and good luck to them.

If you want to limit the discussion to our own Ref then address my point to you, which is:

UK austerity bad, EU austerity good?
ktv
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 12:15pm) *
I asked: 'Could The National campaign for a No vote?'

You answered: 'It could.'

stop trolling and read what is written....it could if it was about that but its not

You then made it abundantly clear that, despite your initial rebuff about our EU Ref not being about austerity, it clearly will be.

our eu in/out ref has NOTHING TO DO WITH AUSTERITY...try and understand austerity is happening to US because the likes of YOU voted to keep US in a system that will ensure it happens by voting NO in OUR INDY REFERENDUM....its obviously too complicated for your trolling lil mind to comprehend

In short, the Greeks want a different deal from the ECB in order to stay in the EU, you're right; and good luck to them.

no...it had nothing to do with their membership thus your showing your ignorance of the situation yet again.

If you want to limit the discussion to our own Ref then address my point to you, which is:

no. the EU has imposed no austerity measures on us....the tory gov you and your ilk clamped us too are doing that all by themselves.

you constantly show absolutely no understanding of anything your talking about in these threads.

how you've been allowed to troll this board for so long is amazing.
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 12:30pm) *
Our eu in/out ref has NOTHING TO DO WITH AUSTERITY...try and understand austerity is happening to US because the likes of YOU voted to keep US in a system that will ensure it happens by voting NO in OUR INDY REFERENDUM.

You're blaming austerity on the result of the last in/out Ref on-the-one-hand, while arguing that it's of no consequence to the next one on-the-other-hand.

Either austerity has nothing to do with both these Ref, or it is relevant to this debate. I say it's relevant. Do you wish to recalibrate your argument? huh.gif

QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 12:30pm) *
no...it had nothing to do with their membership thus your showing your ignorance of the situation yet again.

It was you who wrote...

maybe you should try and do some of your "research" into what was happening in Greece and why the people have voted not to leave the EU but against the ECB's austerity demands.

the EU has imposed no austerity measures on us....the tory gov you and your ilk clamped us too are doing that all by themselves.

If our government didn't do it, the EU would (if we stopped paying our bills). yes.gif

how you've been allowed to troll this board for so long is amazing.

How you've been allowed to call me that for so long is amazing.
ktv
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 02:43pm) *
You're blaming austerity on the result of the last in/out Ref on-the-one-hand, while arguing that it's of no consequence to the next one on-the-other-hand.

no im blaming the likes of you for keeping us tied to a system where austerity was promised....you where happy to go along with the uk govs austerity measures and defended them at every turn.

Either austerity has nothing to do with both these Ref, or it is relevant to this debate. I say it's relevant. Do you wish to recalibrate your argument? huh.gif

both the refs your on about where for totally different reasons...try and get at least the basics of the subject your trolling about

It was you who wrote...

your clearly trolling this thread now.....the greek referendum has nothing to do with them leaving the EU....just let that sink in....ask one of your kids to explain it to you is you must.

If our government didn't do it, the EU would (if we stopped paying our bills). yes.gif

to put it simply enough for you to understand......NO

How you've been allowed to call me that for so long is amazing.

b e c a u s u e..... I t s ...... t r u e !

Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 03:45pm) *
I'm blaming the likes of you for keeping us tied to a system where austerity was promised.

Consistently blaming austerity on No voters, while also maintaining that it wasn't an issue in the referendum. TWO INCOMPATIBLE STANDPOINTS.

both the refs your on about where for totally different reasons.

Essentially, these are both in/out refs.

the greek referendum has nothing to do with them leaving the EU

I know (but you did write differently a couple of posts ago).

If the UK was struggling to pay its bills and running out of money, and went begging to the ECB for help, its policy is one of austerity. If you don't like that, you can vote to leave the EU completely, just as you voted to leave the UK (for reasons including its austerity policy, obviously). yes.gif
ktv
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 04:59pm) *
Consistently blaming austerity on No voters, while also maintaining that it wasn't an issue in the referendum. TWO INCOMPATIBLE STANDPOINTS.

no troll boy...if you had any intelligence whatsoever your realise austerity was happening in the UK no matter what.....im blaming you for keeping us part of that system knowing full well what would happen....so how much is your family going to lose after Wednesdays budget then? bet your proud eh

Essentially, these are both in/out refs.

no troll boy the greek referendum wasn't about in/out of anywhere

I know (but you did write differently a couple of posts ago).

so troll boy where did I write they where voting to leave the EU? and you do know the greek referendum wasnt about them leaving the EU, so your admitting all your posts claiming it was is just you trolling yes.gif

If the UK was struggling to pay its bills and running out of money, and went begging to the ECB for help, its policy is one of austerity. If you don't like that, you can vote to leave the EU completely, just as you voted to leave the UK (for reasons including its austerity policy, obviously). yes.gif

theyre not they didn't they haven't so that's just your usual nonsense.

carmella
ktv

You keep referring to Kemedian as a troll - why is this, and do you even know what a troll is - you have me mystified. Over the years we have had many trolls on these forums, for me they are instantly recognizable, and very soon after they begin to troll - I do not see Kemedian as being one of them, I just wondered where you get your information?

I have read your posts over various topics which he has taken part in, and you keep referring to him in one form or other, as a troll.

He is a regular contributor, not a troll.
flam
Hear,Hear Carmella if you don,t agree with some people on this great wee site you get dogs abuse, and as you say called a Troll
ktv
QUOTE (carmella @ 10th Jul 2015, 09:44am) *
ktv

You keep referring to Kemedian as a troll - why is this, and do you even know what a troll is - you have me mystified. Over the years we have had many trolls on these forums, for me they are instantly recognizable, and very soon after they begin to troll - I do not see Kemedian as being one of them, I just wondered where you get your information?

I have read your posts over various topics which he has taken part in, and you keep referring to him in one form or other, as a troll.

I get my information from his posts. he is trolling these threads whether you understand what a troll is or not, its still happening....its nothing to do with whether I agree with him or not.

a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Usually, there posts are stupid, off-topic, inflaming, illogical, or childish.

A troll is different from a participant in a conversation who disagrees with a post or article and sticks to the topic presenting their opinion in a respectful way.

Forums are made for discussing topics with like-minded people, but every once in a while, a troll will come in and start spewing negative words all over the place. Other forum users will often respond and before you know it, the thread goes completely off topic and becomes nothing but one big pointless argument.

I could seek out further definitions if you need further clarity.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 04:59pm) *
If the UK was struggling to pay its bills and running out of money

It has clearly escaped your notice that the UK is struggling to pay its bills and is running out of money.

That's why the national (Dylan won't like me using that word laugh.gif ) debt is currently 1.6trillion and rising. yes.gif
carmella
QUOTE (ktv @ 10th Jul 2015, 10:42am) *
I get my information from his posts. he is trolling these threads whether you understand what a troll is or not, its still happening....its nothing to do with whether I agree with him or not.

I could seek out further definitions if you need further clarity.

Don't need lessons from you, I know perfectly well what a troll is, and I'd wager I knew it before you did.

I repeat, he is not a troll, and I get this from his time on the boards as well as his posts.

You ktv are right across his posts no matter what the subject is, and in almost all of your replies, with the exception of a very few, you refer to him as a troll.

I, on the other hand, have read all of your posts, and disagree with most of them, if not all. As has been previously mentioned, we are all entitled to our opinions, unfortunately only those with opposing views, seem to think they are right - you can take out of that what you will.
ktv
QUOTE (carmella @ 10th Jul 2015, 03:33pm) *
Don't need lessons from you, I know perfectly well what a troll is, and I'd wager I knew it before you did.

I repeat, he is not a troll, and I get this from his time on the boards as well as his posts.

You ktv are right across his posts no matter what the subject is, and in almost all of your replies, with the exception of a very few, you refer to him as a troll.

I, on the other hand, have read all of your posts, and disagree with most of them, if not all. As has been previously mentioned, we are all entitled to our opinions, unfortunately only those with opposing views, seem to think they are right - you can take out of that what you will.

well you did ask so i told you....hope thats ok with you....how much will you wager then?...and how will you prove it?
his opinion has nothing to do with it....do you know his opinion on anything since youve read all his posts?...care to explain it then as it seems to change, uturn and contradict his other posts....ie trolling.

i care not whether you agree with me or not, im stating the blatantly obvious.

ktv
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th Jul 2015, 03:17pm) *
It has clearly escaped your notice that the UK is struggling to pay its bills and is running out of money.

That's why the national (Dylan won't like me using that word laugh.gif ) debt is currently 1.6trillion and rising. yes.gif

edit: the poor are struggling to pay their bills while paying off the debt created by the wealthy thumbup.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (carmella @ 10th Jul 2015, 09:44am) *

Thank you, Carmella.

I first raised this with the moderator many months ago, who explained that he cannot intervene every time the phrase 'internet troll' is used on the boards, and I accepted his decision. I see ktv's behaviour as an attempt to intimidate me and to distract from my line of argument, which is more often than not (99%) at serious odds with his own. I am not a troll, I stand up for what I believe in, which on this thread usually involves going against the grain, so to speak.

QUOTE (ktv @ 10th Jul 2015, 09:06am) *
If you had any intelligence whatsoever you'd realise austerity was happening in the UK no matter what.

As Jagz points out, the UK debt is no better than Greece's, although the Treasury is able still to pay its international creditors, thankfully. In fact, I read somewhere today that the Government is considering lending to Greece because of the knock-on effect of 'Grexit' to the UK economy.

The Greek referendum wasn't about in/out of anywhere.

I referred to both last year's Scottish ref and the UK's planned EU ref.

Where did I write they were voting (whether or not) to leave the EU?

Here...
Showing your lack of knowledge again with that question....maybe you should try and do some of your "research" into what was happening in Greece and why the people have voted not to leave the EU but against the ECB's austerity demands.

They're not, they didn't and they haven't, so that's just your usual nonsense.

But they would. Several other countries have also undergone EU austerity, I believe; including Cyprus, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and Italy. yes.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 10th Jul 2015, 11:03pm) *
Here...

(ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 10:45am) *

I try to stay out of you and KTV's tats but seriously, you highlighting a part of a sentence but omitting the end of it that just makes you look a complete fool and proves KTV right. What did you do, control F and search for a word but not read the sentence? The sentence when read in full shows that KTV was saying that it was not an EU in/out but anti austerity referendum.
Betsy2009
Any chance of agreeing to differ and moving on?
Call a truce perhaps?
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 11th Jul 2015, 08:21am) *
Any chance of agreeing to differ and moving on?
Call a truce perhaps?

I wouldn't hold my breath Betsy, there's more chance of ISIS calling a truce. laugh.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th Jul 2015, 01:43am) *
I try to stay out of you and KTV's tats but seriously, you highlighting a part of a sentence but omitting the end of it that just makes you look a complete fool and proves KTV right. The sentence when read in full shows that KTV was saying that it was not an EU in/out but anti austerity referendum.

I didn't omit the end of it.

The Greek No vote could be construed as a vote to leave, if it wasn't for the results of separate polls indicating their desire to stay. They may not like the current economic ramifications of remaining part of the Union, however they seem smart enough to know that these are outweighed by the stability currently on offer and the potential longer-term benefits.

"A complete fool", you say? If you're right, then your justification would also make a complete fool out of you, following our earlier exchange on the other thread...

QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Jul 2015, 12:43pm) *
Take Greece now, for example. Its people are saying Yes to EU membership, but No to the current offer of financial assistance from the ECB.
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th Jul 2015, 01:34pm) *
The Greek referendum was about EU membership ???

Here was me thinking it was about the austerity program offered by the ECB and the IMF.
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 6th Jul 2015, 01:53pm) *
In separate polls the Greeks express a desire to stay in the EU.

All this Greek weather sure is heating up the debate. I think I'd better find some shade under a bridge. cool.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 11th Jul 2015, 10:16am) *
I didn't omit the end of it.

You omitted it by not highlighting the last part to misconstrue what was actually written in the sentence.
The Greek No vote could be construed as a vote to leave, if it wasn't for the results of separate polls indicating their desire to stay. They may not like the current economic ramifications of remaining part of the Union, however they seem smart enough to know that these are outweighed by the stability currently on offer and the potential longer-term benefits.

Polls are not worth the paper they are written on, the vote was not about staying or leaving the EU just as it wasn't about which ice cream people preferred
"A complete fool", you say? If you're right, then your justification would also make a complete fool out of you, following our earlier exchange on the other thread...

It's best to stop digging when you find yourself in a hole. your quotes just show it's yourself thats the fool. The referendum was not about whether the Greeks wanted to stay or leave the European Union, a poll is not a referendum as they show one thing only, the answers to the the people who took the poll
All this Greek weather sure is heating up the debate. I think I'd better find some shade under a bridge. cool.gif

Try the one over troubled waters, are your argument certainly seems to be in trouble.
Kemedian
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th Jul 2015, 11:51am) *
You omitted it by not highlighting the last part

Not the same.

the vote was not about staying or leaving the EU

Did not say it was, as (apparently) neither did ktv.

your quotes just show it's yourself thats the fool

Not so. If I live under a bridge, then you live in a glass house.

your argument certainly seems to be in trouble

Not from yours. laugh.gif
john.mcn

I'll leave you are your bridge to yourself then, i'll just add that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Kemedian
This debate has moved on to the EU and its economic recovery policy being one of austerity.

I have absolutely no problem taking part, John. It's just that ktv would rather I didn't.
Kemedian
QUOTE (George Kerevan SNP MP @ 9th May, 2015)
Scotland voted SNP as a reaction to being told, after voting No in September, that it should be seen but not heard. This patronising attitude was crystalised in Ed Miliband’s refusal to countenance any working agreement with the SNP, as fellow progressive parties, to lock the Tories out of Downing Street. All Miliband succeeded in doing was boosting SNP support among No-voters, guaranteeing Thursday’s landslide...

The general election was not a mandate for a second referendum – a point reiterated time after time by Nicola Sturgeon, whatever contrary hares are set running by the battered and bruised Westminster establishment. Nevertheless, the SNP’s electoral success is undoubtedly a mandate for going far beyond the hastily conceived ragbag of new powers contained in the Smith Commission documents...

Put another way, May 7 will go down in the constitutional history books as the moment that the UK was launched on an irrevocable trajectory towards federalism – or bust. If the Westminster system fumbles that move to a federal union of equal British nations, Scotland can legitimately claim it has no recourse but to seek a second referendum...

The anti-austerity project that the SNP campaigned for in the May 7 election is inherently popular with both the working class and the professional middle class – everyone has stories about not getting adequate care for aged parents and everyone is going to get old. The welfare state is crumbling because of austerity. Most folk in their heart of hearts realise we get what we pay for.

Interesting passages from an article that's right up your street, John, parts of which we have debated on the other thread.

I agree with the first passage. The last passage is relevant to this debate, because it mentions what the SNP refers to as its mandate to reject the UK's current politics of austerity.

My point to ktv, which he does not accept, was:

carmella
ktv

My question to you was rhetorical, as I did not 'ask' you anything. I have been around Boards such as this for many many years, I know what a 'troll' is, and they are very nasty.

Furthermore, if he was a troll, he would have been gone long before now.

I disagree with you, and I probably always will, I don't think I have seen any merit in your posts to suggest to me, that you have put forward a good argument for anything.

But, you are entitled as we all are to your opinions, which we may agree with sometimes, or we may not agree with - go on and express yourself, we are lucky to be living in a country where this can happen.

As we know, people change their opinions on many subjects over time, and when more thought is applied, I know I have. But that is our perogative.

I cannot prove any more than you can, from what has been written or implied, that Kemedian is a troll. However, I do know that I have dealt with many of them over the years, and I sussed them out very quickly, and very quickly got rid of them once they were identified.

Here endeth the discussion from my perspective.
ktv
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th Jul 2015, 01:43am) *
I try to stay out of you and KTV's tats but seriously, you highlighting a part of a sentence but omitting the end of it that just makes you look a complete fool and proves KTV right. What did you do, control F and search for a word but not read the sentence? The sentence when read in full shows that KTV was saying that it was not an EU in/out but anti austerity referendum.

its the fine art of.....dum dum dummmmmmm TROLLING
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 13th Jul 2015, 08:49am) *
its the fine art of.....dum dum dummmmmmm TROLLING

I don't see anyone coming to YOUR defense over this issue that you have with my views, ktv.

YOU are an online bully. You call me a troll in nearly every reply, but you won't silence me. That's the role of the moderator, which you seem to think you are.

I draw your attention to the following and ask for the respect that every member deserves:

GG Board: Board Rules

General Posting Rules and Advice

Here's some general points of advice to consider when posting on all boards:

• Do not make insulting or inflammatory statements to other members of the GG boards. Be respectful of others ideas.
ktv
makes no difference to me that some one is defending a troll mate.

im not trying to silence you

im not trying to bully you

im also not insulting you or using inflammatory statements.

saying your a troll is a factual statement (ive repeatedly gave you the definition you asked for)...

the victim card wont work as long as you keep trolling.

now about that topic of the uk in/out referendum......
Kemedian
Of course you're being inflammatory, ktv.

If your allegation is true, you could have me arrested!

I ceased taking offense from your name calling a long time ago.

You are an online bully, whose behaviour is in breach of Board Rules.

I, however, shall continue posting, whether you like it or not.
ktv
arrested?

GG's inbox must be bursting now eh

back to the topic
serabash
QUOTE (ktv @ 13th Jul 2015, 09:36am) *
makes no difference to me that some one is defending a troll mate.

im not trying to silence you

im not trying to bully you

im also not insulting you or using inflammatory statements.

saying your a troll is a factual statement (ive repeatedly gave you the definition you asked for)...

the victim card wont work as long as you keep trolling.

now about that topic of the uk in/out referendum......

yes.gif thumbup.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 13th Jul 2015, 10:42am) *
Arrested?

Don't be so naive.

'Trolling' on social media can be a criminal offence, as can 'cyber bullying'. There have been numerous convictions including high profile cases in Scotland. So, perhaps you should stop spoiling this thread or put your claim to the test.

• Cyber bullying: bullying conducted using the social media or other electronic means.
  • Revenge pron: usually following the breakup of a couple, the electronic publication or distribution of sexually explicit material (principally images) of one or both of the couple, the material having originally been provided consensually for private use.
  • Trolling: intentional disruption of an online forum, by causing offence or starting an argument.
  • Virtual mobbing: whereby a number of individuals use social media or messaging to make comments to or about another individual, usually because they are opposed to that person's opinions.
  • www.publications.parliament.uk/social_media_and_criminal_offences

Approach to be taken by Prosecutors

Prosecutors should first make an initial assessment of the content of the communication and the conduct in question so as to distinguish between:
  1. Communications which specifically target an individual or group of individuals in particular communications which are considered to be hate crime, domestic abuse, or stalking.
  2. Communications which may constitute threats of violence to the person, incite public disorder or constitute threats to damage property.
  3. Communications which may amount to a breach of a court order or contravene legislation making it a criminal offence to release or publish information relating to proceedings.
  4. Communications which do not fall into categories 1,2 or 3 above but are nonetheless considered to be grossly offensive, indecent or obscene or involve the communication of false information about an individual or group of individuals which results in adverse consequences for that individual or group of individuals.
Category 4 Offences

Prosecutors should only consider action in this category of cases where they are satisfied there is sufficient evidence that the communication goes beyond being:
  • Offensive, shocking or disturbing
  • Satirical, iconoclastic or rude
  • The expression of unpopular or unfashionable opinion even if distasteful to some or painful to those subjected to it
  • An exchange of communication that forms part of a democratic debate

A media report from the time of publication:
Legal clampdown on internet trolls led by Scotland's top prosecutor

QUOTE (Scotlands top prosecutor)
As prosecutors we will continue to do all in our power to bring those who commit these crimes to justice, and I would encourage anyone who thinks they have been victim of such a crime to report it to the police.
serabash
by rashelle reid.

I was always told.....

I was always told I’m British, since I was a little girl
I was always told of the “Greatness” of this little isle.
I was always told I’m British, it was the only box to tick
I was always told I’m British, they must really think I’m thick!
I was always told I’m British, but I’ve always been a Scot
I was always told I’m British but I’ve always known I’m not.
I was always told I’m British as they sent the troops to war
I was always told I’m British but I had the lion’s roar.
I was always told I’m British as they raised the Union Jack
I was always told I’m British as they plotted behind my back
I was always told I’m British for 40 years that’s been true.
I was always told I’m British, we’ll force our flag on you.
I was always told I’m British, my licence has to bear the flag
I was always told I’m British the whole idea makes me gag.
I was always told I’m British and the bloodshed bore my name
I was always told I’m British and I’ve always held the shame
I was always told I’m British when even as a child I knew
I was always told I’m British but I knew it wasn’t true.
I was always told I’m British but Scotland was my home
I was always told I’m British it made me feel alone.
I was always told I’m British but it never will be true
I was always told I’m British but my flag is saltire blue.
I was always told I’m British and that we’re going to war.
I was always told I’m British and it made my heart sore.
I was always told I’m British but it will never be the case
I was always told I’m British as if it’s a master race.
I was always told I’m British but I’ll never buy the lie
I was always told I’m British, at times it made me cry.
I have always known I’m Scottish born to this land I call home
I have always known I’m Scottish as in these lands I roamed
I have always known I’m Scottish because home is where you’re born
I have always known I’m Scottish as the saltire I adorned.
I have always known I’m Scottish as my history lay in tatters
I have always known I’m Scottish and how our dreams were shattered.
I have always known I’m Scottish and no matter what you do
I’ll always know I’m Scottish because in my heart it’s true.
ktv
Kem your post proves my point entirely.

your not a good enough troll to fit into any of those definitions though.

youl fall into the mildly annoying, uturning, contradictory kind which you already have the definitions for.

also having clicked on your link further proves my point when you notice you've edited what is said in the report you quote to suit your "im innocent" agenda.

category 4 the communication does not
constitute a credible threat of violence or of damage to property or intention
to incite public disorder or form part of a course of conduct targeted against
a particular individual or group of individuals but nonetheless is considered
to be threatening in some way or to be grossly offensive, indecent or
obscene or involve the communication of false information about an
individual or group of individuals which results in adverse
consequences for that individual or group of individuals .

which does not apply to your type of trolling

so evidence enough it would seem (to most) so perhaps you can get on with the actual topic of the EU ref now then.
Kemedian
We're all Scottish, Serabash, and some of us like being other things too. smile.gif
Kemedian
QUOTE (ktv @ 14th Jul 2015, 11:59am) *
Kem your post proves my point entirely.

How pathetic.

Since you won't report me, this makes you nothing more than a petty coward.
Betsy2009
Oh for goodness sake - enough already!
This nit-picking of the minutiae is unnecessary and unpleasant and, no doubt, off-putting for others who may want to join a conversation but are worried that instead of taking the gist of what's being said it will just be a point scoring exercise.
ktv
now now trolly...your now demanding I call the police on you?

you clearly (deliberately) misunderstand what kind of troll you are.

the same as you deliberately misunderstand what the greek referendum was for, what the uk eu in/out referendum is for and most likely what the Scottish referendum was for...all deliberate so you could troll these boards.

also its not in my nature to grass of the weak (of mind) and feeble anyway, how would I feel if you where dodging soap in a young offenders while your family lived in poverty eh.

so about this eu in out thing?

you in?

you out?

let me guess...your in/out!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.