Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Discussions > Other Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
john.mcn
Would that be the question you ended with this
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 19th Jun 2017, 09:30pm) *
Do not bother responding

Might want to decide whether you want answers or not before making a fool of yourself.

As i do not live in Spain I have no idea why you get daily uplifts, do you pay thousands in cooncil taxes? Is Spain as compliant in its quest to apply EU waste disposal directives like it does with animal rights (bullfighting)? Despite not wanting an answer(then)I gave you the link to the Landfill directive brought in to lower non recyclable waste. Businesses as well as councils have to pay a tax on tonnage of waste dumped, this has forced cooncils to reduce bin collections and in returned forced residents to recycle like a hippie on speed. I now have 4 different wheelie bins clumped together up the side of my house (with the neighbours across from them) where before I had one. Each one, bar food/garden waste, gets uplifted every 3 weeks. Thankfully in my street people bring theirs in but there are areas where the residents dont because they have nowhere to stow them or they're just lazy, either way the streets look like slums with hundreds of them lined up on pavements.

But hey lets not talk about May offering a very sensible solution thats got the up on the Eurocrats and had them criticising while offering nothing in return. cool.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 03:30pm) *
Would that be the question you ended with this

Might want to decide whether you want answers or not before making a fool of yourself.

As i do not live in Spain I have no idea why you get daily uplifts, do you pay thousands in cooncil taxes? Is Spain as compliant in its quest to apply EU waste disposal directives like it does with animal rights (bullfighting)? Despite not wanting an answer(then)I gave you the link to the Landfill directive brought in to lower non recyclable waste. Businesses as well as councils have to pay a tax on tonnage of waste dumped, this has forced cooncils to reduce bin collections and in returned forced residents to recycle like a hippie on speed. I now have 4 different wheelie bins clumped together up the side of my house (with the neighbours across from them) where before I had one. Each one, bar food/garden waste, gets uplifted every 3 weeks. Thankfully in my street people bring theirs in but there are areas where the residents dont because they have nowhere to stow them or they're just lazy, either way the streets look like slums with hundreds of them lined up on pavements.

As usual you cannot answer the point rationally and resort to abuse, both of Spain and of me. I do not require a lecture on the abysmal refuse systems employed in UK, as I am fairly familiar with them, although it would be impossible to keep up with the various set-ups in different areas. We once had a bin, a basket and various bags, and woe betide you, if you put anything in the wrong container. I once had Christmas cards not uplifted because the card was " too thick" ! How much thinner can a card be? At the local bottle bank, there were separate receptacles for clear, brown, and blue/green glass - I have personally seen the truck loading them all together. Unlike you, I am fully aware of the system here, and am able to make comparisons. Just for your information, although I'm sure you will twist the facts to suit yourself, my council tax is a small fraction of what I paid in Scotland before I left 10 years ago.

I am truly sorry for all the UK citizens who have to put up with the state of affairs you describe so well, but that is most definitely not the fault of the EU. The Spanish have certainly complied with EU directives and they have eminently more sensible solutions to the recycling problem, than having multi-bins outside each residence or place of business.
john.mcn

You asked me why I hadn't replied to a question you told me not to reply to, that is making yourself look a fool and pointing it out is not abuse. Even then I did reply to it and gave you the link to the EU landfill directive that explains it, again not abuse. Pointing out the barbaric treatment Spain dishes out to animals for fun is also not abuse, bull fighting and chucking live goats from towers would get you a jail term here but hey I'm all for peoples own cultures in their own land, as long as it stays there.

You moved away ten years ago then you are not fully aware of the BS we have to adhere to when it comes to bin collections, if you put a bag of grass cuttings in your non recyclables it will not get uplifted. Glass and plastic are not separated, paper as well as card get one bin, previously they would not pick up card but they changed that when they took a bin collection off us..Kind aint they . Its not enough though, the ES.N.P councilors promised to increase recycling if they 'won', they didn't but formed a coalition with SLabour to keep the tories oot(yet greet aboot Aberdeen??) so we're sitting here waiting for the next venture being forced on us, they have all those electric vehicles to pay for after all.

I have no idea why your cooncil tax is so low, nuffink to do with Spain being a net beneficiary of the EU I'm sure
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:20pm) *
You asked me why I hadn't replied to a question you told me not to reply to, that is making yourself look a fool and pointing it out is not abuse. Even then I did reply to it and gave you the link to the EU landfill directive that explains it, again not abuse. Pointing out the barbaric treatment Spain dishes out to animals for fun is also not abuse, bull fighting and chucking live goats from towers would get you a jail term here but hey I'm all for peoples own cultures in their own land, as long as it stays there.

You moved away ten years ago then you are not fully aware of the BS we have to adhere to when it comes to bin collections, if you put a bag of grass cuttings in your non recyclables it will not get uplifted. Glass and plastic are not separated, paper as well as card get one bin, previously they would not pick up card but they changed that when they took a bin collection off us..Kind aint they . Its not enough though, the ES.N.P councilors promised to increase recycling if they 'won', they didn't but formed a coalition with SLabour to keep the tories oot(yet greet aboot Aberdeen??) so we're sitting here waiting for the next venture being forced on us, they have all those electric vehicles to pay for after all.

I have no idea why your cooncil tax is so low, nuffink to do with Spain being a net beneficiary of the EU I'm sure

So that rant is your attempt to explain why the bin collection is in such a state because of EU directives? PATHETIC! That's like all you fools who blame the EU for UK's immigration problem, when the answer lay with WM, but they chose to do nothing.

I should have guessed it was somehow to do with bullfighting, unlikely as that may seem to any sane person. BTW are you stupid enough to think that I know little about UK's waste disposal problems, after I patiently explained that I do?

I see you are awfa fond of your latest wee, sneery saying- ES.N.P. Did you think that one up all on your own, during your enforced absence from the board?

Spain may be a net beneficiary of the EU, but they actually use the money to improve the lives of the inhabitants, as do local councils. The evidence is all around us. There may be corruption in politics, but I bet it is no worse than in UK, just more upfront, with frequent prosecutions, something that rarely happens to the establishment-protected criminals in UK. You clearly know little of Spain, except through the UK media, heaven help you!

I meant to mention, in reply to a previous personal slur. that I must be the least successful tax-dodger in history, as I pay considerably more here in income tax than I would in UK. I hope that fact brightens your day.
angel
I am wondering , john mcn .
if your nasty attitude towards
a member of this board regarding
he and his wife's decision to settle
in spain in their retirement applies
only to him or all of those retirees
who now live in Spain .

Just a thought I have when
I read your posts .
john.mcn
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 25th Jun 2017, 04:47pm) *
So that rant is your attempt to explain why the bin collection is in such a state because of EU directives? PATHETIC! That's like all you fools who blame the EU for UK's immigration problem, when the answer lay with WM, but they chose to do nothing.

I gave you the eu directive, the council tells us they have to enforce recycling to abide by the rules to cut costs. If there was no EU directive would there be landfill taxes enforced on the public and councils on top of charges, probably not.
I should have guessed it was somehow to do with bullfighting, unlikely as that may seem to any sane person. BTW are you stupid enough to think that I know little about UK's waste disposal problems, after I patiently explained that I do?

I actually said bullfighting in my previous post. You moved 10 years ago, unless you have had bins left un-emptied, been part of pointless consultations when they did what they wanted anyway, been refused entry to council depots because you hired a van to move an old suite/garden rubbish/bath/etc then no you dont know about the problems with waste.. Fly tipping, despite having costly fines is up and it's east to see why.
I see you are awfa fond of your latest wee, sneery saying- ES.N.P. Did you think that one up all on your own, during your enforced absence from the board?

Enforced?? what are you on about?
Spain may be a net beneficiary of the EU, but they actually use the money to improve the lives of the inhabitants, as do local councils. The evidence is all around us. There may be corruption in politics, but I bet it is no worse than in UK, just more upfront, with frequent prosecutions, something that rarely happens to the establishment-protected criminals in UK. You clearly know little of Spain, except through the UK media, heaven help you!
I know they love the EU because they sponge off it, easy to have low taxes when someone else picks up the bill.
I meant to mention, in reply to a previous personal slur. that I must be the least successful tax-dodger in history, as I pay considerably more here in income tax than I would in UK. I hope that fact brightens your day.

Kinda buggers up your couldn't afford to live in the UK point doesn't it
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:00pm) *
I am wondering , john mcn .
if your nasty attitude towards
a member of this board regarding
he and his wife's decision to settle
in spain in their retirement applies
only to him or all of those retirees
who now live in Spain .

Just a thought I have when
I read your posts .

I
do
unto
those
who
would
do
unto
me.

john.mcn
bilbo dragged up a quesion he previously told me not to reply to, he raised the Spain bit again not I. He has posted in this thread since the 19th as have I and didn't seem to bother with that question he told me not to reply to until i post news of the deal the UK government offered the EU to maintain EU citizens, and UK citizens rights across the continent, suddenly he asks me to reply to that to start an argument. Cant be because he wants to bury the post that shows the UK government putting the EU on its back heels can it.
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:25pm) *
I
do
unto
those
who
would
do
unto
me.

I'm thinking that you suffer from an inferiority complex .

bilbo.s
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2017, 07:58pm) *

That's no complex. Boom, boom! laugh.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:58pm) *

aw shucks Angel, anyone reading that would think you didn't luv me laugh.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 07:38pm) *
bilbo dragged up a quesion he previously told me not to reply to, he raised the Spain bit again not I. He has posted in this thread since the 19th as have I and didn't seem to bother with that question he told me not to reply to until i post news of the deal the UK government offered the EU to maintain EU citizens, and UK citizens rights across the continent, suddenly he asks me to reply to that to start an argument. Cant be because he wants to bury the post that shows the UK government putting the EU on its back heels can it.

You get more deranged by the day. I had completely forgotten about the Recycling issue until now.

You really are living on another planet, if you consider that the bunch of wallies in charge of the WM gov. have put the EU on its "back heels", as you put it. The plain fact is that May's "generous" offer falls short of EU's requirements - an EU which is far more interested in protecting the rights of people, both UK and EU. Of course, none of that is of interest to a person who disses any achievements of the EU or the Scottish Government, because they are of no benefit to him personally. Talk about self-centred!
We'll just scrap the new Forth crossing and the Aberdeen by-pass, because John McNumpty has no need of them. Careful , John, you'll be advocating closing down institutions which you may be needing shortly, if your post are any indication.
john.mcn
Did you also forget you didn't want a reply

I didn't diss all achievements, i rejected the insistence that I had benefited from them, go back and read it.
Does Jagz acknowledge the Erskine bridge tolls were removed by a Labour administration and are probably far more beneficial to us West coasters than a forth rd one when it's better going up the M80. Put it this way, i had a book of 54p tickets for the Erskine bridge, never needed one for the Forth rd bridge.

The rest of your rant is just founded on your wrong assumption, carry on ya sad wee man.
angel
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 06:05pm) *
aw shucks Angel, anyone reading that would think you didn't luv me laugh.gif

Yes , you just never can tell .
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 08:32pm) *
Does Jagz acknowledge the Erskine bridge tolls were removed by a Labour administration and are probably far more beneficial to us West coasters

Well done the Labour party in Scotland. laugh.gif

Whatever became of them? unsure.gif
john.mcn

Well 717,000 people voted for them at the GE and they took 6 seats from the SNP. They are just 260,000 votes behind the SNP and if you think thats unachievable then why do you think you can overturn the Indyref result of almost 400,000
john.mcn
Suddenly that outrageous fine handed down to google all makes sense.

Brexit 'will blow hole in budget', EU commissioner warns

The UK's departure from the EU will leave a budget shortfall of at least §10bn (£8.8bn; $11.4bn), the budget commissioner has warned.
GŁnther Oettinger said the bloc must either spend less or find new money to fill the gap, equivalent to an estimated 16% of the entire budget.
Among the options on the table could be less generous payments to farmers or a tax on financial transactions.
"A big country, a net contributor is leaving," Mr Oettinger said.
"That must have consequences."
Mr Oettinger said each euro spent must have a positive impact on people's lives, as he presented a discussion paper on the EU's future.
Kemedian
Finally. The Scot Gov gets behind Brexit, but apparently now the EU doesn't recognise the legality of our proposal because EU law has superseded it? Talk about a minefield! huh.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40467090
john.mcn

The Irish aint happy, according the link below 10,000 tons of fish were caught in UK territorial waters by other countries huh.gif , thats a lot of fish.

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2017/0702/887130...tain-fisheries/
JAGZ1876
What do you think John, has Vince got a point?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/man-...ib-dem-10763351
john.mcn

I think you Bremoaners who also want to ignore the EU referendum result should take note that if some politicians are claiming we cant or wont leave the EU and excuses or reasons will be found to support that then given the deep historic, cultural, financial and family ties that Scotland has within the UK those same reasons or excuses will be tenfold.

The UK will leave the EU or these whingers may find that large parts of the public vote for the kind of 'extremist' parties prevalent across Europe that make UKIP look like Cables party.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th Jul 2017, 08:33pm) *
I think you Bremoaners who also want to ignore the EU referendum result should take note that if some politicians are claiming we cant or wont leave the EU and excuses or reasons will be found to support that then given the deep historic, cultural, financial and family ties that Scotland has within the UK those same reasons or excuses will be tenfold.

The UK will leave the EU or these whingers may find that large parts of the public vote for the kind of 'extremist' parties prevalent across Europe that make UKIP look like Cables party.

So that'll be a "NO" to Vince having a point then? laugh.gif

British Independence good Scottish independence Bad then. unsure.gif

I never saw that one coming. laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Another report for the loonies to trash:-

Hi all, sorry for the very long post but I just attended a hearing in the EP’s transport committee on the aviation sector after Brexit. Michael O’Leary was one of the speakers. There were also representatives from Heathrow airport, Charles de Gaulle and Dublin airports, Airlines for America, TUI, Lufthansa and the IAG. It was very interesting and O’Leary is a hoot ! He just tells it like it is! The gist of what they all emphasised is that the aviation sector doesn’t fall under the WTO therefore there’s no safety net for the sector if a hard Brexit happens. O’Leary insisted that for a few months at least there will not simply be no low fare flights from the UK, but no flights at all, and he wasn’t just talking about Ryanair. He also said that the sector won’t wait until March 2019. It will wait until September 2018 and will then already start cancelling flights. He hopes that at that point, the British public will wake up. He said they don’t understand things like EURATOM and financial passporting but they understand that they want to go to Spain on their holidays. They all agreed that British people will need visas if they want to travel to the EU27. The American guy was concerned about US-EU flights (377 a day). He said most of them stop off at Heathrow and then carry on to the EU27. On 20 March 2019, no-one will be able to fly into the UK. They’re all in agreement that the sector needs to stay in all the agreements already in place. MEPs were asking them about their plan B but they insisted that there is no plan B as the government doesn’t have one so they don’t know how to proceed. Surprisingly, Dublin-London is the busiest route in Europe (which will cause chaos); 900m UK-EU/EU-UK flights last year; Brexit will cause a §21bn loss in tourism spending alone. That's about it.
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Jul 2017, 10:53am) *
So that'll be a "NO" to Vince having a point then? laugh.gif

You'll need to expand on what point you are referring to, while you're at it how about giving your opinion on it when the SNP tells you what it is.

British Independence good Scottish independence Bad then. unsure.gif

Defending the result of a democratic referendum is good, you are the whinging one that refuses to accept the results of both. i would think that with your username you would have accepted losing a long time ago biggrin.gif

I never saw that one coming. laugh.gif

Well you do seem to miss a hell of a lot, take aff yet SNP blinkers.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th Jul 2017, 09:13pm) *
You'll need to expand on what point you are referring to, while you're at it how about giving your opinion on it when the SNP tells you what it is.

I was asking you what your thoughts were about Vince Cables comments on the subject this thread was created for and that you played a part in bringing about, yet all you can do is make silly jibes about the SNP and myself.

Say's it all really. yes.gif
john.mcn

He gave his opinion, i gave mine and you seem to once again avoid giving yours. How about this, next time you ask something of me try putting up your views first.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th Jul 2017, 08:24pm) *
He gave his opinion, i gave mine and you seem to once again avoid giving yours. How about this, next time you ask something of me try putting up your views first.

That must have slipped by unnoticed among all the verbiage (garbage)!
angel
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 12th Jul 2017, 05:53pm) *
That must have slipped by unnoticed among all the verbiage (garbage)!

Verbiage , what a great word , just too much hot air being spewed out . thumbup.gif

DannyH
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 11th Jul 2017, 07:11pm) *
Another report for the loonies to trash:-

Hi all, sorry for the very long post but I just attended a hearing in the EP’s transport committee on the aviation sector after Brexit. Michael O’Leary was one of the speakers. There were also representatives from Heathrow airport, Charles de Gaulle and Dublin airports, Airlines for America, TUI, Lufthansa and the IAG. It was very interesting and O’Leary is a hoot ! He just tells it like it is! The gist of what they all emphasised is that the aviation sector doesn’t fall under the WTO therefore there’s no safety net for the sector if a hard Brexit happens. O’Leary insisted that for a few months at least there will not simply be no low fare flights from the UK, but no flights at all, and he wasn’t just talking about Ryanair. He also said that the sector won’t wait until March 2019. It will wait until September 2018 and will then already start cancelling flights. He hopes that at that point, the British public will wake up. He said they don’t understand things like EURATOM and financial passporting but they understand that they want to go to Spain on their holidays. They all agreed that British people will need visas if they want to travel to the EU27. The American guy was concerned about US-EU flights (377 a day). He said most of them stop off at Heathrow and then carry on to the EU27. On 20 March 2019, no-one will be able to fly into the UK. They’re all in agreement that the sector needs to stay in all the agreements already in place. MEPs were asking them about their plan B but they insisted that there is no plan B as the government doesn’t have one so they don’t know how to proceed. Surprisingly, Dublin-London is the busiest route in Europe (which will cause chaos); 900m UK-EU/EU-UK flights last year; Brexit will cause a §21bn loss in tourism spending alone. That's about it.

Bilbo

If there are no holiday flights to Spain from the UK, it is not the British that have a problem. It is the Spanish holiday resorts. We are their customers. Similarly, I am sure all the continental fruit producers and winemakers will be rubbing their hands together saying, "Great news, we can't sell to the British anymore". They are the ones with the problem when it comes to trade agreements.

Does this mean the RAF will be banned from participating in the defence of Western countries?

Who does the 21 billion Euros loss in tourism refer to? Is it a one way thing? Is it only the British Tourist industry that will be affected?

By the way, who wrote this report? I assume it wasn't you who attended. I think he is one of the loonies you referred to in your usual friendly way. You just can't help yourself can you. You always have to demean others who post on this website.

Danny Harris
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th Jul 2017, 07:24pm) *

John, i asked you what your thoughts were on Vince Cables opinion of how Brexit will pan out, now i don't think i was being unreasonable since you were one of the people who voted that we should be in this position in the first place.

Why should i have to put my position first when i voted against this Brexit dogs dinner?
bilbo.s
QUOTE (angel @ 12th Jul 2017, 09:28pm) *
Verbiage , what a great word , just too much hot air being spewed out . thumbup.gif

"Hot air" is surely a euphemism for the noxious, malodorous gases emanating from a certain quarter. yes.gif
bilbo.s
Danny B

Why is it permissible for you to refer to others , who do not share your opinions, as "loonies", but I am demonised by you for such attitudes?
angel
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th Jul 2017, 06:13am) *
"Hot air" is surely a euphemism for the noxious, malodorous gases emanating from a certain quarter. yes.gif

Yes ! smile.gif
wombat
QUOTE (angel @ 13th Jul 2017, 07:03pm) *
Yes ! smile.gif

rolleyes.gif
wombat
tongue.gif
john.mcn
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Jul 2017, 11:03pm) *
John, i asked you what your thoughts were on Vince Cables opinion of how Brexit will pan out, now i don't think i was being unreasonable since you were one of the people who voted that we should be in this position in the first place.

No, you asked me if he had a point. He made no point but offered his opinion which is why I asked what point you were referring to.
Ahh democracy, you gotta hate it when it doesn't go your way eh
Why should i have to put my position first when i voted against this Brexit dogs dinner?

Well if you want my opinion on something in the future then post your view first otherwise you can go suck an egg.

You voted to remain in the EU because you obeyed the orders from SNP HQ, you yourself stated that you didn't care for any referendum other than another Scottish Indy one
DannyH
I see the three Amigos are back again with us, Bilbo, Wombat and Angel. None of them live in the UK, so I guess that is why all we get from them is sarcasm. None of them address the issue, because they are all living remote from the UK, and haven't a clue about real life in the UK.

Wombat of course is a wind up merchant who seems unable to use words. It therefore surprises me that one so educated as Bilbo should team up with this guy. It makes Bilbo look kind of two faced, doesn't it. Criticises some people for grammatical errors, but teams up with a guy who can't use words.

Bilbo lives in Spain and tries to frighten us by telling us that we won't get any flights out of the UK. I believe he was an accountant for a hotel group. So is he trying to tell us that Spanish hoteliers will be delighted with the news that no British holiday makers will be coming to Spain? Does he also expect us to believe that the Spanish Government will stand by and watch an important segment of their economy collapse?

Once again, I will repeat my concern about the UK being in the EU.

If we go back just over 500 years ago, to 1492 when Columbus 'discovered' America there were no Europeans living there. The indigenous populations of the American continents have been decimated. In some cases, eliminated.

My concern is that we are at the start of going down that road. That is the future for our descendants, unless we CONTROL immigration.

Wombat and Angel should know by now what happened to the indigenous people who populated the countries they now live in.

For some reason or other, Bilbo has labelled me as someone who hates foreigners because of my opinion. At least I have expressed my opinion on the issue under discussion. I am still wating to see a rational argument from him. All we get are links to what other people have said, and many of them like the "Wee Dug" are con-men asking for financial donations to keep them going.

Some people may think that 500 years is a long time. Put it into perspective. The world is millions of years old. 500 years is a blink of the eye.

Danny Harris
angel

Danny , you have been posting more or less
the same post now for quite some time .
and it is time you changed your mantra
and post something of interest or do you have
some type of fixation on Wombat , Bilbo and myself
its time to quit your personal attacks it really is
very boring.

Also I don't recall having anything to do with the annihilation
of the aboriginals peoples of North America and probably neither
does wombat in Australia biggrin.gif
and for your information , Europeans have been in the americas
for thousand of years , trekking North , South, east and west of this
continent long before Christopher Columbus or Amerigo Vespucci .
and not to forget dear old " Leith Erikson " . not sure how he
spelled his name . rolleyes.gif

bilbo.s
Absolutely, Angel. This old Danny guy tries to come across as a nice cuddly, polite old geezer, but he is really one of the most vindictive people on the boards. His needle is permanently stuck in the same groove.

Now he voices his main concern about the EU. He does not wish to see the UK flooded with immigrants, although that is not the fault of the EU, but of the UK government, which has failed to put in place regulations to stem unlimited immigration.

Of course, Danny is not a racist nor a xenophobe, as witness his concerns for the indigenous inhabitants of other countries overwhelmed by the British Empire, among others. He loves other peoples just as long as they stay put in their own back yard.

Once again we have a display of venom directed , especially to me, using personal information gleaned from previous posts, although he puts his own interpretation and spin on the facts. Womble is indeed a man of few words, but I admire the incisiveness and brevity of his comments, which nice, old. kindly Danny judges to be down to a lack of education. Likewise his comments about North America, designed to reflect badly on you, and the plight of the Australian aborigines, used as a slur against Womble. My own country of residence earns his disapproval, due to such iniquities as bullfighting, the Franco years and, no doubt, the Inquisition.

Forgive my babbling on, as I know nothing of life in UK, only having spent 65 years there and having left a million (sorry, ten) years ago. That I have a huge family in Scotland and that I visit at least annually , does not compare to Danny Boy's deep knowledge .

I must resolve to desist from calling him "Danny Boy", as it sounds almost affectionate.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 13th Jul 2017, 08:53pm) *
Well if you want my opinion on something in the future then post your view first otherwise you can go suck an egg.

You voted to remain in the EU because you obeyed the orders from SNP HQ, you yourself stated that you didn't care for any referendum other than another Scottish Indy one

The response i expected. yes.gif

Sorry to disappoint you John but i never received orders from anyone on how to vote, i agree with you however that Scottish independence is my main aim, other referendums can come after that.
JAGZ1876
QUOTE (DannyH @ 13th Jul 2017, 11:22pm) *
I see the three Amigos are back again with us, Bilbo, Wombat and Angel. None of them live in the UK, so I guess that is why all we get from them is sarcasm. None of them address the issue, because they are all living remote from the UK, and haven't a clue about real life in the UK

Put it into perspective. The world is millions of years old. 500 years is a blink of the eye.

Danny Harris

Well i live here and i don't agree with you Danny and i do have a clue about how real life is here and how things are now going beyond shambolic as the Tory/DUP shambles staggers on. sad.gif

Only about five and a half billion years out there Danny. laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Danny is unfamiliar with modern communications. Most of the world is well aware how things are in UK, and are either alarmed, disgusted, or falling about laughing at the clowns who are supposed to be governing. I should add that most have never heard of Govanhill, but neither had I for most of my life. Maybe Dyke-louper should be appointed Ambassador to UN, to raise awareness of the Syria-like conditions there.
DannyH
QUOTE (angel @ 14th Jul 2017, 02:08am) *
Danny , you have been posting more or less
the same post now for quite some time .
and it is time you changed your mantra
and post something of interest or do you have
some type of fixation on Wombat , Bilbo and myself
its time to quit your personal attacks it really is
very boring.

Also I don't recall having anything to do with the annihilation
of the aboriginals peoples of North America and probably neither
does wombat in Australia :D
and for your information , Europeans have been in the americas
for thousand of years , trekking North , South, east and west of this
continent long before Christopher Columbus or Amerigo Vespucci .
and not to forget dear old " Leith Erikson " . not sure how he
spelled his name . :rolleyes:

Angel

Apart from making sarcastic comments, in support of your two friends, when have you posted anything on this topic that is relevant to the ISSUE?

The opening line of your second paragraph explains the point I am trying to get across. Of course you didn't have any involvement in the decimation of the indigenous population. Think about it. That is what I am forecasting the descendants of the people who are coming here to live in their millions, because of the present day lack of control of our borders, will say. Thank you for your unexpected help!

Angel, you really should read and understand what people write. I didn't say Columbus discovered America. I said, "Columbus 'discovered' America". Notice anything different? If you don't see what I am getting at, Bilbo will give you a grammar lesson.

I went to school in Canada. I was taught Canadian history. I know all about the people you mentioned, and others including Lassalle, Cartier, Cabot, etc.

I cited Columbus because he had more impact on the future of the American continents than all of the others put together. The people you mention By the way where did you get the information that Europeans have been in the American continenets for thousands of years? Really interested to know where that came from.

Danny Harris

DannyH
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 14th Jul 2017, 10:44am) *
Danny is unfamiliar with modern communications. Most of the world is well aware how things are in UK, and are either alarmed, disgusted, or falling about laughing at the clowns who are supposed to be governing. I should add that most have never heard of Govanhill, but neither had I for most of my life. Maybe Dyke-louper should be appointed Ambassador to UN, to raise awareness of the Syria-like conditions there.

Bilbo

Most of the world couldn't care less about what is going on in the UK and that includes your average Spaniard. They have enough problems of their own.

Your comment regarding me being unfamiliar with modern communication, is another example of how you lack the intelligence to communicate with other people politely.

I wrote my first computer program in 1967. You would still be using a pen to communicate back then, praying for people like me to come up with computer programs that would make life easier for you. So we did. All you had to do was pump in the numbers. But we are the uneducated ones according to you. I also went on a course to build computers from scratch.

Your comments on Govanhill sum you up. Arrogant. Govanhill is a joke to you. For someone who lived in Glasgow as long as you did, to admit you had never heard of Govanhill for most of your life,
just sums you up. Completely unaware and uninterested in what was going on around you, unless it affects you personally. Which is the only reason you are hysterical regarding Brexit.

You may think it is a joke that young girls from Eastern Europe are being brought here to be sold to Pakistani's for foced marriage. Some of us still have a sense of decency.

Danny Harris
bilbo.s
I note that, whilst I am ignorant of life in UK, you, on the other hand, know what folk from other lands are thinking. I can assure you that, in Spain at least, the locals are somewhat more than bemused at the antics of the UK government and their moronic supporters. The same goes for many "furriners" of my acquaintance.

Being ahead of your time in computer programming seems to have had no bearing on your ability to comprehend how the world has shrunk (metaphorically) since your halcyon days gone-by.

It is my experience of fellow Glaswegians that they know little of their city beyond the confines of their own area and the city centre. You, being a superior being, would have an intimate knowledge of all districts. laugh.gif
Dykejumper
I think the locals in Spain should be more concerned about their country's appalling
unemployment rate.
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 14th Jul 2017, 03:37pm) *
I think the locals in Spain should be more concerned about their country's appalling
unemployment rate.

They are, they are, but I'm sure they would be appreciative of your show of sympathy and concern. It is sympathy and concern, isn't it?

Perhaps it is their way of taking their minds off domestic problems, and to realise that others are worse-off than they. Light relief, if you will.

I don't think it could be justifiably described as "Schadenfreude". I'll leave that to you and others. tongue.gif
Dykejumper
So who exactly is worse off than Spain? Greece perhaps. Meanwhile Spanish graduates who cant get a job have been flocking to the UK to get jobs in the Hotel/Bar trade
I take it you are aware that the UK pays huge sums into the EU and that your adopted country
takes large sums out?
bilbo.s
You have no objection to this system when it is England taking large sums out and Scotland putting them in, or have you been listening to the wrong people? UK contributions to EU amount to <1% of total budget-fact. How much of Scotland's revenue goes to UK?

When is just one of you going to give a valid reason for leaving EU, especially when it's revealed painfully each day what a shambles it is going to be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.