Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
celtic-chic67
keelie I don't know wits up wae me,every time I got one of them tae school I started tae get a wee bit broody,I think it's cause I miss them when they are at school.when they came home,I wished they where still at school. laugh.gif laugh.gif nae pleasing me.
tammy
Keeli I phoned you 3 times pal, finally had a wee chat with John. LOL! Put up my tree yesterday and let the girl's decorate it last night and put out the decorations. So, that's finally done, now I have the house cleaning to get done. Back to work tomorrow. Jean I say go to whomever makes you happiest. It's hard to find a new hairdresser. But, sometimes the old gets in a rut with your hair and it just always looks the same. I think a change is good.
jakka13
Well made up my mind .The hair gets cut next Saturday .I went in and talked to the guy in the salon .He said my hair is to curly for the style I want .He said I should go short with a bit of style to it .He showed me a picture similar to what he wants to do so I'll take his advice .
Angela Chick
Jakka a change is well good biggrin.gif so you go for it, bought a red christmas stetson the day for my night out on the 19th yee haa lol.

Michelle are you mad lassie?? only joking 3 weans good luck to ya biggrin.gif
RonD
Well it's obvious that Betty's room has the status of being the oldest thread on GG but also the most popular. I was just wondering who would post the 10,000th post, I hope it's Betty, after all!!!!
Angela Chick
Hello all.

Was browsing for a nice christmas picture and i like this one biggrin.gif wrapped most of my gifts today well mark did he loves doing it lol, a prefer doing up the tree. wub.gif

Quiet in here well must all be up to their eyes in it. lol.
Melody
Hello Angela pal, nice to see you on, a friendly face. smile.gif You sound so organised for Christmas, it's a quiet wee hoose tonight. How's Betty Angela? Have you heard from her?
Angela Chick
Hi melody biggrin.gif no i havent heard from betty she must be busy or out shopping laugh.gif

Organised? no way i still need to buy more gifts for my family.
Melody
Och we'll get there we always do somehow or other. laugh.gif My favourite bit of Christmas Day is when the table is all ready for dinner. smile.gif I haven't wrapped a single thing yet. I think I've got most things now though. Wonder what Betty's up to.
Java
Is there a seat by the fire furra wee frozen soul?
Angela Chick
Aye melody a love that as well table all nice and inviting biggrin.gif ye know betty shop till she drops laugh.gif i love christmas night a wee drink and stuffing my face watching a dvd, im off out at the bells hate in the house at the bells a like to be out partying hail rain or snow lol.

Hi java
Melody
Of course there is Java, this is Betty's Wee hoose, always a seat at the fire for a weary traveller. smile.gif
Java
Tisny fair that it's cauld ootside but nae snow....shouldny be allowed....

Oh d'ye know, ah used tae hate at the bells when folk ye barely knew were roon and there's that awkward New Year kiss moment, cos everybod's still sober......is that a Scottish thing d'ye think?
Angela Chick
Aye might be java laugh.gif a was in that live chat maself biggrin.gif
Melody
Whit kissin'? Or those awkward moments? laugh.gif
Java
Oh 'mon back in, we'll gie it a wee go....haud oan tae a check ma java apples....laugh.gif
Melody
Naebudy in ther' tae kiss ah don't expect Angela. laugh.gif

Ah don't like it.
Java
See, ah don't think we were really a family for aw the kissin stuff....ah think ye were jist supposed tae know, ye know....laugh.gif
Melody
Aye, and we did know. The Scots are aw pent up emotion an greetin' an bravery nae kissin' allowed in fact we're just wonderful. Nane o' that Jessie kissin' stuff. Except for when naebudy's lookin'.
Java
laugh.gif Dae you know ma mammy....laugh.gif
Melody
Think she reared me. laugh.gif
Melody
Is Angela away in that chat thingy, see that's whit happens folk have been know tae get lost in they places ye know. unsure.gif
Java
And whit a job she did....laugh.gif laugh.gif

Find a rope an tie it tae that big chair ower there.....nae point us aw gettin loast...
Melody
laugh.gif laugh.gif Ah'm away, ah'm too scared o' they places it's dark an everythin'.
Elma
I tried to get into the new chat but I am not allowed. Said I have to have a Java or something, so Java can you help me?????? and I don't seem to have applets either so they'll have to do without my wit and wisdom in there!! laugh.gif
jakka13
No even got to Christmas yet and here we ur talkin aboot "Nearday " .this should gee ye a laugh .first new Year in Canada !!!! .Three wee weans ,nabody ta babysit .Our next door neighbors invited us to there party .Now a nearday party at hame began at mid-night ,but they were knocking on our door at 8:30pm to join in .We got the weans settled ,went in next door and the man said "Oh I'm glad you came ,we've got a German ,an Englishman a real Indian and you "
the bells rang ,I was bawling ,(missed my family ) and we went home .
Next morning we got a call from some Scottish friends asking if they would mind them coming over on New Years Day .Come on in we said ,I had a big Steak Pie ,just incase we got company .
They had also spent the Eve with some neighbors who presented them with song sheets as they walked in the door and had spent so many hours singinging Scottish songs they were brain dead .We compared notes and decided we would just remember to celebrate together .
RonD
Och kissin' in Scotland is only furr Postman's knock!!! wub.gif
betty2
Mornin, bright cold wan here, but its dry

Ron never realised ah wis reachin the 10,000 mark When it comes around ah,ll put in a special post , to all the faithful who have graced this wee room over the years.Its popularuty has never wavered and is still the "IN PLACE" on gg So to all new members WELCOME and to those who choose not to post [ but ah dae know yis read] enjoy the reading rolleyes.gif

Had a great weekend started off friday met up with an old school friend who I had,nt seen since 1957 what a day that was . We talked over the happy childhood memories we shared. Then saturday bingo gave me a 700 win, So who,s a happy bunny this bright mornin biggrin.gif
betty2
Another busy day ahead so off for now will try to get on later, but therrs no enuff hours in the day fur me at present rolleyes.gif
celtic-chic67
congratulations betty on your win at bingo,good on you wink.gif ,I bet you and your pal had a lot of catching up tae day after all these years.you just take it easy betty & don't take too much out yourself or come christmas you'll no be worth a button.slow down woman. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Hi betty what a special day for yi aha know the thrill of seeing a pal after years apart,,enjoy your BIG win as aha know you will hen,,wink.gif so aw drinks oan you the night betty,,Lass
Angela Chick
Well done betty on your win i hope you just keep on winning and winning wub.gif

Catch up soon. biggrin.gif
RonD
Betty, I know the feeling. I got to meet up with a lad with whom I went to primary school , we had a lovely evening in the local and met up with some others that I hadn't seen since 1958. That was in Jan 2005.
keelie gal
Morning all , Betty thats great news about yer win the other nite more money fer yer wee shopping spree's , well folks its freezing here just now just walked to the bakers fer crusty bread and mince pies and couldnt wait to get back in the hoose i was shaking like a leaf wi the cauld talk aboot brass monkeys , got a big pot o soup thanks to my wee mammy ,and my two pals are comming round to put up the tree and the dec's today so i have plenty in to feed my helpers ,stopped in at the post office and asked the wee woman fer a book of second hand stamps wasnae till she burst oot laughing and said do you mean a book of second class stamps laugh.gif was laughing that much i came oot and forgot to buy the daily record trust me eh . rolleyes.gif
betty2
Mornin all, keelie yir some wummin biggrin.gif [second hand stamps] lol House sittin the day at my daughters, she is having work done so am the overseer, that jist means makin tea for the workman. Nae merr shoppin fur me, believe it or not am fed up prowlin roon shops tongue.gif . Ah like it better in normal times shoppin, canny be daen wae these seasonal shoppers. Dont leave enuff room fur us professionals. Stay good an if yi canny be careful
stratson
Congratulations on your win Betty. Re. xmas shoppin', jist canny go the crowds, ye canny browse wae everybiddy pushin' an shovin'. rolleyes.gif
betty2
Been sent tae ma room wink.gif g/son wants tae see a film oan a big screen , so here I amm s/no ferr sad.gif
jakka13
Well done Betty ,always nice to win ,especially at this time of year ,
I know what you mean about not having enough hours in the day .I had a special request from my daughter and my G-son (the one in the army ) for tottie scones .I' spent the morning cooking ,made eight and a half dozen ,that should keep them quiet for a while .I made some Oprah Fudge and I've got Macaroons started for the lassies on Saturday .I'm having lunch with a pal tomorrow so the Millionaires Shortbread will get made on Thursday .
I've made five fruit cakes and I've two more in the oven as I write .Five more to go and then I'm finished .
I'll have to think about making some slice sausages .They all enjoy them with their breakfast.
They can wait till next week .
Well ,better go and check my oven . wink.gif
RonD
OK! only twelve more posts tae go, everybody make sure that they leave the 10,000th post furr Betty, efter a' it's her room. Ah imagine she's oot there sharin' the wealth o' her big win wi' some shoaps! Anywey, Betty ah don't want ye tae huv any pressure, but a' ye huv tae dae is say somethin' earth shatterin', world savin', somethin' that will be yer historical legacy an' lastly profound, cin ye manage that?? Like ah say nae pressure!!!!! rolleyes.gif wink.gif
jaybee
jist helpin the count down here..... only 10 more after this. Well done Betty, a great wee thread and its awe yours.... jaybee
Angela Chick
Hello all.

Well i wonder what our betty will have planned for the big 10,000 post? something good known betty biggrin.gif Love this wee place always a cherry smile or gab and credit to wee mags as well for starting it biggrin.gif
Elma
Maybe Betty's creating a new poem for her very special occasion, can't wait to see........... tongue.gif
tammy
Hello pals!!! wub.gif Well today was the first day off I have of13!!! I managed to get my laundry almost finished and some Christmas presents picked up! I have missed all of you. Keelie I hope your hand is better doll. Angie, how was your party?? Phil an I have two Christmas dinners this weekend, one Saturday night and one Sunday night. I can't wait! I love seeing people during this time of year, it's always fun. I just wish I could see some of you!!! Ahh well you know I think of you all often. Betty how did you win money? I havn't figured out the post yet? As for the New Year's kissing, it happens here too and I hate it. Seriously, who wants to kiss strangers! I just find it repulsive, to have some slobbering drunk I've barely known 5 minutes try and give me a kiss! Honestly you don't know where they've been! LOL! Well pals, I hope you're all enjoying the season and have found the true meaning of joy. Let's hope it's a safe one for all. I best get back to things! Will hopefully catch you all soon! Oh Betty, how is your eye doing?
jaybee
Where is everyone? I am in here all by myself... Angela Chick, where's Melody and where is Betty, huve ye all run away and left me??????
Gallusbisom
Naw hen,

Ma guess is we awe want Betty tae huv the BIG POST, efter awe, ther's naebuddy mare entitled. It coulnae come fae a better freen.

GB
Melody
Hi ya pals, wonder if she's got the perfect poem ready? smile.gif You never said a truer word GB, Betty is a credit to Glasgow and to these boards. This particular topic proved to be a source of comfort and fun to many over the years. Well done Betty, another wonderful achievement. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Hello ladies.

Jaybee a think melody will probably be busy with christmas biggrin.gif and betty is doing good i spoke to her the other day, we would never skedaddle and leave ya. lol.

GB yer right betty is a good yin. biggrin.gif Ooops melody never saw ye there, right no more posts from me till betty comes in lassies.
betty2
We,re almost therr rolleyes.gif
betty2
An a wee bitty merr rolleyes.gif
betty2
Only wey tae dae it is tae dae it masel biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.