Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Java
Mornin' Betty....tis the same here....next time yer oot have a wee look for a nice yella raincoat fur me will ye....wanna they wans they wear oan the boats should jist aboot dae....wi a hat tae match...mattrafact, make it a green raincoat and a yella hat....ah'll look like a big daffadil....
celtic-chic67
mornin betty,how's your eye today ?hope gets better soon wub.gif
betty2
Well you,ll certainly huv a sunny look Java dressed up in that gear biggrin.gif Huv tae go an feed ma face stay cool rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Hello Ladies, sorry not been on for a few days as you know i posted on friday i had my works do on friday night ,well the night was fantastic, but sadly around 2.30am whilst waiting for our taxi's after the dancing we were mugged and i was hit with a knife trying to defend maself the knife sliced through my right ring finger and wee pinky cutting the tendons so i had to go to hospital to have an operation to repair the tendons before they could stitch the wounds went down to theatre saturday lunch time and hopefully the op was a success have to go back friday to see the specailist and have a new splinter made as i have to keep my arm elevated at all times ,Thankfully it was all caught on CCTV so the police are confident they know who they are what makes it worse though is it was a nicely dressed couple who did this and it was the female who hit me and Julie with the knife this really did shock us as not for one second did we think we were in any danger we just thought they were going to ask us for directions or something but there you go you live and learn as they say and it has taught me a lesson and it could have been worse they could have aimed for our heads or faces im just thankfull they did'nt and that we are both okay i have been signed off work for 2 months thats more a killer for me i wont know what to do with myself but i will think of something as i refuse to sit around doing nothing just gonna have to get used to doing everything one handed john made me some dinner last nite and handed me a knife n fork and i told him he would have to cut my dinner up as i cant use the knife his wee face was a picture lassies but we both burst out laughing and had a good giggle about it ,this morning before he went to work i asked him to put my hair up in a pony tail my god you should see my hair i look like something out of a comedy sketch but god love him fer trying eh ,well lassies im away fer a wee rest as im typing wi one finger here and its starting to ache but will get on soon to catch up with you all so bye fer now x
Angela Chick
keelie am sorry to hear that, what an evil couple they were hope they throw the book at them, you take it easy pal and rest up wub.gif and good on you for your positive attitude you and john giggling about the ponytail i can just imagine it biggrin.gif but he tried and thats love.

Speedy recovery to you.
glasgow lass
Hi Keelie that was an awful thing to happen to you guys,,what creeps eh,, aha wish you a speedy recovery hen and take care of yirsel,,Lass
celtic-chic67
mad.gif keelie,so sorry tae hear about your terrible ordeal,tae think your just out to have a good time and B******S like that come along and spoil it all.I hope the police get the low-life thugs that did this.just you keep on being positive & don't let this spoil your christmas.take care. wink.gif
Anne1
rolleyes.gif Hello Keelie, so sorry to hear what happened to you I do hope you are ok jusr do what Doctors tell you and rest and keep your chin up and think of your wee holiday to come, bliddy animals attacking two young women[ albeit another woman attacking you] dirty dogs will get their comuppence dont you worry hen. Hows wee blossom doing, take care will pm you later
betty2
Keelie what an awful thing to happen, this world is so full of evil people such as those who attacked you, I hope they get the low life anomals who did this to you.
Youre attitude is typical of the woman that you are, even in a traumatic situation , you can raise a laugh. .Tae hell ponytails sre quite becoming biggrin.gif and I,m sure John styled it with loving caring hands. You take things easy now , and keep me posted on any further developements, will be in touch personally , KEEP SMILING biggrin.gif
jaybee
Keelie, I think all your friends here have said it all.... take care of yourself and hopefully you will have the last laugh when they catch up with them and you can watch them go to jail and hopefully rot in jail. That would be too good for them. Jaybee
betty2
Nae need tae get bored keelie were always here to share in youre down days , thats what this wee room was started for , sharing all aspects of everyday life , no matter what. Theres aye a kettle on the boil an a wee fairy cake at hand biggrin.gif
Java
Lotsa friendly faces oan the night...mon wull have a party, cheer Keelie up...biggrin.gif
murn
OMG Keelie jist read this what a shock, hope they get the B's. Your right, you have to be thankfull that it wisnae yer face or worse. Jist sickens yee. Hope yee feel better soon and remember yee jist need wan hand tae drink yer tea or chat on the board. awe the best tae yee wub.gif
glasgow lass
Aye aw right ,,, ahve jist traded mah man so ahve got the wine tongue.gif
murn
laugh.gif laugh.gif
I drank awe mine
tammy
Hi keelie,

That's unbelievable! I'm so glad it was only your finger and nothing else that got slashed! Bloody witch! You rest up and keep your positive attitude. I bet John is just happy that you are ok, I know how much he adores you. I will be phoning pal. But, could you maybe post a wee photo of your lovely hairdo? LOL! wub.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
hive yi no goat another yi cin trade in,,, how aboot the guy next door tongue.gif
murn
Whit the hillbilly? mabye I could get some moonshine fur him unsure.gif
Heather
Keelie that was a dreadful thing to happen, really shocking. I hope they get the thugs that did it. mad.gif

You must have been in a state of shock, especially as this couple looked respectable it made the attack all more surprising.

I can well understand your problem with only one good hand, as I sliced through my fingers a few months ago and got 14 stitches and also had to get my food cut up for me, and clothes buttoned as well. My arm was also in a sling to keep it up, the Doctor said it helps the pain.

I hope you feel better soon and get over the shock.
petalpeeps
Hi Keelie , Hope your injury heals well , i also hope this doesn't frighten you from going out again . It just shows that appearances can be deceptive , it's normally groups of youngsters we all feel a wee bit scared of , you wouldn't think of a couple of decent looking people doing this mad.gif Take things easy till you get back to normal which hopefully wont be too long .
betty2
Keelie you grab that big chair , alotta visitors in here the night , , hope we,ve goat enuff cups, , but somehow ah dont think its tea they drink biggrin.gif Well they say there,s always somebody worse than yirsel. Always wan. So you keep smilin an thats what helps you make it through life. You,re experience was a horrendous thing to happen to anyone. Lets hope these animals are brought to justice, An keelie ah type wae wan finger aw the time, an read wae wan eye an therrs no much gets past me rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Oh betty im laughing so much here it hurts, Thank you to all of you for all the lovely messages and emails has really cheered me up so a big thank you to you all for your kind words and support will catch you all up tomorrow sweet dreams all x
Elma
Keelie, I'm catching up on posts and have just read of your horrible experience at the end of a lovely night out. Keep smiling girl, you have a great attitude and let John pamper you, you know he will want to anyway. smile.gif wub.gif
maryhillgal
I too am just catching up Keelie and was shocked and angered to read about the assault on you. Can't trust anyone these days, that is why I never go out alone at night unless I am in the car. You keep your chin up and keep smiling, as you seem to have a positive attitude. I hope the police get the morons that did this to you.
jakka13
OK Keelie pet ,you just sit yourself down in Betty's big chair .All your pals are around you and we'll all help you feel better .The two low life that hurt you will get theirs .
There's enough of us on here tonight to manage a bowl of my Knock Out Punch .Moan we'll hiv a perty .I'll mix up the first batch ,and sort out the singers ,I've got some vol-au-vents and I'll make a nice chicken filling .I'll do some with shrimp for the seafood lovers .
Now you only need one hand to hold on to your punch cup and you can put it down to eat .Don't worry about your hair I'm sure it will look great .Put your feet up ,your amongst freens .
Angela Chick
Morning all. biggrin.gif

Off to my WW class soon, Kellie hope your doing ok pal and resting up. wub.gif
Catherine
Jist catchin up here masel guys, Keelie what an awful thing tae happen to ye.
All the best pet...an jist think by the time yer two months aff work's up John could go intae pert time herrdressin wae aw the practise he'll get daen yours laugh.gif

We're aw loaded in here wae the cauld, boys have been aff aw week an noo Geoffs jist came in the door annaw.
Ah feel as if it's one gets better two get sick in here sometimes...ye get bloody fed up don't ye biggrin.gif

Anyway..how ye's aw doin?
tammy
Hi Keelie girl, Gonna try to call today, yesterday was crazy here. Phil was angry about what happned to you too and wanted to know that you were ok and said do they know who did it. He asked about all the camera's you guys have out everywhere. Lets hope they catch them before they can target smeone else.

Angie, enjoy your meeting, glad to see you finally got your Christmas shopping in and are feeling better.

Betty your determination and strong spirit is amazing to all that know you. I love how you just get on with things and look on the positive side and try not to let anything or anyone get you down.

Catherine where have you been????? Hope you and your's are feeling better soon.

Jakka, I'm feeling a bit parched here, could you pass me a glass of your famous punch please. Keelie don't worry pal, I'll cut your food up for you and we'll have a wee spa party in here too. I've brought my straightening irons and things, we'll fix your hair up so you'll look your usual gorgeous self. Everyone else can put their feet up, the girl's will be in to do the manicures and facials and make up for all.
Angela Chick
Hello Ladies,

Im braving it the night going late night shopping in Braehead biggrin.gif and worse Marks going with me lol so if i see him admiring anything then dont care what it is he's getting it for Christmas laugh.gif at least woman are easy to buy for lol.
jaybee
Angela... you have me laughing here. Watch out, Mark might be eyeing a pretty girl... I am sure that is not something you would want to get him for Christmas...lol. As you said, you didn't care what is was, he's getting it for Christmas... be careful what you wish for girl.....lol
Java
Whit time dis the prettifyin' stuff start? Ocht ah'll jist sit here anyways, somebody's bound tae come in....ah wunner if ma hair wid fit in rollers.......ah wunner whit these weird things are fur.... huh.gif
glasgow lass
Java aha wiz waiting oan yi ferr keelies perty but yi never showed up so noo ahve goat nae man and nae wine laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Ah've been sittin here wi two slices o' cucumber for the last two hours....and no a bitta breid in the place....who wis meant tae dae the shoppin? and where's aw the beautifyin' stuff?
tammy
Right Java, I'm not only here with the girl's who are going to make us all beautiful I've brought a few boxes of Black magic chocolates to share too! So, put your feet up hen, what color do you want your toe nails done????
tammy
Jakka can I have another glass of your delicious punch I'm tired and fed up putting out all my Christmas decorations and I'm only 50% done. I've decided I'm only put out about 50% too, cause it's too much work. Trees up, waiting on lights and decorating. Anyone want to come over and do it for me?
Angela Chick
QUOTE (jaybee @ 5th Dec 2007, 05:06 PM) *
Angela... you have me laughing here. Watch out, Mark might be eyeing a pretty girl... I am sure that is not something you would want to get him for Christmas...lol. As you said, you didn't care what is was, he's getting it for Christmas... be careful what you wish for girl.....lol

Aye jaybee just realised how it sounded laugh.gif well as for him eyeing up pretty gals what am i scotch mist?(only joking) laugh.gif well you know what they say if you dont look your dead hehe.

Braehead was so busy got a few gifts but not as much as i had planned, mark was getting grumpy cos of the long queues and he aint much of a shopper at the best of times so next time im going myself. lol
celtic-chic67
angela,why don't you give mark a wee angela or a wee mark for his christmas laugh.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif celtchic i dont think angie would have time to fit a wean in marks stocking by xmas laugh.gif
celtic-chic67
laugh.gif I know, but there's nae herm in trying laugh.gif
maryhillgal
laugh.gif laugh.gif
jakka13
Noo here lassies ,I need your advice .I have gone to the same wee lassie (hairdresser ) for years .Cheep and cheerful .My lassies said I should go to a salon and get something stylish ?
Went to a salon ,spent four times what I spend in my wee Lassies shop .didn't look any different .
Went to another salon with a picture ,told them I wanted to have hair like Joan Rivers !!! Ended up like Dear Abby .I've been letting it grow ,do I try another salon ,or do I just go back to my ain wee lassie who scalps me ????
maryhillgal
Go back to yer ain wee Lassie Jakka - I also have tried posh salons and hair never looked any better but cost double the price. Cheap'n'cheerful suits me fine. Mind you my youngest son is going wae a hairdresser who has her own salon so I now get mine done for nothing am I jammy or whit]? and she comes to the house to do it. {She just won't take anything for doing it which annoys me so will have to get her something extra special for Xmas],
Catherine
Jean a lot of it comes doon tae how the herr lifts fae the root an which direction it grows in, texture, volume ....no tae mention the shape of the heid, crown placement etc...two or wan or hauf a dozen, used tae be a herrdresser..trust me laugh.gif
If yer goin croppy an no much else then usually nae probs, but if yer lookin for change wae length involved then ye need tae be prepared tae work a bit more oan it.

A lot a nice hats oot therrr the noo annaw sure therr is .....hats are a blessin wae me in the winter laugh.gif
jakka13
Catherine darlin ,I've always been told my heed buttons up the back .You can be the judge on the 15th as to wether I should go short again .
Angel won't be able to join us ,so it looks like the usual suspects again .I,look forward to seeing everyone again .
keelie gal
Jakka i hope ye find a wee hairdo that suits you ,try having it styled a few different ways before ye go for the cut that way ye can see what suits ye best,sorry i missed the party last nite ladies trust me eh ,had so many visitors round the day just flew by,got so many flowers i feel like im sitting in the garden of eden biggrin.gif

Betty how is you're eye hope you are well and still getting lucky with the bingo and enjoying yer wee shopping sprees,our weather doon here has been terrible heavy rain and gale force winds so im kinda glad im tucked up in the hoose nice n warm even if daytime TV is driving me up the wall so glad i have the internet i really would be lost without it right now and the online shopping is a wee godsend im away to have my porridge now so catch you all later x
Gemini
good morning all thats me back on again waqs having trouble with pc and had to finally buy a new one not something I intende4d to do especially this time of year but got up and running again Wednesday and had a hard time getting back to my usual website browsings I swear when this one goes thats the last, getting too costly anymore, anyhow I will read my book and find out how this thing works, this is nothing like the last one I had so I have a lot of catching up to do on the board.
Angela Chick
QUOTE (CELTCHIC67 @ 6th Dec 2007, 12:07 AM) *
angela,why don't you give mark a wee angela or a wee mark for his christmas laugh.gif

Michelle aye right ha ha ma lauren is 19 next year no way would rather put ma head in the oven and thats the truth, am like billy connelly i dont like kids except my own laugh.gif
Angela Chick
QUOTE (keelie gal @ 6th Dec 2007, 12:45 AM) *
laugh.gif celtchic i dont think angie would have time to fit a wean in marks stocking by xmas

Lmao keelie great comeback there. laugh.gif
celtic-chic67
laugh.gif your quite right angela, it's only dafties like me that have weans
late on,my son was 15 and my oldest daughter was 10 when I had
shannon,and believe me,she looks like an angle,but she's the devil
in disguise.worse than the other two put together. laugh.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif Thats weans fer ye eh celtchic but we would'nt part with them for the world eh, like Angie i only had the one as well and Tommy is nearly 21 now only seems like yesterday i was decorating his bedroom in all the celtic stuff,noo im going roon and help decorating his wee hoose,its true wit they say enjoy yer weans while there young fer there no weans fer long ,but i can honestly say one was enough fer me laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.