Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
keelie gal
Good luck with tracing the photos mags but you are taking your computer to the best place as those guys can work wonders on them
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 25th Nov 2007, 06:16 PM) *
PS, is her song" Tears dry " still popular over there in GB.

I like rehab, she is a great singer.
Angela Chick
Hiya Ladies.

I like all her songs especially Valerie and Back to Black, she is very popular over here GL. Hope she gets off that junk and sorts herself cos she has an amazing voice biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Rehab and valarie are my two favourites
glasgow lass
Hi thanks for that lassies,,,first time I heard "Tears dry " aha was hooked on her sound, and thats almost three months ago not heard the others you both mentioned, caught the tail end of a documentery the other night and Amy was in part of it,,,Lass smile.gif
keelie gal
Morning Ladies im up bright and early today got lots to do so im on a mission today quick bite to eat and a cuppa a wee scoot roon the boards then it's time to get my skates on as latley it seems there 's never enough hours in the day for me but at least the sun is out today so thats a bonus well ladies catch you all later wink.gif
betty2
Mornin ladies biggrin.gif off to the city for a browse round the shops, Must check out that singer Angela , so many good comments . Catch you all later
betty2
Early bird catches the worm rolleyes.gif thats me this mornin
Java
Good mornin' Everybody biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Afternoon all,

Well im loaded with the cold here wub.gif sneezing all over the place and look like a bag of washing lol. So its of to bed for me with the lemsips and box after box of hankies. biggrin.gif

Catch you all later.
celtic-chic67
hope your feeling better soon angela.
keelie gal
Angie get well soon pal i know how ye feel i had it the other week its no fun eh ,mind you those lemsips max strength i swear by them they sure done the trick for me wink.gif
jaybee
Lots of liquids Angela, flush the darned cold out of you. Take care and hope you are feeling in tip top shape for the weekend. Jaybee
Angela Chick
Thanks lassies, a feel a wee bit better after a snooze earlier just need to stop sneezing rolleyes.gif

Jaybee a better be need to do more christmas shopping. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Feel good soon Angela,,Lass smile.gif
glasgow lass
Aye ,, is there a product over there for colds called Tylenol ?
keelie gal
Lass i have never heard of it before ,but maybe thats just because i have never asked for it
glasgow lass
Aye Keelie its what I take for colds or flu,,it helps with chills , aches pains and fevers.
keelie gal
I must look out for it Lass i will have a wee look in the chemist as iam going there tomorrow to pick some foto's up so i will let you know
keelie gal
Afternoon all hope you are all having a good day ,its baltic doon here but im keeping well wrapped up angie hope yer feeling a bit better today pal biggrin.gif
jaybee
Keelie, it is minus 13 here.....kind of weather that when you sniff in your nostrils get stuck together....lol.
keelie gal
My god Jaybee that is cold minus 13 BBrrrrrr,hope yer keeping well wrapped up biggrin.gif
jakka13
Hi everybody ,Angela Chick I hope you're feeling better .Keelie ,I don't think you can get Tylenol over in the U.K .It is the same as Paracetamol .Over here we have Tylenol and "Tylenol forColds" Maybe check in the Chemist for something similar .
Hope all is well with you Betty .
Well way past my bedtime ,Goodnight All .
betty2
Good morning all rolleyes.gif another day nearer xmas
keelie gal
Morning Betty wink.gif Aye christmas sure is comming round fast eh ,with saturday being the 1st December the countdown will soon begin
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye good mornin betty and everyone, last nite was bitter cauld here aha couldnt get warmed for ages Ive got to stop running oot the gym in mah shorts whan ah leave,lol,, howz the weather there,,Lass
Gemini
morning all, Jakka I had a great time in Niagara and the lights were fantastic, met up with my cousing who I haven't seen in about 50yrs, and was just great getting caught up with each other. Weather here is up and down like a yoyo, still trying to getting all those leaves raked before the snow comes.
Isobel
Gemini glad you enjoyed your wee trip to our side of the border
keelie gal
Glasgow Lass get yerself a pair of tracksuit bottoms fer the Gym will keep yer pins nice n warm laugh.gif
Elma
Had a lovely lunch out today at a friends house, there were 11 of us, had a great time. smile.gif
keelie gal
Hello All hope you all have a nice weekend ,getting ready for a nite out tonite with the lassies from work we are having our xmas do as we have to have it early as we are so busy right up till new years ,so we are off for a meal then going dancing after should be a good night last year was brilliant so im really looking forward to it so im away to get my frock and dancing shoes on biggrin.gif
maryhillgal
Hope you have a great time Keeliegal.
celtic-chic67
hope you have a great nite keelie,don't get to drunk laugh.gif
jakka13
Have a rerr terr Keelie .I'll dae the stairs while your'e oot .I brought some home made savory roll for sandwiches and I got a nice new loaf and Lurpac butter .I made some biscuits for afters .If somebody puts the kettle on I'll get the pieces ready .
betty2
Lassies night out rolleyes.gif theyre the best. Nothing tae beat a hen night. Still rainin here so think iys gonny be a wet xmas. Have,nt been on much this week, busy ,busy, busy. Been into town and the shops are jumping , Keelie my lassies night is in a coupla weeks [need tae check the date] and I,m looking forward to it, we have a dinner and dance, sigsong, and a swally wee game o bingo and raffles, usually good prizes to be won if youre lucky enough.Also this is my chance to wear the suit I bought in Portugal. never had it on yet.

Meeting up with Jess today for bingo, then what ever takes our fancy.. Got Lee,s graduation photo,s today but will havw to wait for somebody smarter than masel tae post them. Huvnae a clue in that dept. Have a nice day biggrin.gif
betty2
Melody ??wherr are yi pal biggrin.gif drop in fur a gab an a cuppa brighten ma day rolleyes.gif dont suppose yir up yet ,think ah,ll need tae go back fur anither snoozzzzzzzeeeeeeee
betty2
Nornin Tammy noticed you,ve just come on , dont take this personally but I,m going off now, beginnin to feel tired . Enjoy you,re day biggrin.gif
tammy
Sorry Betty, I come on yesterday, but I couldn't access the posts, something wrong. The site was running too slow here. I'm soon back off to my bed. We have ad a lot of snow today and it was a very busy and eventful day at work today. I hope you are feeling better Betty. What is new with you? I had a wonderful surprise yesterday when I got hoem form work. Keelie had sent me a Christmas parcel, so it was very uplifting after a long day at work. It definitely put a smile on my face. I can't wait to open it on Christmas day! And she sent me the chocolates I was trying to find. Nice girl that she is. That's why I still try and pop into This wee room cause this is where all my wonderful pals still come too for a nice chat and a place to relax and unwind. Hope to catch up with all of you very soon. wub.gif
tammy
Oh Keelie, meant to ask how was your night out with the girls??? Bet you had a fabulous time! Hard to believ it's December already! Better get crackin on my Cristmas preparations. Good night all.
Angela Chick
Afternoon all,

Thats me kinda getting back on track now after having that lousy cold all week, managed to get out yesterday to do Christmas shopping after being stuck in all week was going round the bend rolleyes.gif got my christmas night out on the 19th looking forward to that. Now im searching online to see if i can come up with a christmas present for mark, he doesn't wear jewellery, has every gadget thats going ie xbox360, pc, portable dvd player, mp4 player, sat nav etc, very fussy about clothes(even though i have great taste) so im just not sure what to buy a man who has everything. ohmy.gif
RonD
Aye especially when he huz you Angela wub.gif cool.gif
Angela Chick
Awww thank you Ron your a sweetheart biggrin.gif still dont know what to buy him im starting to get annoyed cause he keeps saying " och a dont know angela surprise me" rolleyes.gif you any suggestions Ron?? Lol.
betty2
Whit tae buy the guy who has everything, [including you] thats a tricky one Angela, canny help you in that dept, been that long since ah bought fur a man, wink.gif iI got Lee his laptop, so thats him soartit, the g ,/daughters bein teenagers and goat their granny,s thirst fur shoppin are gettin money . They ,ll enjoy hittin the sales.

Nice surprise Tammy and yes Keelie comes over to me as being a very nice person, like others on here who still enjoy the comfort this wee room brings..

Going to meet an old schoolfriend whom I have,nt seen in 50 odd years on friday, looking forward to it, she,s the one who is pictured with me a few pages back, when we were kids.

My eye is giving me problems so not able to read posts without the use of a magnifying glass so if I,m missing anyone out who is referring to me on here its not intentional, Well thats my news for present cheers to aw ma room mates rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Sorry about your eye Betty .Why don't you sit down and put your feet up and we'll pamper you a wee bit .I'll dae yer brasses efter a finish the stairs .Then I'll nip oot and get some fairy cakes for a wee cuppa .
Angela Chick ,just read your post re presents for Mark .Buy yourself a knock out outfit and tell him you bought it for him to look at on you wub.gif
betty2
Jakka been sittin wae ma feet up these past 2 days and am gettin bored. Got the eye clinic on thursday but not expecting any miracle news on that score. Nae use greetin aboot it , its more a nuisance than anything else,

Tea an fairy cakes sounds lovely "did yi bake them?" biggrin.gif
jakka13
Naw hen ,too busy Christmas shopping ,I'll jist run oot tae the City Bakeries .
I'll have enough stuff to make next week getting ready for our wee lunch meet .I've got orders in for Macaroons and Millionairs Shortbread .I've a batch of Macaroons to make this week for my lassie's birthday on Friday .She's hivin a bunch o' lassies up on Saturday night and wanted some fruit cake and macaroons .I'm going up on Friday and I'll mix her a bowl of my punch before I leave on Saturday morning .That should put them in the party spirit .
betty2
Jakka ma mooth,s waterin readin yir post biggrin.gif
betty2
Goin tae try an get some shuteye night night
jakka13
Hid tae erun and answer the phone .Goodnight all .
betty2
Mornin all iys wet and miserable so I aint goin anywhere wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.