Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
glasgow lass
Aye Marjy aha hope yir taking ir easy the noo,,, aha know yi said you hadnt been feeling well but never thought that,,, take care hen,,,Marjy did you know a Mrs Oakley who lived doon your way a few yrs ago,,,Las smile.gif s
maryhillgal
Oh Goad aye Betty. The excitement might be too much for me - but wae ma luck I don't need tae worry because ah don't often shout.
betty2
Its goat tae chinge sometime , rolleyes.gif its the law o averages rolleyes.gif am goin tae ma wee bingo the morra night , its no big money bit the company is good.. An its breaks the week fur me, tho this week has been hectic fur me. The road outside my house is still dug up , huvin nae luck findin that faulty cable , but we are on an emergency supply of electricity, so not too bad.
maryhillgal
Thank God Betty that at least you are warm now. I never ever felt the cold and was always hot but since they have started thinning my blood, I can sure feel the cold now.
betty2
Goin tae disappear intae the land o nod, big day the morra good night all smile.gif
glasgow lass
Nite Betty,,, sleep warm and well wink.gif
betty2
sad.gif zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sad.gif
tammy
Hi Betty, What a bummer about your eye appointment. Let's hope the next appointment is ok for you. Try not to over strain your eye. Maryhill gal, glad you're back and feeling better. Hope they've got your meds sorted out for you. Take care of your heart. Us women don't show the same signs and symptoms as the men. So know your body well when you've got any medical conditions. Well managed to get one parcel posted today, let's hope it gets to it' destination before Christmas! It's amazing what they charge to mail something, could almost fly there myself! I wish! Picked up a few more Christmas gifts today, but nowhere near close to being finished. My birthday is in January, so I know what a drag that is after Christmas. Everyone is broke and not in the mood for spending. Always felt bad for those born on Christmas day. Keelie you couldn't have been phoning me pal, I was working yesterday and I don't think anyone was home! LOL! Maybe we can hook up tomorrow? I'm staying in tomorrow and cleaning and possibly relaxing. Ya right. HA!HA! Jakka, I have no idea how you do all that you do, cause I can barely keep up with the things I have to do! You put me to shame pal. Well, hope the rest of you are all wonderful. Kaneman for a Christas treat I think you could make Betty her breakfast for a change, the woman is tired out from all the shopping she does! laugh.gif
jakka13
Rotten luck Betty .I hope your not in pain with it .Glad to hear you are getting power to keep you warm .
I had a nice long chat with Boots this afternoon and she asked me to send on her love to everyone .Her hands are really bad and she can't type .She had a wee fall and she's got a fracture in her tail bone but those of you who have met her know just how feisty she is .I passed on good wishes from all of her pals as I know you would want me to .She said one of these days she'll try and drop in for a blether .
She doesn't go on her computer very often ,her eyes are bothering her to .I tell her all the happenings and keep her up to date with all the topics .
Well ,that's me for bed .I was up very early this morning (4:30) don't know what wakened me but once I'm awake I can never get back to sleep .I ended sitting up crocheting clothes for a wee bear I made .
Talking birthdays ,we had Delaney turn 3 Nov 11 ,My daughter Dec 7th ,my son in law Dec 17th ,my grandson Dec 21st and wee Rowan will be one on Dec 28th .It's not even the cost that bothers me but finding two gifts for them all .I've got my daughter's birthday but just don't know what to get her for Christmas .
Java
Good Mornin' Everybody biggrin.gif
betty2
Goosd mornin all miserable here wink.gif
betty2
Kaneman never showed up fur breakfast wink.gif he better huv a note fae the doactor. ohmy.gif
jaybee
QUOTE (betty2 @ 20th Nov 2007, 08:52 PM) *
I have 1 daughter born 12th dec, the other daughter born 2nd jan , a son born 31st dec. and the other son born 7th jan. my g/son is the 11th jan. Very expensive time in here at xmas
Arrived at gartnavel today to be told the Dr was,nt available to see me , [sick as a parrot] I was told there is something bothering the eye but would have to wait to see the surgeon who did my op. Next appointment 6 th dec

JB the eye infirmary closed down several years ago now the clinics are in gartnavel on the great western rd

Thanks Betty. I didn't know it was now in Gartnavel (only five minutes drive from where I live in Glasgow). Sorry about your appointment. Let's hope it is all cleared up prior to the 6th. Jaybee
Angela Chick
Afternoon all,

Just back from my WW class and im doing well still a size 10 and still at my target biggrin.gif its a hard slog but worth it when a put on ma jeans and a feel alright(wee song there) rolleyes.gif

Having a wee coffee here and catching up.
jaybee
Angela, you don't look like you need WW.... you look really slim in the photographs I have seen. Went to WW many years ago and they are a great bunch of people. This was the only programme that worked for me and I was able to keep the weight off. I also bought their cook book and some of the recipes I still use to this day. I could never finish the amount of food I was supposed to eat. Jaybee
Angela Chick
Jaybee i had reached my target weight in my holiday pics thats why i looked slim biggrin.gif When i joined i was a stone overweight and hospital advised me to lose weight as its harder to maintain my condition.

WW is the best for sure like you say and very successful and proven. As you will know its all about the saturated fat content and im glad i did it makes you more aware of changing your way of eating for life. biggrin.gif can only be a good thing.

Like you i use the recipes and im the same cant always finish my meals stomach must have certainly shrunk. lol.
jaybee
Don't know about the stomach shrinking Angela, perhaps my stomach went into shock with the good food it was now receiving instead of junk. lol. Jaybee
glasgow lass
Aye thats jist fantastic ferr you two lassies,,Ive never been to WW have heard nothing but the best about them,,my friend who works in a hospital attends the WW group complementary from the hospital, she brings me lots of great info and gives me the wee books with all the points about food Ive found them really helpfull,,Lass wink.gif
Angela Chick
Hello ladies,

Aye jaybee you might be right there must have been the shock to the system laugh.gif

Lass like i said its very successful and great motivation biggrin.gif
Melody
Angela, you never had very much to loose in the first place really. However, it's well worth watching what you eat. You feel so good and much more confident when your lean. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Exactly melody plus im doing it for my health biggrin.gif
Melody
Good for you, the most important part. It's certainly working Angela. smile.gif You look great. It always makes such a difference to a person's appearance.
keelie gal
Well done Angela and keep up the good work pal im back at WW myself again and back on track ,got my holidays comming up soon and its all inclusive so no doubht i will put on a few pounds that week even though i love swimming and walking still the tempations of holiday food and all eh biggrin.gif
Melody
Keelie, I used to always try to be careful while on holiday as well, then thought that's daft it's the holidays. So now I just enjoy the treats and get back on the straight and narrow when I come home.
Melody
Where's the lady of the house tonight?
Angela Chick
Lost my wireless connection there on the laptop drives me nuts laugh.gif

Keelie a only put on 2 pounds on holiday cos of all the walking we did and i ate what i wanted so you will probably be the same biggrin.gif

Thanks melody a feel great as well.
annie laurie
Hi Angela,

Having friends in the Medical field,{Dr. RN's} they have told me that WW is designed more or less from sosme of the Diabetic Diet, so therefore can understand how it works so well,
good for you after a while it gets like a way of life dos'nt it, but sure is a healthy way to eat
Have also read that to much Sugar can cause Cancer so we are better off without it,
keelie gal
Last time i was on holiday angie i stayed the same weight so im hoping to do the same mind you our hotel was up a steep hill and i was up and down that several times a day so im no suprised i have never been on an all inclusive holiday thats the bit thats worrying hope ma self control dont let me doon laugh.gif
tammy
Oh my god, I'm sitting here reading all ofthe post in here and I'm feeling guilty cause I'm eating a box of Hedgehogs I just opened lol!
keelie gal
Hello Annie how are you biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Did you buy the hedgehogs for xmas tammy the ones you sent me last xmas were lush pal ,anyway madam enough aboot the chocolate think of me and angie will ye laugh.gif laugh.gif
tammy
Yes keelie, those are the ones..and I opened a whole box! I'll mak myself sick lol! Guaranteed. Sorry Angie. Sorry Keelie. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Its alright doll we will let ye aff this time laugh.gif
tammy
aww thanks pal. I'll just bring the rest in here and who ever wants one can .
Angela Chick
Hi annie nice to see you again biggrin.gif yes you are correct regarding the diet its good to look after ourselves and its like you say life changing which is only a good thing.

Keelie you will be fine pal your self control wont falter i have faith in you biggrin.gif

Oh tammy they hedgehogs choccy's were lovely last year melt in the mouth ok ok i ate 1 it was christmas after all. lol
keelie gal
Thanks Angie i will sure do my best pal well untill new years eve and i get the notions for cocktails ...the diet will go oot the windae rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Aye keelie i was drinking pina coloda's in Turkey as if they were going out of fashion laugh.gif aww well it was ma holidays.

Dont even think the point system in lloret de mar at the bells you have a great time pal. biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Pina colodas ohhh the mere mention of them angie oh i canny wait ,yer right i will be on ma hols and plus it will be the bells so it will be a case of in fer a penny in fer a pound i just know they wee cocktails will be shouting ma name angie laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Keelie we went to a certain wee bar and they were lovely only cocktail i ever liked biggrin.gif you should have seen some of the names of the cocktails a was taking a red neck just looking at the menu. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Angie i have seen some of the names they are called and dont ever think i would have the brass neck to ask fer one , think i will stick to the milder ones maself laugh.gif and i will be sure to drink my resolve before i go to bed that nite kinda help the hangover i know i will be having the next morning rolleyes.gif
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Aye make you blush big time, my sis was all inclusive in sept there said it was great we usually do half board keelie, is it just you and john thats going? biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Angie my mum dad 2 aunties n uncles my 2 brothers and their wifes and 5 cousins so i guess there will a clan of us going my aunties and cousins will be flying from glasgow and they get there a day after us went to benidorm with them all in june we had such a laugh and a brilliant time so im really looking forward to seeing them all again ,talking aboot cocktails if i see one that i like and im too embarrased to ask for it i can always send john to bar to get it laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Jeez keelie what a crowd biggrin.gif the more the merrier eh aye thats what to do send your john up for the drinks that way he can take the riddy while you sit laughing laugh.gif
betty2
Sex on the beach for me , John cool.gif am too old tae blush

Buasy wee hoose the night , good on yi Angiechic, we,ll soon be seein you in a glossy magazine, Cripes keelie tell John its the cocktail am askin fur noo he,s goat a riddy rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Dont worry betty the poor soul will probably take enuff riddies going to the bar asking fer all those cocktails i can just see my aunties sending john up the bar fer a few for themselfs they will be too embarrased tae ask fer them themselfs canny say i blame them laugh.gif anyway nice to see ye back in yer wee room and good tae see ye have electric wink.gif
betty2
Ah,ve goat enuff electric tae shock yis aw, but better no , huv tae maintain ma ma good name oan here rolleyes.gif . Thats the best bit o holidays tryin oot the cocktails an wishin an dreamin wub.gif

But oh oh those summer nights
Angela Chick
Night all rolleyes.gif
betty2
Yesterday I played all the games there was to play
And lived life to the full in every way
My social life was so full of fun
Life in those days was a busy one
Partying an dancing was my scene
And raising a family in between
But time marches on waiting for no-one
And I,m still out there looking for fun
And now its to the Forge I make my way
No more the dancing and prancing games I play
I get pleasure in this new pastime I,ve found
With the company of friends all around
Its eyes down look in we go for a single line
Yes its BINGO,that has become this new pastime of mine rolleyes.gif

night Angela from me too ohmy.gif
celtic-chic67
Great wee poem there betty,I love the old bingo myself but haven't been for ages.
keelie gal
Nite nite Lassies sweet dreams wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.