Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Java
Haud oan, haud oan, it wisny your twos turn....spin it again...poor Stratson 'mist' oot there...laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Got tae go noo ,,, nails are hard as rocks ,,,, see yi aw later ,, cheerio smile.gif
wee mags
some times a dae wink.gif [ post a mean]
Java
Are yees even watchin this boattle? laugh.gif
Melody
Well yer missed greatly when ye don't Mags. smile.gif

Aw we've always got our eye on it Java. laugh.gif
Java
Ocht jist pour us a drink from it instead...laugh.gif

Whit's Santa bringin the weans Mags?
wee mags
if ah cin find it Java alump of coal biggrin.gif only kiddin cannae figure out yet but Iam sure the mammies and daddies will throw hints rolleyes.gif
Java
Here, ah wonder whit aw the new age 'green' bad weans'll get....a solar panel jist widny be the same....laugh.gif
wee mags
the yank bought Shreck 3 for the weans and I tought of you jaka ,i was siting smiling and Mikes says whats so funny ? the movies has not started yet ,so I told himabout your new name and he said I knew your not all there but does this mean all the folks you talk to are as well?
Well am off tae make dinne rits caul here the night huh.gif
Melody
OK Mags, take care catch ye later. smile.gif
Java
Goodnight Ladies... wub.gif
Melody
Goodnight all. smile.gif
jakka13
White Chocolate Strawberry Trifle
1 pkg Vanilla Pudding and Pie filling . 12 squares White Chocolate .
1/4 cup orange Liqueur or Juice. 3 cups milk (not skim)
1 container cool Whip thawed. Pound Cake or Lady fingers.
Strawberries .

Prepare pudding mix with milk .Remove from heat and add six squares of white chocolate .Stir till melted and smooth .Cover with plastic wrap and chill .Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip .
Cut cake into small cubes and and drizzle with liqueur .
In the bottom of a bowl layer 1/2 the cake and sliced berries ,pudding mix and 2--3 squares chocolate grated .Repeat layers ending with chocolate .Top with remaining Cool Whip and garnish with berries and drizzle melted chocolate .
There you are Java .Dead easy .Enjoy .
murn
sounds delicious Jakka, I will try it at Christmas wub.gif looks like everyone has gone off to drown their sorrows sad.gif
jakka13
I Murn I think you are right .Mind you I think the Ref must have been on to a back hander with the last foul he gave agains Scotland .
You'll find that Trifle is nice and light and it's good to have if you had a big dinner ,and it's not too expensive and it's easy to make .
Elma
Jakka, my husband always made the traditional trifle with the sponge cake on the bottom with liqueur or sherry, then spead with jam, then the fruit cocktail covered with custard (Birds, of course) then topped with whipping cream. It was good but very filling, think I'll try yours for a change.
stuarty
oh elma a hate trifle with sponge in it as the feeling makes me shudder but a like the jelly fruit and custard with the cream and 100dreds and thousands or chopped nuts on top delish wub.gif
murn
Aye yer right Jakka, I don't watch Scotland cus am a jinx, when it came on a thought nae harm in watchin the first few minutes, well the rest is History. Got ready and went oot picked up a few things at the shops and went tae ma pals. She had watched the game, had her Scotland tee shirt on, and told me whit had happend. Sad aint it! Well am off tae dream land noo. night ya all tongue.gif
keelie gal
Thanks again jakka fer posting the recipe i have noted all the stuff i need to do the trifle biggrin.gif done the bounty bars and they turned out nice so thanks again pal wink.gif
Angela Chick
Morning all.

Jakka thank you for the recipes will give them a whirl biggrin.gif watched the game yesterday heart was in my mouth nearly wept when the Italian player headed the ball back out the net,but well done barry ferguson you gave me hope, two minutes to go and they scored again oh well we should be proud to get where we did wub.gif
keelie gal
Thats right Angela im proud of them for getting so far wink.gif
tammy
Hello ladies,

Just sitting here having my coffee and catching up on what's been happening in Betty's room. And I also get 2 have 2 recipes out of the deal! Fantastic. Jakka we love Bounty bars and Phil loves trifle, so I think I will have to try that recipe you put up. He loves his custard and will even heat it up and pour over madarin slices for a desert. He's off to play soccer this am, every Sunday. Then comes home in pain! LOL! I went and watched Rachel's school play last night that she was in, it was quite good. She has been in drama now since grade 9 so they are getting better each year. Her older sister was also in it. I think they are very brave to do it. I couldn't do it. Last night they even had to sing. In her play there were only 8 kids..4 boys and 4 girls, and they were all very entertaining could make you believe what they were doing. These plays rarely have a lot of props, they make you believe the story they are trying to tell. They compete against other schools, it's called METFEST. Unfortunately they have to miss other things they are in, she is missing her hockey. Did a bit of Christmas shopping yesterday, I was not prepared for the amount of people at the mall yesterday already! Wow! And we're not even into December. Barely a parking spot to be found. Got a few things, but have to do more. Think I'll try during the week, might not be as busy. Also took Rachel driving yesterday she recently got her learner's license. Yikes! I think I got a few more white hairs out of that journey that only lasted an hour! She told me I was too jumpy! LOL! It's only the 2nd time she has been behind the wheel it was pouring rain out and it was Saturday afternoon! Speed limit was 50, we're driving 20 or 30 and she would pull to the curb whenever a car approached. LOL! I thought if we go over her sister will kill us because we were using her car! LOL! Oh and she wants to go again today! LOL! unsure.gif And I was trying to not brake on my passenger side or make her feel like I was terrified. LOL! It's very busy whe we live. Oh and she made the honor roll for the very first time ever!!! We are extremely proud of her..3 A's and a B!!!! 99% in one class! She is doing well now she is trying to get a part time job. Melody I read what you were saying and I agree. I still have contact from good pals on a regular basis I have made on here over the years. But, have stopped posting because the site wasn't the fun and friendly place it had always been. I miss some of the laughs we used to have. And even now I usually only pop into Betty's to say hello and see what you've all been up too and let you know I'm thinking of you. Well the house on't clean itself, so I better be off. Talk to you all soon. And Jakka thanks for the delicious recipes. wub.gif
Angela Chick
Hi tammy biggrin.gif

Right am of might be back later for a wee natter.
betty2
Evening all biggrin.gif not able to catch up on all posts having big problems with my eye, spent the best part of friday in the emergency at gartnavel, have to go back on tuesday to see the surgeon who operated on me. Meanwhile am on a course of steroids, , so reading is a bit of an ordeal for me at present. Then on saturday I had a power cut which lasted 18 hours lost everything in my freezer, plus no heating not able to cook as I am all electric, life has been a bitch this weekend for me. Now I,ve been informed as they havent found the fault the electricity is going off again tomorrow. Anybody willing to give food and shelter biggrin.gif Boy did those workmen get it from me , not their fault really but had to get my inner rage out on someone . Did apoligise for it but they were very understanding. QWell thats been my evetful weekend
betty2
I am one of the anonomous members on line at present . not hiding from anyone , but there are others on line who are reading and not posting. I,m not saying that they should but thought it worth mentioning that we come on here and can do as we please within the board rules . And none of those I mentiomed are breaking any rolleyes.gif

Saying goodnight now no-one is talking and it gets boring talking to a room full of people who dont indulge in conversation tongue.gif
RonD
Cyber hugs for you Betty it sounds like you need one after your weekend, in fact a big group hug would be in order from all your Betty's room fans!!
keelie gal
Big group hug fer ye betty wub.gif hope ye get yer electric sorted out soon
stuarty
Betty im genuinly hoping that your eye problem gets sorted fast and my heart goes out to all with any of the senses as in touch ,taste sight hearing and smell as they bring a lot of pleasures to all life and and I think you are one smart woman how you manage to get out and about keep the good in your life betty. wub.gif
glasgow lass
Hi Betty sounds like a helluva weekend ,,, hope the week is much better for you ,,,Lass wink.gif
Angela Chick
Aww betty doesn't rain but it pours sometimes eh? hope all goes well for you on tuesday but known you its a case of ye get knocked down but ye get up again as always. wub.gif

(((((((((( BETTY))))))))))))) wee cyber hug.
betty2
Back again tv was s**t rolleyes.gif thanks for the hugs , but regarding ma eye problem gettin soartit , nae chance o that , in the past 50 years an several ops. nae luck but am no whingin aboot it, , but hopin they find the fault wae the electric. Huv tae tell yis this wan , when ah saw the men leavin at 130am ah run oot in ma pj,s pullin ma housecoat oan an roarin like a bear , because at this point ah still hud nae electricity, they told me there was another team on tnhe way and to go back tae ma bed an keep warm biggrin.gif , so ah came back in an phoned the emergency service again noo ah goat an awfy nice wummin who explained all that was happening and that I would be compensated for any upheaval . We had a wee chat then she very nicely said I should return to my bed and keep myself warm. Well ah hud nae telly couldnae get oan here an couldnae even make a cuppa tea, whit else wis ah tae dae
Elma
Oh Betty, what an experience, hope the electricity is a sorted out now, glad you're back on here. It does you good to shout at someone, doesn't it!! I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday, let's hope they can keep your eyes from getting any worse. I admire you for being able to do so much with the problems that you have. Keep your chin up girl, we're rooting for you wub.gif
Angela Chick
Right im of to zzzzzz land night all. wub.gif
betty2
Elma ah dare,nt even think about tomorrow as far as I have been told its a mfault in the major cable , and t after digging 3 hioles they still have,nt found the damaged part. Now they are saying tomorrow we are to be blacked out completely to continue with the digging and there is a fear of explosion , I dont think this means a great blast but we are being asked to leave our homes, yi wouldnae huv a room goin sperr biggrin.gif
Elma
Any time Betty, just hop on a plane and you'll be here in no time smile.gif
betty2
Noo kimberly b c wherr exactly is that wouldnae want tae get the wrang plane biggrin.gif Seriously Elma dreading what tomorrow will bring, but then ah,ll jist pop in tae the city as good an excuse as any for me
betty2
Its come to the time when all good girls are in bed , so am off tae watch telly . tongue.gif bein good aw the time gets awfy borin tongue.gif
jakka13
What a terrible few days you've had Betty .I'll join in the group hug .Just trying to catch up on all the posts here and then I'm off to bed .I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get some good news on Tuesday .Wish I could make you something warm to eat . rolleyes.gif
maryhillgal
What a time you are having Betty and I'll join in the group hug too. Having a few health problems myself at the moment so know how you feel. Hope your visit to the Eye Clinic goes well and that your electricity problems are sorted out quickly as the weather is turning very cold now. Good luck and best wishes to you.
keelie gal
Betty ye sure are having a time of it at the moment im keeping my fingers crossed they find the fault quickly so ye can get back to the every day creature comforts we take so much for granted untill something like this happens and the inconvience it causes is a nightmare eh!so here's hoping that today they will find a speedy solution wub.gif
betty2
So far power still on tongue.gif thanks ladies and you too Ron, for starting the hug group, that itself has a warming effect, An inner glow of friendship is a satisfying and rewarding gesture thanks again one and all, Going now for something to eat
Angela Chick
Afternoon all,

Just having a coffee here and a wee sit down biggrin.gif ma feet are louping bought new boots and trying to break them in rolleyes.gif

Betty glad you still have power and good luck for tomorrow.
betty2
rolleyes.gif I got the power rolleyes.gif I got the power in me lol
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Oh betty sing yer wee heart out on you go girl. biggrin.gif
betty2
Am singin but you keep the kettle on the boil yi might hear a voice in the widerness in castlemilk later on singin "Can yi please throw a jeely piece oot a twenty storey flat" biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Betty the Jeeley piece might be a bit stale by the time it hits the bottom biggrin.gif
tammy
Hi Betty, hope you'r still warm and everything goes ok at the Dr.'s.

What type of boots did you buy Angie..oooh I love nice shoes and boots. Hiya Keelie! wub.gif
betty2
Still on power rolleyes.gif and work,en have left the scene , but work still unfinished. Bloody cauld here in the dear green place .Roll on summer cool.gif and we,ll go swimming everyday
Melody
Really cold Betty, I hope that's no a sign of things to come. sad.gif
tammy
Mixed rain and snow here today..brrr! Why did I agree to work an OT shift this afternoon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.