Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
wee mags
yer right Mhg I think she leaves on the 4th of Nov wink.gif
Melody
Hi Mags, did you no even get a cup o tea when ye when in here last night? laugh.gif Ye'd be thinking that ye were in Edinburgh. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Morning all biggrin.gif
Java
Mornin' all...biggrin.gif

Betty if yer in Ireland, have a great time, if yer no, get yer case packed...laugh.gif
maryhillgal
If yer in Ireland Betty, the top of the mornin' to you. Also a very good morning to everyone else.
wee mags
by the time I got to bettys awe the tea wis gone, jist like her wink.gif
Melody
Ah would have made yer tea Mags nae bother. Here ah'm still usin' ma wee keyring ye gave me that day. smile.gif
wee mags
dis it make yae feel like a yank? biggrin.gif
Anne1
unsure.gif unsure.gif did you get new computer mags
Melody
It does Mags, ah make sure everybody sees it. laugh.gif Wish we'd had longer that day. smile.gif

Hi Anne.
Anne1
laugh.gif Hi Melody that mags phoned me saying she was getting new comp so a was being nosey to see if she had, miserable looking day eh
Melody
It's a horrible day Anne, I always think we'd be better to hibernate in winter and miss all these kind of days. laugh.gif
wee mags
Anne Iam using my old one the new one is being delivered next week and Iam having a guy installit for me ,and Melody I also wish we could have had a longer day maybe next time ? did you see the phot of Mike wae the wean in the pram,its in men and prams posts Iam off to chuch ,but first I have to get ready cannae go in ma goonie biggrin.gif
Melody
I did see the photograph Mags, lookin' well that yank tell him. Lovely photograph. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Evening ladies.

Changed my avatar was fed up with cameron diaz, ma wee glittery angel is fab a think biggrin.gif

Just been having a lazy sunday as usual well it is the day of rest biggrin.gif
Melody
Ah thought that wee angel was new Angela, she's lovely. smile.gif Quiet wee day here as well. smile.gif
jakka13
Maybe quiet for some of you but I just don't have enough hours in ma days jist noo.
I got a break from trying to get the printer running so got some other stuff done .
I bought bed risers for my spare room bed .(I've put them on my bed and love them ) .Well once you raise the bed up the skirt is to short and the headboard to low .I ran out to the DIY store and bought bits of wood and nuts and bolts and got a couple of holes drilled in the wood .Got it all together and sorted .Then I made a deeper skirt to hide all the stuff I can now store under this bed .
Pulled open my bedroom curtains ,(it was a lovely day and I wanted the nice breeze to blow through .The plug fell out the ceiling and the curtains and rod hit the floor .I had Gorilla glue so got busy with that .Worked good ,curtains back up .By this time it was time to make dinner .I've just finished cleaning up the kitchen and I'm having a wee half hour to myself before I start stitching again .I wonder how I ever managed to go to work eight hours a day ?
Promise I'll make Caramel Apple Blossoms tomorrow .
I'm away to stitch my Highland Cows .
wee mags
PHEW !!!!!!!! I am out of breath reading that biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Same here Mags ,Jakka ye sure had a busy day today biggrin.gif
maryhillgal
My God Jakka, ah'll need tae huv a lie doon efter reading yer post. How dae ye dae it wumman? Wish ah hid half yer energy.
betty2
First I want to thabnk all well wishers , for Lee. We had a great night was quite emotional but ah wis as prood as punch when he went forward for his award biggrin.gif After the ceremony we went to "China Blue" in renfield st for a meal, excellent food and the sevice was exceptional. At the end of the meal the fortune cookies were brought, and mines read "this is a new start for you" at my age huvin a new start well?????????

Family stuff kept me from gettin on the board , it been a hectic time in that direction. Bit of a turmoil and upset , unfortunately on friday it was the court appearance of the boy who was driving the car in which my g/daughter was killed. This has now been set for trial next may. So there were mixed emotions going around this weekend. Thanks again one and all for youre kind wishes

I leave for Ireland next thursday the 8th
wee mags
and heres me thinking your off tae Ireland, I hope you get some peace this week betty
betty2
Need it mags , its been a bit of a strain, had to keep up for Lee,s day , but the other was a dark shadow hangin over us
betty2
Have to tell this story. At the award ceremony on friday night , there was an award given to a lady, before she went forward to recieve it , we {the audience] were in formed that she was a single parent who had cared for her disabled husband till his untimely death, she then applied to several colleges and was turned down by them , cardonald college gave her the chance then saw her potential and forwarded her to higher levels all of which she achieved, he then went on to say before giving her name that she was blind, well the place erupted in applause , and there were many who were dabbing their eyes at this woman who I would say was in her early thirties, she herself was so overcome by the ovation she was seen also to wipe tears away. I thought this was worth mentioning because against all odds this young woman to me was the star of the night. WELL DONE. Her subject was in social caring, but at a very high level
jakka13
The strength and courage of ordinary people never ceases to amaze me .
Thought about you and the court case .Hope it wasn't too bad .Terrible time for you Betty .It was good that you had the graduation to look forward to .Hope you have a good wee break in Ireland .I'd love to go there one day .My Dad's mother was Irish .
betty2
Hi jakka was a mixed weekend but we got through it, gonny toddle off tae bed now an try an get some sleep tongue.gif
keelie gal
Betty glad you had a great time at Lee's graduation ,and sorry to hear the trial has been put back ,have a good time in Ireland betty it will be a good wee break for you wub.gif
Gemini
I dont know if ah'll ever get caught up on all the posts ah missed, so ah'll jist wing here, Congratulations Betty on Lee's graduation, ah'll bet he's glad its over, and who is it in Ireland you go to see, I know I saw somewhere you said something abot family, Jakka I read your post and oh my gosh what a busy busy lady you are, but you gotta hand it to ye that whit keeps you gawn. Well Wednesday I take off for D.C., have to dogsit THREE dogs, as my daughter has to go out of town and couldnt get anyone so Mum to the rescue again, but thats ok thats what keeps me going. Chilly weather finally arrived, so I finally had to put the heat on, broke my heart to do it as the price of oil is sky high right now, but then it always goes up this time of year, but this is the highest its been yet, so I guess the woodburning stove will be used a lot more now.
Gallusbisom
Hi All,

Just getting back, I have been away for a few days, my monitor has been acting up so it's been a problem. It still is but a new one is on the way. Hopefully.

Betty, Congrats. to Lee and YOU, he is a shining example of what a good parent can accomplish. And what a good kid can accomplish wink.gif The lady you spoke about is to be much admired . Thank goodness someone recognised her worth. She deserves the best.

It is heart-rending that the court case came up so close. It takes a class act, that would be you hen, to deal with two events at the oppisite ends of the emotional spectrum. My heart aches for your loss but you "soldiered on" and are an example to all of us.

Betty it is a pleasure to have met you on the boards. I am not, by nature, a "gushy" person, OK name a Glesga person that is?, but I do feel that you are one in a million hen. Hope you enjoy Ireland.

P.S. Check out www.scotdisc.co.uk, new CD from the Clyde Valley Stompers.

GB
betty2
Very complimentary post GB, and I thank you , I pride myself in the fact that I am a woman who weighs up all the odds, and deals with them as best I know how. Its got me this far in life so I must be doing something right. Not always easy but I believe there is someone sitting n my shoulder who guides me in the right direction. biggrin.gif
Catherine
betty you've been in and out my head all weekend.
I know how hard it's been for you to keep up appearances and how much you wanted this to be Lee's day, yer some mammy for to be the wan mammy.
Holding things together for Paul and Shirley Ann's sake at the same time, keeping bright and cheery for Lee, and all the while jist trying to deal yourself with what's been hitting your family in the last while.
If anybudy deserved that Fortune Cookie it's you.
YOU ROCK!! wink.gif

Poor Ireland disnae know whit's gaunni hit it noo laugh.gif
betty2
You got it in one therrr cath. Donegal "Wee Betty.s in Town" rolleyes.gif

Gb forgot to mention thanks for the stompers god that music takes me back rolleyes.gif
betty2
goin fur a cuppa back soon "watch this space" tongue.gif
Melody
It sounds as though there's a war on outside here with all the fireworks. Ah wish there were silent fireworks. laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Ok, I guess I missed some stuff. I did say my 'puter was having in and out fits. What did I miss? Ocht, I am away to feel sorry for myself for having a broken computer biggrin.gif biggrin.gif GB
betty2
Same here melody ww111 sounds like it. They seem tae get noisier every year wink.gif
Anne1
sorry to hear the trial has been put off till next year you will get there in the end and youve still got the new baby to look forward to that wll make the time go in
Angela Chick
Hello ladies,

Gallus what a lovely post dedicated to our betty yes she is some gal wub.gif Jeez oh its like Beruit here tonight been jumping out ma skin every minute biggrin.gif kinda quieting down now we can hear the telly now ha ha.
betty2
Its the strain on my family that is getting to me We also have the anniversary to get through next month, then xmas with all this hanging over us. Another not so merry xmas , too much time and taxpayers money spent on this already
Melody
Hi Angela, ah canny hear my music for they fireworks. Look lovely right enough. Well ah'm away ah'll catch ye all later. Night Night all. God Bless.
Angela Chick
Night melody wub.gif

Betty a will pray for all of you for strength you know your always in ma thoughts pal. wub.gif
betty2
Hello and good nite melody rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Melody's like ma wee cloak.....ah aye no it's time tae pit the dinner oan cos she goes tae her bed at five a cloak ma time laugh.gif

Ahm tryin tae stay calm, we don't huv Guy Fawkes night here but if this coat disnae turn oot right Toronto's gaunni huv it's first! laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Great Caesar's Ghost, here it is Nov. 5 Guy Fawkes Day and I am sitting here thinking, Fireworks, Fireworks? Huh, Oh the embarassment of getting "past one's prime" . I think I need a wee cup of tea and then I will light a sparkler in honour of the day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Are you still allowed to have bonfires the night?

Laughing at myself for forgetting Guy Fawkes Night.

GB
Anne1
laugh.gif Hi angela a like your wee angel very cute
Angela Chick
Anne a love angels especially sparkly ones rolleyes.gif and i so believe in them.
Anne1
laugh.gif Ive always believed in angels as well and ave got a wee baby one she was called claire
Java
Goodnight lassies....may yer angels keep ye safe... wink.gif wub.gif
betty2
Angela is that new? very unique Ah huv wan sittin oan ma shoulder wub.gif
Catherine
Ahm hopin ahv goat wan in ma waashin machine the noo laugh.gif
Didnae recognise ye therr Angela.....veree sheeshee wae yer sparklies therr, ah like it laugh.gif

Night night Java, yer hidy ho in early the night are ye no?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.