Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Gemini
sorry people didn't mean to offend anyone with my post on medical procedures, so will keep all my posts in check, very windy here the day but at least the sun is shining and the air feels fresh, after the heatwave we went throughI vowed not to complain about cold weather so today I have to p[lant my trees as I didn't get to do it on Friday.
Melody
Stuarty, I presume that it is me that you refer to in your last post since I was the only anonymous member who posted recently. If you are unhappy with anything on these boards can I suggest that you contact Martin and refrain from making pointed remarks in topics. It makes for an unhappy situation and this topic is famed for it's cordiality.
Melody
Sorry Ria, I never noticed your post there. How ye doing? Hope things go well for you nothing worse than feeling below par. wub.gif You've never offended me in all these years so I don't think you'll start now. smile.gif
Gemini
hi Melody so nice to hear from you, I am feeling just fine, how about you?, I am just starting to getting back into the swing of things again here on the board, wasn't on too much there for awhile and it looks like I will be off and on again with all the running I have to do between now and the end of the year, so what have you been up to, I tried to get caught up but was way too much that I had missed, so more or less starting fresh . biggrin.gif
Melody
I'm fine thanks Ria, I don't think you've missed much on the boards it's not so much fun as it was in the old days. sad.gif Very few of the old members come on now. We can only hope that it picks up again.
I went out with Betty and Angela one afternoon for lunch it was lovely, we enjoyed it ,such lovely company. It's getting darker and darker here they promised us thunder today if so ah'll be under the bed. laugh.gif
stuarty
A never mentioned nobody in my post and thats that but if it was you ,thank you as I think the topic idea is a good thing ,and am off to start one up just please dont be offended by it anyone as it may save lives huggles stuarty wub.gif
Gallusbisom
Hi Stuarty,

I have tried to find the "anonymous" post alluded to but since I am def. compt. challenged I may have missed it. My own opinion is that is a great idea for you to start a topic dealing with delicate medical issues, since that would give any of our group (within MARTIN"S boundaries) freedom to discuss a lot of personal stuff which up until now, has mainly been done via PM etc. Those of us that have been there and done that tend to correspond on a PM basis. As far as I can see, dealing with these issues, if you (being the impersonal but plural-as in all of us) want to talk one on one with those who understand the situation perhaps after general comments it might be more comfortable to discuss this in private? Just my opinion. Some of our friends have alluded to health issues in a very delicate way, indeed it seems to me that we have had to pry info. from our friends about their situation. Thankfully, most of them seem to be doing OKplus. Some of them are doing wonder for others who are having health difficulties.

Hope all is well with you and yours. biggrin.gif

GB

Hi Stuarty,

I have tried to find the "anonymous" post alluded to but since I am def. compt. challenged I may have missed it. My own opinion is that is a great idea for you to start a topic dealing with delicate medical issues, since that would give any of our group (within MARTIN"S boundaries) freedom to discuss a lot of personal stuff which up until now, has mainly been done via PM etc. Those of us that have been there and done that tend to correspond on a PM basis. As far as I can see, dealing with these issues, if you (being the impersonal but plural-as in all of us) want to talk one on one with those who understand the situation perhaps after general comments it might be more comfortable to discuss this in private? Just my opinion. Some of our friends have alluded to health issues in a very delicate way, indeed it seems to me that we have had to pry info. from our friends about their situation. Thankfully, most of them seem to be doing OKplus. Some of them are doing wonder for others who are having health difficulties.

Hope all is well with you and yours. biggrin.gif

GB
Angela Chick
Hello all,

Had a lovely day in Dunfermline visiting marks family, rain was belting down on the way home and pitch black on the motorway kinda scary but marks a good driver biggrin.gif

Betty congratulations on your bingo win biggrin.gif you deserve it big time, heres me saying only last week a canny get into bingo well i just might now ha ha

Oh gonna no start the doom and gloom death deciple stuff in here a really canny go it.
stuarty
Thanks for the feed back and all input wellcome ,as I got the idea from when wee mags said it in the post above about puttin a topic in ,and a thought why not as it might help sombody and a wasnt gettin at onybody when a put in capitals a was just making it to be noticed as it is a subject that is to some taste and not others no more no less once again thanks smile.gif Gallusbisom
Melody
No Angela we shall keep this the happy place it always has been hopefully. smile.gif
stuarty
please read above
betty2

Coulld,nt get on here all day Lee took over the pc the iggest part of the day

Dont like it when ma wee room is in disarray wink.gif re. health problems starting a topic re. this seems a good idea, I,m not one for discussing personal matters on threads This has always been a place for goodnatured bletherin, and has lasted all this time because of that. Members have stated such in many postings on here

As re. the issue of anonimity, "what is the issue" I do so often but by posting its a recognised fact that I,m on. I dont have a nameplate on my door at home but everyone knows I live there and never have any problems with mail. So the GPO. dont have an issue with that so why should anyone on here?
Why is it these boards no longer have the harmony and fun as of old? So lets just get back to keepin this place the nice wee place it has always been iI have met many friends over the yeats through this room and wouldnt like to see them falling away You know whit there have been ones on here who have tried to demobilise this topic , "is this another sad tactic to try to do so again"? Another opinion of mine and I,m entitled to that

tongue.gif
Gallusbisom
Hi Staurty,

And plaudits to you for being so positve about Melody's post, I just knew you were that kind of person. biggrin.gif Let's have more of your positive feedback.

GB
Angela Chick
Betty and Gallus whats the matter with you two?? you both got hiccups?? only joking biggrin.gif
Gallusbisom
Ocht away,

Ye mean ah posted twice tae the same thing? laugh.gif That widnae be the furst time. Aye honest. tongue.gif

Let's hear fae ye frien.

GB
wee mags
well betty am awe set, everyones way hame time for wee mags tae see whits whit ,the weather here today was very windy but the sun was shining ,so that made it no so bad ,John made the steaks on the grill and I done the Garlic bread and baked potatos ,mm it wis awfae good well am off tae see the rest of the board wub.gif
jakka13
Well I'm back safe and sound .Good drive both ways ,no hassle at the border and i had a ball with the weans .I'm feeling the strain of all the shopping but I got some great bargains so it was worth all the tramping .Saturday was very cold and windy and lots of rain but today was nice and bright but a wee bit chilly .Just wanted to say well done Betty ,don't spend it all in the one shop laugh.gif .
I'll have to say goodnight lassies ,I'm getting bleery eyed .
Sleep good pals ,cheers Jakka
Java
Did ye get me anythin nice Jakka?

Mornin' Everybody.....Whit time does the bingo start? ah feel lucky the day, ah feel a win comin on...whit time dae the doors open? Will ah have time tae go tae the market after it?
Melody
Mornin' all, it's Monday! Aw Naw! laugh.gif Have a great day all.
RonD
A brand new week, urr ye no excited???? cool.gif And congrats Betty oan the win, ah know ye cid dae it. ( jist PM me furr ma address so ye'll know where tae send me a wee cheque, awright ?, ah jist know ye'll wnat tae share the wealth, right?) wink.gif
keelie gal
Betty just read your post well done on you're bingo win wink.gif Angela i have never thought i would enjoy bingo i have only been twice and i really enjoy it you should give it a wee go its a good wee night i havent won anything yet ,but who knows eh ,but the patter and the laughs ye get at the bingo is brill and hopefully in time i can graduate up to 6 books but fer now 4 is more than enough eyes doon right enough im fiert tae take my eyes off the books incase i miss a single line laugh.gif well ladies its a bright and sunny day here today makes a change fae all that rain we were having over the weekend it was blowing a hoolie not nice still it was cosy curling up on the couch watching x factor saturday night im still rooting for leon the wee guy fae glesga hope he wins ,well folks just gonna finish my coffee then its off to work so hope to catch up with you all later x
Java
Keelie, ah'm no an expert by any means, but ah think it's easier tae play 6 books cos that way ye know ye've definately got every number somewhere.... wink.gif

Oh, and ah'm rootin for Leon tae....biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Java i find it hard enough with just the 4 books but im sure when i get enough confidence six books will be a doddle laugh.gif Java i dont normally vote on X factor but i have voted twice for Leon the wee soul i really hope he makes it and he will get my vote this week aswell i have got the lassies at work voting for him too wink.gif
betty2
Mornin my fair weather friends [sounds poetic eh] Keelie Java,s right it is easier wae 6 books as you have aw the no.s but its jist a case o buildin up yir confidence , Am tryin tae convince Angela that bingo is the game to play , ah.ll get her converted yet rolleyes.gif

Good luck tae aw bingo punters biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh welldone Betty may your lucky spell keep going ,a loved the bingo but the hall in the toon has rotten parking and its in a dodgy area so no for me at the moment rolleyes.gif
wee mags
betty ya lucky bugger ,I have never been to a bingo ,I think Iam missing out eh?
betty2
I play afternoon sessions when goin tae the forge always busy area then an makes fur safer

AH LUV BINGO mags on yir next trip a,hm takin you tae bingo. Huv tae rush off now shoppin
Angela Chick
Hello bingo punters biggrin.gif

I can only do 4 books keelie, tried 6 but got in such a state ma sister had to watch me lol.
The reason i dont enjoy bingo is cos its too nerve racking for me and my sister said i ruined it for her she's like ang its supposed to be fun laugh.gif

Am ok with single lines and full houses but double lines drive me nuts especially with 6 books ha ha.

Betty you aint converting me no way jose ha ha.
Isobel
Hi guys,had a good weekend ,weather here is quite a bit cooler, for sure its Fall all the colours are just beautiful but it wont last Winter in just around the corner.
Good news is we are taking off to Cuba for eight days.Just need some down time after Joanne's wedding and all the company etc. Got a really good deal so decided to take off. How about letting me borrow that ittsy bittsy teeny weeny bikini of your 's Betty.
Melody
Sorry posted in the wrong place. smile.gif
Java
Anybuddy want a game o' tig?
Catherine
Oh good Melody, ahm in the wrang place annaw the noo.....put a medium brown oan ma herr an it's turnt purple.....gaunni take us back tae the right place..........fastlyfastly afore ahv tae go back up tae school ...kin ye dae it ? laugh.gif

Aw you lot talkin aboot the Bingo an you winnin betty, ah don't even know where there is bingo here.
Widnae mind givin it a wee try efter readin aboot aw the luck that's happenin in here biggrin.gif
Catherine
aye Java......your het an don't look at ma herr laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
I've never been to bingo Catherine, ah knew ah was doing somethin' wrang. laugh.gif
Java
Jist as well it's no hide an seek intit....ah mean...where ye gonna hide wi that belisha beacon oan? laugh.gif
betty2
Sittin here waitin fur ma lift , goin tae the happy birthday wee do fur ma g/daughter. jist a casual night , so am dressed in ma happy claes biggrin.gif

wee treat comin on here shortly WATCH THIS SPACE rolleyes.gif
Melody
Enjoy yerself pal. smile.gif
Java
Have a great time Betty.....(whisper whit it is tae me, ah'll no tell...)
Catherine
Here mibbe ah could be the sign fur BINGO!!......trust me ye's widnae miss it laugh.gif

Cripes whit ma laughin fur, ah'll be greetin gaun up this road soon, ye waant tae see this laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Im posting this photo on behalf of betty biggrin.gif

Betty on the left aged 8/9 and an old school friend Ann in betty's front garden in Carntyne. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Melody
Aw she's lovely, wonder if that's whit she's wearin' tae the bingo the night? smile.gif Look at her wee shoes, cool.
Java
Oh look at that wee purse oan a string... Ah want a wee purse like that.....kin ye get them ony colour?

Betty were you wee or wis yer pal tall?
Gallusbisom
Ocht Betty,

Jist luv the wee ruffles oan yer dress. Smashin, noo whit colour wiz the frock? Ye wur a lovely wee lassie, nae wuner yae turned intae sich a smashing adult. Gone yersel, hen

GB
betty2
Java ah wis whit wis known as a weesmasher rolleyes.gif an grew up intae a wee bit bigger smasher biggrin.gif ma pal wis a year older than me . An thats no a purse its ma freshly ironed hankie tucked intae the belt o ma froak. Whit wid a be daen wae purse ah never hud ony money back then , it wis afore ma bingo days

The other girl in the pic has recently got in touch with me through friendsunited, have,nt seen her in 50 years but meeting up soon Thanks Angela fur daen that fur me
betty2
GB it wis pink and white surprised naebody noticed the tear on the hem tongue.gif wisnae as careful wae ma clobber back then
Java
Aw that's jist lovely...see this internet, it's useful sometimes, intit....laugh.gif and ah still want a purse oan a string....ah've nae money either, but ah hear tell that folk pit some in when it's a new purse...
betty2
Supposedly youre no tae buy yirsel a purse, an when somebody buys yi wan they put something in it so as the purse will never be empty
Java
Oh ah wisny gonna buy wan....there's jist nae 'gentle hint' smilie...laugh.gif Canny get away wi yer pal gettin in touch...that's smashin....
Java
Catherine, we're finished playin tig hen....'mon back....laugh.gif
betty2
She is the second one to get in touch, the other one now lives in Aberdeen but we,re tryin to work out something to meet up, whereas Ann [in pic] is only about 20 mins up the motorway from me , but she drives so meeting her is,nt a problem.

Its flattering to know that these two ladies valued my friendship and wanted to get in touch even one of them still having my photo this is the one posted rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.