Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Hi GB Always gled tae see a friendly face such as yirsel in here. But at night when ah canny sleep ah come oan and the same few hop aw ower the place tae avoid me. Noo there are them oan here that prefer their ain coarners, fair enough, but tae deliberately ignore thats bad manners. Ah took a len o a members heidscarf oan here an next ah knew the rattle wis flung oot the pram biggrin.gif Naw herm wis meant by it but gues still in the huff wae me. An bein the wummin ah am ah saw the funny side oit. Glesca humour is whit ah huv in abundance rolleyes.gif
Melody
Are ye? Imagine ah never noticed that. Ah must be wee tae you then. laugh.gif Just a term of endearment really. smile.gif

Sorry this post is out of sync again.
Angela Chick
Melody a know pal,, we are aw wee biggrin.gif
Melody
biggrin.gif
betty2
The best o goods come in small quantitys rolleyes.gif ah.m 5ft 1 ins in ma trainers
Melody
Well ah'll bid you all at home and abroad and round the corner in the Top Spot a very good night, as John Grierson used to say. smile.gif My but ah'm gettin' auld. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Aww nite nite melody sleep well pal wub.gif
betty2
good night melody
betty2
Good night all time for telly tongue.gif
keelie gal
Ochh seems like i just missed ye all ...noo betty dont think its me trying tae avoid ye noo pal laugh.gif had a great nite at the bingo the other nite played four books and i was all over the place trying to watch fer single lines takes a bit of getting used to eh well fer me aye i am a beginner,never had any beginners luck mind you but i had a great laugh still better luck next time eh biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Clocks go back tomorrow one more hour in bed wink.gif
Gallusbisom
Hi Betty,

Listen hen, I don't sleep that well masel, bit if a move an himsel is hame, it wakes him up, so ah try an stey still. An if it's no him, it's wan o the weans, dugs ur a right nuisence whin yur tryin to sneak aroon the hoose in the middle o the night. They think this is fun an start waggin thur tails (usually against the wa--the racket wid wake up the deed--which reminds me, how's that lassie daen that hus her man's ashes afront o hur? Is he a lucky charm?--noo ah'm gonny get flung aff the boards-again laugh.gif ) When ah kin ah try an sneak in (really quiet like) to check on the boards-which is wan reason ah try and stey signed in, less noise. LOL. NEVER think fur wan mineet ah widnae talk tae ye hen if ah wiz oan fur real. Hope tae be a bit mair active fur the next wee while. Nowt will ever replace or come close to Betty's place.

GB
betty2
Thanks GB nice compliment and shared with so many others

The fact I get ignored is,nt a problem with me, I,ve been on here too long for that. But the point I was trying to get across was that there is a plea for new members , as well as old members to post , . We,ll take first of all the new members they are bound to notice what is going on , well hardly a good advert for the gg. Secondly and this I know for a fact is older members are fed up with the bickering[ silent tho it is] so are falling away.
These boards were never like this in the past, If members are choosing to deliberately ignore fellow members then it does cause an atmosphere.. This is an opinion and I,m not waving a red flag to anyone here, Try and give it some thought , the boards are here for ALL members biggrin.gif

Noo re, the bingo, watch out GB it can be addictive , but very entertaining rolleyes.gif
maryhillgal
Just logged in, cannae sleep. It's 3.05 a.m. Oh Betty whit a laugh ah hud aboot that wumman wae her man's ashes on the table. Ah laughed that much ah thought ah wid wake ma man up. That is priceless. Dis he bring her luck? biggrin.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Hi MG,,,,, cant sleep ahe see hen,,,tell me is there a mail strike on the noo in Glasgow ,,, thanks ,,,Lass smile.gif
maryhillgal
There was G/L but everything seems to be ok now.
glasgow lass
aw thats good ,,, thanks again MG,,,Lass wink.gif
Java
Mornin Everybody...biggrin.gif D'ye think anybody wid mind if ah jist don't open ma curtains this mornin cos it's aw damp and foggy and horrible....
betty2
Miserable here also this mornin, but am gettin ready fur BINGO ah,ve nae ashes ah could take biggrin.gif Have a nice day folks
Melody
Mornin' all, oh it's no much of a day weather wise pals. Have a good day though all. smile.gif
betty2
Bye for now , time ah wis marchin, goin for a browse roon the forge before the bingo byeeeee biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Afternoon all,

Just having a lazy day, going to Dunfermline the morro to see Marks family.

Betty good luck at the bingo biggrin.gif
wee mags
well its a cauld and rainy day here as well ,I think I will go to the shops tp see whats on sale ,
this is somthing I learned by reading Bettys posts ,you know the go shopping routine wink.gif
stuarty
I have made a decision to make a consious effort to post in all topic's as of yesterday ,as am only on this earth and life is too short, just like me 4foot 11 and a half tee hee the half is very important and your spot on betty as small things do come in small packages,,,,,, but somebody burst my bubble years ago and said ''so does poison'' a was gutted the rat bag grrrrrrrrr and also if you are in betty a shall say hello if thats ok wub.gif
Angela Chick
Am having a wee music day biggrin.gif wishing a was 18 again listening to westlife= you light up my life, what a group they are brilliant especially that Kian soooo gorgeous.

Marks in the living room with the door shut tight ha ha. biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Im away to make dinner see you all later biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Angela,,,, aha thought that aha was the only one who had tae listen tae music that way,,,, guys tongue.gif ,,, and whit yi cooking fer dinner,,, something nice ,,, smile.gif
Java
ph34r.gif anybody want a cuppa?
stuarty
aye me a cup a hot choccy please with lashings of squirty cream on top fanks
Java
Ye want fries wi that?
stuarty
naw it will stink the room oot and oor betty would have our guts for garters laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Psst, Psst,------------ower here Ghurka person, oh a wee cuppa would be smashing right now. Just finishing making dinner but decided to make extras "fur the weans". Right, ok I know, I am a few cards missing the full deck. Needless to say I have made a lot more stuff than I anticipated. Is there an army somewhere that needs a dinner????? Pork chops, mashed spuds, shepherd's pie, peas, and carrotts and squash. Shrimp and sauce and cheese and crackers for starters and Lemon Mer. Pie or Rasberry Loaf or Pumkin Pie (yuk, icky, gross) for afters. Right now I really need a nice cuppa. Bless you pet.

GB
Gemini
well ah hud a good nite at the bingo last nite unusual for me I may say, then ah took mah winnings and went tae a big craft fair today and I spent it not all but most of it easy come easy go, in another week I will be taking off again for a few days and when I get back I have to go for a colonoscopy not looking forward to that not so much the procedure but what you have to take the day before YUCK!, then I leave again for another few days, think I will get all the sleep I can the now, and will probably sleep rite thru Thanksgiving as I will be home two days before it, guess I am not cooking that day. It was such a wet windy day here today but the rain was much needed, I just wish we could have sent some of out to California, they needed more than we did, well getting late so its cuppa tea then off tae bed for me g,nite all. wink.gif
maryhillgal
Congratulations on your bingo win Gemini. Good luck with your colonoscopy. I had a sigmoidoscopy [doctors thought my breathing was too bad to have the full colonoscopy] and it was fine but, like you, I find the sachets of stuff you have to take the day before are absolutely vile. They really made me "boak!!" All the best to you.
Gemini
thanks MHG it's not only the yucky stuff you have to drink but I am the kind of person that has to eat when I get up in the morning, so its the bleeping liquid diet also that gets to me oh well its for my own good, I had one back in 2003 and they found something so I had to go back the following year for another one which turned out to be ok, then I had to wait three years which of course is this year so I am hoping that they will tell me I am cleared and don't have to go back for ten years which by then I could be six ft under by then hahahaha
Gemini
well its off to bed for me so nitey nite all.
stuarty
welldone ria on your win a did wish you good luck .
As for the colonoscopy the bloomin stuff called fleet does what it says the name of the bottle a was fleeing in and out the toilet aww night before the exploratory camera in the bahooky.
A a was full of wind much more tha normal as the wind a talk on gg sometimes eh!!!!!!! but best to be safe than sorry fingers crossed for you gemini and all will be well think positive . wub.gif
murn
QUOTE (Gemini @ 27th Oct 2007, 09:27 PM) *
thanks MHG it's not only the yucky stuff you have to drink but I am the kind of person that has to eat when I get up in the morning, so its the bleeping liquid diet also that gets to me oh well its for my own good, I had one back in 2003 and they found something so I had to go back the following year for another one which turned out to be ok, then I had to wait three years which of course is this year so I am hoping that they will tell me I am cleared and don't have to go back for ten years which by then I could be six ft under by then hahahaha

Going through the procedure right now, won't go in tae the gory details yees awe no whit am talkin about (and canny sit too long typin) ohmy.gif
Same as you Gemini, they found a nasty, so huv to repeat the procedure. And plus the fact my Mum died of it. I huv tae take that stuff fur 2 days and liquid diet. at least I'll no be full of it as usual tongue.gif oops huv tae go
maryhillgal
Wind stuarty, it wis like a bliddy tornado ripping through me! So embarrassing but I bet the doctors are used to it.
glasgow lass
Aye good luck guys with the colonoscapy smile.gif
betty2
Efter a pleasant and profitable day at the bingo 800 was won between me and Jess [we share our luck wae wan anither. A lot o wind an air blawin oan here , tongue.gif dont think ah,ll bother wae the tea, . personal body functions bein discussed in detail put me aff. UGH

On a lighter note got 2 family functions comin up this week, monday my g/daughter is 15 we are getting the gither fur that , then friday its Lee,s graduation , ah know ah mentioned this afore but am that proud o him, and really lookin forward tae it. After the ceremony we are all goin out to dinner. And that means ah get aw dickied up which ah luv.

The rain was batterin doon hauf the night , wakened me , so am sittin here as fresh as a daisy waitin again oan daylight tae come streamin threw ma windae, wan thing fur sure it,ll no be sunlight. Clocks went back last night but am no benefiting wae an extra hour in bed
betty2
No long noo tae daylight biggrin.gif then ah,ll slip back intae bed. Bet there some thought ah wis gonny say coffin rolleyes.gif HAha its no blood ah suck its mint imperials lol

Sure this is a nuisance limiting the smileys but am sittin here grinnin fae ear tae ear
Elma
Congratulations on your bingo win Betty, now put that away for Vegas in the spring, och no, a wee shopping trip would be more fun biggrin.gif

You are going to have a busy week with all the celebrations, good luck to both your grand-daughter and to Lee, no wonder you are proud.

Pass the mint imps Betty, I could do with one ohmy.gif
Java
Mornin everybody....biggrin.gif Wet and wild here.....and the weather's no much good either.....ah, the auld wans are the best....laugh.gif
maryhillgal
Morning all, whit a night it wis last night. Rain batterin' off the windaes aw night. Congratulations, again, Betty on your bingo win. You really are a lucky person. I am going to try the Forge this Wednesday night. Have been going to the Gala at Possil but nae luck at aw, so will head out east for a change. Well done you!
Melody
Morning all, it's lovely and sunny here at the minute. ( At the minute) I never heard a sound in the night, then ah never do. laugh.gif I must say I'm amazed at how people can discuss bodily functions like that on a public forum. We seem to have all sorts like that recently. Maybe it would be idea to pm folks when discussing the likes of this. It doesn't make for pleasant reading. No offense intended just my opinion.
wee mags
morning all the rain here was awful yeserday I hope its better the day well am off to church and some of my clan are coming for dinner my son will make steaks outside ,so no cooking on my part just the totties and a wee veggie ,well betty youve done it again ,when I ever get back to Glasgow am coming to the bingo wae you as your hiting quite a bit ,noo hing oan tae some and you can come visit me next year ? maybe we should have a wee medical post where you can discuss awe yer we medical do das ,jist a thought wink.gif
Melody
Mags next time your here your comin' wi me and ye might no get back. laugh.gif wub.gif
stuarty
The wind is doon south the noo as in surrey its cold and damp and god bless the inventor of central heating . wub.gif
stuarty
Anonymous people sholdny be allowed to comment on anything....... laugh.gif laugh.gif cause their anonymous then they post and we know who they are duh duh duh ???????????????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.