Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
murn
how about a 99 wink.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye MG thats right and I remember Jackie and Lisa but my mother and father new them very well, aha really jist remember how great there ice cream was,,as you might know MG its a wee tea room now,,, was in there last month and it was busteling ,,,why do some things have tae change,,,thanks Lass smile.gif
jakka13
Just catching up here .Here's the Curry Recipe.

CURRIED CHICKEN

2tbs oil ,1/2 tsp black pepper ,1/2 tsp Tumeric,1 tbs Curry powder,2tbs ground Corriander
1tsp Parsley flakes ,2 cloves garlic minced ,1 onion chopped ,1red and 1green pepper chopped 1 hot pepper or more if you want it hot ,(try 1 ,you can always add more )14oz can tomatoes in juice 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.

Saute onion, garlic,and spices in oil .Cook till soft but not brown .Add chopped peppers ,stir till coated .Stir in Tomatoes and juice .Bring to a boil ,add cut up chicken and corriander .Simmer till chicken is cooked ,add parsley .Serve over rice .

Substitute shrimp for Chicken .Cook as above till veggies are tender add shrimp ,cook till pink .Stir in 1tbs lime juice .
If mix is to spicy add a little tomato puree .
Hope you like it .
RonD
Huvvin' ice cream aff the van was heaven enough wi' plain wafers ........a shillingy nougat ...well!!! that was Nirvana!!!! rolleyes.gif
jimmyd
It's time we had a wee song in here ,so jist fur ma pal Betty

http://thesimsonstage.ea.com/playPerforman...I%3D&play=Y biggrin.gif wub.gif
glasgow lass
and ,,,, sad.gif
glasgow lass
aw Jimmy so sad ,,,aha love it wub.gif
glasgow lass
betty aha hope yi enjoy the song,,,Lass
Angela Chick
Hello china's biggrin.gif

Awww jimmy what a lovely song you sang it well, who was the original singer??
Gallusbisom
Ocht Jimmy,
S'no fer, noo ah'm sittin here wi the tears trippin me.

P.S. Lovely rendition of the song, thank you

GB
glasgow lass
Hi Angela,,, the original singer was Bobby Goldsbourgh smile.gif
Angela Chick
Thanks lass biggrin.gif
betty2
Aw jimmy that wis lovely yir a darlin rolleyes.gif y/no fur a wee while therr ah thought yid went aw shy , but good tae hear yir still in fine voice keep them comin

still here in glesca
betty2
Lass ah enjoyed it immensely rolleyes.gif nothing like a song tae warm the cockles o one,s heart wub.gif If yi wur nearer jimmy you an me could huv done a wee slow dance tae that

still here in glesca
betty2
Am off tae watch telly , nothin excitin goin on here , will probably look in later when sleep passesxme by once again. Suppose you members other side o the atlantic are sittin doon tae dinner , Enjoy

still here in glesca
--------------------------------
Elma
Not yet Betty, I'm 7 hours behind you smile.gif
betty2
Hi Elma 7 hours eh thats a quarter of a day rolleyes.gif ma mathematics are improvin biggrin.gif No feelin tired yet so will potter aboot oan here, an roon aboot

still here in glesca
-----------------------
betty2
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
well betty two days of taking care of two weans who are two years old is killing me ,thank god the wee grandaughter is felling better and she is going to her day care,
She is the wee yin who takes siezures when she has a high fever , so they asked me if it was okay to bring her here ,whit was I gonnae say" naw am no intae watching two weans at the same time"
she is such a sweet wee thing and that Andrew is a typical wee boy,they play well together now, but before it was them giving one and other a wee hit as they passed each other rolleyes.gif but noo they are the best of buddies
betty2
Hi mags
you take tjings easy , at two kids can be handful but being together so much hey will bond. You are a very kimd lovin woman mags and these two kids will take their gue from you wub.gif

Lee,s graduation is next week 2nd november , I am so proud of him after the ceremony the family are all going tout to dinner then he,s off to celebrate with his pals, wish ah hud theyre energy, theyre going clubbin rolleyes.gif O h tae be young again

still here in glesca
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
wee mags
tell Lee I wish him well he has worked hard for this, and you must be as proud as a peacock yir self wub.gif Dont us wee M,as come in handy ? wub.gif
Iam off ta ehiv ma tea then bed I think
betty2
Youve said it mags Ma thats aw he ever cawd me also my one of my g/daughters calls me it too. I dont mind in a way I think its complimentary. Enjoy yir tea , and sleep tight mags

still here in glesca

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Catherine
Cripes mags.....two at the terrible two stage..at the wan time..an ye don't even take a drink pet laugh.gif
Here yer Maxi boy the day oot the blue said Mum how come Chubbs husnae been to stay yet...ah said well ye better phone mags an ask her again!
{Chubbs is whit ma boys called mag's grandson Andrew}

Sorry ahv been off the Board a bit guys, ma sister wis here for a week last week an ah wis burly broon mornin noon an night, the stamina of Glasgow wis alive an well........one night ah goat tae bed at hauf two, every ither night after three, then up the next mornin, warpaint oan an boab wis the uncle an oot we went again.
Fantastic time, ah loved it.

Jimmy ah didnae get tae hear yer voice there cos there's somethin wrong wae ma speakers here, will hear it shortly when geoff gets in. We're so lucky tae huv ye and yer wonderful voice... an yer photae looks braw annaw ya big handsome devil ye xx

Betty that's jist brilliant about Lee, cannae believe how the time has flown kin you? Jist seems like yesterday he wis startin.
Gie him a big cuddle fae me an take wan fur yersel, ye must be so proud.
Whit ye werrin? laugh.gif
betty2
Thats aw sortit catherine hit the shops yesterday [ no like me] tongue.gif Giving it the sombre look grey trousers and black/grey top to go with it, Ah scrub up no bad rolleyes.gif A dedicated follower of fashion

still here in glesca
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
tammy
Aww Jimmy you're one of the reasons we love coming on the GG and I have missed you pal. Beautifully done. And Wee mags and Betty your grandchildren are lucky to have you so close. Betty if Lee has turned out well I'm pretty sure it's because of the role you have played in his life. Well done and congratulations. Enjoy the celebrations!
betty2
Thanks Tammy never never regretted having Lee these past [nearly] 20 years I was almost 50 when I took him, and must say he has given me no trouble whatsoever. He has worked hard for his diploma so it is well earned. And yes I,m proud probably finish up greetin , but he wont witness that.

still here in glesca
toerag
Betty no wonder you are so proud of Lee, I am sure he is the man he has become because of the good influence you are for him! wub.gif Catherine, glad you enjoyed your sister being here! even the late nights plenty of time to sleep later in life! Your only young once!! Mags you must be jiggered, 2 x 2year olds, ah hud my wee grand daughrter for our first "sleep over" last night! We had a great time, at least I did!! she was great, mind you see if am still saying that when she is 2...... she is 3 months now! biggrin.gif
Catherine
Listen tae betty Toerag.....Lee willnae see me greet.......AYE RIGHT!! laugh.gif
Yer outift sounds trendywendy lovely betty, ah love gray an black.

Toerag whit's this aboot a new grandchild? Ah didnae know....tell me more and Congratulations to both yersel an that lovely grampa yer merrit tae biggrin.gif

Oh whit ahd huv done fur family when the boys were that wee, though mum came for their first month an that helped a lot. Still, ah love hearin a family babysittin etc....luxury and a wonderful gift tae give.
betty2
Well willie winkie has finally caught up wae me , so goog night all tongue.gif

still here in glesca zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
toerag
Hi Catherine, thanks for the good wishes, yes Nevaeh ( na-vay-ah) Anne arrived July 14th, she's a wee smasher, ( wid say that!) and whit a happy baby, even when she wakes up big smile for everybody, somebody speaks to her in the mall big smile, (see if ahm always saying that) she has her Papa wrapped aroung her little finger....... already, like Mags says we would never say no to baby sitting anytime, waited a long time for her to arrive, we dont wait to be asked just offer....... every day! wub.gif (only kiddin) Check out her photo next time you are in the gallery!
keelie gal
Hello Ladies Thanks for all the birthday messages and pm's wub.gif I had a great birthday my suprise was a weekend away at a holiday village called mill rythe in hayling island they had a 60's weekend over there and the bands were fantastic when i got there all my family and friends were already all booked in so it was a great weekend the band the searchers were playing over there and at the end of their set they got me up on stage to sing happy birhday to me and gave me a bottle of champaygne (mum had arranged this) i must say wit a riddy i took laugh.gif I got tons of lovely pressies and vouchers and got spoiled rotten. my John got me a week in costa brava Lloret de mar all inclusive flying out on the 28th december and a white gold eternity ring so it was a fantastic weekend had by all and not to mention a good few hangovers aswell hee hee

Tammy just read your post on black magic chocolates , I will post 2 boxes for you pal so watch out for the postie as i can get them ten a penny here and in tesco's they are on offer will get that sorted for you xxxx
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif well keelie sounds as if you had a ball for your 40th glad you enjoyed your weekend go easy girl
tammy
Hello pals,

Keelie I am thrilled you had a wonderful 40th birthday! You deserve it. And a holiday and ring to boot, lucky girl! Don't worry about posting the chocolates, they will cost to much to send because of the weight, but a lovely thought. Gonna have a relaxing day myself today. It's my 20th yr. wedding anniversary today and we're going out to a beautiful restaurant tonight up on Burnaby Mountain. The views are gorgeous. Wasn't always sure we'd make 20 yrs..lol! But now that they are past, the next 20 should be no problem! lol! And Jimmy I was thinking you're gonna have to seranade all of us, not just Betty! laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Hello ma china's

Keelie glad you had a terrific birthday and what a wonderful present from john biggrin.gif enjoy.

Tammy happy anniversary to you and phil you make a gorgeous couple wub.gif 20 years something to be proud of in this day and age pal.

Oh love is just the bees knees lol.
tammy
Thanks for your kind words Angie. Do you think we could get Jimmy to sing us a song for our special day? I wonder where the rest of teh gang is today? I keep checking to see if Jakka has popped in with any of that curry or any of her other wonderful treats to warm us. What's your day been like so far? Oh guess it's almost over! lol!
Angela Chick
Your welcome tammy biggrin.gif

Jac and i took our mum for a meal today to a local chinese restuarant we call it our mum and daughters day biggrin.gif she enjoyed it

Aye where is Jakka with that curry bet it tastes lovely she is some cook.

Jimmy would be only to chuffed to sing to you and phil i think what a voice he has a gift indeed.
tammy
Oh Angie I bet your wee Mum just loved that her two girl's took her out for lunch today. I bet it made her feel special. And it will give you good memories for down the road. It's nice that you and your sister are so close too. I hope my girl's remain as close as they are now when they are adults and have their own families. And that Jakka is always going full on, never sems to slow down! She just sent Phil and I a lovely anniversary card, it was lovely with church bells included. It sounded so nice.
Angela Chick
Tammy jac and i fought like cat and dog in our teens biggrin.gif but after we became mothers we grew very close there is only 3 years between us i am very lucky to have one of each sister and brother biggrin.gif am sure brittney and rachel will be the same.

Jakka is like a whirlwind she has great energy that lady more power to her.

Again Happy Anniversary to a fab couple.

Click to view attachment
tammy
Aww thanks Angie, that was very pretty. My girl's don't fight too much, so I am lucky. And they haven't ever really caused me any trouble, they're pretty good kids. Might of had something to do with te fear of god I put into them over the years if they did! LOL!
Angela Chick
laugh.gif I bet you did am the same one look from me and Lauren knew, i have to laugh when you see these silly parents humouring their kids grrrrrrr no wonder they dont give them any respect its all in the upbringing as they say. So yes we are lucky. biggrin.gif
tammy
Exactly..who's running the show is what I wonder some days when I see parents out and about with their kids out of control behavior. Kids need rules and structure or they will end up in allkinds of trouble. I think it also requires parents to play an active part in their lives. You know..know where they are, where they're going, who their friends are etc. Say NO when it's needed and stick to it. I see friends who's kids knew when they were small running with the bad crowd and the police know them by name and they can't figure out why their kids are so out of control and mine have done so well. It's because I was the boss, not my kids. And I meant what I said. And they knew it too. I have said to them if you are out someplace where I said you're not to be or out past curfew, I will have no problem coming in and getting you. Even if that means putting in curlers and cream on my face in my pj's shoutin your name in front of all your friends!!!! LOL! And I have repeatedly told them if I get a call from the police because you've done something wrong, you might be safer there! They must have know it was true, because so far so good! LOL!
Angela Chick
My thoughts exactly tammy, i have always known where lauren is going, who she is with and if she is staying at a friends then i know that as well. Like you say we are the boss not our daughters. Some folk just dont have the brain capacity to be parents which is very sad for their kids.

Laughing at you saying they would be safer in the poilce station laugh.gif
betty2
Busy in here the night, Happy Anniversary Tammy see Angela,s brought the cake in so ah,ll huv a slice rolleyes.gif they say a moment on the lips forever on the hips, well ah believe yi canny fatten a thoroughbred so make it two slices, biggrin.gif

Nae joy at the bingo the night , but a pleasant time jist the same.Hud tae bus it hame oor chauffer wis watchin the celtic game an couldnae come back fur us, Jeez it wis cauld waitin fur rhe bus, brrr

still here in glesca
I think this Auld Charmer Jimmy is out to charm all the lassies .I think it's time he sang "For all the girls I loved " rolleyes.gif .Maybe he'll give us the Anniversary Waltz tonight just for Tammy and Phil .Oh ! how we danced on the night we were wed la la la .
Speaking of Auld Charmers ,I had a good long blether with Boots on Sunday .She sends everyone her love .She's just getting over the flu .She assured me she was on the mend and feeling better .She can't type right now ,her hands are bad .I passed on all the good wishes that had been sent to me to pass on to her and she thanks everyone for their kindness .
Betty ,anymore good luck at the Bingo?I haven't been in 20 years .I keep telling my neighbor at the lake I will go with her one week but I never get around to it .
Going to have a busy day tomorrow ,groceries ,hair dresser .Shop for some wee bits for the weans and pack the van .I want to take off early on Friday morning and try and get across the border before it gets too busy .Lots of people going down looking for bargains because our dollar is so strong .
Well I'm away to make some Fudge to take to my grand daughter so if I don't come on for a few days you'll know I'm playing with the weans .
Have a great night Tammy ,have a good weekend pals ,Cheers Jakka
keelie gal
Big wub.gif hug to you ya jakka fae me n tammy
betty2
Hi keelie did yi hiv a nice birthday, ?

Jakka have a nice trip hope you get some bargains

still here in glesca
keelie gal
oh betty i had a ball honest tae god my wee ma wee mum done me proud..betty im still opening pressies now they just keep comming everyone has been so good im just blown away by it all .....still no long till the 2nd nov will be thinking of you x
keelie gal
whers oor jimmy i sure feel a sing song comming on ......bless him the wee GG gem xxxx
Angela Chick
Aye jimmy its morning with you so get in here and sing us a wee song as keelie said yer a wee gem and i always knew you were a man of many talents biggrin.gif
keelie gal
here here wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.