Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
HOUSE rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
nite all sweet dreams
murn
B-I-N-G-O! And Bingo was his name-O
you go girl, get yer heid doon, ah know am ur wub.gif
maryhillgal
Eyes doon and hope ye win again!
Isobel
Now thats the real Glasgow sitting chatting to the passengers on the bus.I love it. Remember and let us know if you meet her again Betty. Well today was not that nice here very dark clouds but it was quite warm. Must get to my bed now . Tomorrow morning is our church bazar I am on the penny table great fun. So good night girls talk tomorrow.
jakka13
Betty ,your wee story reminded me of one of my visits back home .My lovely sister and I had gone in to have a pub lunch .The couple at the next table started talking and in the end invited us to come to the Thistle Club for a wee night out .They said "Bring yer man as well"My sister said I would have to wait for mine as he was 3,000 miles away ,"Och !! no tae worry hen .I'll fix ye up wi ma pal "
Another day we were in the East Kilbride Shopping Center and went into this cafe for a coffee .My sister sent me to find a seat and she would get the coffees .The place was packed and the only two seats I could find were at a table with an old lady sitting there .I asked her if she would mind us sitting with her ."Not at all ,not at all "she said .My sister sat down and we proceeded to eat our apple slices and drink the coffee .All the time this wee woman was looking from one of us to the other .Finally she asked "Ur you two sisters ?"
We said" yes ".She said "You don't look it " laugh.gif We nearly choked laughing .That's why I love Glasgow .Best people in the world .
Goodnight Pals
Elma
Great wee story Jakka, and Betty make sure you do get on that bus again. That's what I like about living in a small town (6,500 in Kimberley), everyone gets to know one another, sometimes too much but there is always someone to talk to when you are shopping. smile.gif
jakka13
Where is everyone ????? Did you all go away with Keelie for the weekend ????
Here I am all ready for a blether and nobody to talk to .
Melody
Ah'm here Jakka, only eight hours late. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Hello gang biggrin.gif

Mark and i went for a meal on friday to a lovely Indian Resturant in Renfrew the food was great cant get enough of Indian food. ha ha

Hope you all had a good weekend biggrin.gif
RonD
Ah wiz talkin' tae a customer o' mine aboot a year ago, (She's fae London) an' she telt me hurr an' hurr hubby wurr goin' oan hoaliday. Ah asked where? She said we off to India and then we'll stop in London for a "proper" curry !!!!!!! ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Imagine that Ron, bet you were stuck for words there.
jakka13
I've got a good Curry recipe if anyone is interestd .
tammy
Oh Jean, can you send that recipe to me please. I'm sure it's deliceous if it's one of your's. It's wet, wet, wet here! Yuck. And I'm on the hunt for Black Magic chocolates for Christmas gifts if either yourself or maybe Ron knows where I might find them and order them on-line. A canadian supplier? I've started my shopping and my Mum in-law would love to have those. I looked everywhere last year and couldn't find them. Apparently we don't get them here in Canada or they don't make them for our store shelves. If you know what I mean? They used too. I could find everything but.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye tammy they black magic chocolates,,, such a pleasure to give and a joy to recieve tongue.gif good luck finding them if aha see any i'll let yi know
glasgow lass
Hullo betty aha was wondering where yi were smile.gif
betty2
My weekend was as usual interesting but no bingo win, but the chattin wis good. Again in true glesca fashion, we aw sit an blether at the interval. These people I only see once a week , we all sit at the same tables , and our conversations take up from where we left off the previous week. Dont even know one another,s names. They are all very nice people. Amazing is,nt it rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
tammy
Thanks Glasgow Lass, I appreciate it. Hiya Betty! Glad to hear you're still out and about 100% full on! Maybe your luck will be with you next week at Bingo! I better go and make dinner now. Have a great day/night/morning ladies!
glasgow lass
aye betty that is amazing tae have that kind of repore whit people that we dont know too well it sounds like there is a very nice camaraderie there . biggrin.gif
maryhillgal
Bingo is one of the best places to meet and talk to people.
murn
And I'm on the hunt for Black Magic chocolates for Christmas gifts if either yourself or maybe Ron knows where I might find them and order them on-line. A canadian supplier?.

Not sure where in Canada you are
there is a little store in Newmarket ON.

Sweets in Store
474 Timothy Street Newmarket Ontario
Phone : (905)853-6450
They may have Black Magic

Jakka, I widnae mind the recipe as well wub.gif
tammy
Thanks Murn, I'm in BC, but if they sell on-line that is ok too.
betty2
GL no matter where ah go , in a hospital waiting room am famed for it , ah suss oot who tae sit next tae so ah cin start up a conversation, Always been like that , Dae yi yjink thats how this room has lasted aw these years? rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
betty aha love tae talk tae people as well and grasp every opportunity if aha see it,,,
betty2
Talking is the pathway to making friends, even on my travels abroad I spend time shattin in the airport to complete strangers, My cousin who has recently started travelling with me was dumbfounded by it but now she is doing the same, must be catchin. Even foreigners smile when I commence but ah think theyre jist bein polite or else they get a laugh at the way I try to communicate with them biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
betty is a macallum ice cream on something unsure.gif
maryhillgal
Betty - a wee spelling error in yer post. I hope you meant "chatting" and no "shattin" as you said in your post or you will be in deep doodoo!! You'll have to carry a pooper scooper with you.
betty2
GL a macallum is ice cream wae rasperry seved in a wee silver dish

MHG CHATTIN 10/10 fur observation biggrin.gif jist checkin tae see whose on the ball

still here in glesca
murn
The wee silver dish always seemed tae make it taste better. The italian cafes always made great coffee as well. Luved it when they made it with the steamed milk, forget about yer Starbucks, oor wee cafe's were better wub.gif
betty2
Many happy hours spent in the cafes, and many romances blossomed therr anaw wub.gif

still here in glesca
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 21st Oct 2007, 09:09 PM) *
betty is a macallum ice cream on something unsure.gif

hey wait a minute, wis it on here that we wur talkin about macallum, am awe mixed up huh.gif
betty2
Here am gettin aw sentimental noo time ah wis in bed good night all tongue.gif

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
laugh.gif yes betty noo aha remember,,, aha used tae go down tae the cafe foot of lochburn rd ferr a wee bowl of ice cream and some rasperry for mah lovely auld granny,,its a wee tea room now and is always busy ,,, thanks betty Lass
murn
good idea Betty "sweet" dreams rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
nite betty sleep well wub.gif
glasgow lass
naw murn!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif bit aha couldny find betty so aha had tae jump aboot tae ask her aboot the macallums
Isobel
Tammy I always get Black Majic in Zellers or sometimes shopper drug.Jean Jim would love your curry recipe.
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 21st Oct 2007, 10:30 PM) *
naw murn!!! laugh.gif bit aha couldny find betty so aha had tae jump aboot tae ask her aboot the macallums

phew! thought a wis havin a senior moment, oh wait thats somewhere else tongue.gif
Elma
Tammy, you could try Dickens Sweetshop in Chilliwack for Black Magic. The also do mail order, their web-site is www.dickenssweets.com

Like Isobel I have usually managed to get Black Magic at either Pharmasave or Shoppers Drug.

Good luck with your hunt.
Gemini
Tammy I am sending you this email address it is a scottish butches here in the usa which on occasions I go to not sure about black magic but you can try.

Ian@cameronsofkearny.net

good luck. he sells everything.
tammy
Thanks so much ladies and Ron for replying to my request for help finding Black Magic chocolates. Hopefully I will be able to find them this year. Elma and Isobel, those stores never caried them last year, at least not here. I asked store manager's and they said they were no longer supplied? Yesterday I even sent off an e-mail to Nestle UK! LOL! I will keep you posted! Thanks again everyone for taking time out of your busy day to respond. Much appreciated. wub.gif
RonD
Tammy, there two types Black Magic boxes available.
betty2
Tammy at the butchers ur yi no mer likely tae get black puddin biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
tammy
Right Ron, do you mean the UK one's are better? I'm guessing they are because I myself don't really like the Black Magic I have had over the years here. And I love chocolate! Betty, funny. But, the Butcher has a good selection of british sweeties and crisps and other foods, seems I never get out of there with just one thing and it always costs me more than I intended! LOL! I get my Cadbury Selection boxes there every year for Phil and the girl's. Mags, how are you pal? I'm just sitting down for a cup of tea.
maryhillgal
Glasgowlass - the cafe you are talking about was the Melrose Cafe owned by Jackie Melrose and his wife Lisa Jaconelli. My pal and I used to haunt that cafe - one bottle of coke and two straws would last us all night, or a hot orange. [Still at school and nae money]. Used tae love listening tae the juke box and eyein' up aw the talent that came in.
wee mags
hhi tammy Iam fine just not on the board so much lately ,I have been taking care of my wee grandson and am done in when he leaves biggrin.gif
Iam no as young as I used to be or want to be,betty how are you soory I have not been on too much, but now my wee grandson is going to go to day care three days a week,so I should recuperate , MG I used to go to the Melrose with my daddy for a Kinckerboker Glory ,and some Sundays when my mammy did not cook I would take a jug down and get a shillings worth of ice cream. wink.gif
maryhillgal
Aye wee Mags, it's amazing what you got for a shilling in those days. Their ice cream was terrific and if we were "flush" we would get a McCallum.
wee mags
how about a double nouget?
maryhillgal
No ta, I'd rather have an oyster!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.