Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Ach well, lets hope so. smile.gif
Isobel
Does this mean they are out ,or is there still a chance. My hubby is so upset England also lost.
Angela Chick
Hi Isobel, all i know is we still play Italy on the 17th November biggrin.gif
Isobel
Thanks Angela at least were still in there with a shout. A wee bitty luck needed eh.
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif hopefully a wee bit more skill as well Isobel
betty2
while you ladies were watchin the football ah went tae bingo, and unlike the scotland team ah won , jist a wee win but still a win biggrin.gif

Got a celebration on the 2nd november , my g/sons graduation. The ceremony is being held in the royal concert hall, then we [family] are all going to dinner to mark his achievment. I am so proud of him.

still here in glesca
betty2
Time ah wisnae here so am off tae bed wae ma sleepy head, wink.gif

still here in glesca
Isobel
God Betty your so lucky ,happy for you . A just never win anything.Enjoy the day with your family .I always wished my parents could have been around when my daughters graduated I know how proud they would have been.
glasgow lass
Aye betty,,, thats jist great aboot yi grandson is he graduating from uni,,,,, and nite nite betty sleep well ,,,Lass smile.gif
jakka13
Well here I am .Brakes are fixed $225 later .Better safe than sorry .Just finished knitting a wee doll outfit and ready to start another tomorrow .I think I've actually got a day where I can just do as I please .The housework is all done for a couple of days ,I don't have to go out for anything and I don't have company coming .I've got a nice curry in my freezer so all I have to do for supper is make some rice .I can get up and walk in the morning and then just relax and do my crafts.
Doesn't happen very often ,so I'm going to enjoy myself .
Good night all .
keelie gal
Thats great news about your grandson betty no wonder your so proud it will be a great day for you all , my john graduated in july this year and had his ceremony at guildhall he got outstanding achievment award for bricklaying and i was so proud to see him on stage with the cloak and mortar on that i started bubbling so i was no use taking photo's, laugh.gif but thankfully there was a photographer there so we got the pics of him getting his award , well done to your grandson betty all his hard work has paid off now he can reap the rewards biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Just me popping in to say hello again..... biggrin.gif
Java
Hiya Keelie...how's wee Blossom? wub.gif
Melody
Ah'm fine thanks Java. laugh.gif
Java
Aw noo see ah was gonna say you're big Blossom, but that wid jist be stupit and get me intae trouble...laugh.gif how's wee tiny Blossom? laugh.gif
Melody
Well if ah knew ah'd tell ye. laugh.gif Who is Wee Blossom?
keelie gal
I have wee blossom sleeping over tonite she is in the front room fast a kip thats her 6 months today ,bless her she is such a good wee soul i will take some new pics of her tomorrow to put in the gallery biggrin.gif she is going to her wee cousins birthday party her cousin will be 2 on halloween so blossom has her party outfit .. a wee pumpkin suit and matching slippers laugh.gif
Java
Oh you musta been makin the tea when Keelie tellt us her wee granddaughter's name....laugh.gif....speakin'a tea....mind nae sugar in mine... rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
hello melody hows things
Java
Aw how cute is that....a wee tiny pumpkin.....laugh.gif
keelie gal
Two cuppa's comming right up wink.gif
Melody
Aw ah see, that's lovely, enjoy Keelie. smile.gif Ah'm jealous. wub.gif
keelie gal
I know melody cant wait to see her in it and take some photo's wub.gif
Java
Aw so am ah.....dollies are jist no the same, sure they're no....laugh.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
Sometimes ah try puttin' Johnson's talc oan them. sad.gif
Java
Makes an awfy mess tho...plastic jist isny as absorbent as it used tae be....laugh.gif...and don't get me started oan the jars o' pureed beef and carrot....laugh.gif
Melody
Oh ah know, whit a mess it makes. laugh.gif Ah saw another dress for ma granddaughter yesterday, it's awright she knows me, it's just that she's up in heaven still. smile.gif

Jist humour me.
Java
Aw, whit colour?...have ye still got any baby clothers from when yours were wee?
Melody
Whit colour wean? We'll ideally she'd be light brown but ah'll take whit ah get. laugh.gif The dress was white with a maroon trim at the top and bottom, kind of organza material, jist the kind my girls would never put near them. Too frilly for them. sad.gif But ah'll force it oan ma grandwean.
Melody
Is she still sleepin' Keelie? smile.gif It's ok till they start cryin' sure it is? unsure.gif
Melody
Wonder where the lady of the house is tonight? smile.gif
keelie gal
hopefully shouting house at the bingo wink.gif
tammy
Hello pals. It's been awhile, not that you havent been in my thoughts. Seems I'm kept pretty busy these days, but I'm off on a wee break. Not one to come in empty handed I have brought in a large bottle of Mint Bailey's for you all to try.
jakka13
Hi Tammy ,
Could I have a wee shot of the Bailey's in my coffee please?.I brought some home made fudge for everyone .I had a nice easy day today so started making treats .
Groceries tomorrow .Hard to believe it's less than two weeks till Halloween .Remember to post pictures of Blossom in her wee outfit .
Have a great weekend Keelie .Many Happy returns on your special day .
wee mags
I think this is Bettys BINGO night,I just popped in to say hi ,I hope all is well with everyone wink.gif
maryhillgal
Aye Betty is definitely on a roll at the moment. Long may it continue for her. I think I'll start going to her hall again [The Forge] and see if my luck will change. Keep winning Betty.
Melody
Mornin' all, cold and bright here this morning. smile.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif same here melody beautiful sunshine
Java
Anybody want some clouds?...it's no trouble, ah've plenty....biggrin.gif
murn
...and a dash of thunder and lightning sad.gif
keelie gal
sorry java ye can keep yer clouds pal im enjoying the sunshine even though its a bit nippy oot biggrin.gif but thanks all the same for thinking about us pal
keelie gal
Tammy great to see you back in betty's room where ye been hiding pal wub.gif
tammy
Hello ladies, glad to see Betty's room is alive and well with allof the same happy people chatting away. Keelie I've been busy studying and working. My new shift doesn't give me much time to sit down at the computer. We are officially the busiest ambulance in the Lower Mainland! My car, crosses 2 shift patterns and it is the only one that does that! It is crazy busy. But, I keep in mind I do not have to work nightshift anymmore, so I think it's worth it. My baby is turning 16 tomorrow, which means she can start driving! Yikes!!! Hopefully she'll turn out to be as good of a driver as her sister. We are going to see "spamalot" in Seattle for it. She is the biggest Monty Python fan I know and it's basd on that comedy and has been getting rave reviews. So, I hope it is good and she enjoys it. We'll do a bit of shopping on our way home and then she has hockey! Well gals, I best be going again I am due to go for breakfast with Phil's family in an hour and I'm not ready nor are we packed for our trip away!!!! Tae care and know that I think of you all often. And I enjoy the ladies who send me the e-mail's regularly keeping me up to date with things and the PM's. Keelie have a fabulous 40th birthday pal! I'll raise my glass to you this weekend I promise! And keep your eye out on your post!! wub.gif
betty2
Technical fault kept me off line yesterday but up an runnin again. Nice tae see the friendly faces still comin in.

Canny mind who asked , but , Lee is graduating in plumbing and gas heating engineering skills

Went to the city today for lunch with Jess and a wee dauner roon the shops, had a very pleasant day. On my way into town I travelled on the motivator, this is a bus which operates between glasgow and edinburgh, it has only one stop and fortunately its here i in the area which I live. When I got on I got chatting [as I do] to a lovely ladt from edinburgh she travels on this service every friday , and she is 79 years old. Marvelous eh biggrin.gif In the short space of time I practically knew all about her likes and dislikes. At the end of the journey she said she travelled on the same bus [timewise] and said she would look forward to meeting me again. As I go into town every friday I musy make it a point to cattch that same bus.

Well thats been my experiences of the past day, weather has beed lovely it makes going out such a pleasure
rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
murn
jees woman dae yee never sleep, thats wit Glasgow is all about getting on a bus and havin a wee chat. Any time we are back we like tae take the bus cause people jist start up a conversation wae yee, and the pubs well yee can walk in wan and the folks sittin next tae yee ur yer best pals wub.gif
glasgow lass
Hello betty,,,,, nice tae see yi again it must be lovely there in Glasgow the noo last month the trees were jist begining tae change colour on G W rd,,, thats a lovely road aha must say betty, many times I walked up tae the cemetery from the hotel along that rd and up through Maryhill and up the back rd right tae the gate and loved every moment of it ,,,, Lass .
betty2
Hi murn ma downfall is ah fallasleep watchin tv, then when bedtime comes aroon am wide awake

GL think ah,ve missed something wink.gif were you in glasgow recently? and is that great western rd you are talking about. Only time Im in that part of the city is attending gartnavel hospital for my eye appointments I,m guessing here you are a maryhill lass but in the dark as to where you live now. sad.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Getting a bit sleepy now , need ma rest fur tomorra its BINGO
murn
legs eleven laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.