Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jakka13
Great news Betty ,you must be in a lucky streak .More power to you.
We were all talking about age yesterday well I read this we quote in a magazine today "DON'T COUNT THE YEARS IN YOUR LIFE ,COUNT THE LIFE IN YOUR YEARS " laugh.gif
betty2
Hi mags ah wis happy wae ma win biggrin.gif

An Jakka theres still a lot of life in this here lady, cos I,ve got a lotta livin still to do rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
betty are you keeping your money for Las Vegas? yir gonnae need it wink.gif
betty2
All taken care of mags its only the spending money I am concentrating on now.

Got two trips to Ireland in between but thats family occasions Then las vegas in june rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Time to turn the light off, turn back the bedcover, climb into bed and dream wink.gif
Isobel
oH come on Jakka, did you not say you were going to take ma turn. Don't forget to whitewash the borders . Don't laugh guys guess where I was tonight. Bridesmaid shopping. Daughters have picked the dress style for next August wedding. No idea as yet what colour they will decide on. Don't have to decide till Christmas.And so it all begins again.

Keelie hope you have a great weekend. A thought life began at 60 , am a not right Betty? You have a lot of years ahead of you , dont waste a second of them,ENJOY.
Jim and I just booked up for eight days in Cuba. It was one of these last minute great deals on the net. One other couple ,friends of ours are also going. We leave on Halloween, Cant wait. Need a good week away from it all.
Elma
Of course life begins at 40 but get even better at 60!!

Congrats Betty on your win and wow, I bet your friend is over the moon at her winnings. I don't think I'd know what to do first. I never have any luck with the lottery, don't go to Bingo, no halls near here. sad.gif
Isobel
What a weekend I have had. Its turned so dam cold here, hard to take after all the beautiful warm weather we have had. Still it is almost Halloween, You would think the stores would be happy to just celebrate the season ,but no all the Christmas decor is out in full force. Sorry Im not a bit more like you Betty . I hate shopping so I tend to pick up anything just to get back home. My girls call me queen of the returns. I should think about my purchase before I rush into things.Yes I will be back at the mall during the week. Just one return this time, ha ha , well its good to be able to laugh at ourselves.
betty2
The big bingo win for my friends has turned into a nightmare, After agreeing to share [this was decided brfore the game started] the one who won it renaged on the deal. Now this involved 2 sisters and 2 sisters in law, all one family/ Now under scottish law a verbal agreement is legal and binding its whats called a gentlemens agrrement . As a result of all this there is a very ugly split in the family, and tomorrow its headlines in the papers. Talk about money being the root of all evil, this incident has proven that.

But ma win jist fur masel so ah,ve nae hassle , its up tae me who ah bung tongue.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Comin on here in the wee sma hoors , hus a calmin effect oan me , dont ask why minny its because ah jist wander roon fae wan topic tae anither , browsin . Jist like windae shoppin, disnae bother me naebody tae talk tae . Am ma ain best freen anywey biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Elma
Ha ha Betty, I'm following you around anyway!! I'm almost ready for bed so popped in for a wee browse, you're right it is like window shopping and doesn't cost anything smile.gif

Sorry to hear about the bingo winners, there's something to be said for being in it for oneself.
keelie gal
Betty thats a shame the sisters have fell out because of the bingo win , its a lot of money to win eh! but as you say betty money is the root of all evil very very true ,still glad you had your win betty keep it up more money in the pot fer yer holidays wink.gif
Angela Chick
Morning all.

Oh betty is that not just awful re bingo winnings, is she had kept to her agreement and split it 4 ways a quarter of a million is a hell of a lot of money(life changing). A really feel for the other 3 women they must be gutted to say the least.

All i can say is the winner will never have any luck with it thats for sure and she wont enjoy it either considering what i read in the paper this morning. Its so true " the love of money is the root of all evil". sad.gif
Java
QUOTE (jakka13 @ 20th Sep 2007, 04:44 AM) *
I've got the ugliest cactus you have ever clapped eyes on ...This thing just got bigger and uglier every year and never got a flower .I went on the net and found out it wouldn't flower till it became pot bound .Well the hook I had it hanging from broke a few months ago ,I picked the plant up as best I could and put it in another hanger (a bit smaller).I lost quite a bit of it as a lot broke off when it fell .Well lo and behold I've got ten buds on it .I'm treating it like a jewel ....If I get flowers I'll take a picture and try and post it .

Posting Jakka's cactus picture...biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
maryhillgal
Glad to hear about your win Betty2. More power to you and keep the run of good luck going. That was a terrible thing about the million pound jackpot. That happened in the Mecca, Drumchapel a number of years ago. Two friends [from Dunoon I think] used to go every week and always split their winnings. One of them won the £100,000 and her husband wouldn't let her share it with her friend. It caused all sorts of trouble and I think it went to court but don't know the outcome. As you say, money is the root of all evil and this proves it.
betty2
According to what I,ve read it has happened on more than one occasion and them that took it to court won. Now a husband having a say in this, well that I dont agree with especially if he is,nt involved in the game. No man husband or not would tell me what to do with my winnings becausu I believe in "whats mine is mine to do what I please with" And that too is legal and binding.

However there may be a fairer ending to this story in time

still here in glesca
betty2
nice plant tender loving care seems to have paid off Jakka

still here in glesca
betty2
Off now to catch up wae ma e-mails then retiring for the night : sad.gif

still here in glesca
jakka13
Glad you like the plant .It's got about eight of these flowers and about another ten ready to open and some smaller buds .Everybody who ever saw it had a good laugh at it it was so ugly .My man said I should just leave it hanging at the cottage he didn't want me to bring it home .It just goes to show what you can get from an Ugly Duckling laugh.gif
betty2
A very fine swan indeed rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca

or in this case a plant biggrin.gif
keelie gal
morning ladies , miserable weather here today dark and wet n windy not nice, changed my shift with my work pal so i have today off ,wont be doing much today by the looks of it probably just potter about the house today doing bits n bobs, got all the stuff in to make a big pot of soup so all that grating veg will keep me busy fer a while ,betty good to read on the big meet topic ye will be attending the meet and elma,should be a good meet as i understand there is alot of members already put there names down ,i shall be there myself and look forward to it biggrin.gif
Java
Well here ah'm back and yees didny even miss me....ah coulda been kidnapped by the foreign legion....ah coulda been lost in space....ah coulda been up tae ma eyes in mud in deepest darkest Peru....ah coulda been shoutin at a tech support guy for two days....anyways....good evening everybuddy...biggrin.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif ave missed you java and a know nobody could keep you prisoner if kidnapped hen youd be to much hassle for them
keelie gal
Hello there Java and welcome back pal i wondered where ye got to laugh.gif
Java
Cheeky....laugh.gif......ah know money changed hauns but ah'm no sure it wis in the right direction....laugh.gif

Is that you singin ah hear Keelie?
keelie gal
Aye java thats me singing alright got the radio turned up and singing ma heart oot god help ma wee neighbour biggrin.gif
Isobel
looks great Jakka. Betty too bad about your friends. Do they not realise that a good friend is worth all the money in the world. I think thats just greed. They could share an make a lot of people happy.
keelie gal
Hi Betty just popping in to say hello hope all is well with you up there in sunny glesga wink.gif , well ladies im off in to town today to start the xmas shopping as i hate leaving it to last minute got a list so here's hoping i can find them all aswell as a few wee bargains they have a few sales on so im gonna take advantage of them ,then its off fer a pub lunch so busy day fer me today so i will catch up with you all later biggrin.gif
wee mags
morning betty and whoever has come to visit ,sorry I have not been in for a wee while but I have been trying to catch up with all the stuff I never done while it was so hot ,I wont do that again I had such a lot of junk oot it went noo I cin see whits whit ,well time for ma wee boy tae come see ya all later wink.gif
betty2
Hi ladies nice tae see some friendly faces fur a chinge, last coupla times ah wis oan ah wis talkin tae masel, ah no this is cad INMASEL But c/mon noo a wee bit common courtesy biggrin.gif java noo yir back gonny tell me wherr yi wur. tongue.gif Jist curious

Mags they weans are in good hauns wae you.

still here in glesca
jakka13
Good morning all ,lovely day here ,bright and sunny.
Just finished my walk and now I'm takin' the van in to get it's breaks checked .There was a funny noise coming off them yesterday .I'm planning a run down to see my wee weans next week-end so I don't want to end up on the highway with no brakes .Talk later .Cheers .
betty2
Hi Jakka sunny afternoon here in glasgow bit nippy tho, but ah,ll put up wae that. rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Afternoon all,

Not been on much lately been a wee busy bee, later i will be cheering on Scotland looking forward to that " mon the scots" biggrin.gif

Tata catch you later.
keelie gal
Angela i will be cheering fer the boys aswell......c'mon scotland ye can do it wink.gif
keelie gal
Betty i forgot to say if your off to the bingo the nite the best of luck biggrin.gif
Melody
Hi Keelie, ah'm nervous are you? unsure.gif
keelie gal
Aye Melody iam but i have faith in them and i have my flag in the window ....heheee i bet the nieghbours love that laugh.gif
Melody
Good for you Keelie,......aw naw look whits' happened. sad.gif
keelie gal
oh no sad.gif
murn
unsure.gif ?? whit happened?? unsure.gif
Melody
Oh don't ask the noo Murn. sad.gif
murn
kin ah ask noo?? unsure.gif
Melody
Naw, we canny say the actual words at the minute. sad.gif
murn
kin yees no type them then??
unsure.gif
am a in an Agatha Christie room?

luv a good mystery unsure.gif
murn
Ah! think I jist figered it oot maself, say no more sad.gif
Melody
Sorry Murn, is disnae matter noo sad.gif We were beat. sad.gif
Java
Hallo everybody......ah'm back again....laugh.gif laugh.gif
murn
A know, I went on the web tae see the score and everything fell in tae place sad.gif
There won't be a happy hubby when I get home tonight sad.gif
Melody
Hi ya Java yer back, oh Murn there won't be a happy person in Scotland. sad.gif
Java
Ocht we can scoosh Italy.....ah've insider information.... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.