Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
stratson
D'ye no think you look like Maureen O'Hara noo?
betty2
Java its roller blades fur me tongue.gif

Maureen o Hara noo that sounds original stratson
betty2
Noo ah came up here tae dae a bit o tidyin up an goat railroaded, so am off tae finish whit ah startit, still here in glesca
Java
Ah hope you're no wearin they roller blades in the hoose... huh.gif
RonD
Of course yer wanted Betty! yer right popular oan this thread and ithers tae!!
betty2
Thanks RonD Always nice tae know am appreciated wub.gif cripes yiv goat me blushin

still here in glesca
betty2
Missed corrie earlier oan so am off tae watch it noo, these catch up channels are real haundy biggrin.gif But ah,ll be back

still here in glwsca
keelie gal
Morning All wit a miserable day here today so grey and dismal nae chance of pinnin a washing oot today so oot comes the tumble dryer a wee trusty reserve i can always rely on wink.gif betty i love yer new avater havnae seen that one on the boards yet its a cracker,betty i went to newcastle for my auntys 50th birthday bash then up to scotland for my dad's 60th suprise birthday party i was away fer 10 days but it seemed like i blinked and it was time to fly home still it was great to be roon all the family again seen cousins and aunty's n uncles i havent seen fer years and melody we had lots of wee sing songs aswell which i loved i sang so much i near lost my voice,my john ate so much steak pie and fruit pudding he gained half a stone laugh.gif The family just kept feeding him up and the amount of butcher meat he made me buy to bring back i was worried they wouldnt let us on the plane with hand luggage but it was okay thankfully so he's stocked up fer a wee while that should keep him going well ladies better get on with the hoosework but i will be back on later so cheerio fer now
betty2
Spending time with family always makes for good entrtainment, sounds like you had a great time KG, ooops huvnae said good mornin, so Good Morning and a miserable wan here also rained aw through the night and looks like its here fur the day

Aviator certainly suits mr dont you think? tongue.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
aye it does indeed Betty wink.gif
betty2
Hi mags !how you doin"? rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
no bad betty, but Iam getting ready to make dinner,
I just dropped in to say Hi wink.gif
wee mags
well the bliddy yank said wait a few mins until the weans mom comes to get herso I guess I can see whose doing what to who the day rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Hi everybody ,well I made it home safe and sound last Friday but couldn't get connected to the net .Some problem with one of my cables .I finally got up laugh.gif and running a wee while ago .Just thought I'd drop in and say how nice it is to be back with you all .You know that scary face at the window might have been me just havin'a wee keek to see you all .
jakka13
Smilie was supposed to be on the end of the last post tongue.gif
stratson
Good to see you home jakka. How wonderful it must be to have a summer home. Is it back to the baking and embroidery?(By the way, it is first class) smile.gif
betty2
Nice to see you got home safe and sound Jakka am jist efter burnin ma haun oan the hot brush so am no very safe in the home tongue.gif Tryin tae dae ma herr an see to washin aw at the same time. Always in a hurry, thats me

still here in glesca
jakka13
Hi Stratson ,it's like the old saying back to plain claes and porridge .I'm stitching a picture of Highland Cows for my daughter for her birthday in Dec .I'm crocheting a wee teddy in a basket that turns into a wee purse and has a bunch of wee clothes in it .I've sent away for a baby doll that comes with patterns for clothes so the knitting needles will come out .I've got a trip to the U.S coming up in a couple of weeks to see the wee ones so I'm trying to finish everything up so I can take it all with me .Somebody asked me once if I got bored with being retired !!!!
I don't have enough hours in my days to do all the stuff I have to do .On top of all the crafts I'm trying to get some order in this flat .Most of the stuff is unpacked but I've laundry to catch up on and I'll have to make a trip back up to the cottage as I forgot my mincer (Imake my own sausages ) I went scooting around yesterday to try and buy another one but nobody had them .At least I can knit in the car on the way there and back (No I won't be driving ) laugh.gif .
Well I just came up from the gym and I'm going out to have another look around before I make the trip up north so I'll say ta ra to you all.
betty2
Certainly a very busy and talented wummin Jakka biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
keelie gal
hello all ,no long in from work and im jiggered tonite gonna cook spag bog as its nice n easy and quick then crack on with my ironing as i want to watch the pride of britain awards tonite bet i will end up greeting at them as i always do ochh but thats just me, smile.gif
Melody
Hi pals Jakka I'm tired just reading your post about all the things you do. Good on you. Oh Keelie don't mention the ironin' it's what my Sundays are for. laugh.gif
betty2
Wish I had trhe energy of some of you ladies, have one or two chores that could be daen wae ma attenshun. Tomorrow is another day and mibby ah,ll get around tae tacklin them. Had a nice wee night at the bingo with friends and a profitable one at that biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
stratson
So your no tellin' us how much! Wise decision, think o' the beggin' letters ye'll no get!
Jist think o' aw the lovely stuff ye can buy in Letterkenny. ENJOY. biggrin.gif
betty2
3 weeks away yet stratson, winnings will be well spent by then. Not a fortune but its always nice to win biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
maryhillgal
Yer darned right, it is nice to win Betty2. Good on ye. I went to the Gala at Possil the night with my aunt but didnae win a sausage [no that ah wanted one anyway] but it is nice tae get a shout.
betty2
Mibby next time MHG. It gies yi a wee buzz when yi get a shout rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
keelie gal
well done betty another wee win ,guess ye willl be oot at the shops tomorrow biggrin.gif
betty2
Hi keelie goat a trip tae the vet the morra wae ma sons dog, theyre workin so ah,ve goat the job wink.gif an then the hairdresser, busy bee the morra.

still here in glesca
maryhillgal
Am sure ye'll still find a wee bit of time to buy yersel somethin' Betty. It's fun money so have some fun!
betty2
True eniff MHG an knowin ma passion or addiction fur shoppin ah might jist gie masel a wee treat. Friday,s ma day fur the cityv so we shall see biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Well its good night from me to those of you who took time to chat biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Elma
Good night Betty, pleased to hear of your wee win smile.gif
Isobel
Hi Betty, how you doing? Not been in to chat for a while still winding down after the wedding and all the company. God am really tired. Love to have all the family visit but love to see them all go back home. I have posted a few pictures, not sure if anyone will be interested ,some of the pictures seem to have gone on a little small. I am not that good on the computer and dont know all the tricks. Anyway if you want a wee look goto the gallery. I'll talk tomorrow heading off to bed now.
Elma
Have just looked at the photos Isobel, Joanne was a beautiful bride, you must have been so proud of her. Are they going to be living near you?
keelie gal
Hello All poppin in tae say a cheery hello to you all well folks myself and my pal turn 40 next week ,my pal is dreading it and getting depressed about it myself on the other hand canny wait to hit 40 well after all they say life begins at forty so i say bring it on biggrin.gif im looking forward to being over the hill ...I know im getting taken away for the weekend for my birthday but i havent a clue where im going as they wont tell me a thing just to book the weekend off work and pack a bag and some swimwear so im sitting here and ma erse is making buttons trying to figure out where they might be taking me i will have to wait till next friday to find out then all will be revealed i know my mum has done all the bookings and stuff so knowing my wee ma it will be really special so roll on next friday i canny wait and bring on the big 40 laugh.gif im ready and waiting
Java
Ocht sure ye don't look a day ower twenty wan hen....biggrin.gif (is it ma turn fur Blossom yet?)

See if ye got a star for yer birthday, like somebody discovered a new one and you got tae name it...whit would ye call it?
jimmyd
MaStar!! lol laugh.gif Ye know Java ,you and Melody , have this ability to think about lovely things such as this , simplistic yet so profound. Two of lifes gentle souls !!
betty2
Isibel welcome back tae cyberland tongue.gif will look in tae the pictures shortly and get back tae yi

Keelie the big 40 good on yi girl am sure theres lots of surprises in store fur yi. Telt tae pack swimwear, sounds tae me like yir headin fur sunny shores. Noo life beginnin at 40 disnae mean yir ower the hill , jist sittin oan top o it enjoyin aw yi survey rolleyes.gif Am sure you,ll have a lively time and I wish you well

An jimmy ah wis cawd efter a star years ago , ma maiden name wis betty hutton an she wis a big star

still here in glesca
keelie gal
laugh.gif laugh.gif good wan betty
jakka13
Hi all ,
good to see you back Isobel .Just saw your pictures .You all look great .Hope once you get over all the excitement you get back to chatting with us all .Somebody was saying the stairs need a good clean .Maybe it's your turn or did you do them the last time ????
keelie gal
Java if i could name a star i think it would have to be blossom and thats my wee grandaughters name ...hill...because i will soon be over it or as betty says sitting on top ,and thirdly because its also the name of my favourite wine so aye it would have to be ............Blossom Hill..

awww i love it already wub.gif laugh.gif
betty2
Isobel the pictures are beautiful Joanne looks so happy a really lovely bride

still here inglesca
Angela Chick
Hello Ladies biggrin.gif

Keelie a was pure raging when i turned 40 laugh.gif so a know how your pal feels lol, but like you say life begins a mind a seen a birthday card in a shop saying life begins at 40 think of the fun you will have at 80 ha ha. Mark will be 38(lucky git) next friday and am 42 next month(groan) oh well its only a number lol.
betty2
Very true Angela its only a number , but mines is a big number but who,s countin no me rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Aye betty but just for talking sake a fancy the number 25 again biggrin.gif och well your as young as you feel

Im of to the zzzzzzzzzland night all xx
betty2
night Angela am fur bed too

still here in glesca
jakka13
Oh tae be forty again laugh.gif .
I hated the thought of turning forty and said to my best pal who worked with me that I didn't want anyone to know and I would just pretend it wasn't happening .Went to work that day ,nobody said a word and I was relieved .Went to the canteen for lunch and the whole blo#$% place stood up and sang Happy Birthday .They had a cake with just a really big 40 on it .Well I had to laugh .I've had loads of fun in the 20plus years since and don't feel half as old as I am Your age is what you feel in your heart and not in the years you've lived .
keelie gal
very true jakka wink.gif i can remember i really didnt want to be 30 i had a real hang up about that ,but turning 40 im not bothered as you say its only a number,but ma wee pal is having difficulties comming to terms with the fact she is 40 next week bless her and she canny fathom out why im all excited about it,like you say Angela you felt the same when you had your 40th,but if she thinks im going to let her birthday pass quietly then she has another thing comming as we have a few things up our sleeve for her birthday the only thing im sorry about is i only booked the weekend off work instead of the week laugh.gif
betty2
BINGO

Change in routine today, Jess and I didnt go to lunch as norm [family commitments] so I toddled to the bingo on my own , picked up a £400 pound win biggrin.gif then went to my daughters for dinner. Jess who had been tryin to get me on the phone without success was going to the evening session with her sisters in law, and wanted to arrange to meet me there b Failing to get me the 4 of them went to bingo, and Jess,s sister in law won the million pound jackpot, plus the 10,000 pound house money Is that no something It,ll be in tomorrows paper , but no publicity

still here in glesca
wee mags
jist think betty it might have been you!!! I bet they are happy good luck to her biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.