Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Catherine
Hi mags, sounds as if yer burlybroon personified laugh.gif
Take it easy pet, that steak John made will fling back in the iron ye'v used up daen aw that 'taggy' stuff!

Geoffs made me a new account here, cannae balieve the difference wae the speed etc oan the Board again.
jakka13
Hi Catherine pet ,busy days here as you might know .I logged of a couple of nights ago because I was cold .somebody said turn up the heat !!! I don't have a furnace here .We have a great open fire in the livingroom and that also heats my bedroom .The rest of the cottage gets cold .it's a three season place no insulation and it gerts quite cold .Thats why we come up in May when things warm up and leave in October when it starts to get chilly .This old place was built in 1920 and is too old to spend money on .It's got the original tongue and groove paneling .It is great as a summmer get away but too old to fix up and it would cost to much to pull it down and rebuild .Maybe if I win the lottery .
Anyway ,what happend to the wee party ??? I left a bottle of Bailey's and I've now got a bottle of rum and some wine .Who feels like a party ???
wee mags
yae know whit jakka as long as its your ain and you like it ,Iam sure its a life saver at times ,and knowing how you like to bake Iam sure you get lots of company ,so pit another log oan the fire and enjoy it wub.gif
wee mags
oops Catherine I forgot tae say if your up tae painting a deck, mine is next wink.gif
wee mags
thhhis was the tag sale Friday night before it started on Sat ,you should have seen it the day
Elma
What a fantastic display Mags, I bet you made more than last year. No wonder you were tired after all the work you put in, now put your feet up and rest on your laurels. biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Morning all,

Another cold morning here in glasgow but my suntan has not disappeared yet biggrin.gif soon will though winter has definately crept in never even had a summer sad.gif
wee mags
sorry betty I meant to put this in Whit are yae doing the day ,I apoligize sad.gif the photo I meant see whhit the tag sale done tae me
Catherine
Mags ahm gauni need tae redo the floorin ah think.....it's jist came up a bit too light an wae them havin the dogs it's gaunni be manky in no time. Yed think ahd huv thoat of that afore ah picked the colour sure ye wid.
The walls look lovely mind you if ah say so masel, ah used the Navajo White on them, Driftwood was the colour of the floor but ahm thinkin maybe goin wae Flagstone ?
It's aw Sherwin Williams paint, they've a shoap opened up jist round the corner.

They come back in two days.....Geoffs aw nervous. Ye shoulda seen his face when he seen me paintin, ah think he thoat ahd finally loast the plot....he jist stood an said Cath ye realise that's no our deck yer paintin...whit ye daen??? laugh.gif

Afore everybudy thinks ahv taken ower the neighbours, it's somethin both her and I were going to do when she got back, we'd already agreed we were doin it, Geoffs in enuf panic, ahm no needin ma pals in here panickin annaw laugh.gif
Catherine
Jakka we're the same up North pet, nae furnace, jist floor board heaters in the rooms downsterrs an the fireplace. Nuthin upsterrs.....but ah don't sleep upsterrs.....that's the inlaws rooms laugh.gif
Ye'll be packin up soon, Geoffs takin the boys back up this weekend, they were aw in the lake yesterday, Geoff said it wis baltic laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Yoo hoo betty where are you?? you better no be kipping on that settee biggrin.gif
jimmyd
Hey there people just poppin in to see how you all are, nothin much goin on here at moment.I thought the party wid still be goin ,an had ma party piece aw ready
ach well here it is anyway .

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/b612401a0
wee mags
jimmy that was good ,I sang along wae yae but I sang the right words biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Morning all hope ye are all keeping well biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Morning all, morning keelie, biggrin.gif

Freezing again here in glasgow no be long till we are getting out the scarves and gloves rolleyes.gif
RonD
Two nights in a row, where ah've built a cozy wee fire in the wood stove. Jist too early tae huv the furnace blawin' away!
wee mags
aye Rond its getting cauld here as well, we have to put on Cardigans now or long sleeved tops sad.gif
stratson
Yesterday the weather in Glasgow turned cold, having to wear a fleece going to the shops.
keelie gal
Its getting a wee bit nippy here aswell wont be long till the long dark nights eh sad.gif
Angela Chick
Hello all,

Keelie the dark nights are well and truely here in glasgow, i detest winter im sure i suffer from S.A.D like most people do cool.gif
Catherine
All you guys at home are spoiled though wae the late night light....it's one of the things I love about bein home in the summer, if it's been a good day then it's light tae about at least half ten.
Over here even in the summer it's dark at nine, winter much earlier again.
We were out the back havin dinner then gabbin, cripes it wis pitch at eight a clock , yer as well gaun tae bed wae the weans laugh.gif

Nippy mornins, cooler nights, but through the days so far it's still lovely here...ye jist know it's comin though ...bandit!! laugh.gif
wee mags
yes they are spoiled indeed that was one of the things my son said when we were home ,"Gee Ma, your right it does stay light longer here "and the twilight at home is also brilliant is it not? wink.gif
Catherine
The Twilight wis here at hauf seven the night mags an wis gone aboot twenty tae eight laugh.gif

Never mind though, we're aw over the world yet kin come in an make a cuppa tea, huv a splash an listen tae Jimmy sounds the gither, nae time clocks really matter at the end of the day wink.gif

Melody ah no ye pop in afore ye head off in the mornin tae the zoo.....have a good one pet.
wee mags
how right you are no matter how you feel jist stop at bettys and get a wee laugh, and share some wee tales and the next thing yer oan top of the world [well for two mins at least ] biggrin.gif
jakka13
Hi Pals,
is there any tea left in the pot ? ma tongue's hingin'oot.Lovely day here ,spent some time in the garden .I always feel sad at this time .I have to cut back plants that are still nice and green and pull out all my wee impatience and petunias .If I leave them in they go all slimy .I've got the ugliest cactus you have ever clapped eyes on .There was an old Irish man who lived at the top of the road and each spring I would come up and he would be selling perennials for a dollar a pot .I bought tons of stuff from him over the years and one day I saw this plant in a hanging basket and asked what it was .He said it was an Orchid Cactus and would I like a wee cutting .Off I came with a wee pot with this wee bit of cactus in it .I put it into a hanging basket and I've carried it back and forth for about four years .This thing just got bigger and uglier every year and never got a flower .I went on the net and found out it wouldn't flower till it became pot bound .Well the hook I had it hanging from broke a few months ago ,I picked the plant up as best I could and put it in another hanger (a bit smaller).I lost quite a bit of it as a lot broke off when it fell .Well lo and behold I've got ten buds on it .I'm treating it like a jewel .I'll pack it up with care and carry it back to the city in a couple of weeks .If I get flowers I'll take a picture and try and post it .Keep your fingers crossed .Heading for bed now ,another busy day planned for tomorrow
keelie gal
Morning ladies biggrin.gif wit a day it is here windy and pelting o rain and it's my day off was going to walk in to town but seeing the miserable day it is ,i think its gonna be a day in the house cleaning oot my cupboards,mind you thats not a bad thing thing seeing as i canny find a thing in there noo too much clutter so im going to be ruthless today and have a good ole clear oot smile.gif
Angela Chick
Hi Ladies,

What a rotten day here lashing rain on and of all day, jeez oh was in mini skirts and sandals last week now am wrapped up like a goon mad.gif been looking after my mum since i came back she aint doing so good poor soul her Arthiritis is back with a vengence but hopefully she will be back to normal soon biggrin.gif
stratson
Very sorry to hear Mum is not so good. Have sent you a p.m. re. this matter. Hoping Mum gets well soon. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Much appreciated stratson just replied to your pm. smile.gif
Catherine
Ocht Angela, send yer mum our best wid ye pet.....bet the rain an damps no helpin either.
That's great though ye'v been with her, ahm sure it takes her mind off things a wee bit.

Whit about Lauren, how's she doin?
Angela Chick
Lauren is doing good catherine, still being a grumpy teen especially since she has a 6.30am rise in the morning for work, mark's like lauren welcome to the real world doll biggrin.gif and no a minute to soon i might add.
tammy
Hi Pals! I'm at work here, thought I'd nip in and try and say hello to all of you! The weather has gone to rain and cold today here too. Makes you just want to stay inside and keep warm. Angie tell your Mum I hope she is feeling better soon. I've left a tray of warm caramel apple blossoms and some lovely cappuccinos for those who might like something to warm them up a little. 2nd dayshift ehre and it has started off busy, busy! So, hoping this lasts a little longer. I hate being wet all day and it's just starting! LOL! Oh Keelie could you come on over to my place and help me do the cleaning? This new shift of mine, keeps me behind all the time! 10am until 9pm and never off on time makes cleaning a bit tough at times. You should have seen the amount of laundry I had last days off! OMG! Did Betty ever post a photo of her new tatoo! That is so funny! Never a dull moment with our Betty. Well folks, gonna have a wee look around and see what's been happening. Hope this finds you all happyand healthy!
Catherine
Nice tae see ye Tammy, an if it's ony consolation pet ahm hame most days an STILL huv the mountains a waashin ...ahv a fridge magnet that says 'Laundry, ye kin run but ye cannae hide' laugh.gif

Ah hear ye Angela, ma nephew Johnny used tae huv his wee day job around the hoose after the school along wae his siblins afore his mum goat in fae work.
Told her quite clearly he couldnae dae it anymare cos he wis workin noo!
'Welcome tae the real world Johnny' wis wan of the nicer things ma sister threw back at him ...it went doonhill fae therr.
Johnny still dis his sherr much tae his chagrin laugh.gif
wee mags
where is that Betty yin ?,is she oot shopping again? wink.gif
Catherine
S'Friday mags, betty'll be oot gettin her herr done, probably is oan her way back fae the Forge after sittin talkin ower a cuppa tea wae somebudy she's never met afore laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Hello all,

Well another weekend been and gone weeks are flying in, i will get done in for saying this but Christmas will be upon us soon(groan) rolleyes.gif.
stratson
Angelachick, will ye be puttin' up lights etc. for xmas or will it be too much of a clutter? biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Stratson perish the thought laugh.gif just the tree up as always and my chaser lights round the window, used to do the full shebang when lauren was wee but to much clutter for me laugh.gif
betty2
Agree wae yi oan that Angela, ah yased rae dae the lot at xmas, but huv cuit back oan it, jist dae the necessary . Weans are aw too big noo, even the g/weans, god that makes me sound auld huh.gif

Been absent fae the board , [family stuff] so goat a lot o catchin up tae dae . Nice tae see old friends still poppin in fur a blether

still here in glesca
betty2
Mornin all rolleyes.gif holiday here the day so am off tae ????????????????????? wherever ah land rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
Java
If ye land anywhere near George Clooney could ye tell him ah'm lookin for him....biggrin.gif
betty2
Well ah hope he,s goat a pal wae him rolleyes.gif java could be daen wae some company the day , just hud a hellish week

still here in glesca
Java
Oh aye, playin for sympathy so ah'll let ye have him, int ye....well awright then, but jist for the day, ah want him back the morra..and don't let aw them at the Forge get their hauns oan him or ah'll never get him back.....laugh.gif.....oh, and ah think yer shoutin oan 47 the day.....laugh.gif
stratson
Glad tae see yer back Betty2. Hope ye have a lovely day, sounds like it would dae ye the world of good. Stay well. smile.gif
Melody
Noo Betty, ye know ye'll jist go oot the door and ye'll come back wi a new best pal. laugh.gif See if yer near Markies gaunni get me a big bag o they low fat crisps? Naw better no, second thoughts gaunni get me a few bananas. sad.gif
betty2
Another hiccup never goat ower the door the day, so java George Clooney,s loss eh? what say you? rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
Melody
Never mind George Clooney whit aboot ma bananas?
betty2
Melody ah promise next time , for you bananas rolleyes.gif this bein a holiday family decided tae call , so i ah never goat tae take ma slippers aff. They mean well but ?? nae outin fur me the day

still here in glesca
Melody
Ah know exactly what you mean Betty. laugh.gif
betty2
All gone now an too late fur me tae go gallivantin, wink.gif

me no happy me too sad
disnae take much tae make me glad
a trip roon the shoaps is aw ah desire
its a wee fix like that that kindles ma fire rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.