Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Isobel
Jakka I wish you would consider a move ,I know you talked about it. We moved in here three months ago , Last week we had our first street party ,do you know all forty two home owners showed up. What a day . We had three BBQ'S going tons of food . music all day and everyone brought there own bottle. What a great bunch of people. I think I am going to love it here. Yes lets have a wee welcome back for Betty, mind you she could be darn tired tonight . A no our Betty is always up for a wee party eh. Ill get some munchies in she likes a wee crisp and a few nuts way her drink. See you all later then. Need to get Melody and all the singers in .
betty2
Here I am back after a wonderful holiday , everything first class, and very hot weather , but thankfully the hotel was air conditioned, . Portugal is a lovely coumtry , thought it nicer than Spain, and I must add the Portugese are really nice and friendly . So whats bein goin on here ? Have,nt had time to catch up done nothing but sleep since I arrived home wink.gif

still here in glesca
jimmyd
Aye ! so yer back ur ye , aboot time the booze is aw done , ah wis panickin in case I hid tae go an buy some .Right c'mon Betty. let's here ye speak in Portugueseses or whitever ye call it. Did ye get wan o them big big straw hats tae hing in the livin room .,an a wine thingy made oot o pig skin. ?
Welcome home hen .. wub.gif
betty2
Hi jimmy nae straw hat but goat a tattoo rolleyes.gif an its a cracker , the faimily are gawn daft

still here in glesca
wee mags
a tatto yer kiddin right? ach well we will say its your age ha ha biggrin.gif glad your back safe and sound and you had a good time
jimmyd
Dare I as where Betty ??? hell ah will need to find that tatooed lady song haha
Good on ye love,so are the family thinkin you are going to buy a Harley Davidson noo / laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
Betty ye got a tattoo laugh.gif Well ye'll be the talk o the washhoose. laugh.gif Where is it? and Whit is it? Tell me it's no a Celtic emblem is it???
stratson
Glad you had a good holiday Betty2, am sittin' here killin' masel'>>> A tattoo, yer definitely a gemme! You obviously huv a very valid reason for this methinks smile.gif
keelie gal
Glad ye had a great holiday betty how funny is that a tattoo biggrin.gif
betty2
Aye a tattoo rolleyes.gif ach well if yi canny beat them join them, thats ma motto. Family huv jist come up wae the latest, theyre askin " how,s it gonny look when we take yi tae the nursin home wae a tattoo" In their dreams am no gawn therr , mibby take jimmy.d advice an get masel a harley davidson an ride off intae the sunset rolleyes.gif

Melody its a beautiful red rose and its on my shoulder, another laugh in the post this mornin came ma appointment fur ma flu jag , hell knows whit they,ll think when they see it, as if ah care,Its fur real no a dabbitty ah took the needle lol Telt the guy ah,ve hud iron injections so this is a cake walk ha ha ha

still here in glesca
Elma
Good for you Betty, I've always said I would never get a tattoo but now you've got me thinking laugh.gif I would love to see their faces when you are getting your flu shot, tell them to put it into the middle of the rose, maybe it will grow laugh.gif
murn
always thought about gettin a small one on my ankle, see what you have started, was it sore? huh.gif
Angela Chick
Merhaba Kadinlar biggrin.gif (Turkish for hello ladies) well i had a fantastic holiday, hotel lovely food was amazing and the weather was 94/95 degrees everyday and i didnt want to come home i have a gorgeous suntan and i feel so relaxed now and i must have brought the sun to glasgow with me biggrin.gif

I would recommend Turkey the hospitality is great and such a beautiful place especially Marmaris resort something for everyone.

Will put up my pics in the gallery for anyone who wants to have a butchers.
betty2
Murn ah didnae think it wis aw that sore hud worse tjan that in ma time biggrin.gif

Angela will huv a butchers at the pics. but yis wont see mine cos ah never took ony. at ma age it disnae seem tae matter , aw the less fur them tae dispose of when ah get oan ma harley davidson an head fur the great blue yonder tongue.gif

My but yir gettin fluent wae the turkish language good oan yi pal

Elma go fur it girl its worth it tae see the looks oan faces when they see it Shock ,diapproval, turned up noses, then there are the normal average wans who see the funny side o it, efter aw if ah cin make folk laff then am happy been daen it aw ma life so why change noo

still here in glesca

Aw furgoat tae menshun the shoaps were brilliant came back wae some nice gear
betty2
Nite nite away tae watch telly must be something decent oan it ,

still here in glesca
Isobel
glad you both enjoyed your holidays . Must take a look at the gallery . Good on you Betty. A tatoo. How about a wee picture of it. Your sure its no just a dabitay. I got one once just to see if anyone noticed. Kids thought I had gone of my heed. But a say good fur you Betty. You only live once, make the most of it.
wee mags
nice to see you both back safe and sound ,betty Iam now having visions of you on my son in laws Harley biggrin.gif
wee mags
awe betty am laughing ma heid aff here I started to think of you and Burt Lancaster,yae know like him and Anna Magnani in the "Rose Tattoo"
jimmyd
Change the the name tae Betty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WB-T0Ill08 laugh.gif

Gaun yersel Betty hahaha
Kaneman
Haw Betty a'hm back whit is aw this nonsense aboot tatooos an bikes an stuff? Ah hope ye enjoyed yer wee hols ah hear that Annie is also aff again, a think aw you peeple ther should chip in an buy a time share or sumthin, and then ye cin aw use at differant times an swop it wi others when ye get bored o it?? Noo wheres mah brekkie.....Ah hope that everbuddy is well oot there.... cool.gif
stratson
mags, you've got some memory kiddo! biggrin.gif
murn
oh my gawd JimmyD ohmy.gif just shoot me noo laugh.gif
wee mags
noo jimmy thats funny, and you wurnae supposed tae post that photo of you and me oan the bike, am no talkin tae you for at least wan day
kaneman nice to see you back and looking for yir brekkie again
betty2
Aye I sobel its fur real nowt false aboot me , and when ah dae omething ah go aw the wey rolleyes.gif , kaneman did yi miss me pal? "If yi fancy breakfast fur two
Ah,ll show yi wherr ah,ve goat ma tattoo biggrin.gif

an jimmy thats a classic an ah luved the song lol

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Betty is a gemme chick biggrin.gif you know what they say think young live longer(old before your time is boring and dangerous)

Good on you getting a tattoo betty a red rose to go with my yellow rose laugh.gif
betty2
FAME
am gonna live forever
am gonna learn how tae fly

Angela cn never be said am dull n borin, life is for living and am daen jist that rolleyes.gif They say life begins at 40 mines began the day ah wis born , an that wisnae yesterday rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Well its good nite from me need ma beauty sleep tongue.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Here ah um inmasel again , wink.gif s0on be cawin masel "betty naepals" rolleyes.gif an that,ll be a first

still here in glesca
maryhillgal
a cannae sleep Betty nae mates, so ah'll keep ye company. How's it gaun?
maryhillgal
Going to bed now Betty 2 [got your wee message] as I've got a funeral to go to at 11.00 a.m. today.
betty2
Sorry mgal got bored and went off to other sites , thats the way it is at times , nothing interesting so I go for a wee dauner, I,m doin fine rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca

good nite MG sleep tight

still here in glesca
betty2
not many left treadin the boards mibby am wearin the wrang perfume , tongue.gif or wearin the wrang tartan, but both cases its ma choice , an must say ah,ve been in the best o company the night ma ain. So its nitey nite and remember tomorrow is promised to no-one rolleyes.gif

still here inmasel
jakka13
Betty Pal I';m just about to go to bed ,just wanted to say welcome hame pet ,the tatooo sounded good fun .I tried to sort out a party fur ye but I got tied up with other stuff here .three weeks this Friday we close up and head back to the city .Can't believe our summer is almost over .Hope your holiday was spectacular .cheers Jakka
wee mags
well tattooed lady ,I see you had a good time as usual ,I have not been on too much lately the damn tag sale is taking all my spare time ,it all over this Saturday and then back tae normal biggrin.gif which in this hoose is nae saying much
betty2
hi mags its aw in a good cause an you,ll get youre rewards in heaven biggrin.gif

jakka [b]SUMMER wHITS THAT [/b] hud tae go tae portugal tae see sunshine , but well worth the trip. Lookin forward tae ma next gallivant , Ireland in november, faimily say thy,re puttin photos up o me so the weans will remember whit ah look like

an back tae you mags "tghings aint like they used tae be rolleyes.gif

still here inmasel
betty2
Going to bed now , time anaw , so its now morning here , so have a good day

still here inmasel
wee mags
me tae betty its midnight here good night see ya wink.gif
betty2
Hi folks came in here to get some peace and tranquility, fed up lookin at aw these pics o food , beginning tat think yis ur aw glesca gluttons , rolleyes.gif ?????????????????????

still here in masel
Melody
Hi ya Betty, nice to have you back. smile.gif Boards are not the same these days. Remember what it used to be like? Such great fun. Never mind pal it'll pick up again I'm sure. smile.gif
betty2
Hallallluja tae that melody hope its sooner than later . Too many disappearing from the boards

still inmaselh
Melody
Yes there are Betty it's a great pity, so many good posters gone. Not the same atmosphere now. The only way is up pal. smile.gif Whit ye up tae?
betty2
MELODY Remember my old aunt who was in the home , well she was taken to GRI yesterday and died ithis morning aged 84. She had lived a very full life worked until she was 72 , But these last 10 years she did,nt have a very good quality of life her mobility became poor and then dementia . She has earned her eternal rest. Waiting on her daughters who live abroad to arrive for final details on her funeral

still inmasel
Melody
Och Betty, God Rest Her. That's sad, it never matters what age a person is they somehow remain the age we remember them best in our hearts. These days eighty something does not seem that old somehow. She will be at peace now, God bless her.
Melody
Betty that post of yours made me think how well we all knew each other in the old days on here. How I remember you talking about your auntie, we have shared a lot of our lives on here in the nicest of ways. smile.gif
betty2
Ditto melody IT just seemed natural to word it in that way , as you say we were all close buddies then , Friendship between us was very profound and true

still inmsel
Melody
I think that's what we miss most. However we can rekindle it I'm sure, we'll keep the faith pal. smile.gif
betty2
Fath can move mountains , rolleyes.gif think were gonny need a bulldozer biggrin.gif

still inmasel
Melody
laugh.gif laugh.gif Well we can hire one. Can you think of anybody?
betty2
Ehhhhhhhhhh is wimpey still alive in glasgow??????? They irish navvies could shift merr than drink rolleyes.gif

still inmasel
betty2
Huvna done ma dinner dishes yet [only dishwasher in here is WOmanual] me back later

still inmasel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.