Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Angela Chick
A know melody so i will pop up tomorrow to see her and say cheerio before i go, she has family visting her tonight biggrin.gif
Melody
That's nice Angela, she'll be fine now. smile.gif I'm glad it's over for her and you. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Wonder what betty is up to probably sipping the local wine biggrin.gif no be long till am having a wee Raki myself funny how your holiday flies in and takes forever to come. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif have alovely time angela
Angela Chick
Thanks anne a surely will, you spent all nevilles money yet biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif dont forget tae leave me yirr wellies,,,aw ah jist remembered you dont have any right ,,
Angela Chick
Ooops GL a forgot aboot the weelies a will buy you a pair in Turkey biggrin.gif
tammy
Hi Ladies, haven't been able to pop in for awhile. I have had to spend part of my holiday sitting at my Grandad's bedside and unfortunately for me and the rest of the family he passed away this past Monday. He was a wonderful man and never had an unkind word for anyone in his lifetime. I got the call to come and I rushed over and it took 3 days of sitting with him before he left us..the worst part was my Uncle asked me to check his pulse again because he looked pale and as I was doing that it stopped. I never felt so helpless in all my life since it was for the best and he had DNR orders in place and we had expected it and had only started him on morphine 2 days for his pain. Even with my job and doing it for 16 yrs it was the worst feeling ever. And I had to go and tell the nurse that he had gone since she was getting him more medication for his pain, I met her on the way back to the room and told her to take it back. We have the knowledge that he had a good life and was well loved and his suffereing has ended. We have a family service Saturday. So, needless to say I have been a bit tired and stressed out, not quite how I envisioned my holidays to be. But, with the sad news I received a most welcome parcel on my arrival home..a beautiful jewellery set made just for me from my pal Keelie! It was just what I needed to lift my spirits..thank you pal.

Betty I hope you are having a blast on your holidays. Angie, glad your Mum is doing ok and I hope the operation does the trick and her quality of life improves vastly! Enjoy your trip on the 1st! Take loads of pictures to show us!
keelie gal
A big cuddle fer ye pal and my arms are wide open fer ye wub.gif just want tae let ye know ye always have pals in wee betty's room just wish we had stocked up on the tankinis and went to the algarve wi her oh wit a ball we would have we could sneak melody,boots,catherine,wee mags ,angela jakka n jimmy in oor cases ochhhh customs widnae bat an eyelid,cause i would just blame it all on you laugh.gif

no pal i would staun up fer ye
toerag
Hi Tammy so sorry to hear about your grandfather, but you and your family will take peace in knowing he is not suffering anymore. May he rest in peace.
wee mags
sorry to hear of the death of your grandfather
Elma
So sorry to hear about your grandfether Tammy, thankfully you were able to be with at the end and I'm sure he knew. Hugs to you and I'll be thinking about you on Saturday. wub.gif
annie laurie
Condolences Tammy, to you and your Family,
Thinking of you,
Take care
keelie gal
Morning All hope you all have a nice weekend and wherever you are i hope the weather is nice ,Tammy looking forward to your phone call pal wub.gif
Anne1
Tammy sorry to hear of your loss
glasgow lass
aye Tammy ,,,sorry to hear the sad news its alway a loss no matter how old
Gemini
Tammy my Condolences to you and yours may he R.I.P.

KeelieGal I am really looking forward to it heard so much that it should be worth the trip .
Angela Chick
Tammy my deepest condolences on the loss of your granda may he rest in peace. wub.gif God Bless.
keelie gal
hello ladies wonder how our betty is getting on with her hols bet she is havin a rerr terr out there cool.gif
stratson
Tammy, my Deepest Sympathy on the loss of your Papa. May his dear soul Rest In Peace.
stratson
Angela,hope am not too late on wishing you a "Happy Holiday".(today you leave?)

Best regards to your Mum, she is indeed a sojer going through with the surgery, however she will reap the rewards, Hugs.
RonD
My condolences Tammy. I'm sure he knew he had a good life and is even better for knowing that he left behind wonderful progeny such as yourself!
keelie gal
aww ron that was lovely very well put xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wub.gif luv's ya tammy xxx
Catherine
Tammy jist catchin up here after been off a few days, lots of love pet and God Bless you all and your Grampa, may he Rest in Peace.
Take it easy.
Isobel
Tammy just visiting Bettys wee hoose and reading your sad news, Thinking of you and your family right now. God bless. Isobel
keelie gal
Morning all hope you are all keeping well ,monday morning and its raining no sign of any sunshine today cant belive its september already where has the time gone for me this year has just flown by smile.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif aye keelie times flown this year right enough
keelie gal
Anne it only feels like last week it was spring mibbes thats because we didnt have much of a summer eh smile.gif Still i got a shock when i went into a card shop the other day to buy a birthday card and the shelfs were packed with christmas stuff,it used to be that after all the halloween stuff had gone from the shops they would bring out the christmas stuff then seems they just cant wait noo eh rolleyes.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif maybe its because your a granny now and gettin auld, anyway I bought xmas cards in sale when a was hampshire n july true about halloween shops usually chock a block wae stuff
wee mags
well I just got a chance tae say hello my daughter and I had a tag sale ,am no awe there[, Iam the chairwoman of our church tag sale] and we done this ,made a few bob so it wis worth it ,
yesterday we had all the kids here, and we had a clambake it was terrific and we had a good time , wink.gif
keelie gal
Hello Mags how did the church sale go?
wee mags
keelie its not until Sept the 15th and 16th I wil let you know wink.gif this is part of the tag sale last year
wee mags
heres another view
keelie gal
Wow mags it looks like alladins cave there wish i was there myself mags so i could have a right good rummage judging by the wee pics im sure you will all do very well so good luck with it and keep us posted mags biggrin.gif
Anne1
rolleyes.gif that mags knows a bargain when she sees wan dont you hen
stratson
Are my dolls still there mags?
keelie gal
betty and angela wi miss ye dolls ...xxxxxx hurry back biggrin.gif
wee mags
the dolls are gone sorry stratson ,I will take some of this years sale,
last year we made $22,000 for the church wink.gif no bad eh?
stratson
Well Done mags, mind ye ,am no surprised the amount of good stock you appear to have. Does your church have anything major in mind for the funds? smile.gif
wee mags
they use it to repair and do odds and ends they dont have the funds for
Elma
Some lovely stuff there Mags, and I'm sure you'll do even better this year
keelie gal
Mags that was great $22.000 last year you sure worked hard to raise that amount so well and im sure this years sale will do brilliantly, stratson when i saw those wee dolls in mags wee pic of the sale i thought of you as i know you love those dolls about 10 years ago i started collecting dolls and built up a good collection of them but my john hated them as i had them on display in our bedroom he said he couldnt get a good nites kip because of those dolls daft git he has been watching too many horror movies rolleyes.gif so last year when we cleared out the loft i brought the dolls down and gave them to john's mum for her church sale and she told me that all of them were the first things to be sold one woman had bought the entire collection so im just glad they went to a good home and it was for a good cause biggrin.gif
wee mags
I suppose betty anAngela are enjoyin their holiday .the weather here got hot and humid again
keelie gal
Mags over here its like oor summer has come in september its lovely and hot and folk are packing the beaches again bizarre fer september but im no complaining biggrin.gif cool.gif
toerag
Same here Mags, we hit a record yesterday 34 degrees, too hot for me, air conditioning back on again!!
wee mags
toerag its hot here the day again ,so the air conditioner is going full blast again hows the wee grandaughter ?
jakka13
Strange weather here .We had the fire on on Wednesday ,my feet were perished .Got up yesterday ,hot and humid again so on went the AC .Had the AC running again today but it's blowing a gale outside .I had to rescue a pile of stuff my neighbors had left out on their boat .Felt like Captain Nemo down the front ,waves pelting me while I fished chairs and air beds out of the lake .Never mind ,it's been a good summer and I'm sure if it had been cool and wet I'd be complaining so I've enjoyed this summer .
Now lets get down to business .When does Betty get back ???? .'moan we'll surprise her ,I got some new net curtains from Terelys .I've put a cerry oot in the press and I'll make some chicken Vol-au -vents for when she gets in .If sumbudy knows when she gets back wid yees get some milk and breed in fur hur ??.Whit if we hiv a wee perty when oor ain Betty gets back ,she's hid a hard time lately and I know she'll enjoy a wee sing song .I'll try and get my auld pipes tuned up ,la,la , tra la la .When you walk through a storm La la la
toerag
Mags, the wee one is doing just great, she will be 7 weeks tomorrow cant believe its going so fast!! Hot & humid here again except tonight there is quite a wind but a hot wind, Jakka yer neebor will be pleased you are there to look after things!
keelie gal
jakka ma china yer a wee doll so ye are wub.gif i think the lassies are back this week but i could be wrong... still its no the same withoot them eh ...bet the pair of them has cracking tan's by noo anaw jakka ye sure have a lovely way with words and a wicked personality out spoken n straight tae the point same as betty n mags and on that note i have nothing but total respect for you's wub.gif
jakka13
Hi Keelie pet ,yer a wee smasher so ye ur .We've sum folk oan these boards these days that find a wee visit in Betty's boring !!!!!!.Well as far as I'm concerend they have no imagination or true rememberence of things in days gone by .Your Daddy and my Mammy probably shared all the pubs in Partick .God love them .Our door was never locked untill we were all home and ready for bed .The key was always in the lock .A rattle of the letterbox was all it took for a neighbor to pop in .Wish I had those times back again .I've lived in my condo for over thirty years .There's six of us on the floor and only one I would consider a friend .Lets try and get a party organized for Betty when she gets back .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.