Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Angela Chick
Melody a changed it the other day a found that pic in google biggrin.gif
Melody
It's lovely jist ma colours ah love that purple. laugh.gif Is it this Friday you go away?
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif aye Angela sounds like a nice time you'll be having,,bit kin yi leave me yuur wellies,,jist poot them oan the door step furr me hen
Angela Chick
Melody i fly out sat 1st sept so thats a week on sat coming biggrin.gif if it was 3 days away i would be taking a flaky about the flight(shudder) so av'e got a wee bit more time to prepare maself(oh a wish).

GL you can have ma wellies with pleasure am sick of the sight of them wit am a talking about i dont have wellies laugh.gif
Melody
You'll be absolutely fine. Just think how good it'll be when you get there. smile.gif
Angela Chick
I seen this wee poem thing on the web the day thought it was special biggrin.gif

When you love someone its nothing,
When someone loves you its something,
When you love someone and they love you back its Everything.
wub.gif
Melody
Oh so it is Angela, one sided love is no good at all. sad.gif Did ye see Lizee's Brief Encounter. wub.gif Always gets me.
Angela Chick
Melody a have never seen that film but i checked out lizee's link and i take it its about a couple who are married and fall for each other?
Elma
It was a great film Angela, you can probably get it to rent on DVD.

Just in case no-one noticed, and you probably didn't, this is my 2000 post, kept it specially for Betty's room. I'm having fun and love you all wub.gif
betty2
Congratulations Wlma 2000 th post an yi spent it wae me LOVELY LADY.

Sun has got his hat on , so I aint stayin in this day, gonny take a wee trip tae the forge , 1 week tae go an am off tae sunny shores, so there must be somrthing in the shops waitin for me to pick up biggrin.gif Must be summit waitin fur me ehhhhhhhh,Ach ah,ll go look see

Morning to all dear friends have a lovely day

still here in glesca
betty2
Ooops sorry Elma hut the wrang key again wink.gif

still here in glesca
stratson
and a Lovely Good Morning to you Betty2.
betty2
mornin stratson and a lovely one too cool.gif

still here in glesca
Melody
Mornin' Betty and Stratson, lovely day, sun shinin' , what more could you ask. smile.gif Well quite a lot but ah'll no be greedy. laugh.gif Have a good day pals.
betty2
Enjoy melody biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
stratson
Good Morning Melody. biggrin.gif Yes, is a day for the coast methinks!
wee mags
goodmorning ladies I it 2-30 am , cannae sleep so I thought I would pop in to see you ladies ,Goodmorning stratson Betty and melody or should I be calling you Anne Murrey Melody? thats who betty thought was singing, and you wur pulling her leg biggrin.gif
stratson
Mags, you can call me Anne Murray!(alas, not the singer,) laugh.gif
wee mags
stratson have you heard Java and Melody sing yet my but they are talented so they are ,they have lovely voices biggrin.gif
betty2
Jist shows how proffessional she sounded aye yi wur good pal , biggrin.gif mags you should be curled up in bed

still here in glesca
wee mags
I read a wee while took a nice shower and fell asleep for 20 mins and woke up and couldnae get back to sleep ,I guess its auld age wink.gif
stratson
Yes mags, had a rerr night listenin' to all the lassies, they were really good, enjoyed masel' a treat. Yes both java and Melody did a "Anne Murray" number.(is my legit name, that's only resemblance) canny hold a note those days! biggrin.gif
wee mags
dont feel so bad Stratson a cannae sing maself ,my daughter who has a nice voice will say" Ma if you could hold a tune that would be a nice song" cheeky wee bugger eh? biggrin.gif
betty2
Mags grab a flight an c.mon wae me am gaun tae the forge then we could huv lunch biggrin.gif

still here in glesca

stratson I also had a famous name Betty Hutton an bein as scatter brained as her is my only claim
stratson
O.M.G. a loved Betty Hutton, mind "The Greatest Show On Earth", she was in so many films, right through the 40-50's, what happened to her?
wee mags
I got this from my cousin Anne today I hope I can get it to work
betty2
Dony know abour her but am still here in glesca biggrin.gif I remember her best in Annie get youre gun
annie laurie
Lovely picture ladies,

Betty my mothers sister married a Hutton from Bailiston as well maybe we are connected laugh.gif
betty2
Aw mags am no smilin . To you members thats melody anne1 wee mags an yours truly haudin up wan anither ootside Lauders in sauchiehall st am the sober wan biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
annie laurie
Melody you are looking at them as if to say what did they have for there lunch that didnae wub.gif
annie laurie
Sauchiehall Street nothing but the Best for the GG wummin eh????????????
annie laurie
Are you all just tuning up for the Big Band coming, [ the sign behind wee mags ]
Melody what is that they are advertising for 2.99 is it a garter belt cannae make it oot
betty2
Annie laurie Hutton was my maiden name and I came from shettleston and then carntyne. But I know the Hutton,s you mention here in baillieston , my uncle by strange coincidence marries I sa H utton it was a second marriage for isa, she then became Mrs O Rourke. Sadly they are now both deceased but Isa,s daughter I sobel still lives in the area. So there might be a connection after all

still here in glesca
wee mags
I had a rere laugh at it ma face looks like the bliddy The Hunchback of Notre Dame , that was a couple of days after I went to the dental clinic ,my face was still swollen biggrin.gif
Annie if you enlarge the photo you will see its some kind of drink called a double ,unless some body saw ma face
annie laurie
Betty I will check out the names with the family and get back to you and let you know,
I know they were a well known family in Bailiston, [so my mother always told me ]remember my Mum always bragg about her Sister was so proud of her
betty2
Annie its becoming very popular here in glasgow on saturday afternoons a few pubs do the big band theme , really good stuff .Unfortunately we met on a sunday , but anyone coming to glasgow who appreciates this type of music there is a good time available at these pubs

still here in glesca
wee mags
well betty and annie am gonnae try tae get tae sleep again ta ta the noo wink.gif
betty2
Have to go ladies really enjoyed chattin this morning . But I want an early start to my day so its Hi Ho its off to the shops I go rolleyes.gif

Annie L would like to here more about youre family

still here in glesca
annie laurie
Thanks Betty will remember that, when i am over next Year [God willing }
Anyway you all look like you are having fun, makes me happy looking at it,

Great what the GG board has done right??????? biggrin.gif The world is ssooooo small

Mags I am like you to-night or should say this morning 12.21am here Wednesday morning cannae sleep but have enjoyed seeing the picture cheers Ladies take a bow
annie laurie
Will speak to my cousin at the week-end Betty [she lives in the u.s.a.and knows the family history well also] and i will let you know O>K. before you leave on your holidays
Dont spend all your cash now save some for the holidays, Cheers
betty2
Had to come back on line tae share this, whilst hanging the washing out I lookied up at the sky natural thing to do on a day as lovely as this , lovely blue sky then I noticed two white lines crossing over and believe me it took the shape of the saltire , anyone in glasgow check this , . I f ah wis a bettin wummin ah would check the racing page lookin fur a horse wae any connective name or a jockey wearin these colours . Thats how strong this was

still here in glesca
keelie gal
Betty last month i had the exact same thing lovely blue sky and the two lines that made a perfect saltire i ran in the hoose tae find my camera and took a photo of it as it sure made a lovely sight but unfortunatley the photo didnt come oot too good sad.gif
glasgow lass
have a smashin day oot in the nice weather lassies eh biggrin.gif
Kaneman
Hi aw, been oot shoppin up a storm, new clathes, because o mah workin oot has made aw mah clathes aw tao loose aboot mah ex beer belly, an tae tight aroon mah bulgin musles oan mah arms ah'n shooders...aye Betty they''ll no no whit hit them...front page stuff an aw...oh ah'n ta fur the Salad it wis great...where did ye buy that feta, low fat ah see... tongue.gif
betty2
It was a lovely sight indeed but I discovered the two lines were made by planes flying overhead enroute to glasgow airport. Bit it was a perfect saltire biggrin.gif

Iread the story of the saltire but cant remember who it was who first noticed a self same incident and that was how the saltire became . C.mon there must be somebody on here who knows the story. Somehow I think it was to do with a battle [might have my wires crossed there] HELP ME

still here in glesca
betty2
Well pleased wae masel went shoppin and had a great time . The young lassie in QUIZ [ladies boutique] was most helpful an ah came oot wae two packages an a few quid poorer but very happy. disnae take much tae keep me smilin biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Hello rolleyes.gif am off tae the bingo , glutton fur punishment , still ah,ll no win if ah dont play.

still here in glesca

Angela waitin oan ma lift catch up wae yi later
Angela Chick
Hello all,

What a cracker of a day here in glasgow seemingly will last to sunday so av'e been taking advantage and sat in my garden all afternoon biggrin.gif called my tour company tonight to ask them about my check in time at the airport and the guy told me its 41 degrees in Turkey just now oh bring it on am ready biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Angela bet ye canny wait eh have ye got yer case all packed yet biggrin.gif oh we are due a heatwave comming in tomorrow i canny wait and at least i will be able to get a washing oot aswell cool.gif
Angela Chick
Keelie case is nearly done just to add a few things biggrin.gif aye we are due some sun long time coming biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.