Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Aye Angela tae hell wae the fella "been therr done it an goat the Tshirt" Am up early this mornin again havin a day oot , meetin Jess fur lunch then off tae the bingo. Retirement is a great time rolleyes.gif

Lee,s hame fae sunny mexico aw tanned an as handsome as ever. "THATS MA BOY"

STILL HERE IN GLESCA
betty2
Well I,ll say "good morning" now cause I.ll be disappearing shortly . have just emptied Lee,s case and popped all,n,sundry intae the washin machine .So kaneman therrs bacon an square sausage in the oven an freshly buttered rolls enjoy the rest o yir day

still here in glesca
Kaneman
Mornin Betty ye are indeed a wee star...ta fir the brekkie...ah need yer address cos I know where ahm retirin... biggrin.gif
keelie gal
Kaneman your still no shouting aboot food are ye rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Elma
He's obsessed with it Keelie, wonder what size he is???????????? laugh.gif
betty2
Its me he,s obsessed wae elma huv yi no noticed ITS MA CHARISSMA

still here in glesca
Anne1
laugh.gif yer that modest betty hen a like that
betty2
Honest is the word anne

still here in glesca
Anne1
laugh.gif any luck at bingo went tonight nae luck think a wid need to shout ma ain nunbers to get a shout
betty2
goat £40 the day an £20 last night on a roll. But the day has been a great day all round for me. biggrin.gif Happy days ahead at long last

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Hello all biggrin.gif

Quiet in here the night must be all out on the town, we just had a quiet night in saving the pennies for Turkey och well it will be worth it 7 nights of dolling ourselves up and doing whatever takes our fancy biggrin.gif
betty2
Yes Angela its countdown , sittin here an ma case is at the ready, almost therr rolleyes.gif ,Goodbye tae rain , an hello sunshine. nothin tae dae bit loll aboot aw day then gettin dickied up at night rolleyes.gif Ahhhhhhhhhh this is the life

but right noo am still in glesca
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Oh yes betty thats it sheer bliss ma case is nearly done just to add a few bits, another thing that freaks me out(apart from flying) is Dalaman Airport aw they turks with their guns cos its a Military Airport some of the faces on them are right dour biggrin.gif
betty2
Never been tae Turkey but I think you find that in most of these european airprts they aw huv dour faces, sad.gif mibbybthey dont like us comin intae their country but they sure as hell like takin oor money

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Aye a know betty you have to pay a tenner to get into Turkey no that am complaining its a gorgeous country apart from the airport turks they rest are so nice biggrin.gif

Ma bed is shouting for me and i canny ignore it so night night biggrin.gif
betty2
Are yi sure its no mark daen the shoutin rolleyes.gif Good night Angela sleep tight

still here in glesca
Gallusbisom
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

GB
betty2
rolleyes.gif the only shoutin goin oan here is Lee tellin me tae stoap playin the music. tongue.gif

Hi gb

still here in glesca
wee mags
I just stopped in for a minute ,its that time of the year when my church has its tag sale so Iam busy with that the now all sorts of stuff coming in ,its fun but hard work,just thought I would let you know wink.gif
betty2
Many have passed through this room o mine
Sharing laughter and tears with a friendly line
Four years on this board and two on board one
Six years in all we shared a lot of fun
But I remember the night that it all began
Ah wis sittin INMASEL enjoyin a wee can
So went oan the computer an startit tae type
An afore ah knew it the place was aw hype
It became a place to come fur a laff
An boy o boy did this room take aff

Then came that dreadful time in 2003
When the board went doon an no oan wan knee
But thanks tae martin we aw goat back oan line
An wee mags resurected this wee room o mine
We washt the sterrs in this oor wally close
Cos withoot this room we wur aw loast
It wis in here ah yased tae sit an write in rhyme
Cos back then that wis a wey o passin time
The poems a penned their number ah canny tell
But that wis how it aw startit this INMASEL

Noo there are some who turn up their noses
They,re no interestit in wally closes
But tae us who shared this way of life
We aw remembered oor days o strife
Tae us there wis nae days o wine ,n,roses
But happy wur we in OOR WALLY CLOSES rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca but noo in a mid terrace tongue.gif
wee mags
noo that wis rere betty hen
you are talented wae yir pen
the tales you have told are real
and t o our hearts they do appeal
some are funny and some are sad
but to see you doing your poems am awfae glad biggrin.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
betty I cannot find your poems that you had on here any ideas?
betty2
Havent a clue mags , dont know what happened to them ???????

still here in glesca
wee mags
betty if you go to your first page of this you will find one of your peoms and then on page three one from the one and only Bard biggrin.gif
betty2
QUOTE (betty2 @ 29th Jul 2003, 12:03 AM) *
For the past week my heart was sad
But now today it has turned to glad
We are all posting once again
And taking our trips down memory lane
The glasgow that you all once knew
Into a city of culture it has grew
But many of you will remember its past
And those memories of childhood I'm sure will last
Those happy times I'm sure most of you spent
In a room'n'kitchen in a tenement
Glasgow the city of culture it became
But to all of you it will always be hame
No matter how far away you may roam
Glasgow's the place you will always call home
betty2

mind this wan mags
betty2
QUOTE (betty2 @ 29th Jul 2003, 02:56 PM) *
Noo the ferr wance again is comin tae an end
These wee tit bits tae you'se ah'll send
The waverly is still trippin doon the clyde
Wae loats o folk fae far an wide
But also oan this steamer you'll find
Glesca folk o every kind
Maw 's will take their weans away fur the day
Tae Dunoon an Millport and Rothesay bay
Senior citizens wae tears in their eyes
See the empty docks where wance great ships did rise
Many teenagers on this ship do go
Ower tae Rothesay where theres a good disco
Oan the bottom deck a trio play
Music that suits nae matter where you're fae
And if yi want yi cin get up an dance
But wae the rollin o the ship yir takin a chance
There's nowt better than a trip doon the clyde
And this is seconded by all from far and wide

All our yeteryears rolleyes.gif
Whilst takin this trip doon memory lane
Ah remember the good days when ah wis a wean
betty2
wee mags
noo those wre the days wurnt they ? am off tae bed noo wink.gif
betty2
G.nite an god bless

still here in glesca dry.gif
Angela Chick
QUOTE (betty2 @ 18th Aug 2007, 02:32 AM) *
Many have passed through this room o mine
Sharing laughter and tears with a friendly line
Four years on this board and two on board one
Six years in all we shared a lot of fun
But I remember the night that it all began
Ah wis sittin INMASEL enjoyin a wee can
So went oan the computer an startit tae type
An afore ah knew it the place was aw hype
It became a place to come fur a laff
An boy o boy did this room take aff

Then came that dreadful time in 2003
When the board went doon an no oan wan knee
But thanks tae martin we aw goat back oan line
An wee mags resurected this wee room o mine
We washt the sterrs in this oor wally close
Cos withoot this room we wur aw loast
It wis in here ah yased tae sit an write in rhyme
Cos back then that wis a wey o passin time
The poems a penned their number ah canny tell
But that wis how it aw startit this INMASEL

Noo there are some who turn up their noses
They,re no interestit in wally closes
But tae us who shared this way of life
We aw remembered oor days o strife
Tae us there wis nae days o wine ,n,roses
But happy wur we in OOR WALLY CLOSES
still here in glesca but noo in a mid terrace tongue.gif

Angie(applauds) brilliant betty you sure have a talent, and that poem makes me think of a saying my mum always said " oh them they have a knew a*** and forgot their old one. biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
What a lousy day here in glasgow rain again mad.gif soon we will be boating it down the streets ohmy.gif
Melody
Sure is Angela, great that Betty's poems have resurfaced, they are really clever. They always made great reading in the old days on here. smile.gif
stuarty
Betty am givin you this compliment as compliments are due and they poems are great and i mean that a do read the posts and want to join in but a just dont want to cause anymore discontent in gg or anywhere else thanks for cheering up my day the day and hope you win at the bingo again please dont send me a straight talking answer back as a cant handle it anymore a just wanted to say thank you nothing more nothing less and a love the old up a close topic called betty 2's room as a see you all have lots of laughter ant thats what its about no more diggin and snappyness from my side of the fence so to speak lfe is to short and enjoy your holiday and everybody else also ok a canny say no more so am saying lets just get a wee bit of peace in the world of ggers and be happy, and if we are sad, let us share good times, bad times and sad times, huggles if you will accept them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
, stuarty
Gallusbisom
Betty, m'dear, your wee hoose, is a treat to visit, always. I was not so fortunate as to live up a walley close, just the "big pen" on the Paisley Rd. (do you know I am not sure what that stands for but I know someone who will. George, help, can you explain that for me?) but regardless of it not being a walley close and having very few panes of glass in the stair windows---maybe the lack of glass was something to do with the war? I doubt it, I just think the factor wouldn't dish out the money for them. But I was made very welcome and got to take my turn at the stairs and doing the windows etc. As much like being with family as one can achieve in cyberspace. laugh.gif And then when the group has a meet, it really does become family. Hope I can make it to one, one day. So count me in for the days gone by. Where I come from is what made me who I am today and I could go back tomorrow and feel as if I had never left.

Betty your poems are great. Let's have some more, when you have the time.

GB
George Muir
Hi GB, here is the only thing I could find about a "pen".
"Pen in common parlance means to coop up or confine. In the present instance, in East-end vernacular it is a big close or passage. Thus a close was generally taken to be a passage about five feet wide, but a pen close was always considered to be wide enough for the passage of a horse and cart."

In some places outside of Glasgow it was called a "pend"
Gallusbisom
George,

Thank you, in my memory (no yestarday ye understnad wub.gif ) there wiz a "works" at the end of the pen. I have no idea what it was etc. but I do remember lorries going in and out. I think that maybe I should remember more but I don't . I will contact the last member of my family and enquire if he has any info. One thing I can be assured of that it was at least wide enough for a horse and cart. laugh.gif

I am so glad that we are permitted to have a "Chat" in Betty's hoose wihout her telling us we have gone off topic .

GB
Java
Oh, 'mon we'll have a nice wee blether....ah'm watchin a frog playin in the puddles here...biggrin.gif
betty2
QUOTE (stuarty @ 18th Aug 2007, 03:52 PM) *
Betty am givin you this compliment as compliments are due and they poems are great and i mean that a do read the posts and want to join in but a just dont want to cause anymore discontent in gg or anywhere else thanks for cheering up my day the day and hope you win at the bingo again please dont send me a straight talking answer back as a cant handle it anymore a just wanted to say thank you nothing more nothing less and a love the old up a close topic called betty 2's room as a see you all have lots of laughter ant thats what its about no more diggin and snappyness from my side of the fence so to speak lfe is to short and enjoy your holiday and everybody else also ok a canny say no more so am saying lets just get a wee bit of peace in the world of ggers and be happy, and if we are sad, let us share good times, bad times and sad times, huggles if you will accept them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
, stuarty

Not discontent [youre words not mine] but disharmony and there were others who gleefully jumped on yore band wagon. "Bearing the olive branch " for that there is no need I dont consider myself better than anyone else who contributes to these boards. But alas there are those on here who think they are , and I know who they are, so in causing the disharmony you only fed them and they used you as an instrument to get at me. Big misteke on their part, I dont give a toss I never asked to be liked just understood, natural and good sense thinking, dont you agree?

Inmasel is and always has been a good topic and will continue to be so , I started it and whomsoever posts in it do of their own choice. No-one except martin holds a monoply on this site.

Straight talking is what I do and what I.ll continue to do, its what I am unlike others on here whom I could name but wont . Their problem not mine

I thank you for the compliment and I never went to bingo today had a better offer , Think I,ve covered all youre points , and done so in a mature fashion, dont hold with silly chidish games ,but must admit they did amuse me to see adults behaving inthis way.

Enjoy the boards

still here in glesca
wee mags
I got back from the church hal,l we started getting ready for our annual tag sale, its fun but hard work,but the Yank said dont worry mags were going out for dinner the young couple who used to live next door have invited us out so there yae go nae cooking the night yae!!!!!!!! wub.gif
Melody
Mags again this week your gaun oot fur dinner? Your fairly doin' it lassie! laugh.gif Enjoy laugh.gif
wee mags
cmoan ower yae can come Mike will take care of you and your hubbys part of the bill tongue.gif
Melody
Ah'm just gettin wur coats Mags haud the bus. laugh.gif Ah'd really like it better if you made ma dinner though.
wee mags
if you ever get here your on wub.gif whit wid you like ?Lobster ,Filet Mingon or whit ? ;)maybe some Chicken Parmigan,wae nice fresh Mozzarella cheese
Melody
Oh the choice is yours Mags something Italian or Meatloaf, something marvelous. In honour of the yank we'll make it Italian ok? Whit time will ah come?
wee mags
whenever you can get on the plane nae kiddin
Melody
Ah know that Mags thank you. smile.gif Ye never know ah might pluck up the courage some day tae sit on that plane for all those hours. In the meantime ye can always come tae me fur mince and tatties ah mean a wee bit o sufferin' is good for the soul. laugh.gif Thank you Mags.
Java
Ah'm dead good at washin the dishes.... wink.gif
Melody
You canny come you've tae make the mince and tatties fur us comin' back. laugh.gif
Java
You know how tae live dangerously right anuff.....laugh.gif ...mind don't buy a return ticket....laugh.gif
Melody
sad.gif Anyhow who would look efter Lennox?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.